[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Just now, binhex said:

That is a good catch!, but ultimately the list of endpoints should of been shown, so something else was going on here - unless you removed them from the log file?.

I did not remove them.  

That was my issue...it was not showing the list on the failure, but did show them when it connected

Hello,

I’m encountering an issue with my DelugeVPN (using NordVPN) and ARR (Radarr/Sonarr) setup that was functioning correctly until earlier this week. I have Deluge and the ARR applications running in VLAN 30, each with its own IP address on Unraid. These applications connect directly to each other via their 10.30.x.x IP addresses. Deluge is also configured behind a reverse proxy for WebUI access.

The problem is that I can no longer access Deluge WebUI through its URL, nor can Radarr/Sonarr connect to Deluge using its 10.30.x.x IP address. However, I’m still able to access Deluge from my desktop on VLAN 10 by using its 10.30.x.x IP address, but not via the URL. Seems like Radarr/Sonarr can ping it as well and it can ping Radarr/Sonarr as well.

I've tried configuring a new container for deluge and I've also tried to use qbittorrent-vpn, but am running into the same exact issue with both.

Would you have any insights into what might be causing this issue?

Thank you!

deluge log.txt

Hey @Orion83

I just ran into the same problem. For me it was a VPN endpoint issue. Log into your VPN provider and check to see if they rotated their endpoints. After updating to the new IP endpoints and verify-x509-names, things are back to normal.

Edited by 10tb01
grammer
15 hours ago, 10tb01 said:

Hey @Orion83

I just ran into the same problem. For me it was a VPN endpoint issue. Log into your VPN provider and check to see if they rotated their endpoints. After updating to the new IP endpoints and verify-x509-names, things are back to normal.

Thanks but unfortunately that didn't do the trick. I am still able to download torrents from deluge if I upload them manually by accessing the container via 10.30.x.x which would suggest to me that the VPN is working.

Edited by Orion83
On 7/5/2024 at 9:26 AM, binhex said:

Ok guys a new image has been produced, for anybody with the name resolution issue please do the following:-

1. login to unraid web ui
  2. go to docker tab
  3. toggle switch top right to 'advanced view'
  4. click on 'force update' for the container
  5. check logs for errors.

I tried this, and I still can't get to the web ui by left clicking the docker icon. I get a blank page using Chrome. Safari says can't open the pat "[IP}:[PORT:8112]" because the page address isn't valid. I can get to binhex containers using the actual IP address and port. I'm on a custom docker network with an assigned IP address. Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Mlatx said:

"[IP}:[PORT:8112]"

If that's the exact error message you get from the browser, you have a syntax error in the config.

Use all square brackets, you have a curly bracket thrown in
This is my exact config if that helps:

http://[IP]:[PORT:8112]/

Actually, [IP] seems to resolve to the server IP on closer inspection? If you use custom IPs for the dockers it probably won't work. I guess you could hardcode the actual docker IP in the config, but there might be other more dynamic solutions too. That's above my paygrade though, sorry.

Edited by Jorgen
5 hours ago, Jorgen said:

If that's the exact error message you get from the browser, you have a syntax error in the config.

Use all square brackets, you have a curly bracket thrown in
This is my exact config if that helps:

http://[IP]:[PORT:8112]/

Actually, [IP] seems to resolve to the server IP on closer inspection? If you use custom IPs for the dockers it probably won't work. I guess you could hardcode the actual docker IP in the config, but there might be other more dynamic solutions too. That's above my paygrade though, sorry.

I mistyped it. There is no curly bracket. They are all square brackets. All my dockers use custom IP's and do not have this problem. This was an issue on page 216 and 217 of this thread with others. The fix was to force update the app. That did not help. This is only happening with binhex dockers. Also, there are no allocated ip's on the docker tabs. Please see the photo. 

SCR-20240812-ikyf.png

That issue was about name resolution not working, preventing the deluge app to start and hence the web UI not being available at all. I’m not sure it resolved showing IPs on the docker page. I don’t use custom network and assigned IPs for dockers so can’t help on that part.

But if you can get to the deluge UI via the IP in the browser, you should be able to get to it from the Web UI button on the docker page by hardcoding the IP and port. Did you try that?

1 hour ago, Jorgen said:

That issue was about name resolution not working, preventing the deluge app to start and hence the web UI not being available at all. I’m not sure it resolved showing IPs on the docker page. I don’t use custom network and assigned IPs for dockers so can’t help on that part.

But if you can get to the deluge UI via the IP in the browser, you should be able to get to it from the Web UI button on the docker page by hardcoding the IP and port. Did you try that?

I did not try that. I never had this issue until the last update. 

4 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Try setting this container to bridge and use the server IP.

Something is broken with the container. I use fixed IP's on all my dockers without issue. This one worked correctly up until a month ago. Something broke in a recent update where the webui link doesn't work. It works under bridge mode but does not work under a custom network with fixed IP, which it did for the past couple of years.

Edited by Mlatx

This got asked before but received no reply, so here we go again:

Without any changes whatever, I can no longer add more than 1 torrent file at once - I can add single files over and over to the Add Window, that will work, but if I select 2 more files from the +File button and the file dialog, it will corrupt everything, all files show the same content and none of them will work.

Nothing is logged since all I can do is abort. It's a minor thing, but still annoying.

Hello , i have setup this container in Unraid , with privoxy enabled.

Everything works perfectly except when I set a proxy in Radarr , its unable to reach sabnzbd . It has the local host and port and i did enable bypass proxy for local host , any pointers?

I am using Proton VPN.

Hello everyone. I am new to unraid and trying to get this docker to work. Full disclosure, I've not worked in a linux based system or done anything much more complicated than setting up PIA before.

I was able to get the docker running with  openVPN for PIA and get to the point where I can get into the webgui. However, I was unable to get it to download anything for the longest time yesterday. I reinstalled it a few times and tried running through this thread here to see what I might be doing wrong with little luck. Interestingly enough, sometime last night it just started working. Unfortunately everything else on my network stopped being able to access anything outside the network (internet, plex, anything) while deluge was happily downloading and seeding. So I reset my router and everything else was happy again, except now deluge won't download or seed torrents again. It just keeps saying "Error: Host not found (nom-authoritative) please try again later.

So I am at a loss. I'm sure I have something set up wonky but I am unsure what. Would anyone here be able to enlighten me?

Edited by JetPoweredSarcasm
1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

restart the container

Thanks for the quick reply. I have reset it several times but I just did so again. It seems to still be in the same state. It loads up and I can get into the webgi but then it can not download or seed. I get errors in tracker status like "can not connect" or "can not assign requested address" 

I took a look at the deluge.log file as opposed to the supervisor log, and I notice I get the same post every 2 seconds:

16:26:09 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :1672] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:50348
16:26:09 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :1672] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.

So I assume this has something to do with my problem....

EDITED: Scratch that, that error only happens when I am not in the WebUI. I open the WebUI and that stops posting every 2 seconds. I can only assume there is something wrong with the VPN. I just don't understand why it would work last night and kill the rest of my network, and then stop working when I restarted my router. 

Edited by JetPoweredSarcasm

Ok, following the directions in the FAQ under "Still can't figure this out? Do this." (paraphrasing)

Here is my command execution for setting up the docker and the log after running it. In case it is relevant, it took it a real long time to fully initialize this time. It seems to go quick (<5min) sometimes and take longer (~10) others. When I first installed it I thought it wasn't working because I didn't realize how long it took before I could access the WebUI.

Hopefully someone can look at these and see where I have gone off the rails.

Thanks!

supervisord.log CommandExecution.txt

10 hours ago, JetPoweredSarcasm said:

Ok, following the directions in the FAQ under "Still can't figure this out? Do this." (paraphrasing)

Here is my command execution for setting up the docker and the log after running it. In case it is relevant, it took it a real long time to fully initialize this time. It seems to go quick (<5min) sometimes and take longer (~10) others. When I first installed it I thought it wasn't working because I didn't realize how long it took before I could access the WebUI.

Hopefully someone can look at these and see where I have gone off the rails.

Thanks!

supervisord.log 66.44 kB · 0 downloads CommandExecution.txt 1.64 kB · 0 downloads

from your log:-

2024-08-26 20:57:27 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

Please see Q17 from the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Thank you. Looking through the referenced question, I think I can rule out a problem with my ISP, as I am able to connect to PIA through my laptop on my home network. I believe I have the latest ovpn files, I just downloaded them from PIA yesterday. If I understand that leaves my firewall blocking the VPN from my unraid machine? I will dig into this after work today. I use the PIA windows app when connecting on my laptop, is it common to run into firewall issues on one machine and not another?

3 hours ago, JetPoweredSarcasm said:

Thank you. Looking through the referenced question, I think I can rule out a problem with my ISP, as I am able to connect to PIA through my laptop on my home network. I believe I have the latest ovpn files, I just downloaded them from PIA yesterday. If I understand that leaves my firewall blocking the VPN from my unraid machine? I will dig into this after work today. I use the PIA windows app when connecting on my laptop, is it common to run into firewall issues on one machine and not another?

another possibility is DNS issues, i see you have a custom list there and look to be using PIA NS '209.222.18.222' i have had issues with PIA name servers before, so i would recommend removing that from the value for key NAME_SERVERS.

Well I don't know how but I think I made it worse. Now when I get into the deluge WebUI I shows my IP as "n/a". Yesterday it at least had an IP from the VPN listed there. All I did was take out that one DSN from the docker setup file, and turn my router firewall to its lowest setting.  

I tried checking the outgoing port listed in the OVPN file (1197) from my laptop using the telnet command and I can't get anything on that port. works on port 80. I just connected to PIA vpn through my laptop, which is going through the same router as my unraid machine, and it connected and worked as normal. I assume the PIA app for windows connects differently in some way than what the deluge docker is trying to do with OpenVPN? 

logs from last attempt.

supervisord.log CommandExecution.txt

19 minutes ago, JetPoweredSarcasm said:

Now when I get into the deluge WebUI

if you can get to the deluge web ui then the vpn tunnel is established, so that is a step forward, have you tried downloading something?.