Dynamix webGUI - test drivers required - please update to 6.1.7

bonienl

Yeah, I am running that plugin..

The intended behavior is NO settings page for any disks outside of the array, these disks are not controlled by unRAID. Some settings don't make sense/work, while threshold and SMART settings only work on a global level, i.e. no individual disk settings.

The stock unassigned devices page will not show the settings page, the plugin however does...

Makes sense... thanks for clearing that up..

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I set the users to show in the settings page on the latest update, it shows it twice in the settings page, one on the user preferences and one on the system settings line

Not sure whether or not this may be related to CA's method of moving the user's tab around (I assume that bonienl is doing it in a similar way), but one thing that I would really suggest is this:

If you want to move the users menu around, I would tell CA to leave it where it is, reboot (so that all the system files are 100% stock), then have this plugin move it. 

Good point, it has overridden CA settings. Reboot is required if disabling CA option and using through dynamix

Two plugins modifying the same system settings (and presumably creating backups of the same original files) just isn't going to work correctly.

I've also posted in CA's thread the procedure if you're using this plugin.  Bonienl's settings are more "official" than mine and should take precedence if you need to move the tab.

Bonienl, something which you probably haven't completely tested, but for a bleeding edge plugin I think is a very valid use case:

Uninstallation.

After uninstalling, the pop up tells you to reboot the server (which I can understand), however at that point the entire GUI is completely unavailable and you have to drop down to a command line to do it.

Since you've got to reboot anyways, why even bother uninstalling the files from RAM.  Just delete the .plg and txz from the flash drive.  That way the UI will stay active

Bonienl, something which you probably haven't completely tested, but for a bleeding edge plugin I think is a very valid use case:

Uninstallation.

After uninstalling, the pop up tells you to reboot the server (which I can understand), however at that point the entire GUI is completely unavailable and you have to drop down to a command line to do it.

Since you've got to reboot anyways, why even bother uninstalling the files from RAM.  Just delete the .plg and txz from the flash drive.  That way the UI will stay active

Yeah, you are right. It is kind of habit of me to include the same removal procedure as is done in all other plugins. Uninstalling I never did/tested and became overlooked.

I have issued a new version 2016.01.09b, this fixes the "Users menu" setting gets lost after reboot. At the same time the PLG file is updated and allows for proper uninstallation, if required.

In case you are wondering ...

The solution I have made, is the introduction of a dynamic menu reference, this eliminates the need to create "backup" files.

The syntax is: Menu="file-reference key-name=default-value"

For an example, have a look at the Users.page file, it might be handy for CA too.

Uninstallation.

I just got caught by this, wouldn't update because of bad md5, so I thought uninstall and reinstall.... BOOM no webui...

No massive problem just dropped to cmd line and installplg.... but I can see how it's less than great.

My wife was watching TV at the time, so a reboot wasn't an option....  ::)

Did this latest update change anyone else's "unassigned devices" free space to all red color?

There is an extra parameter introduced for the color coding, this is done because it is now possible to set individual disk settings which overrule the general settings.

I don't have the unassigned devices plugin installed myself, but I imagine the plugin needs an update to get the coloring right.

Did this latest update change anyone else's "unassigned devices" free space to all red color?

There is an extra parameter introduced for the color coding, this is done because it is now possible to set individual disk settings which overrule the general settings.

I don't have the unassigned devices plugin installed myself, but I imagine the plugin needs an update to get the coloring right.

The problem is that gfjardim is nowhere to be found right now so I doubt unassigned devices will be updated.  Because of some outstanding issues I have that haven't been fixed, I cannot use unassigned devices newer that 2015.09.19.  If this stands for the next release of unraid, there will be many annoyed people.

The problem is that gfjardim is nowhere to be found right now so I doubt unassigned devices will be updated.  Because of some outstanding issues I have that haven't been fixed, I cannot use unassigned devices newer that 2015.09.19.  If this stands for the next release of unraid, there will be many annoyed people.

Since limetech counts unassigned devices towards the license total, I feel it is totally unfair to the community to leave the functionality to an enthusiast authored plugin. Either change the licensing back to assigned array devices only, or take responsibility for managing unassigned devices within unraid itself. This has really irritated me since that change was announced months ago. gfjardim shouldn't need to worry about it, limetech should have either written its own manager or absorbed and updated gfjardim's work with permission.

Since limetech counts unassigned devices towards the license total, I feel it is totally unfair to the community to leave the functionality to an enthusiast authored plugin. Either change the licensing back to assigned array devices only, or take responsibility for managing unassigned devices within unraid itself. This has really irritated me since that change was announced months ago. gfjardim shouldn't need to worry about it, limetech should have either written its own manager or absorbed and updated gfjardim's work with permission.

Hadn't thought of this before, as I have a Pro licence and I'm only just above 50% of my drive "allowance" but I think you have a very valid point and one which perhaps LT haven't considered in quite this way....

It may be worth a gentle nudge of jonp to this point to see what LT's feeling is...

How is that limit actually enforced?  I have 24 drives in my actual array, and another drive as a ZFS volume for my dockers.

Sounds like you have a Pro license with that many drives?  With the Pro license there is no limit on attached drives - just on the number of drives that can be managed by unRAID.

I didn't realize the pro version didn't have a limit, I thought it was all of versions... That is good to know..

I am not sure that the Limetech documentation is that clear about it!

It came up during the beta phase when at one point unRAID WAS applying such an attached devices limit and it affected a number of users.  By the v6 final release the attached devices limit had been removed for the Pro license.