[Support] Linuxserver.io - Kodi-Headless

So for some reason my Library updates have stopped with my Kodi-headless install. I haven't changed anything about the config, and the kodi web interface seems to work, so I imagine kodi is running correctly. However when I issue a library update command I get this in the kodi docker logs....

tdb(__NULL__): tdb_open_ex: called with name == NULL

Can someone help me out with this?

So for some reason my Library updates have stopped with my Kodi-headless install. I haven't changed anything about the config, and the kodi web interface seems to work, so I imagine kodi is running correctly. However when I issue a library update command I get this in the kodi docker logs....

tdb(__NULL__): tdb_open_ex: called with name == NULL

Can someone help me out with this?

How are you issuing a library update? What version are you using?

zoggy that's the link to the dockerhub page... ???

EDIT:

And it's also working for me...

If it's still a problem for you then this site is useful...

the site was up.. just was seeing the 404 page was being served by dockerhub at the time. just tried url again, its working now.

example of the 404 page (purposely causing it by using bad page): https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/kodi-headless2/

Hi,

it would be superb if you could also show us the actual kodi version number of the docker, as for my part I'm running Kodi 14.2 on one linux htpc, two rpi's (running openelec w/14.2) and kodi 14.1 as a docker for library updates. As with every new kodi release there are changes to the database and stuff stops getting library updates because stuff isn't compatible any more.

Planning upgrades is a bit easier that way, for me at least.

anyhow, fantastic work, I really appreciate your dedication in all aspects unraid, best choice I ever made :)

it's any version you want it to be from 14 to 16 (jarvis beta4) by setting the VERSION variable.

and you only have to keep the same major version across a mysql setup, point releases are immaterial because the mysql d/bases don't change.

just to note, that yes the db version stays pretty static for final releases..

however those that live off git / use beta/rc... it does change.

those are curious if upgrading to x version is going to involve a new db version they can always refer to: http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions

How do I manually invoke an update command in the Kodi Docker?

I use JSON and cURL to trigger updates, from this guide http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Remotely_update_library

I just have my sync program run a .bat file (the specific string for update library)  after sync, and it works perfectly. Sync program monitors the folder (Allway Sync) and UTorrent does its thing.

I used the kodi-send update command with Sparklyballs' version of this docker, but since moving over to this one I get a "exec: "kodi-send": executable file not found in $PATH" error. Any idea on what I need to do to get the kodi-send command to work?

docker exec kodi-headless kodi-send --action="UpdateLibrary(video)"

Hmm, just installed kodi-headless.  Copied over the advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml.  Now the docker app silently exits 5 mins in.

log

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-----------------------------------

We are now refreshing packages from apt repositorys, this *may* take a while
Update: OK 
Collecting cffi==1.5.0
Downloading cffi-1.5.0.tar.gz (385kB)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pycparser in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cffi==1.5.0)
Building wheels for collected packages: cffi
Running setup.py bdist_wheel for cffi
Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/ac/44/4b/301cfb6ad4531e8271f7ca364097c5276b65c975942d132151
Successfully built cffi
Installing collected packages: cffi
Found existing installation: cffi 1.4.2
Uninstalling cffi-1.4.2:
Successfully uninstalled cffi-1.4.2
Successfully installed cffi-1.5.0
Collecting colorama==0.3.6
Downloading colorama-0.3.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Installing collected packages: colorama
Found existing installation: colorama 0.3.5
Uninstalling colorama-0.3.5:
Successfully uninstalled colorama-0.3.5
Successfully installed colorama-0.3.6
Collecting cryptography==1.2.2
Downloading cryptography-1.2.2.tar.gz (372kB)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): idna>=2.0 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cryptography==1.2.2)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pyasn1>=0.1.8 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cryptography==1.2.2)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): six>=1.4.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cryptography==1.2.2)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): setuptools>=1.0 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cryptography==1.2.2)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): enum34 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cryptography==1.2.2)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): ipaddress in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cryptography==1.2.2)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): cffi>=1.4.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cryptography==1.2.2)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pycparser in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from cffi>=1.4.1->cryptography==1.2.2)
Building wheels for collected packages: cryptography
Running setup.py bdist_wheel for cryptography
Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/1b/a2/47/a2a68fd1435bf7495b74fa545f008365241636e8dff8ff3454
Successfully built cryptography
Installing collected packages: cryptography
Found existing installation: cryptography 1.1.2
Uninstalling cryptography-1.1.2:
Successfully uninstalled cryptography-1.1.2
Successfully installed cryptography-1.2.2
Collecting virtualenv==14.0.4
Downloading virtualenv-14.0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.8MB)
Installing collected packages: virtualenv
Found existing installation: virtualenv 13.1.2
Uninstalling virtualenv-13.1.2:
Successfully uninstalled virtualenv-13.1.2
Successfully installed virtualenv-14.0.4
No Update Required
Jan 31 20:32:34 3fc100b384e8 syslog-ng[180]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
GID/UID

Everything up-to-date
No Update Required
Jan 31 20:42:09 3fc100b384e8 syslog-ng[77]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

GID/UID

_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

GID/UID

_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

GID/UID

_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

GID/UID

We are now refreshing packages from apt repositorys, this *may* take a whileUpdate: OK 

I've tried removing and re installing.  But it won't start now.  Get the following error.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="kodi-headless" --net="bridge" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 6666:8080/tcp -p 9777:9777/udp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/kodiheadless/":"/config/.kodi":rw linuxserver/kodi-headless
fe6f90fea75773a7bf6843159dc7b935b033e5519aea22f4be68c586757cc498
Error response from daemon: Cannot start container fe6f90fea75773a7bf6843159dc7b935b033e5519aea22f4be68c586757cc498: iptables failed: iptables --wait -t filter -A DOCKER ! -i docker0 -o docker0 -p tcp -d 172.17.0.39 --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
(exit status 1)

The command failed.

OK, I've played around with Kodi a little now but I haven't installed this plugin yet.  So if I have 2 instances of kodi running, one on my mac mini and one on a raspberry pi if I installed the plugin all my media would be updated on both machines right?  What if I add some add ons?  If I add an addon to the mac mini would it automatically show up on the Pi?

OK, I've played around with Kodi a little now but I haven't installed this plugin yet.  So if I have 2 instances of kodi running, one on my mac mini and one on a raspberry pi if I installed the plugin all my media would be updated on both machines right?  What if I add some add ons?  If I add an addon to the mac mini would it automatically show up on the Pi?

Post 122 explains what this does, it syncs the database of media using the MariaDB or MySQL container, it will not sync addons.  It's purpose is to update the library so when you turn on your Mac Mini the library is up to date and watched status is synced between devices.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I manually invoke an update command in the Kodi Docker?

I use JSON and cURL to trigger updates, from this guide http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Remotely_update_library

I just have my sync program run a .bat file (the specific string for update library)  after sync, and it works perfectly. Sync program monitors the folder (Allway Sync) and UTorrent does its thing.

I used the kodi-send update command with Sparklyballs' version of this docker, but since moving over to this one I get a "exec: "kodi-send": executable file not found in $PATH" error. Any idea on what I need to do to get the kodi-send command to work?

docker exec kodi-headless kodi-send --action="UpdateLibrary(video)"

I wasn't ever able to get kodi-send to work on this docker so I am now using JSON and cURL to trigger updates. I setup a script with this:

curl --silent -H "Content-Type: application/json" -u user:pass -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.Scan","id":"scan"}' http://hostname:port/jsonrpc > /dev/null

I have a crontab setup that runs this script every so often throughout the day so when I open up Kodi on my VM, all of my recently added shows show up and I don't have to manually update and wait  ;D. The --silent part is optional but you will get an email every time this runs if you don't include that. Hopefully this helps others that need a way to send updates remotely without using kodi-send.

This may be a bit of a dumb question....but does the warning on the first page just mean that I need to go to one of the client machines and do the initial library scan in and update from there? Does Kodi headless automatically clean the library if for instance I delete something from the NAS and it no longer exists for Kodi to use as a source?

Also, do I need to install a DB or is everything done with the docker?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

it would be superb if you could also show us the actual kodi version number of the docker, as for my part I'm running Kodi 14.2 on one linux htpc, two rpi's (running openelec w/14.2) and kodi 14.1 as a docker for library updates. As with every new kodi release there are changes to the database and stuff stops getting library updates because stuff isn't compatible any more.

anyhow, fantastic work, I really appreciate your dedication in all aspects unraid, best choice I ever made :)

it's any version you want it to be from 14 to 16 (jarvis beta4) by setting the VERSION variable.

and you only have to keep the same major version across a mysql setup, point releases are immaterial because the mysql d/bases don't change.

Where can I find the variable to change this to 16?

Nevermind...found it.

my-kodi-headless.xml in case anyone else missed it.

Hi,

Where can I find the variable to change this to 16?

Nevermind...found it.

my-kodi-headless.xml in case anyone else missed it.

You can just do it through the docker setup in the webui (click advanced)