jonp

unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

1083 posts in this topic Last Reply

Any chance of adding 'nethogs'? Sometimes I can see network download activity but I have no clue where it's originating from. Both download tools I use aren't reporting any activity.

According to this site the nethogs tool might shed some light on that!
lbzip2 was added last year, thanks again!
For the same reason above, I've found out that there is a better compression tool called zstd

https://github.com/facebook/zstd
Can this be added as well please?
Added both

Good Day,

is there any chance we can get Speedtest-cli added to the tools, 
This is a cool utility to allow us to do internet speedtest from cli.

Thanks in advance

There is a speedtest plugin that uses speedtest-cli although I'm moving away from that since it's wildly inconsistent.

1 hour ago, dmacias said:
On 4/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, WARLOCK said:
Good Day,

is there any chance we can get Speedtest-cli added to the tools, 
This is a cool utility to allow us to do internet speedtest from cli.

Thanks in advance

There is a speedtest plugin that uses speedtest-cli although I'm moving away from that since it's wildly inconsistent.

I can confirm that inconsistency. Can you suggest any alternative for command line speed tests?

I can confirm that inconsistency. Can you suggest any alternative for command line speed tests?
This is what I've been working with to replace speedtest-cli plus no python necessary
https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-speedtest/raw/master/packages/SpeedTest-1.14-x86_64-1.txz

This is the repo I compiled it from
https://github.com/taganaka/SpeedTest

The only reason I haven't finished incorporating it into the plugin was the full server list. I believe it wasn't sortable for closest or something like that. Otherwise, ran automatically, it worked fine.

Can you please update borg backup to the latest version 1.1.9?

Keep up the great work!

On 4/30/2019 at 11:51 AM, dmacias said:

Added both

Thanks a lot!

For whatever reason lbzip2 disappeared from my plugins list though. Any idea what happened there?

Thanks a lot!
For whatever reason lbzip2 disappeared from my plugins list though. Any idea what happened there?
It's included with unraid now

So utempter keeps saying that there's an update available but when I run the update but says it's already up to date. 

I tried removing it and reinstalling but it always says it has an update available, am I doing something wrong? 

So utempter keeps saying that there's an update available but when I run the update but says it's already up to date. 
I tried removing it and reinstalling but it always says it has an update available, am I doing something wrong? 
What version of unraid and what other plugins you have installed?

What version of unraid and what other plugins you have installed?

UnRaid 6.7 RC 8

Plugin that I think will stand out for this is Preclear, it looks like it installs the same version of utempter but it still says it's got an update.

It's more of an OCD thing really, something on the server I can't update. (I'm the type that, as a nervous tick I'll check for and install all the updates I can find, in everything, yeah, I get crap at work for it lol).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Since git has been removed from Unraid 6.7.0 how do I use NerdPack to add it back? I don't see it listed in the GUI.

Maybe I'm thinking that it was in NerdPack during 6.6, and I just left it installed for the longest time on 6.7-rcX  @dmacias would need to update NerdPack

16 minutes ago, dmacias said:

I added git back in

Thank you.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:22 PM, Nischi said:

As mentioned earlier, you need msgpack, setuptools and Python3

However, that will lately result in the message "Using a pure-python msgpack! This will result in lower performance." when running backups. From what I can tell, it will only use 1 core, thus slowing down backups quite a lot.

So then how is this solved? A few sites say this may be due to packaging while other sites say something else. I'm not familiar enough with Python to know what they're talking about. Is the version of borg contained in this package a python script versus a compiled one or something?

@dmacias- can you add Serf back into the Nerd Tools package?  It seems to have dropped at some point.

Thanks for the great work on this!

Would love to be able to create a custom/informative motd, any objections to including update-motd?

If possible figlet and lolcat too but they're really only for a bit of 'fun' for a header if I'm pushing my luck.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:37 AM, absolutefour said:

any chance to get unison added? it will be better at two way syncing than rsync for external HDD backups.

Seconding this, unison is a godsend

On 5/14/2019 at 2:24 AM, nraygun said:

So then how is this solved? A few sites say this may be due to packaging while other sites say something else. I'm not familiar enough with Python to know what they're talking about. Is the version of borg contained in this package a python script versus a compiled one or something?

Sorry must have missed your reply, just noticed it now. 

Anyway, no I haven't been able to fix it. I tried manually installing the Slackware packages, but i never managed to get it fully working. 

I think we probably need to update some of the other 3 packages for it to run correctly. 

any chance to get unison added? it will be better at two way syncing than rsync for external HDD backups.
Added unison

I have notice that node no longer works after updating unRAID to version 6.7.0. Error (node -v):

node: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any hint to resolve this problem?

On 6/17/2019 at 11:28 AM, dmacias said:
On 6/1/2019 at 10:37 AM, absolutefour said:

Added unison

Legend!

There does seem to be an issue similar to @mrroadrunner above about missing shared libraries.

unison: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [/CODE]

Can you add sqlite3?  Apparently it's been removed from unraid 6.7.1 forward

Can you add sqlite3?  Apparently it's been removed from unraid 6.7.1 forward
Added