unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

There's nothing in /boot/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.2? If you go to the settings page and F5 or Check for Updates there should be at least packages-desc and packages.json. A second refresh/Check should show the list of packages I the webgui. You will need to re Apply them.

Absolutely nothing, nada, zilch

The packages-desc file is one level lower.  No packages.json anywhere not even in 6.1.  The 6.1 folder has 23 txz files.

How do I re-install the plugin if we don't have access to github?

Your server doesn't have access to github? Even if I post the plg, desc and json, all the packages are hosted on github.

I can access github on my laptop once I activate my vpn.  It's just my unRaid server that can't.

Can I download and manually install the missing 6.2 files?

Ok I re-read your earlier post and see your server can't access github. The plg can be downloaded and desc from github but the packages.json is generated from github api. I'll post the plg, desc and json in a zip here.  desc and json go in /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.2 Then can you use your laptop to to download the packages you need from my github /packages/6.2 and place in  /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.2

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57470d5dcf270/NerdPack.zip

I just had a new fresh key with 6.1.8 on it, so I installed nerdpack from github by pasting the link.  This worked fine.  I then installed a few tools, perl screen etc, and it all tried to work.  The package list populated as it is supposed to, and it then attempted to download the files necessary.  However perl took over an hour to get to 10% downloaded, so I cancelled and grabbed it via my laptop over vpn, and put into the folder manually.  This worked fine too.

But the 6.2 server still continues to misbehave.  No way will it populate the package list, forcing me to use the files you attached.  I then downloaded the package files and installed them manually.  The final install is now working on both, but there is something different with the way my 6.2 server behaved.

The Great Firewall of China doesn't behave the same way every day.  And there is something different between 6.1 and 6.2 for Nerdpack installation.

Could we get the locate utility added?  It would be super duper great!

Thanks.

~Spritz

If I can find the packages I will add findutils.

Edit: I'm not sure which program you need. All I could find about locate was info about security exploits. There's an slocate package which is secure locate and there's the findutils but it doesn't include locate anymore probably due to security risks.

Can ffmpeg be added to this?

Thanks...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No. It requires about 18 other packages to work. See my post here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48434.msg464512.msg#464512

It would be better as it's own plugin. There might be a docker or install it in a vm.

This isnt the smallest as possible docker, but I know there are a few pytivo dockers on github and they have ffmpeg installed. I based my pytivo docker off Pinion's version but updated the phusion base image and included newer build of pytivo program.

If you have a docker based on ubuntu then it shouldnt be difficult to use a ppa to install ffmpeg.

Could we get the locate utility added?  It would be super duper great!

Thanks.

~Spritz

If I can find the packages I will add findutils.

Edit: I'm not sure which program you need. All I could find about locate was info about security exploits. There's an slocate package which is secure locate and there's the findutils but it doesn't include locate anymore probably due to security risks.

I'm not aware of the security concerns, but would be curious to know about them.  That being said, locate is still in the findutils package version 4.6, located here --> https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/findutils/

Thanks for the help!

~Spritz

This is old but was the second thing I found searching for the slackware locate utility http://www.securitytracker.com/id/1002127

Locate may be included in the gnu source but it's not in any of the slack builds source or precompiled slack packages. And all of those are only 4.4.2 also. I don't know why they don't include locate. I don't have time right now to debug and try and compile it. But your welcome to try.

Also be aware that you'll need to format your locate commands to point to a database on the flash drive or have a command to symlink it on start up. Otherwise on reboot it'll be gone.

Because of that locate may fall outside the scope of this plugin and be better suited for its own plugin. I'm not sure if other packages included in NerdPack require such steps.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you update lftp to 4.7? Some useful features were added (mostly Remove-source-dirs/Move)...

http://lftp.yar.ru/news.html#4.7.0

If someone wants to compile it I will. If not I will when I have time.

Any chance lftp could be updated, please. I could do with "--Remove-source-dirs" which isn't available in 4.6.1.

Thanks

I can update unRAID 6.2 package but 6.1 will need to be compiled.

Thanks for adding mcelog for 6.2!

I'm still running 6.1.9, and of course it isn't showing up.  It would be nice for 6.1 users to have it too, if that's possible, not too hard?  If Tom adds it, he would only add it to 6.2 not 6.1, so 6.1 users would still appreciate it, even more.

Thanks for adding mcelog for 6.2!

I'm still running 6.1.9, and of course it isn't showing up.  It would be nice for 6.1 users to have it too, if that's possible, not too hard?  If Tom adds it, he would only add it to 6.2 not 6.1, so 6.1 users would still appreciate it, even more.

Just looking for a more up to date 14.1 package unless someone can confirm the 6.2 package works.

Edit : I tried mcelog in a 6.1 VM with no errors. I added the same version to 6.1unless someone has trouble then I'll add a separate 6.1 version.

It installed without any issues, but that's all I can say, I can't get it to report anything.  Different commands reported errors consistent with bad syntax, and no issues appear in the syslog, and there's no mcelog created.  So it may be working, but I can't confirm.  And I don't think I have ever had an MCE.  A little surprised it didn't report errors with my DMI info, as that is really messed up in my old BIOS.

Could you update lftp to 4.7? Some useful features were added (mostly Remove-source-dirs/Move)...

http://lftp.yar.ru/news.html#4.7.0

If someone wants to compile it I will. If not I will when I have time.

Any chance lftp could be updated, please. I could do with "--Remove-source-dirs" which isn't available in 4.6.1.

Thanks

I compiled lftp 4.7.2 for 6.1 and updated.  Let me know if it works ok.

Edit: copied package to wrong spot. Fixed now. Updated for 6.1

It installed without any issues, but that's all I can say, I can't get it to report anything.  Different commands reported errors consistent with bad syntax, and no issues appear in the syslog, and there's no mcelog created.  So it may be working, but I can't confirm.  And I don't think I have ever had an MCE.  A little surprised it didn't report errors with my DMI info, as that is really messed up in my old BIOS.

Do we need mce-inject and mce-test too?

http://mcelog.org/testing.html

Do we need mce-inject and mce-test too?

http://mcelog.org/testing.html

I don't have any experience with it to know how necessary that is.  Plus as dmacias said, we'd need it enabled in the kernel to even try.  In general, I agree it's always wise to test your tools before you need them.  Perhaps someone creating a custom build of unRAID and kernel can play with it, let us know how well it works, and how best to utilize it.

I think we're more likely going to have to go by what happens with those users who report MCE's, with mcelog loaded.

I think we're more likely going to have to go by what happens with those users who report MCE's, with mcelog loaded.

I can confirm that on a system that has MCEs, running unRAID 6.2b21, mcelog does infact produce the log file with hardware issue(s) noted.

The produced log appears in the format noted below (using my own mcelog as reference.)

~# mcelog
Hardware event. This is not a software error.
MCE 0
CPU 0 BANK 17
MISC 8cf00031e0000086 ADDR 5f000000
TIME 1466125355 Fri Jun 17 10:02:35 2016
MCG status:
MCi status:
Error overflow
Uncorrected error
MCi_MISC register valid
MCi_ADDR register valid
Processor context corrupt
MCA: Generic CACHE Level-2 Eviction Error
STATUS ee2000000004017a MCGSTATUS 0
MCGCAP 7000c16 APICID 0 SOCKETID 0
CPUID Vendor Intel Family 6 Model 63
MCE 1
CPU 0 BANK 18
MISC 1cf00031e0000086 ADDR 5f100040
MCG status:
MCi status:
Error overflow
Uncorrected error
MCi_MISC register valid
MCi_ADDR register valid
MCE 2
CPU 0 BANK 19
MISC 54f00031e0000086 ADDR 5f100000
MCG status:
MCi status:
Error overflow
Uncorrected error
MCi_MISC register valid
MCi_ADDR register valid

Thank you so much for adding this in dmacias, it's exactly what I was hopeing for, and I'm sure that there are other users who are having MCEs that will find this useful as well.

• Squid unpinned this topic