unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Not saying this is best or right, but it works for me as a network check. However, this is NOT in my go file.
#!/bin/bashprintf "%s" "waiting for IP ..."while ! ping -c 1 -n -w 1 192.168.X.X &> /dev/nulldo   printf "%c" "."doneprintf "\n%s\n"  "IP is online"

Obviously change the IP to what you need to monitor, and add any actions you wish to happen at the end. This script just prints ...... until the ping returns successfully, so if the ip is never reachable, this will stall. There is no automatic escape. Think carefully about what could happen if your remote server is offline, you may want to change the logic. Perhaps a for next instead of while do.

Wondering if a better approach is just to try the sshfs mount and if it fails, handle the failure gracefully.
3 minutes ago, dmacias said:
15 minutes ago, Fizzyade said:
tmux, utempter, vnstat.

It's probably a plugin that installs a different version. I think preclear uses utempter.

Humn, I did have preclear disk installed but I don't use it, so I just removed it.  It's now not listing it in the nerdpack package list, but it's still showing as update available and checking for updates does nothing.

Humn, I did have preclear disk installed but I don't use it, so I just removed it.  It's now not listing it in the nerdpack package list, but it's still showing as update available and checking for updates does nothing.

This plugin wasn't set up to differentiate between different build numbers for the same package version. That's the last number at the end of the package name. E.g. The 2 in utempter-1.1.6-x86_64-2.txz. Preclear uses an older build. 

Run this if on 6.7 otherwise change to your unraid version

upgradepkg /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.7/utempter-1.1.6-x86_64-2.txz

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dmacias said:

This plugin wasn't set up to differentiate between different build numbers for the same package version. That's the last number at the end of the package name. E.g. The 2 in utempter-1.1.6-x86_64-2.txz. Preclear uses an older build.

Run this if on 6.7

upgradepkg /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.7/utempter-1.1.6-x86_64-2.txz

Cheers, that fixed it.  I installed the other two which said update available and that cleared the status on those!

Awesome work!

Couldn't figure out how to search this thread to find my own answer.

I'm surprised that rclone isn't included in Nerd Pack given it's popularity.  I have it working in a script called from my /boot/config/go file, but would prefer to not hack my own solution if it could be included as part of Nerd Pack for easier install and updating.

Has rclone inclusion been considered or been planned? If not, why?

PS - If anyone has a tip on how to search a specific thread, let me know :)

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

Just include site:<addressofthread> in your google search.

That doesn't work well. For example, if you try this search for LFTP, you get 3 results which isn't accurate given 43 pages of this thread and I know it's come up more than 3 times.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lftp+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fforums.unraid.net%2Ftopic%2F35866-unraid-6-nerdpack-cli-tools-iftop-iotop-screen-kbd-etc

In addition to rclone, what about including ffmpeg? It’s so commonly used in media server setups.

Reclone was never added since there's a plugin and docker. Ffmpeg requires dozens of other packages which is outside the scope of this plugin. This plugin is for adding mostly stand alone packages.
  • Upvote 1
Reclone was never added since there's a plugin and docker. Ffmpeg requires dozens of other packages which is outside the scope of this plugin. This plugin is for adding mostly stand alone packages.

I have this scripted in go file to download a single tarball for static build and expanding it which is just a set of binaries:

Main site

Https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

Example to get the latest build in a static url:

https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/builds/ffmpeg-git-amd64-static.tar.xz

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 7:22 PM, tmchow said:

I have this scripted in go file to download a single tarball for static build and expanding it which is just a set of binaries:

Main site

Https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

Example to get the latest build in a static url:

https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/builds/ffmpeg-git-amd64-static.tar.xz

@dmacias any thoughts on the above given ffmpeg can be installed with a static build? This removes any issue with all the dependencies and extra libraries. Just need to download, extract and either copy to /usr/bin for example.

• Squid unpinned this topic