[Support] binhex - Couchpotato

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-couchpotato in the binhex repo.

Application: CouchPotato - https://couchpota.to/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-couchpotato/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-couchpotato

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by binhex
  • 2 weeks later...

Love your dockers binhex. I have your delugevpn up and running great with sonarr, but I am having a hard time connecting couchpotato to delugevpn. I keep getting the cannot connect error when I test the connection under settings, and I can't find the problem in the log. I have tried to add a user to the auth file in delugevpn and adding the user to CP settings, but that doesn't work either. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

CP_Settings.JPG.b385a8be7c4edac3784be43974199971.JPG

Deluge_Settings.JPG.ac5a0fea1ab0802527230442cd317cc9.JPG

Did you restart deluge after adding the username/password to auth?

Shutdown deluge.

edit auth file.

restart deluge.

I restarted the server, installed the delugevpn update and tried again last night without any luck. After reading your comment this morning, i decided to give it another go and stopped both services and it worked! Wow I feel like an idiot, this has been bugging me for 2 days and it was something so simple. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

couch is moving files to media folder as root, anyway to change it to users/nobody?

this is a permissions bug that crept in, please stop the container, delete /config/perms.txt pull down the latest image and it should then set permissions correctly for user "nobody" group "users"

Just looking for a little advice really.

I have couch potato setup as I would like it in terms of its links to delugeVPN and its downloading exactly as I would like.

My question is in relation to the Renamer. Currently delugeVPN downloads to a downloads folder. I want my renamer to get the downloaded video file only, rename it, then put it into my movies folder and finally clean up the excess files that get downloaded with a torrent. I have included a picture of my current renamer settings and im curious as to weather this should work as I want it to or do I need to change something? Also how often does this renamer run?

Couch_potato_rename.jpg.7d5f4d4dc0e9ea7a1ac435c84013f3cd.jpg

Ok I have one other question. I changed a few things so couchpotato no longer creates a folder for each individual movie. My issue is that earlier films had a folder created and when i try to delete them, or the video file for that matter, I get the error saying i need permission from Unix User\nobody.

any ideas?

Ok I have one other question. I changed a few things so couchpotato no longer creates a folder for each individual movie. My issue is that earlier films had a folder created and when i try to delete them, or the video file for that matter, I get the error saying i need permission from Unix User\nobody.

any ideas?

user nobody is the default user used by unraid, this should allow anonymous access to resources, so that you can create/modify/delete stuff using a remote client without having to specify username and password, so you must be trying to use a named account when authenticating with the server, i would check that and make sure your not trying to connect using a specific account.

yea i have literally just setup my personal account. I have given myself full read/write privileges to all folders. and any more recently moved files/folders I seem to be able to delete.

Also I have run into another issue. Basically the mover in Couchpotato seems to just wait for the torrent to stop downloading and doesnt require it to finish downloading the full torrent. So basically if the torrent starts to download get to any % of complete and stops downloading due to lack of seeds etc the mover will still move the incomplete file. It then appears in deluge as an error file and the video file is then unplayable.

couchpotatomover.jpg.780a2808c06bfec8aba09b57ab4a2fd7.jpg

yea i have literally just setup my personal account. I have given myself full read/write privileges to all folders. and any more recently moved files/folders I seem to be able to delete.

ok so if you have setup different accounts then you will need to specify the uid and gid for the new user account and get the container to run as this user, you will then be able to do modify/delete the files, keep in mind though if you want to do this you will need to specify the same account for ALL of the dockers, otherwise you will run into permissions issues again, where docker container A running as user "nobody" cannot move/delete files produced by docker container B running as user "fred". If you do want to do this let me know and i will guide you through how to set this up.

ok so if you have setup different accounts then you will need to specify the uid and gid for the new user account and get the container to run as this user, you will then be able to do modify/delete the files, keep in mind though if you want to do this you will need to specify the same account for ALL of the dockers, otherwise you will run into permissions issues again, where docker container A running as user "nobody" cannot move/delete files produced by docker container B running as user "fred". If you do want to do this let me know and i will guide you through how to set this up.

Yea m8 if you wouldnt mind.

Essentially I set it all up while I just had all shares set to public and got it all working as I wanted it to. I then went and created 1 user, me, so I would be able to change the permissions to the shares. I have several ppl in the house who intend on accessing these files and I just wanted them to have guest access to the files I specify.

I just assumed that if I gave myself read/write permissions that I would be able to edit all shares as I liked.

Being noob on this stuff sucks :D

...I do.

Unless you're trying to lock family members out of certain shares, there's no real point that I can see. If you want something to be "hidden" you can set it as public, but not visible.

I've taken your advice. and as you said I can delete all the files again. Thanks.

Ok i'm getting closer to getting this working exactly as i want it.

I'm in a position where as you said I have my Downloads going to my downloads folder and then within that folder I have a complete folder which is linked to my renamer in couchpotato. Now.... My renamer seems to like to move a few other files with it. Is there anyway to stop any other files getting moved? I'll post my mover setup

EDIT***

Just unticked the unzip option!

And I am still having the issue with the mover not moving the full files. Its only partially moving the files and leaving them unplayable.... really annoying. And I am only allowing it to move the completed files.

moversettings.jpg.09bf6f9249a0845eb28ef3498b764e76.jpg

This has been an issue of mine on and off for some time, that I've tried correcting and gotten no where with.  This issue more than likely doesn't effect just this CP docker, but probably all CP dockers, although I may be completely wrong there and I've just been doing this setup incorrectly the whole time.

As background:

My docker paths:

/media /mnt/user/Movies/

/config /mnt/cache/appdata/couchpotato/

/data /mnt/cache/appdata/Downloads/dst/Movies/

The issue of remote folder scan, with dockers, being the way it is:

If I want to notify kodi, with ONLY the folder being updated (Ie. a movie downloads, I want that folder and ONLY that folder to be added so as to not do a complete folder scan in kodi), it seems that remote folder scan does not work.

For example, on couch's end in the logs:

03-08 12:07:05INFO[tato.core.plugins.scanner] Found 1 movies in the folder /media/Meet.the.Hollowheads.(1989)

and shown in Kodi's debug log:

NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..12:07:05 T:140560681641728 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc12:07:05 T:140560681641728 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted12:07:05 T:140560681641728 WARNING: Process directory '/media/Meet.the.Hollowheads.(1989)' does not exist - skipping scan.

In other words, if I had CP's "Always do a full scan" enabled, it would revert to that, then pick up the movie but only by doing the full scan.  So... how does one get remote scan (much like how sonarr sends a proper remote path notification to kodi) to work in couchpotato, without doing a full video scan?

Has anyone ever been able to get this to work with CP as a docker?

Does the CP setting for Default File Action need to change to Symlink or Link to get this to occur properly? It's never been clear exactly how those settings effect the files, but I always assumed that Move would be the logical answer seeing as you're moving it from the download area to the complete area on the array (although mover doesn't occur til later)

To coincide with those question: Once kodi receives that notification of a new file, will the location it tries to scan (ie retrieve file details, meta info, etc) be from the cache drive or from the array?

Any help would be insanely appreciated.