unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

11 hours ago, dmacias said:

That was the right one but i just installpkg'd it. Also you need setuptools

I assume you mean python-setuptools-41.0.1-x86_64-1.txz. I have that installed. I just tried "installpkg fuse3-3.7.0-x86_64-1.txz"  now and it installs, but the pip3 command for pyfuse3 stil gives the same error. Oh well, I miight just give up on this one :)

I'm running 6.8 rc4.  Latest version of Nerdpack.

It shows utempter-1.1.6-x86_64-2.txz has an update ready.  When I update it I get

utempter-1.1.6 package missing!

Not sure what it's used for and everything seems to work fine but the OCD in my is getting worked up over the failure to update.  Any suggestions?

I'm running 6.8 rc4.  Latest version of Nerdpack.

It shows utempter-1.1.6-x86_64-2.txz has an update ready.  When I update it I get

utempter-1.1.6 package missing!

Not sure what it's used for and everything seems to work fine but the OCD in my is getting worked up over the failure to update.  Any suggestions?
I think another plugin uses an older build (the last number e.g. 2) and Nerdpack wasn't programmed to pick that up.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm running Unraid 6.7.2 and newest NerdPack.  I have a python script that I'm trying to run on Unraid that requires a few custom modules.  I've installed them via pip, however, it seems that they get removed after a reboot.  Does this sound right? 

Apologize if this is basic knowledge, but I couldn't find anything in forum archives and I figured since pip is included in NerdPack, that module installs would be carried across reboot.

Yes. unRAID runs from RAM and is recreated upon each and every reboot.

To make things persistent you would need to use CA User Scripts plugin and have the steps you need to do in your own custom script or put those commands in the "go" file. Using CA User Scripts is the better approach.

Do you need these modules loaded before the array is started?    If so then the commands to re-install the modules need to go into the config/go file.   If they are only needed after array start then a script run by the CA User Scripts plugin is the better approach (with the script scheduled to run at first array start).

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

Do you need these modules loaded before the array is started?    If so then the commands to re-install the modules need to go into the config/go file.   If they are only needed after array start then a script run by the CA User Scripts plugin is the better approach (with the script scheduled to run at first array start).

After the array has started is fine.  I had planned to run my script using User Scripts, but I need the supported python modules loaded.

So I need to essentially "re-install" the Python modules at every boot by running 'pip install xxxx' in User Scripts at boot time?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by noties
misspelling
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya, i'm looking at backup options and found BorgBackup is in the Nerd Pack, so this is probably my go-to. But in researching, BorgMatic appears to be a very popular "addition" to BorgBackup. It does seem to be a little easier to setup (and copy for modification and re-use on multiple machines). Another popular addition to Borg is "Emborg".

https://torsion.org/borgmatic/

https://emborg.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

With BorgBackup already included, what do you think the chances are you might include BorgMatic / Emborg? :) :)

Thanks.

Edited by Derek_
typo, added emborg
  • Like 1

Could you update bind to at least 9.13.3. Current version has a problem when parsing /etc/resolv.conf with ipv6 activated.

# dig www.google.com 192.168.1.2
dig: parse of /etc/resolv.conf failed

dhcpd adds a line like this with the interface name and bind tools like dig can not parse this.

nameserver fe80::267f:20ff:fe11:c1a0%br0

This was fixed in later release

Thanks

Could you update bind to at least 9.13.3. Current version has a problem when parsing /etc/resolv.conf with ipv6 activated.
# dig www.google.com 192.168.1.2
dig: parse of /etc/resolv.conf failed

dhcpd adds a line like this with the interface name and bind tools like dig can not parse this.
nameserver fe80::267f:20ff:fe11:c1a0%br0

This was fixed in later release

Thanks
Ok done
  • Like 1

I have just updated to unraid 6.8.0 and try again to use svn that comes inside the nerd tools. But as last year I can't. I'm getting error of missing libraries. First time the error was: libserf-1.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found in nerdpack a serf package and install it. Error change to: libutf8proc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

got it in nerdpack too: utf8proc-2.4.0-x86_64-1.txz

repeat this again with apr-util-1.6.1-x86_64-7.txz

and now I am falling on: libmariadb.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but this time I can't find it in nerdpack.

First question: Is there a way to see dependencies of some package inside nerdpack?

According to https://pkgs.org/download/subversion

and to content of /etc/slackware-version (14.2+) I suppose correct svn version should be 1.9.4 or 1.9.7

Version listed in nerdpack is 1.11.

Second question: Am I wrong or version included in nerdpack is wrong.

Any help will be really appreciated.

With the 6.8 update I have noticed host and dig fail:

$ host unraid.net

host: error while loading shared libraries: liblmdb.so.0.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am pretty sure a library needs to be included from NerdPack. Not sure which one, though.

Added lmdb package

I have just updated to unraid 6.8.0 and try again to use svn that comes inside the nerd tools. But as last year I can't. I'm getting error of missing libraries. First time the error was: libserf-1.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found in nerdpack a serf package and install it. Error change to: libutf8proc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

got it in nerdpack too: utf8proc-2.4.0-x86_64-1.txz

repeat this again with apr-util-1.6.1-x86_64-7.txz

and now I am falling on: libmariadb.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but this time I can't find it in nerdpack.

First question: Is there a way to see dependencies of some package inside nerdpack?

According to https://pkgs.org/download/subversion

and to content of /etc/slackware-version (14.2+) I suppose correct svn version should be 1.9.4 or 1.9.7

Version listed in nerdpack is 1.11.

Second question: Am I wrong or version included in nerdpack is wrong.

Any help will be really appreciated.

There's not a wrong or right version. Unraid isn't strictly 14.2. It's a mix with slackware current. I try to use current unless it doesn't work. Also sometimes I compile myself

Also if it now needs Maria db, then it's getting outside the scope of this plugin

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your answer. I just found that libmariadb.so.3 is part of mariadb 10.2.8, on slackware I found mariadb-10.4.11-x86_64-1.txz (slackware current) so I install it and svn is not giving any more errors. I will start playing with it to check if everything is fine now.

Can you put mariadb into nerdtools?

BorgBackup requires python-setuptools (which is included in the NerdPack, but not installed automatically with Borg). Is it possible to have this installed when we install Borg? Borg already installs "python3-3.7.3-x86_64-2.txz" as a dependency.

Saves us having to DuckGo the error to find out what needs to install.

• Squid unpinned this topic