Unraid V6.2 Beta 19 DVB Files

Hey CHBMB,

I've been following your instructions to create a build for my RTL2832U card and I got this question during the process:

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]

I just went with the default [n] - is that OK?

There was another related question straight after that, I think I may have gone with the default for that too...

Can you let me know if I need to go against the defaults?

too fast! I had updated the files to 6.1.5, but hadn't rebooted. This will save me a reboot.

You might want to wait a day or two as I suspect 6.1.7 won't be too far away..  ;)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a bit confusing isn't it but I answered no to both those questions when I was compiling...

From what I can tell it's trying to apply a kernel patch that's already been applied, so in my interpretation of the things I've read, no is the appropriate answer.

• 4 weeks later...

I've made some progress with compilation of the kernel for my RTL28xx-based card, but the boot phase is taking ages.

I'm getting big delays here:

(2 mins)

Jan 21 23:42:50 Tower kernel: random: nonblocking pool is initialized

Jan 21 23:44:50 Tower logger: /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1:  List of interfaces: 'br0'

and here (just under 2 mins):

Jan 21 23:45:47 Tower emhttp: shcmd (5): udevadm settle

Jan 21 23:47:00 Tower sshd[10435]: Accepted password for root from 192.168.1.23 port 52253 ssh2

And it was stuck on this when I gave up and rebooted (figured I was in for another 2 minute wait):

Jan 21 23:47:48 Tower emhttp: shcmd (10): udevadm settle

Any ideas?

I've made some progress with compilation of the kernel for my RTL28xx-based card, but the boot phase is taking ages.

(2 mins)

Jan 21 23:42:50 Tower kernel: random: nonblocking pool is initialized

Jan 21 23:44:50 Tower logger: /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1:  List of interfaces: 'br0'

and here (just under 2 mins):

Jan 21 23:45:47 Tower emhttp: shcmd (5): udevadm settle

Jan 21 23:47:00 Tower sshd[10435]: Accepted password for root from 192.168.1.23 port 52253 ssh2

And it was stuck on this when I gave up and rebooted (figured I was in for another 2 minute wait):

Jan 21 23:47:48 Tower emhttp: shcmd (10): udevadm settle

Any ideas?

Where are you getting the driver files from?  Send me a link and I'll look into it...

Where are you getting the driver files from?  Send me a link and I'll look into it...

I'm not bringing in any driver files  :-[ was just hoping that changing the settings for usb-dvb-v2 and also the specific RTL28xx ones in menuconfig would do the trick, and that the DigitalDevicesExp part of the script would include the necessary drivers.

I did see some stuff relating to the RTL28xx in the syslog, however, if you think these big delays can be solved by finding some RTL28xx firmware and adding it to the build, let me know and I'll give it a try when I get time...

I'm going to try the firmware from the main media_build.git repo.

Can you upload your build.sh script to linuxserver.io? I deleted my server's copy thinking that I'd be able to re-download it from your dropbox, but getting a 404 instead...

Can you upload your build.sh script to linuxserver.io? I deleted my server's copy thinking that I'd be able to re-download it from your dropbox, but getting a 404 instead...

The original script was from gfjardim.  I've got it on my github here.  I've modified it a lot since then to produce the mediabuilds and since then I've turned it into 2 scripts requiring no user-input to produce the three mediabuilds. 

OK, I got my card working, just added the following to your ddexp.sh script, just after ##Copy default Mediabuild Kernel Modules section:

##Copy v4l firmwares

cd $D

wget http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2

mkdir -p $D/v4l

mkdir -p $D/v4l/firmware

cd $D/v4l/firmware

tar xvfj ../../dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2

rsync -av $D/v4l/firmware/*.fw* $D/bzroot/lib/firmware/

Any chance you'll add this code into the default ddexp build?

The original script was from gfjardim.  I've got it on my github here.  I've modified it a lot since then to produce the mediabuilds and since then I've turned it into 2 scripts requiring no user-input to produce the three mediabuilds.

OK, I got my card working, just added the following to your ddexp.sh script, just after ##Copy default Mediabuild Kernel Modules section:

##Copy v4l firmwares

cd $D

wget http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2

mkdir -p $D/v4l

mkdir -p $D/v4l/firmware

cd $D/v4l/firmware

tar xvfj ../../dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2

rsync -av $D/v4l/firmware/*.fw* $D/bzroot/lib/firmware/

Any chance you'll add this code into the default ddexp build?

Not like that, no, I wouldn't.  The reason is that is just indiscriminate copying across all the firmwares.  I'm happy to look at possibilities but I need to know what you've tried so far.

Have you tried the Openelec build? And the TBS build? If so, what happens with each?  Which exact firmware file do you need, I may be able to slot it in somewhere as long as it isn't overwriting an existing file...  If it is then I don't mind looking at that and seeing what implications there may be for others, if it's a firmware file for just your card and nobody else is likely to be affected I'll trial it on the next mediabuild and see, but to be honest, from what I remember the card is pretty old and somewhat obsolete, so I'm not willing to risk much to support it.

Sorry if it's not the outright "Yes" you were hoping for, but I do hope you understand my reasoning...  ;) 

Not like that, no, I wouldn't.  The reason is that is just indiscriminate copying across all the firmwares.  I'm happy to look at possibilities but I need to know what you've tried so far.

Have you tried the Openelec build? And the TBS build? If so, what happens with each?  Which exact firmware file do you need, I may be able to slot it in somewhere as long as it isn't overwriting an existing file...  If it is then I don't mind looking at that and seeing what implications there may be for others, if it's a firmware file for just your card and nobody else is likely to be affected I'll trial it on the next mediabuild and see, but to be honest, from what I remember the card is pretty old and somewhat obsolete, so I'm not willing to risk much to support it.

Sorry if it's not the outright "Yes" you were hoping for, but I do hope you understand my reasoning...  ;)

No problem. I'll give the other builds a try as the v4l firmware copy didn't work - the card was detected and visible in tvheadend but tuning failed, and the syslog was flooded with all sorts of junk (I2C errors, etc).

6.1.8 builds are done,  I've changed things slightly in preparation for some changes going forward..

All the files downloaded will be named the same as stock, so please be careful and don't get them confused...

Nothing to stop you from renaming them, but I would recommend changing your syslinux.cfg to reflect the fact that files will be named bzroot and bzimage from now on..  ;)

Thanks a lot CHBM for providing the files. I like the fact that the files are having the "correct" file names now :-)

System is running very well after a smooth upgrade. I took advantage of the new syslog functionality and no errors occurred, just some Warnings that we can ignore I guess.

Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ACPI: Early table checksum verification disabled
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, While evaluating Sleep State [\_S1_] (20150410/hwxface-580)
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, While evaluating Sleep State [\_S2_] (20150410/hwxface-580)
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, While evaluating Sleep State [\_S3_] (20150410/hwxface-580)
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: usb: failed to peer usb2-port4 and usb1-port5 by location (usb2-port4:none) (usb1-port5:usb2-port3)
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: usb usb2-port4: failed to peer to usb1-port5 (-16)
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: floppy0: no floppy controllers found
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ACPI Warning: SystemIO range 0x000000000000F000-0x000000000000F01F conflicts with OpRegion 0x000000000000F000-0x000000000000F00F (\_SB_.PCI0.SBUS.SMBI) (20150410/utaddress-254)
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ata2.00: READ LOG DMA EXT failed, trying unqueued
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ata2.00: failed to get NCQ Send/Recv Log Emask 0x1
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ata1.00: READ LOG DMA EXT failed, trying unqueued
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ata1.00: failed to get NCQ Send/Recv Log Emask 0x1
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ata1.00: failed to get NCQ Send/Recv Log Emask 0x1
Feb 10 09:08:21 Tower kernel: ata2.00: failed to get NCQ Send/Recv Log Emask 0x1
Feb 10 09:08:34 Tower rpc.statd[1670]: Failed to read /var/lib/nfs/state: Success
Feb 10 09:09:04 Tower avahi-daemon[19446]: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!

Hi there.  I copied these 6.1.8 files (bzroot and bzimage) to my USB stick, then rebooted my unRAID box.  But now the MediaTreeCheck plugin is reporting my TV tuner card isn't detected.  Also my mythtv Docker didn't autostart, since it can't find the tuner card, according to the log.

Diagnostics attached, thanks for any help.  And thanks for these builds in the first place!  It was working no problems before this.

tower-diagnostics-20160210-0418.zip

Which version did you download stor44?

And does the Mediatree Check plugin show that the mediabuild is activated? And that it just isn't finding your card drivers.

Which card are you using?

I downloaded these ones from the first post:  Unraid V6.1.8 V1.10 OpenELEC Drivers

Mediabuild is detected.

It's an Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250.  Thank you.

Which version did you download stor44?

And does the Mediatree Check plugin show that the mediabuild is activated? And that it just isn't finding your card drivers.

Which card are you using?

I downloaded these ones from the first post:  Unraid V6.1.8 V1.10 OpenELEC Drivers

Mediabuild is detected.

Same for me...same drivers on a hauppauge 950q.

A bit more information: Both MythTV and tvheadend start properly (one at a time). I can see the 950q in the webgui of tvheadend, but the card isn't detecting OTA signals.

Mediabuild is detected.

Same for me...same drivers on a hauppauge 950q.

A bit more information: Both MythTV and tvheadend start properly (one at a time). I can see the 950q in the webgui of tvheadend, but the card isn't detecting OTA signals.

Well, identified the issue, it was a mistake on my part for editing the build script when tired and omission of "-openelec" from one line....

This resulted in the drivers not being copied across before compressing the new bzroot.

New build & md5 uploaded which should be good.

Apologies chaps....  :-[

• Squid locked this topic