[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

Been following this thread as a learning tool to get more familiar with Docker. I have a couple of questions, binhex:

1. First and foremost, did I miss a donation link somewhere? I know this is all in the spirit of community/fun but I'd be happy to buy you a beer/coffee/something over the internet for all your hard work. Or a book or SOMETHING!

2. Are you using container links in your deluge/VPN image? Or are you exposing ports on the virtual network interfaces? I know you're doing some IP tables mapping, and honestly I've got a very limited understanding of how all this should work, but I've been reading The Docker Book (http://www.dockerbook.com/) and the chapter I'm currently on is about inter-container communication. I've been trying to find the time to pull down your image and just poke around at it to answer some of these questions myself, but I'm still pretty bone-headed with this stuff. Just curious what methods you found - I know you're looking to expose the deluge daemon to other services (which is EXACTLY what folks like me need).

Anyway, great stuff and THANK YOU.

;D thanks kingmetal, appreciate your support, currently i haven't created a donation link, maybe something for me to think about when i get time hehe, my dockers will of course ALWAYS remain free.

ok onto your question "Are you using container links in your deluge/VPN image? Or are you exposing ports on the virtual network interfaces?"

so at the moment deluge, openvpn, and privoxy are all installed inside a single docker image, so when you create the container these applications are started using an application called "supervisor"to manage the child processes, so the use of iptables is simply a way of preventing deluge talking directly over your internet connection when the vpn tunnel is down, i also use ip route to allow the vpn tunnel to re-establish on drop.

thats it really, i may look into the use of --net or --link, the only issue with this method is that the unraid webui doesnt support these flags, so it would have to be manually created via the command link for now, and i dont know what happens if the docker container your linking with is down?

im not currently using the "--net=container:NAME_or_ID" flag or the "--link container:NAME_or_ID" to allow communication

You can put --link in extra parameter section of the template, but it seems to disable the auto-update of the container you're linking to (I think because it appends the name of the container to it's name)

ahh right, thanks SB :-)

Any word on opening up the daemon port (58846)?  I need this before I can convert over from my Xen host with Transmission.  It's the glue between flexget and deluge.

i will be trying to get time to work on this this week, keep an eye on the changelog (post #2 of this thread)

It also disables the right click option menu for every docker on the dockerman page., not good.

you mean left click :-), yeah thats not good at all

i'm on a mac, all clicks are equal, lol. (not really, but it sounds good)

LOL

I have airvpn service. I tried out the delugevpn Docker but was not certain which ovpn to generate on the airvpn site. There is the choice of tcp or udp. I created both but only dropped the tcp one into the openvpn config directory. delugevpn seemed to spin up fine and I was able to download a few torrents. Then I configured my sonarr to use it. Most of the torrent trackers for content found by sonarr were udp:// and delugevpn did not download them.

Should I have both the TCP-443.ovpn and UDP-443.ovpn files in the delugevpn openvpn directory?

thanks,

I have airvpn service. I tried out the delugevpn Docker but was not certain which ovpn to generate on the airvpn site. There is the choice of tcp or udp. I created both but only dropped the tcp one into the openvpn config directory. delugevpn seemed to spin up fine and I was able to download a few torrents. Then I configured my sonarr to use it. Most of the torrent trackers for content found by sonarr were udp:// and delugevpn did not download them.

Should I have both the TCP-443.ovpn and UDP-443.ovpn files in the delugevpn openvpn directory?

thanks,

you can use whichever airvpn ovpn file you wish, the choice of tcp or udp is up to you, this is simply the protocol used to connect to the endpoint, this does NOT affect deluge's ability to connect to trackers using udp or tcp. however it is possible that particular airvpn end points support udp and some don't so might be worth trying different end points, from a pure performance point of view i would always connect using udp, you will get faster downloads.

any update of the teamspeak database issue?

ok ive now updated the dockerfile to do a symlink to the db in the teamspeak container to the db on host volume map for /config.

so there is a one off operation your now going to have to do if you want to maintain your current db, if you dont care about it then simply update, otherwise do the following:-

1. start the docker container binhex-teamspeak

2. start putty and connect to unraid via ssh

3. type docker exec -it binhex-teamspeak /bin/bash

4. type cp /usr/share/teamspeak3-server/sql/ts3server.sqlitedb /config

5. type exit

6. update the docker container for the new build

that should be it, it should now pick up your db and carry on as before, the only thing i dont know is whether it will create a new auto generated admin password, so check the supervisord.log file just incase it does.

ok ive now updated the dockerfile to do a symlink to the db in the teamspeak container to the db on host volume map for /config.

so there is a one off operation your now going to have to do if you want to maintain your current db, if you dont care about it then simply update, otherwise do the following:-

5. type exit

that should be it, it should now pick up your db and carry on as before, the only thing i dont know is whether it will create a new auto generated admin password, so check the supervisord.log file just incase it does.

Works perfect binhex ,

also showed me how to exec into a docker so double thanks !

I hadn't really set up the ts3 server on unraid 6 yet,just verified that I could connect.    All I had to do was transfer my existing    ts3server.sqlitedb    from unraid 5  to my teamspeak config folder on unraid 6 , I didn't have admin rights at first so tried to copy token from log but said it had been used so I just rebooted server and everythings perfect , admin with all my settings intact as far as I can see so far. 

thanks for all your work on the containers, currently using TS3,PLEX and delugevpn all great :)

5. type exit

Works perfect binhex ,

also showed me how to exec into a docker so double thanks !

I hadn't really set up the ts3 server on unraid 6 yet,just verified that I could connect.    All I had to do was transfer my existing    ts3server.sqlitedb    from unraid 5  to my teamspeak config folder on unraid 6 , I didn't have admin rights at first so tried to copy token from log but said it had been used so I just rebooted server and everythings perfect , admin with all my settings intact as far as I can see so far. 

thanks for all your work on the containers, currently using TS3,PLEX and delugevpn all great :)

thanks for posting back breakline, appreciate you taking the time to confirm its working :-)

I'm kind of unsure on this one, but an annoyance I find is that your downloaded files frequently get appended with only read access for everyone but what the docker is running as. Is there anyway around this?

i think this is due to the umask issue discussed earlier in this thread, im assuming your seeing the read only issue when using a mac, right?.

i have done a quick investigation into this, and whilst you cannot set the umask for deluged, it is possible to set the umask for supervisor child processes, which in essence SHOULD do the same thing, yay :-). so ive tweaked the base image to include this new global setting, please can you do an update on delugevpn and tell me if it fixes the issue, you most probably will need manually set the permissions once more, after that the umask should be set correctly for any future downloads.

The Sonarr docker does not seem to auto refresh the screen when using the API (completed download handling). If I manually refresh the page it will refresh and show the status. Also if you click rescan series, it wont show the shows as refreshed/ you added them until you refresh the whole page.

The Sonarr docker does not seem to auto refresh the screen when using the API (completed download handling). If I manually refresh the page it will refresh and show the status. Also if you click rescan series, it wont show the shows as refreshed/ you added them until you refresh the whole page.

hi hackztor, this sounds like more of a question for the Sonarr forums as im no expert on the use of Sonarr. i wouldnt of thought the issue you are seeing is directly related to the fact its running as a Docker app, its more likely a bug in Sonarr, please post the question here https://forums.sonarr.tv/ if you do get a resolution to this then please post the fix here.

Also does your docker for plex support plex pass?

im not a plex pass member, but looking at arch AUR they have a separate package for this so i would assume that the image i have created doesn't havent support for plex pass.

It works fine with needo docker so I will just use that one. Very weird. I guess I will just stick with Needo one for plex pass to. Thanks.

hi hackztor, this sounds like more of a question for the Sonarr forums as im no expert on the use of Sonarr. i wouldnt of thought the issue you are seeing is directly related to the fact its running as a Docker app, its more likely a bug in Sonarr, please post the question here https://forums.sonarr.tv/ if you do get a resolution to this then please post the fix here.

I'm kind of unsure on this one, but an annoyance I find is that your downloaded files frequently get appended with only read access for everyone but what the docker is running as. Is there anyway around this?

i think this is due to the umask issue discussed earlier in this thread, im assuming your seeing the read only issue when using a mac, right?.

i have done a quick investigation into this, and whilst you cannot set the umask for deluged, it is possible to set the umask for supervisor child processes, which in essence SHOULD do the same thing, yay :-). so ive tweaked the base image to include this new global setting, please can you do an update on delugevpn and tell me if it fixes the issue, you most probably will need manually set the permissions once more, after that the umask should be set correctly for any future downloads.

Windows user :P. Still on your normal deluge docker (have grand plans on presenting openvpn as a network option and routing the docker traffic thru there, so yet to try it sadly). When I flick over to your vpn version I'll give it a shot :)

I'm a plex pass owner and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only difference in the server software the fact that plex pass users get the updated software earlier? Like a beta?  So in theory you can run non-plex pass server software it just isn't quite as cutting edge.  Happy to be corrected if anyone knows any different.

Has anyone manged to get "MyScheduler" pluggin working for Deluge?

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33053

For some reason i can not get that listed in Docker when i install it.

I can see it get copied over to the plugin DIR, but it just wont show up for me.

Test by adding Netwatcher2 and that went in with no problems

Anyone have any ideas for me, that would be very helpful.  Thank you.

I'm a plex pass owner and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only difference in the server software the fact that plex pass users get the updated software earlier? Like a beta?  So in theory you can run non-plex pass server software it just isn't quite as cutting edge.  Happy to be corrected if anyone knows any different.

thats my understanding too, basically we are behind any new features they put in plex, that goes to the plex pass users first, then it gets included in the "free" version later on, arch aur has a separate tarball for this, so it would require me creating a new docker image to support plex pass.

I can see it get copied over to the plugin DIR, but it just wont show up for me.

i use the standard "scheduler" that is now included in deluge, this works a treat for me and throttles dl/ul speeds at specific times, all you need to do to install it is tick the option "scheduler" in plugins and when prompted for the "plugin egg" just dont browse and instead click on the "install" button to install it and voila you should then see a new section in the config

i use the standard "scheduler" that is now included in deluge, this works a treat for me and throttles dl/ul speeds at specific times, all you need to do to install it is tick the option "scheduler" in plugins and when prompted for the "plugin egg" just dont browse and instead click on the "install" button to install it and voila you should then see a new section in the config

Yes I know that one is included.

But for me, its missing one killer feature, having a select torrent ignore the scheduler.

That's the only difference between the two and something I don't know why all scheduler have.  It comes in very handy.