[Plug-In] Community Applications

On 2/5/2018 at 10:27 PM, Squid said:

Its actually unRaid that handles all the previous installed apps  /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user on the flash drive   What I do is compare to see what's currently installed.

That's odd, as they are currently installed,  but listed in the previous apps list. 

22 minutes ago, Ruthalas said:

Hello folks!

Forgive me if this is the wrong area to ask about this, but I am attempting to acquire the 'Preclear Disk' plugin (per SpaceInvader's recommendation) via Community Applications, but it does not come up in a search.

How can I troubleshoot that?

Is it possible that it is not suitable for UnRAID 6.4.1?

That's the only thing I can think of that would prevent it from showing up, assuming it hasn't been depreciated.

Thank you!

Not compatible with 6.4+. And not really needed.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Are you sure the template that's showing in Previous Apps isn't identical (name, tag, etc) to the one you've got installed?

Yes.  If I try to re-add the docker, it fails (as the ports are in use by the running dockers).  I tried to add the docker, changing the ports/name (named it Influxdb2) which worked, but then 2 instances of the docker showed up under previous apps,   One of the previous apps was named Influxdb and the other was Influxdb2

3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Not compatible with 6.4+. And not really needed.

Ah, thank you.

The video guide I watched indicated that if the drive was not pre-cleared, the array would have to remain down while unRAID precleared the drive.

Is that correct?

Edited by Ruthalas
27 minutes ago, Ruthalas said:

Is it possible that it is not suitable for UnRAID 6.4.1?

Yup.  As @wgstarks pointed out, preclear is currently not compatible with unRaid 6.4.1 and CA by default will only display apps that are compatible with your unRaid version.

• Like 1
Just now, Ruthalas said:

Ah, thank you.

The video guide I watched indicated that if the drive was not pre-cleared, the array would have to remain down while unRAID precleared the drive.

Is that correct?

At one time that was true but it changed in 6.2(?) maybe. Now clears are done while the array is online.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, tucansam said:

What?

At one time the preclear script was necessary to avoid extended periods where the array would be offline. That is no longer true. The script is now optional. You can use it or not depending on whether you feel that SMART testing is enough. There is a fair amount of discussion on that both ways, but in the end it’s a personal choice.

5 hours ago, sureguy said:

Yes.  If I try to re-add the docker, it fails (as the ports are in use by the running dockers).  I tried to add the docker, changing the ports/name (named it Influxdb2) which worked, but then 2 instances of the docker showed up under previous apps,   One of the previous apps was named Influxdb and the other was Influxdb2

PM me the applicable xml's

9 hours ago, wgstarks said:

At one time the preclear script was necessary to avoid extended periods where the array would be offline. That is no longer true. The script is now optional. You can use it or not depending on whether you feel that SMART testing is enough. There is a fair amount of discussion on that both ways, but in the end it’s a personal choice.

Hang on.

What happens when I plug a new disk into my server?  I have an older unraid system sitting in the garage collecting dust that I use to preclear disks.  

Does 6.4.x handle this differently now?

26 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Since v6.2 that new disks are cleared on the background, array is available during that time.

But the array is still down a disk, obviously.  So is the preclear + rebuild process just seamless now, but the array is at risk for the same period of time?  Or is preclear sped up now, and the rebuild process begins much faster?  

I am 100% not putting any disk in my array that isn't already precleared one or two times in another system.... Has this changed?

27 minutes ago, aptalca said:

What about stress testing a new disk? I like to run it through three rounds of preclear to rule out manufacturer defects. Is it possible through the unraid gui without the plugin or Joe L's script? 

Nothing is possible with the plugin in 6.4.1. It won’t install at all. You can still use the script if you want to run multiple preclears.

17 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Nothing is possible with the plugin in 6.4.1. It won’t install at all. You can still use the script if you want to run multiple preclears.

Unfortunately the Joe L script no longer works. Various errors including lacking strings support and others