unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

It uses curl to retrieve packages and info using github api based on unRAID version. There's no 6.3 repo. It'll probably work if I copied the 6.2  packages to a 6.3 folder in github. I'll have to look through the code.

ok...  First time I've had an issue with NerdPack, so treat me like a noob on my questions    ;)  In the meantime, I have no choice but to downgrade unRaid (wife is actually watching TV for a change, so I have a small window to develop some things  ;D )

I pushed the 6.2 repo to a 6.3 folder and cloned my 6.2 vm and booted up 6.3. Everything seems to work fine now in 6.3. My tv is my server so... but I usually reboot anyway and smile as I listen to the groans throughout the house.

My first Nerd Pack issue, so go lightly on me, as well...

When installing inotify earlier, I noticed that nc said that it has an update available. Hovering over the "update ready" text gives it an underline, but the cursor remains an arrow. Hovering over the "cloud" icon changes the cursor to a finger indicating clickable (Firefox for Win10). However, clicking the cloud icon does nothing.

I installed via CA, and there's no indication there that there's an update to Nerd Pack.

Note: I don't actually have nc installed at the moment, and have no burning need to do so, I just figured I'd get it updated in case I ever need it.

Does the update only work if I've actually got the utility installed?

EDIT: I just noticed this in the log:

Oct 8 09:12:24 NAS emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/NerdPack/scripts/packagemanager --download undefined undefined

might have something to do with it?

unRAID_Nerd_Pack_nc_issue.PNG.00abc528059c38edca0d4b1c82d71f7f.PNG

When installing inotify earlier, I noticed that nc said that it has an update available. Hovering over the "update ready" text gives it an underline, but the cursor remains an arrow. Hovering over the "cloud" icon changes the cursor to a finger indicating clickable (Firefox for Win10). However, clicking the cloud icon does nothing.

I installed via CA, and there's no indication there that there's an update to Nerd Pack.

Note: I don't actually have nc installed at the moment, and have no burning need to do so, I just figured I'd get it updated in case I ever need it.

Oct 8 09:12:24 NAS emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/NerdPack/scripts/packagemanager --download undefined undefined

Don't worry about the nc update. For some reason it gives a false positive that it's installed. The update isn't very smart. It just shows up if there's a different version installed than is in the NerdPack repo whether it's newer or older. So if I update a package to a newer version in the repo, 'update' will show and the Apply button will be available to be clicked.  If you click apply it will download and install the new package. I haven't had a chance to figure it out yet.

Thanks for pointing out the undefined. It's a bug but won't affect anything. Packagemanager will ignore invalid options. My guess, it's because of missing cookies and it will probably go away if you toggle the uninstall and delete switches.

Don't worry about the nc update. For some reason it gives a false positive that it's installed. The update isn't very smart. It just shows up if there's a different version installed than is in the NerdPack repo whether it's newer or older. So if I update a package to a newer version in the repo, 'update' will show and the Apply button will be available to be clicked.  If you click apply it will download and install the new package. I haven't had a chance to figure it out yet.

Thanks for pointing out the undefined. It's a bug but won't affect anything. Packagemanager will ignore invalid options. My guess, it's because of missing cookies and it will probably go away if you toggle the uninstall and delete switches.

Cool. Thanks.

I found a bug on a fresh install of NerdPack on a system that never had it installed.

When going to settings and choosing NerdPack, it just sits forever on Please wait, retrieving plugin information. After comparing to a working installation, I found out that the packages folder in /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack is not created and therefor the endless waiting. Creating the folder manually fixes the problem.

This was on both 6.2 and 6.2.1.

I found a bug on a fresh install of NerdPack on a system that never had it installed.

When going to settings and choosing NerdPack, it just sits forever on Please wait, retrieving plugin information. After comparing to a working installation, I found out that the packages folder in /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack is not created and therefor the endless waiting. Creating the folder manually fixes the problem.

Thanks. Fixed. I forgot -p for mkdir.

Thanks. Fixed. I forgot -p for mkdir.

Noob  :P

Having the same issue with a fresh install on 6.2.1, it looks like the folder your mentioned was created, but the plugin stays on Please wait, retrieving plugin information.

I just removed the plugin and deleted the plugin folder. Reinstalled fine. Do you have a /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.2 folder on the flash drive?

Edit: Does the server have internet connection? What browser? Did you try refreshing the browser cache or click on Check for Updates? Also try running 'curl --version' from the command line, see if it gives an error.

Wow that was quick.  Thanks for the iostat.

Your welcome. If there's a ready available package I can add it with a few clicks from my phone.

I asked you some time ago to add bc. Is it still possible?

Cheers, works fine  ;D

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37541.msg492129#msg492129

It was added for 6.1 but I didn't add it for 6.2+. Not sure why. I added it now.

Seems like something broke the Nerd Package in 6.3.0-rc2 upgrade. When i go to Settings -> Nerd Package i just see "Please wait, retrieving plugin information ..." forever.

Yes php update and some depreciated functions I was using. All good now. It only affected the settings page. The packages would still install.

And thanks Eric for the fix.

hi dmacias,

I use Borgbackup to backup my primary unraid server to my backup unraid server...

A new tool was written to better automate this:  https://github.com/vesparny/borgjs#configuration

It uses nodejs.  Is it possible to have a node.js package added to the Nerd Pack?

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/development/nodejs/

Thanks for your help!

Done.

Holy cow!!

That was quick!

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Squid unpinned this topic