Just upgraded to rc6, no more XEN?

m4f1050

In my case why fix something that wasn't broken?  I never had issues, I guess I will stick with beta14 until further notice...

EDIT:  Actually, I don't think I have AMD-v...  I have iommu...  and XEN was working, when I booted 6.0-rc6 under VM Management it said I didn't have compatible hardware.

A good idea would have been to keep XEN in the mix...for us that don't have the "hardware" required.

Can someone explain to me why my setup tells me it's not compatible with VM?

I have an Asrock 970 extreme4 with an FX-8350 8-core 4ghz.

EDIT:  I just tried a 2nd time and it now allowed me to enable VM.  Here we go again....!  Need to convert XEN to KVM I guess...

I watched the video, but my unRAID is beta14 and not beta15, when I try to switch to rc6 I never get the Custom template under VM Manager.  Looking for beta15 to see if it actually has that part on beta15 and maybe got screwy when upgrading to rc6...

EDIT:  Tried the "CHECK FOR UPDATES" method of upgrading to rc6, on boot it booted xen and then unRAID 6.0 rc6 and the message

Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM. Click here to see the unRAID Wiki for more information

Is this a bug if you're on beta14?  I'm back to the beginning.... ugh!

I still think XEN should be included on 6.0 rc releases, in case you want to boot into xen before using VM manager like you were able to on beta 15..

I watched the video, but my unRAID is beta14 and not beta15, when I try to switch to rc6 I never get the Custom template under VM Manager.  Looking for beta15 to see if it actually has that part on beta15 and maybe got screwy when upgrading to rc6...

EDIT:  Tried the "CHECK FOR UPDATES" method of upgrading to rc6, on boot it booted xen and then unRAID 6.0 rc6 and the message

Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM. Click here to see the unRAID Wiki for more information

Is this a bug if you're on beta14?  I'm back to the beginning.... ugh!

If you created paravirtualized machines in Xen (they would be Linux only), they cannot be converted to KVM and there is no support for paravirtualized VMs on KVM, our new hypervisor of choice. To get the equivalent of PV VMs, you should consider trying Docker Containers.

Click info in the top right of the webgui and if under HVM it says "Not Available", then you cannot create VMs.

I found out I have AMD-v (and IOMMU) not sure why I get that message.  I don't mind reinstalling the OS in KVM, but I can't get VM Manager to show me the Custom Template.

Under BIOS it shows as Secured Virtualization (ASRock's AMD-v)

EDIT:  The gplpv_uninstall_bat.zip will not download.

EDIT 2:  I switched menu default to non-Xen and now I have the VM Manager after the update and I found the gplpv_uninstall_bat.zip on google, but I still don't get VM Template in Custom.    GRRRR!!!!    I guess I'm stuck using XEN... not the 1st time I can't solve an issue... Bleh..

Can I get the latest copy of unRAID 6.0 beta that has XEN still in it?  I tried to download it from your download page and I get an authorization error.

Untitled.jpg.f70b03afebe3d51d359d86af19110dea.jpg

I found out I have AMD-v (and IOMMU) not sure why I get that message.  I don't mind reinstalling the OS in KVM, but I can't get VM Manager to show me the Custom Template.

EDIT 2:  I switched menu default to non-Xen and now I have the VM Manager after the update and I found the gplpv_uninstall_bat.zip on google, but I still don't get VM Template in Custom.    GRRRR!!!!    I guess I'm stuck using XEN... not the 1st time I can't solve an issue... Bleh..

Can I get the latest copy of unRAID 6.0 beta that has XEN still in it?  I tried to download it from your download page and I get an authorization error.

Try clearing your browser cache and/or using a different browser. See if the templates load. Do you have any plugins installed?

Try clearing your browser cache and/or using a different browser. See if the templates load. Do you have any plugins installed?

I cleared browser cache on FF/C/IE and Opera, and still no-go.  And yes, I do have plugins installed and a docker installed running AirVideo.

1.CouchPotato

2.SickBeard

3.Transmission

4.SabNZBd

5.Serviio

6.Headphones

7.Subsonic

8.Plex

9.Powerdown Package (2.13)

and the 2 built-in

1.Dynamix webGui

2.unRAID Server OS

Booting safe mode now...................  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............  No ssh, no web gui?  Just console?

EDIT: NVM it was still booting... zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

It now has Custom Template, so how can I find out which plugin is causing it?  Going and removing them one by one after a backup to see when it barfs?

Booting safe mode now...................  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............  No ssh, no web gui?  Just console?

It now has Custom Template, so how can I find out which plugin is causing it?  Going and removing them one by one after a backup to see when it barfs?

Pretty much. Not sure why you can't get in through ssh or the webgui even while in safe mode.

Since you're in SAFE mode a syslog won't tell us anything about your plugins. Maybe the powerdown (not up-to-date) plugin you had installed saved a copy of your previous syslog on the flash drive. If so then post it.

Looks like some of your plugins are installing an older version of curl than the one built-in to unRAID. Don't know if this might cause issues or not.

Are these PhAzE plugins? Are they the latest versions?

Yes and Not the latest versions.

Can someone ***PLEASE*** point me to the right links for the plugins that do not break unRAID VM Manager???  Or even dockers?  I have AirVideo already running on docker.  Looking for these 8:

1.CouchPotato

2.SickBeard

3.Transmission

4.SabNZBd

5.Serviio

6.Headphones

7.Subsonic

8.Plex

Worse case I am going to have to run it on a Windows 2008 R2 server...  :-/

Can someone ***PLEASE*** point me to the right links for the plugins that do not break unRAID VM Manager???  Or even dockers?  I have AirVideo already running on docker.  Looking for these 8:

1.CouchPotato

2.SickBeard

3.Transmission

4.SabNZBd

5.Serviio

6.Headphones

7.Subsonic

8.Plex

If the latest PhAzE versions don't work for you there probably aren't any for v6.

I think all of these are available as dockers, and they definitely will not break unRAID.

1.CouchPotato

2.SickBeard

3.Transmission

4.SabNZBd

5.Serviio

6.Headphones

7.Subsonic

8.Plex

If you install the Community Applications plugin then it is easy to get a list of applications available for unRAID as Dockers.  I believe that all the ones you mention are available in that form.

Well, thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for!  :-D

I know the feeling - finding a particular item in the Dockers sub-forum has begun to get a bit overwhelming.  Hopefully this (relatively new) plugin will help users getting started with Dockers.

Archived