unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Seem to be having a similar issue with dependencies with 6.6.6. The bind package throws the following errors when used:

dig: error while loading shared libraries: libjson-c.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
nslookup: error while loading shared libraries: libjson-c.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The json-c package is a separate package. You need to install that one too.
9 hours ago, Ynd21 said:

Dell Inc. 051XDX

Its a PowerEdge R520. I reinstalled the IPMI plugin for unRAID 6.1+ but def don't have a fan controller automatically. I could also be blind :)

It only works with Supermicro and Asrock boards right now. It looks like it might be able to work with your board if it responds to these commands

https://www.reddit.com/r/homelab/comments/7xqb11/dell_fan_noise_control_silence_your_poweredge/

5 hours ago, dmacias said:

It only works with Supermicro and Asrock boards right now. It looks like it might be able to work with your board if it responds to these commands

https://www.reddit.com/r/homelab/comments/7xqb11/dell_fan_noise_control_silence_your_poweredge/

It works with those commands :) Is it a setting I have to enable? -- Those commands are actually what I use combined with User Scripts that fire on the start of the array. If you have a way to automate my life so it watches temps and changes it, I have a way to send you another beer lol :) 

It works with those commands Is it a setting I have to enable? -- Those commands are actually what I use combined with User Scripts that fire on the start of the array. If you have a way to automate my life so it watches temps and changes it, I have a way to send you another beer lol  
Let's move the discussion to this thread. https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38108-plugin-ipmi-for-unraid-61

I'll post on there a little bit later with some commands to run to help me add support for Dell boards.

Just saw that. Feel like an idiot. Thank you much.

It was originally included in Unraid but was removed. I originally included it with a package (don't remember which) but have since included it separately since other packages need it to. I'll have it auto select jsonc when bind is selected.
On 10/5/2018 at 10:00 PM, dmacias said:

I usually only update the packages if someone asks or there's a new version of unRAID that may cause conflicts. Sometimes I just go through and check for updates and see if there's conflicts. But most updated packages are compiled against Slackware current and unRAID is not always on the very latest. And for good reason till they've tested compatibility. This is the case for BorgBackup. I tried a precompiled package and needed many more packages as well and then it failed on openssl. Needs the very latest. I haven't tried to compile it myself yet.

Hi there, I wondered if it was possible now to update to v1.1.9 from 1.1.6 at all? Or are there still issues with it?

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Diggewuff said:

Feature request:

As the new UnRaid 6.7.0 will support bluetooth devices it would be nice to have bluez package installable to be able to use hcitool for debugging purpouses. Could you add that to the NerdPack?

I added bluez but I'll have to fix a display error on the settings page showing update because it's picking up the bluez-firmware that's include with Unraid.

I am having issues with TMUX on my 6.6.6 system.   When out side of tmux. backspace works fine.   INSIDE of tmux, backspace is a space.  I think I have fix.  But I can't find the .conf file.  Usually under /home/(user)/.tmux.conf      But, there is not /home folder per se in unraid.   Where is TMux, or anything from nerdtools installed so I can find the .conf files?

I am having issues with TMUX on my 6.6.6 system.   When out side of tmux. backspace works fine.   INSIDE of tmux, backspace is a space.  I think I have fix.  But I can't find the .conf file.  Usually under /home/(user)/.tmux.conf      But, there is not /home folder per se in unraid.   Where is TMux, or anything from nerdtools installed so I can find the .conf files?
Unraid terminal is run as root, so It will be under /root. Do you have screen installed? Try installing it if you don't. I had a similar problem with screen and had to add a terminal info to the package. Also if you the .conf file fixes the problem, I have another plugin called cmdline that backs up and restores /root when the server is restarted. This has an added benefit of saving bash history or any other apps that store settings in /root
I'm trying to execute commands from SSH, having installed NerdPack, but am unable to execute things like vim, python etc.

I also tried running commands via UserScripts, but of course, that way I get 'vim command not found' as well.

Is there something I'm missing here?
Thanks!
Did you go to the NerdPack settings page and install them?

Where are the programs installed to?

I can't seem to find the full path, a quick Internet search doesn't help out.

I would ultimately like to use docker-compose which was added to the pack some time ago. :)

Edit:

Ohh, I'll go an see if I got to install them right now. Sorry about that.

Edit 2:

They weren't installed/turned on, thanks! :)

Edited by Arndroid
1 minute ago, dmacias said:
9 minutes ago, timekiller said:
Getting an error trying to use strace:

root@Storage:~# stracestrace: error while loading shared libraries: libdw.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there another tool I need to install?

What version of UnRAID?

6.7.0-rc4

• Squid unpinned this topic