[Plug-In] Community Applications

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Its because I keep track of the PID and check the file with that to see if the script is still running.  You'd have to remove the appropriate file from /tmp/user.scripts/something

I pretty sure I killed it.  I use "pgrep -f name | xargs kill" to kill it. I also use "ps aux | grep name" to ensure it is killed. I tried to refresh the page but it does not remove it either.

I'm back.  The app feed was failing, so I tried deleting and reinstalling - but it won't install.  I'm not sure if there's anything useful in here:

Jan 25 14:32:16 Highlander root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2018.01.20b.txz - downloading from URL https://raw.github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/archive/community.applications-2018.01.20b.txz
Jan 25 14:33:01 Highlander crond[3039]: exit status 127 from user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.stats/scripts/sa1 1 1 &>/dev/null
Jan 25 14:33:03 Highlander ool www[8791]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/advanced.buttons/script/plugin 'install' 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg' &>/dev/null &

Edit:  Reboot did the trick.  No idea what's going on with my connection - think my ISP is playing up

Edited by DZMM
problem solved

CA Resource Monitor

Fix Common Problems is hollering:

ca.resource.monitor.plg Not Compatible with unRaid version 6.4.0

Minimum OS Version: 6.3.0 Maximum OS Version: 6.3.5

Is it safe to tell it to ignore the problem?

Thanks

Myk

Edited by MyKroFt
15 minutes ago, MyKroFt said:

CA Resource Monitor

Fix Common Problems is hollering:

ca.resource.monitor.plg Not Compatible with unRaid version 6.4.0

Minimum OS Version: 6.3.0 Maximum OS Version: 6.3.5

Is it safe to tell it to ignore the problem?

Thanks

Myk

Seeing as how I made FCP, and CA Resource Monitor, my settings of it being incompatible with 6.4.0 is odds on correct.

Does it work on 6.4.0? No  The recommendation to uninstall it stands.

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had this thought before but it was never a big deal. But with things like Advanced Buttons and Pre-clear now not working with 6.4 and needing to be uninstalled until they are updated.  It would be nice to have a way to disable them but have them update when they get marked as being compatible again. Rather then having to remember to go and keep checking if its been updated and now compatible so it can be re-installed.

I've had this thought before but it was never a big deal. But with things like Advanced Buttons and Pre-clear now not working with 6.4 and needing to be uninstalled until they are updated.  It would be nice to have a way to disable them but have them update when they get marked as being compatible again. Rather then having to remember to go and keep checking if its been updated and now compatible so it can be re-installed.

Not possible with the plugin manager. Preclear since it errors on installation won't attempt a reinstall again during the next boot.

Advanced buttons will install ok but if you ever update a container with it you will lose the app and have to reinstall.
1 hour ago, bnevets27 said:

Rather then having to remember to go and keep checking if its been updated and now compatible so it can be re-installed

Another way to check if they're fixed or not (beyond reading the threads) is to simply see if they show up in the Apps Tab under available apps.  Since they're both marked as being incompatible, you will not see them in there until I see and test that they are fixed.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Not possible with the plugin manager. Preclear since it errors on installation won't attempt a reinstall again during the next boot.

Advanced buttons will install ok but if you ever update a container with it you will lose the app and have to reinstall.

That's why I prefer to not uninstall plugins that break, that why when I finally see they have an update or that they have been updated it usually means they have been fixed which I then usually confirm by reading the change log.

But since Advanced button causes such a problem I didn't want to risk accidentally using it. Preclear I wasn't sure what issues it may have caused but uninstalled it to be safe. 

Others if they just break functionality of the plugin itself and its likely they will get fixed I see no reason to uninstall them. 

Would it be possible to just have a "simple" notification sent if the plugin gets updated or becomes compatible, checkbox type idea?

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you can't remember it do you really miss it?

Didn't really expect that from a feature request. In this example, next time I want to preclear a disk I'll look to see if its compatible again. But with advanced buttons anytime I see updates (as I have auto turned off for a few reasons) I will miss it. Which means of course I could check everyday I do updates but again this was a simple feature request. Not saying it necessary by any means but the idea is to improve user experience, or so I thought. 

1 hour ago, bnevets27 said:

Preclear I wasn't sure what issues it may have caused but uninstalled it to be safe. 

The issue with preclear is that it doesn't install under 6.4.1 at all (which means that there was no way you could uninstall it by the way) and as a result leaves behind code that may or may not work.   It's only marked incompatible with 6.4.1+.  It's mainly because of the excess code that may or may not cause issues due to the family install that I've marked it as such because for whatever reason preclear inserts itself into every page present on unRaid, including CA. (Technically, even with a working preclear plugin installed it actually does interfere with the displays of CA and things don't look exactly how I designed them to be.)

Most times I give the authors time before marking things incompatible to fix things up.   However advanced buttons when it runs orphans every container.  That needed to be marked ASAP so that FCP could at least warn users.  Preclear you actually don't have the option to keep installed because unRaid itself will force you to reinstall it anyways(since it's a failed install at boot) so basically the incompatible flag is moot anyways.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Squid said:

The issue with preclear is that it doesn't install under 6.4.1 at all (which means that there was no way you could uninstall it by the way) and as a result leaves behind code that may or may not work.   It's only marked incompatible with 6.4.1+.  It's mainly because of the excess code that may or may not cause issues due to the family install that I've marked it as such because for whatever reason preclear inserts itself into every page present on unRaid, including CA. (Technically, even with a working preclear plugin installed it actually does interfere with the displays of CA and things don't look exactly how I designed them to be.)

Most times I give the authors time before marking things incompatible to fix things up.   However advanced buttons when it runs orphans every container.  That needed to be marked ASAP so that FCP could at least warn users.  Preclear you actually don't have the option to keep installed because unRaid itself will force you to reinstall it anyways(since it's a failed install at boot) so basically the incompatible flag is moot anyways.

Thanks squid for the explanation. The feature request was just something that I've come across before. Plugins for whatever reason do not play nice and get marked as incompatible or need to be uninstalled. It doesn't happen a lot and I know you allow time for developers to get it fixed before having to make that change in CA. Its not a big deal just a small suggestion. if it is a bunch of work or you see no value in it, that's fine, this is your baby after all. No reason I can't keep checking if compatibility is restored. It really is a "I'm too lazy to check or remember, so could you tell me or do it for me"  type of request. Though I'm sure I have probably uninstalled at least a couple and completely forgot about them. I don't reside to the fact that just because I forgot about them I wouldn't use them though. I don't know about anyone else but I have a decently long list of plugins and dockers I use and that list generally isn't getting smaller.

Edited by bnevets27
1 hour ago, dlandon said:

I have my Zoneminder Docker installed and after I made a change to the template I'm trying to update the template with the default values, but CA is presenting the already installed template.

Probably the appfeed hasn't updated itself yet.   Takes up to 2 hours after the change is on GitHub for the feed to be updated unless you use a webhook

8 hours ago, Squid said:

Misread your post.   Is the template when doing a reinstall using default already filled out? Or is it default values based upon the old template?

Of three servers, only one had the problem.  I rebooted and all is well.  Possibly some residue from the support and project page fix script I ran on this particular server?

Of three servers, only one had the problem.  I rebooted and all is well.  Possibly some residue from the support and project page fix script I ran on this particular server?
I'm actually thinking that it's the time you did it. Feed starts updating on the hour but I find occassionally that the providers caching occassionally returns the old feed for about 10-15 minutes even when the short file I get to see if the full file is changed has already been updated

Hey guys,

I am unable to search in Community Applications anymore. Not sure when it started exactly as it has been a while since I have tried. Random apps of the day don't load initially either. If I attempt a search then cancel the search, it will then load the random apps of the day.

Anyone else seeing issues with it today?

I am on unRAID 6.3.2 running Community Applications plugin 2018.01.28a.

Thanks!

-harshl

Edited by harshl

Where does CA store information about previous dockers?  I have a couple dockers that I installed multiple copies of for testing, which I subsequently removed.  Now they show up on my previous apps list, but if I delete them the templates that I"m using for my currently used dockers get deleted.  If I restore the templates, they re-appear on the list of previous apps.

I know this isn't super important, but I'm afraid I'll forget and delete them.

Hello folks!

Forgive me if this is the wrong area to ask about this, but I am attempting to acquire the 'Preclear Disk' plugin (per SpaceInvader's recommendation) via Community Applications, but it does not come up in a search.

How can I troubleshoot that?

Is it possible that it is not suitable for UnRAID 6.4.1?

That's the only thing I can think of that would prevent it from showing up, assuming it hasn't been depreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by Ruthalas
Removed extraneous word