[support] hurricane's Docker Repository

Mind rebuilding the Subsonic beta image now that 6.0beta2 is out? Thanks!

Done! Please visit the docker page for more info on autoupdates as well. This image will auto build from now on new release. You will no longer need to send me a request. Please feel free to do so if there are any issues, or if an image is not built within 8 hours of release.

• 1 month later...

Anyway of adding an environment variable for context path in the Subsonic docker? That way it could be ran at IP:PORT/subsonic or whatever you would like.

Thanks

Didn't know the context path was adjustable. Is it? If it is can you point me to the right documentation and I will try and address the issue on the beta version.

Anyway of adding an environment variable for context path in the Subsonic docker? That way it could be ran at IP:PORT/subsonic or whatever you would like.

Thanks

Didn't know the context path was adjustable. Is it? If it is can you point me to the right documentation and I will try and address the issue on the beta version.

Let me dig around a little, I'm not a Linux or Docker expert by any means. I know that binhex has it in his Madsonic Docker, I actually prefer Subsonic though. I'm currently using the PhAzE Subsonic plugin, it is the last app I need to move to a Docker. With the plugin I just modified the line "SUBSONIC_CONTEXT_PATH=/" in the subsonic.sh file to "SUBSONIC_CONTEXT_PATH=/subsonic"

Thanks

Done! Please visit the docker page for more info on autoupdates as well. This image will auto build from now on new release. You will no longer need to send me a request. Please feel free to do so if there are any issues, or if an image is not built within 8 hours of release.

I'm confused as to how exactly I can set up autoupdates.  I checked the docker page: https://hub.docker.com/r/hurricane/docker-subsonic/ but I couldn't find any information on it.  I am a linux noob so I would appreciate any help.  Usually I just have the update button on my Docker page in unRAID but it says Subsonic is "Up-To-Date" even though it is running 5.3 and when I click the docker it says there is a new version available and gives me the link to subsonic's home page to download it.

Edit: I looked around and stumbled on this page: https://hub.docker.com/r/hurricane/subsonic/#unraid

I found the section on automatic updates and put it in the "go" file.  I opened putty and logged into root then pasted the same code as well:

echo "0 2 * * * docker exec Subsonic update" | sudo tee -a /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

but I'm not sure if that is the right place to put it.

I'm confused as to how exactly I can set up autoupdates.  I checked the docker page: https://hub.docker.com/r/hurricane/docker-subsonic/ but I couldn't find any information on it.  I am a linux noob so I would appreciate any help.  Usually I just have the update button on my Docker page in unRAID but it says Subsonic is "Up-To-Date" even though it is running 5.3 and when I click the docker it says there is a new version available and gives me the link to subsonic's home page to download it.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg387553#msg387553 (although it doesn't address your issue per se, it does explain why there is no update available from the docker page)

Thanks

Let me dig around a little, I'm not a Linux or Docker expert by any means. I know that binhex has it in his Madsonic Docker, I actually prefer Subsonic though. I'm currently using the PhAzE Subsonic plugin, it is the last app I need to move to a Docker. With the plugin I just modified the line "SUBSONIC_CONTEXT_PATH=/" in the subsonic.sh file to "SUBSONIC_CONTEXT_PATH=/subsonic"

Thanks

I will get this added soon

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I hadn't noticed there was a separate Subsonicbeta docker! thanks for the help guys.  Everything seems a-ok now.

Side question:  The new subsonic just went from open source to closed source and lots of users had a negative reaction over at the subsonic forum with many saying they were cancelling their subscriptions.  What are the drawbacks and how bad is it really that it has gone closed source?  Has it changed anyone's mind here on whether they will use it as their music streaming service?  Sorry if off-topic. let me know and I can remove this

I hadn't noticed there was a separate Subsonicbeta docker! thanks for the help guys.  Everything seems a-ok now.

Side question:  The new subsonic just went from open source to closed source and lots of users had a negative reaction over at the subsonic forum with many saying they were cancelling their subscriptions.  What are the drawbacks and how bad is it really that it has gone closed source?  Has it changed anyone's mind here on whether they will use it as their music streaming service?  Sorry if off-topic. let me know and I can remove this

Personally I don't like and when I donated money to the project it was for the.purpose of it remaining open-source.  I will be looking for alternatives in the near future.  I'm not against using or paying for closed source software but I try and avoid it as much as possible. There are other great alternatives out there.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I think something broke with the Ubooquity docker.

I did a manual replacement of the .JAR file to manually upgrade to the newest version 1.10.1

Upgraded Java to version 8 via the dropping the install into the "extra" folder.

Now it won't load at all "site can't be reached, refused to connect" error.

This happens before and after the update to Java version 8.

The Ubooquity logs are showing this error repeatedly:

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/ubooquity/Launcher : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0"

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:800)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:482)

I did a manual replacement of the .JAR file to manually upgrade to the newest version 1.10.1

Upgraded Java to version 8 via the dropping the install into the "extra" folder.

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/ubooquity/Launcher : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0"

I think you broke something with the docker. ;)

Java is installed inside the docker. Getting unRAID to install java by putting it in the extra folder will not help anything. If the latest version of the .jar is not compatible with the java installed in the docker then it is not going to work.

Java is installed inside the docker. Getting unRAID to install java by putting it in the extra folder will not help anything. If the latest version of the .jar is not compatible with the java installed in the docker then it is not going to work.

Ahhh, that explains it since the Dockers are self-contained. Yeah, version 1.10.1 now requires Java 8 to run.

I"m sorry to hear things are chaotic for HurricaneHrndz. Positive energies your way.

Well I am having the same problem with subsonic. If I use the automatic router setup feature and it  sets a upnp rule for 127.0.0.1 (local host) to open port 4040, which should point to my machine? Which is 192.168.1.45 If I manually set my unraid server of 192.168.1.45 to open ports 4040 and 4050 on TCP I still can not get the yournamehere.subsonic.org funciton to work. I have used putty to telenet into  the unraid server using the find / -name "subsonic.sh" file and changed the ip from 0.0.0.0 to my ip of 192.168.1.45 and this still did not resolve the issue. At this point I am at a loss as what I need to modify to get this docker to work. I have paid the 100 dollars to subsonic for a lifetime membership and have put my relevant information into the app and it has registered as premium. The ONLY reason why I paid 100 dollars is because I have a sonos system and want to play white noise sound clips so my 4 month old daughter will sleep through the night and give me and my wife at least 4 hours of sleep. I am not a linux, or unraid guru, just a tired dad trying to setup a music streaming server to put my daughter to sleep. Any help or links to things to read or what to google next would be appreciated.

Thanks,

tired dad

Thank you for your reply Hurricane. I currently have the docker app set to host. I have tried bridged as well. Thank you for your quick reply, I really do appreciate it. I could paste or email my log files if that would help. I noticed in subsonic_sh.log, the last line is

5152 [main] INFO org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter - Binding service 'SubsonicDeployerService' to RMI registry: RegistryImpl[unicastServerRef [liveRef: [endpoint:[127.0.0.1:9412](local),objID:[0:0:0, 0]]]]

this to me is jibberish, but it most likely makes sense to you. Thank you again for your work. If you are ever in california LA area I will buy you a beer.

Ubooquity is getting a major update.. new container new base os, new update mechanism and much more. Unfortunately, although my work is done other than auto updates. I can not release to you due to bugs on Docker's end.

You can see the work for the new container here: https://github.com/hurricanehrndz/docker-containers/tree/master/ubooquity

And the docker issue that is holding up release is here:

https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/pull/1537#issuecomment-196652045

Ahhh, that explains it since the Dockers are self-contained. Yeah, version 1.10.1 now requires Java 8 to run.

I"m sorry to hear things are chaotic for HurricaneHrndz. Positive energies your way.

Template has been updated. Please update the template. New container. Will auto update features enabled. Container will be set to autobuild on new releases as well. No longer will the user need to update the jar file by hand. Hope everyone likes it.