[Support] Linuxserver.io - Sonarr

Hello.  Sonnar had been working very well for me for quite some time but last week I noticed that it had downloaded shows but would not copy them into my media folder.  If I manually copy them over and refresh then Sonarr will update and see that the media is in my media folder.  I was running version 2.0.0.4613 when the problem started so I updated to version 2.0.0.4689.  I see this version information inside of the Sonar app.  Strangely, when I look at the docker in Unraid, it shows that an update is ready, even after I update, it still says an update is ready.  I deleted the docker and resinstalled but have the same result.  I am getting this log information:

• [Info] DownloadDecisionMaker: Processing 200 releases
  • [Info] DownloadService: Report sent to Transmission. The.Last.Man.On.Earth.S03E15.Name.20.Picnics.Now.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-BTN[rartv]
  • [Info] DownloadService: Report sent to Transmission. Bobs.Burgers.S07E18.The.Laser-inth.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-BTN[rartv]
  • [Info] RssSyncService: RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 200, Reports grabbed: 2
  • [Info] RssSyncService: Starting RSS Sync
  • [Error] FetchAndParseRssService: Error during RSS Sync
  •  
  • [v2.0.0.4689] System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
  • at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw (System.Exception e) [0x0002a] in <7a7beac9df414bd3b6be31930c5e0f8b>:0
  • at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo (System.String res) [0x00017] in <7a7beac9df414bd3b6be31930c5e0f8b>:0
  • at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent () [0x0041e] in <7a7beac9df414bd3b6be31930c5e0f8b>:0
  • at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read () [0x00097] in <7a7beac9df414bd3b6be31930c5e0f8b>:0
  • at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.Xml.Linq.LoadOptions options) [0x0001c] in <ecc1cf0a613547549e04fcee8cd17cf8>:0
  • at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <ecc1cf0a613547549e04fcee8cd17cf8>:0
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssSettingsDetector.IsEZTVFeed (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.IndexerResponse response) [0x0003c] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssSettingsDetector.cs:200
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssSettingsDetector.GetEzrssParserSettings (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.IndexerResponse response, NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssIndexerSettings indexerSettings) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssSettingsDetector.cs:80
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssSettingsDetector.GetParserSettings (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.IndexerResponse response, NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssIndexerSettings indexerSettings) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssSettingsDetector.cs:63
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssSettingsDetector.Detect (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssIndexerSettings indexerSettings) [0x0007d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssSettingsDetector.cs:58
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssParserFactory.DetectParserSettings (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssIndexerSettings indexerSettings) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssParserFactory.cs:55
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssParserFactory+<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<GetParser>b__0 () [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssParserFactory.cs:32
  • at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached`1[T].Get (System.String key, System.Func`1[TResult] function, System.Nullable`1[T] lifeTime) [0x0006a] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Cache\Cached.cs:81
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssParserFactory.GetParser (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssIndexerSettings indexerSettings) [0x00020] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssParserFactory.cs:32
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssIndexer.GetParser () [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssIndexer.cs:31
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase`1[TSettings].FetchReleases (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.IndexerPageableRequestChain pageableRequestChain, System.Boolean isRecent) [0x0000c] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs:119
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase`1[TSettings].FetchRecent () [0x00015] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs:51
  • at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.FetchAndParseRssService+<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<Fetch>b__0 () [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\FetchAndParseRssService.cs:51

Thanks for any suggestions or support.

Your torrent client is probably downloading it to one directory and Sonarr is looking for it in the wrong place. The log information you provided doesn't provide any insight. It appears to be from when the download was sent to transmission. What does the log say when it tries to import?

19 hours ago, bobbintb said:

Your torrent client is probably downloading it to one directory and Sonarr is looking for it in the wrong place. The log information you provided doesn't provide any insight. It appears to be from when the download was sent to transmission. What does the log say when it tries to import?

I found the problem started from last Wednesday.  That's the same day I upgraded to 6.3.3.  I did find tonight that somehow the download path got changed on Sonarr and it was looking in the wrong directory.  I fixed that but I'm still having issues.  I get the following log(s) for every file in my download directory:

[Error] DownloadedEpisodesImportService: Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/finished/Frontline.S2017E08.Last.Days.Of.Solitary.720p.WEBRiP.H.264-TOPKEK

The access mode is set to "read/write" inside of the Sonarr docker so I'm a bit lost.  Thanks for your help.

On 4/25/2017 at 9:58 PM, bobbintb said:

It looks like it's still looking in the wrong place. What are your directory settings for your dockers and download client?

Still no luck.  I am still getting this error:

• 17-4-28 19:51:09.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/finished/The.Island.With.Bear.Grylls.S04E01.720p.HDTV.x264-QPEL
    17-4-28 19:51:09.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/finished/Tiny.House.Hunters.S04E15.Freedom.in.Going.Tiny.720p.WEBRip.h.264-TOPKEK

In Sonarr, I AM able to see all Activity of things that have been grabbed and progress during download.  I test the connection with Transmission and it is good.

Download path for transmission docker is: /mnt/user/_temp/downloads/

- Inside of transmission app download is to: /downloads/finished/

Download path for sonarr docker is: /mnt/user/_temp/downloads/finished/

* If I change this path to match transmission (/mnt/user/_temp/downloads/), I get NO import and NO errors

The files are for sure downloading to "_temp/downloads/finished" folder (verify in windows explorer).  I'm wondering now if I have a permissions issue.  I've clicked around in multiple places and tried changing somethings (then changing back) but no dice so far.  Any ideas?

43 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Still no luck.  I am still getting this error:

• 
    17-4-28 19:51:09.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/finished/The.Island.With.Bear.Grylls.S04E01.720p.HDTV.x264-QPEL
    17-4-28 19:51:09.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/finished/Tiny.House.Hunters.S04E15.Freedom.in.Going.Tiny.720p.WEBRip.h.264-TOPKEK

In Sonarr, I AM able to see all Activity of things that have been grabbed and progress during download.  I test the connection with Transmission and it is good.

Download path for transmission docker is: /mnt/user/_temp/downloads/

- Inside of transmission app download is to: /downloads/finished/

Download path for sonarr docker is: /mnt/user/_temp/downloads/finished/

* If I change this path to match transmission (/mnt/user/_temp/downloads/), I get NO import and NO errors

The files are for sure downloading to "_temp/downloads/finished" folder (verify in windows explorer).  I'm wondering now if I have a permissions issue.  I've clicked around in multiple places and tried changing somethings (then changing back) but no dice so far.  Any ideas?

See here 

and here

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

See here 

and here

I put my mapping back to how it was 3 days ago (matches the recommendations above unless I'm still overlooking something).  I still get no imports, also now my "activity" section in Sonarr is blank.  I only get this error:

Error during RSS Sync: Root element is missing.

To confirm my mapping:

App Name Container Volume Host Volume
Transm. /config /mnt/cache/appdata/Transmission/
  /downloads /mnt/user/_temp/downloads/
sonarr /config /mnt/cache/appdata/sonarr/
  /downloads

/mnt/user/_temp/downloads/

2 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

I put my mapping back to how it was 3 days ago (matches the recommendations above unless I'm still overlooking something).  I still get no imports, also now my "activity" section in Sonarr is blank.  I only get this error:

Error during RSS Sync: Root element is missing.

To confirm my mapping:

App Name Container Volume Host Volume
Transm. /config /mnt/cache/appdata/Transmission/
  /downloads /mnt/user/_temp/downloads/
sonarr /config /mnt/cache/appdata/sonarr/
  /downloads

/mnt/user/_temp/downloads/

Ultimately, you're going to have to post the logs from both transmission and sonarr (available within Sonarr's UI -> don't use torrents, so not sure about Transmission)

8 hours ago, Squid said:

Ultimately, you're going to have to post the logs from both transmission and sonarr (available within Sonarr's UI -> don't use torrents, so not sure about Transmission)

Well after another reinstall and a reboot, everything is working.  Strange.  Not sure the exact problem but thanks to you 3 guys for your support.

I just tried installing this docker fresh and I'm getting the error below.  I've attached a screenshot of my config.  Any idea?  Thanks for the help!

[Info] Bootstrap: Starting Sonarr - /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.4689

[Info] AppFolderInfo: Data directory is being overridden to [/config]
[Info] MigrationLogger: *** Migrating data source=/config/nzbdrone.db;cache size=-10485760;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal;pooling=True;version=3 ***

[Fatal] ConsoleApp: EPIC FAIL!

[v2.0.0.4689] NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.CorruptDatabaseException: Database file: /config/nzbdrone.db is corrupt, restore from backup if available. See: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#i-am-getting-an-error-database-disk-image-is-malformed ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: disk I/O error

disk I/O error

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, System.UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x0033c] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand () [0x00068] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.Create (NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.Migration.Framework.MigrationContext migrationContext) [0x00121] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:116
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.Create (NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.Migration.Framework.MigrationType migrationType) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:56
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.RegisterDatabase (NzbDrone.Common.Composition.IContainer container) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:36
at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start (NzbDrone.Host.ApplicationModes applicationModes, NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext) [0x0003d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:73
at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start (NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext, NzbDrone.Host.IUserAlert userAlert, System.Action`1[T] startCallback) [0x00075] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:40
at NzbDrone.Console.ConsoleApp.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0000e] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Console\ConsoleApp.cs:20

Press enter to exit...

config.JPG

24 minutes ago, noacess said:

I just tried installing this docker fresh and I'm getting the error below.  I've attached a screenshot of my config.  Any idea?  Thanks for the help!

[Info] Bootstrap: Starting Sonarr - /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.4689

[Info] MigrationLogger: *** Migrating data source=/config/nzbdrone.db;cache size=-10485760;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal;pooling=True;version=3 ***

[v2.0.0.4689] NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.CorruptDatabaseException: Database file: /config/nzbdrone.db is corrupt, restore from backup if available. See: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#i-am-getting-an-error-database-disk-image-is-malformed ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: disk I/O error

disk I/O error

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, System.UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x0033c] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand () [0x00068] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.Create (NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.Migration.Framework.MigrationContext migrationContext) [0x00121] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:116
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.Create (NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.Migration.Framework.MigrationType migrationType) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:56
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.RegisterDatabase (NzbDrone.Common.Composition.IContainer container) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:36
at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start (NzbDrone.Host.ApplicationModes applicationModes, NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext) [0x0003d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:73
at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start (NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext, NzbDrone.Host.IUserAlert userAlert, System.Action`1[T] startCallback) [0x00075] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:40
at NzbDrone.Console.ConsoleApp.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0000e] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Console\ConsoleApp.cs:20

Press enter to exit...

config.JPG

This is the part that I would focus on.

[v2.0.0.4689] NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.CorruptDatabaseException: Database file: /config/nzbdrone.db is corrupt, restore from backup if available. See: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#i-am-getting-an-error-database-disk-image-is-malformed ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: disk I/O error

Here is the docker run command:

/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name="sonarr" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8989:8989/tcp -v "/dev/rtc":"/dev/rtc":ro -v "/mnt/user/TV/":"/tv":rw -v "/mnt/user/downloads/":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/sonarr":"/config":rw linuxserver/sonarr

I made that change and the run command is now:

/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name="sonarr" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8989:8989/tcp -v "/dev/rtc":"/dev/rtc":ro -v "/mnt/user/TV/":"/tv":rw -v "/mnt/user/downloads/":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/":"/config":rw linuxserver/sonarr

and the AppData Config Path is now: /mnt/cache/appdata/

I'm still getting the error:

disk I/O error

Press enter to exit...

Before I started the docker back up I deleted the previously created sonarr folder in appdata.   After starting the docker here is what the permissions look like.  Does that look correct?

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/appdata# ls -al
total 16
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  52 May  5 13:42 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  58 May  4 17:29 ../
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 134 May  5 13:42 sonarr/

Thanks for the help!

It's because some containers don't play well with the FUSE filesystem of Unraid, so in order to work they need the appdata on a direct disk share rather than at /mnt/user/ 

Never known it to be an issue with Sonarr, but was an easy rule out. 

Edited by CHBMB
  • Upvote 1
It's because some containers don't play well with the FUSE filesystem of Unraid, so in order to work they need the appdata on a direct disk share rather than at /mnt/user/ 

Never known it to be an issue with Sonarr, but was an easy rule out. 

Check your PMs

Annoyingly LT set the default path for docker to use fuse, I did post a bug about this but LT don't currently accept there is an issue with fuse and docker :-(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, binhex said:

Annoyingly LT set the default path for docker to use fuse, I did post a bug about this but LT don't currently accept there is an issue with fuse and docker :-(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Because they can't replicate. Whenever I've seen an issue with fuse and an app I try the app and it has never failed for me. Only seems to affect certain users, and as far as they are concerned, the issue was fixed a long time ago.

6.2.0-rc3

- mover: add hard link support
- mover: fix symlink support
- shfs: add hard link support

6.2.0-rc4

- mover: support moving 'special files'
- shfs: add 'mknod' support

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Edited by Squid

How can I run a custom script in sonarr connect?

I tried to run a script on download to scan Plex on the downloaded show's folder only.

Something like "docker exec -it plex /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Media\ Scanner -s -r -c 4 -d "$sonarr_series_path""

But sonarr docker doesn't have the commands to run it.

10 hours ago, niddehh said:

How can I run a custom script in sonarr connect?

I tried to run a script on download to scan Plex on the downloaded show's folder only.

Isn't there already an option in Sonarr for that without needing a custom script? Alternatively, Plex can be set up to scan the folder when it detects a change in the folder.

10 hours ago, niddehh said:

Something like "docker exec -it plex /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Media\ Scanner -s -r -c 4 -d "$sonarr_series_path""

But sonarr docker doesn't have the commands to run it.

You're trying to run a Docker from within a Docker?

52 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

Isn't there already an option in Sonarr for that without needing a custom script? Alternatively, Plex can be set up to scan the folder when it detects a change in the folder.

You're trying to run a Docker from within a Docker?

The one in Sonarr will scan the whole library, and Plex can only detect local drives, I used Unassigned Devices to mount my movie share located on another server.

I know that docker exec wont work, so I am trying to find a way to communicate with Plex's docker.