[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

Some info others may find useful,

I found a problem a couple weeks ago with SabnzbdVPN not displaying the Public IPv4 address and Nameserver / DNS Lookup (same error seen in some posts above).

After much trial and error i was able to fix the problem by deleting the 209.222.18.222 name sever from the config. It look like that server is timing out most of the time.

It looks like the DelugeVPN docker has the same server configured by default as well.

55 minutes ago, LakersFan said:

Sorry, but the very bottom of what? Attached was the entire error.

Thank you!

Yes, looks like you got everything.  At first look I thought you didn't get it all.  We are both getting SSL errors at the handshake.  Mine is intermittent, the same as Fiala06 which BinHex already replied to.  I only access over HTTP, so accessing the GUI via HTTPS isn't the issue.  I was assuming we have the same problem with a different error.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 10:13 PM, adz2000 said:

Some info others may find useful,

I found a problem a couple weeks ago with SabnzbdVPN not displaying the Public IPv4 address and Nameserver / DNS Lookup (same error seen in some posts above).

After much trial and error i was able to fix the problem by deleting the 209.222.18.222 name sever from the config. It look like that server is timing out most of the time.

It looks like the DelugeVPN docker has the same server configured by default as well.

Tried this in the hopes to fix issue I've been having with DelugeVPN and SabnzbdVPN with PIA for about two months now but still SABnzbd is stuck on listening to port 8080. About the only potential red flag I can see in the logs is:

2020-09-17 13:49:50,796 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN
[info] unRAID/Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
[info] Synology users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: 'insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko'

Attaching logs to this post in hopes anyone can see anything else I may be overlooking. 

log.txt

Edited by masteraero
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, unknownclient said:

Updated the docker and noticed the web ui is no longer working. Pulled down the latest update and the ui is still not working. Rebooted the server and still not working.

from your log:-

2020-09-30 19:23:51,706 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 30 19:23:51 2020 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]141.98.216.227:443 failed: Connection timed out

i would assume probably an out of date openvpn config file, but check Q17 too:-  https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

23 hours ago, Necrodomis said:

Hello - having an issue after the latest pull. The web interface is no longer accessible. No changes on the network side and no changes to the docker itself. Been working fine for 6-8 months. supervisor looks fine to me? Getting ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and privoxy isnt allowing me in either.

supervisord.log 15.52 kB · 2 downloads

any insights?

If I pull 3.0.2-1-03 - it works fine.. anything above that and sab and privoxy do not start up

Edited by Necrodomis
On 10/2/2020 at 9:35 PM, mikesp18 said:

I was having a similar issue. Reverted to 3.0.2-1-03 and it worked fine.  I'm not sure about other iterations

I updated today and was unable to get it to start or to access the web interface, so I reverted to this version and everything works again.

I updated today and was unable to get it to start or to access the web interface, so I reverted to this version and everything works again.
Hi guys I will try and take a look at this tonight and see if I can replicate the problem

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

@mikesp18 @Crilith @Necrodomis hi guys, i cannot replicate the issue with the latest tagged version here, so i suspect its a vpn provider related problem. i think what is going on is that the provider you are using does not set the default gateway to be the vpn tunnel and thus the gaterway ip is not identified. 

can you please try this as a fix:-

1. revert back to latest

2. edit the ovpn file in /config/openvpn/ and add the following line:-

redirect-gateway def1

3. save the ovpn file and restart the container.

let me know if this works, as i need to make some code changes to do this automatically for you.

6 hours ago, binhex said:

@mikesp18 @Crilith @Necrodomis hi guys, i cannot replicate the issue with the latest tagged version here, so i suspect its a vpn provider related problem. i think what is going on is that the provider you are using does not set the default gateway to be the vpn tunnel and thus the gaterway ip is not identified. 

can you please try this as a fix:-

1. revert back to latest

2. edit the ovpn file in /config/openvpn/ and add the following line:-

redirect-gateway def1

3. save the ovpn file and restart the container.

let me know if this works, as i need to make some code changes to do this automatically for you.

That looks like it did the trick for me. Thank you for looking into it. 

• Like 1