[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

1 hour ago, Cessquill said:

Progress - kind of.  Tried all of the above, no difference.  Then tried accessing from externally via reverse proxy, and I'm in.  Restored original config/session and it's back to how it was (externally).

Just can't access the web GUI from inside my network.  All other dockers are fine internally (incl 7 other binhex), and I've made no changes to pfSense.  Hadn't tried external links for a year because of lockdown here. My network here isn't complicated, so I'm scratching my head. 

don't have external setup, but also can't access webui, i got error in log - 

2021-02-12 15:19:38,787 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

Unlucky update, container was rock solid past half year for me

rtorrent.rc

Edited by J05u
1 minute ago, J05u said:

parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

can be ignored, its cosmetic issue with parsing PIA's crappy json.

your supervisor log shows a successful start, so no issues with rtorrent.rc file.

Just now, binhex said:

can be ignored, its cosmetic issue with parsing PIA's crappy json.

your supervisor log shows a successful start, so no issues with rtorrent.rc file.

yes, same looks for me:( but can't access webui by some reason ( i deleted old rc )

Add me to the list. After update no web ui access.

Renamed rc file - restart - web ui times out

removed session folder - restart - web ui times out

remove above and force update - web ui time out.

I have made no mods to rc file both original or new one.

tried with Chrome and Firefox on local Lan from desktop and phone, same from external PC and phone via wireguard into unraid

Hello,

I'm struggling as well since the update as I can't access rutorrent from my local network (timed out) when the vpn (pia) is active.

No problem when the vpn is turn off.

I've tried the couple tricks discussed above : remove torrent.rc, reconfigured my openvpn....

I've dowgrade to previous tag and ru torrent went back to life.

Now I'm tring to configure the lastest release with mitigate success.....

I've checked the logs but I can't spot any errors. By the way rtorrent is running as I can see my torrents seeding...

My new torrent.rc match exactly the new one generated after the new update....but no luck with local network access.

So I've tried to set a reverse proxy and it worked !  (Thanks to @Cessquill).

So we might have a hint....

OK guys, for now until i can get to the bottom of why some people can run this ok and others can't im going to roll this back to rtorrent-ps (minus pyrocore), please hold tight whilst i do some testing, i will let you know when its ready to pull.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, binhex said:

OK guys, for now until i can get to the bottom of why some people can run this ok and others can't im going to roll this back to rtorrent-ps (minus pyrocore), please hold tight whilst i do some testing, i will let you know when its ready to pull.

awesome as always binhex, thanks!

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

OK guys its there, please pull tagged 'latest' and you should be back pretty much as it was (minus pyrocore).

Thanks for your work. For now I'm sticking with my conf as it's working.

It's strange that it works with a reverse proxy and not internaly....maybe something with the nginx conf ?

Ok, i give up :(

Still not working

Can i somehow get old release? like 2 days ago for example? 

Ok, i set VPN enabled to NO and webui come back. Probably everything was fine with the new container, but something wrong with PIA servers. I use Netherlands

Edited by J05u
44 minutes ago, J05u said:

Ok, i give up :(

Still not working

Can i somehow get old release? like 2 days ago for example? 

Ok, i set VPN enabled to NO and webui come back. Probably everything was fine with the new container, but something wrong with PIA servers. I use Netherlands

Entering this in your Repository field should get you back to the last stable release:

binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:rtorrent-ps-1.1.r54.ga787dd9-1-28

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, binhex said:

OK guys its there, please pull tagged 'latest' and you should be back pretty much as it was (minus pyrocore).

I pulled latest and still got the same timeout as the one before.   Went back to binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:rtorrent-ps-1.1.r54.ga787dd9-1-28 and it's working again.

6 minutes ago, limes said:

I hope this might help. The container also times out when trying to access the WebUI from port 9080, but it works fine using port 9443. For now I'll stick to the rTorrent release, as I already changed my config one time today.

I confirm it works with me. Thank you

5 minutes ago, limes said:

I hope this might help. The container also times out when trying to access the WebUI from port 9080, but it works fine using port 9443. For now I'll stick to the rTorrent release, as I already changed my config one time today.

Interesting, yep. Still on earlier (new) release and same here. My reverse proxy (NGINX proxy manager) points to 9080 and works (via https and SSL cert) and locally on 9443

9 minutes ago, Rikul said:

I confirm it works with me. Thank you

thanks for restoring my sanity! so for me rollback to rtorrent-ps was seamless, everything works as it was and a clean install of rtorrent-ps also works!, glad its working for you too, by any chance are you also accessing the web ui via 9443? (or host port defined for container port 9443).

hmm so it appears that http is broken for nginx, most probably due to an upgrade of nginx changing the config options perhaps, any nginx guru's please feel free to look at /config/nginx/config/nginx.conf and tell me what looks wrong with it for latest nginx, it certainly seems to work correctly for https 'server' block in the config file.

55 minutes ago, binhex said:

thanks for restoring my sanity! so for me rollback to rtorrent-ps was seamless, everything works as it was and a clean install of rtorrent-ps also works!, glad its working for you too, by any chance are you also accessing the web ui via 9443? (or host port defined for container port 9443).

So with a reverse proxy I can access externaly trough 9443.

My reverse proxy was configured with swag.

Internaly, trough 9080 I got the time out error, but I got acess trough 9443.

All my torrents and my config match the previous container.

I didn't think to try the HTTPS port. That works for me on latest as well, but now I'm seeing this in the logs:

2021-02-12 15:37:43,868 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
/home/nobody/rtorrent.sh: line 24: rtxmlrpc: command not found

2021-02-12 15:40:15,037 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Incoming port range not defined, unable to bind IP address

Everything seems to be working though.

Edited by psycho_asylum
25 minutes ago, psycho_asylum said:

I didn't think to try the HTTPS port. That works for me on latest as well, but now I'm seeing this in the logs:

2021-02-12 15:37:43,868 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
/home/nobody/rtorrent.sh: line 24: rtxmlrpc: command not found

2021-02-12 15:40:15,037 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Incoming port range not defined, unable to bind IP address

Everything seems to be working though.

rtxmlrpc is part of pyrocore. @binhex, without pyrocore we'll not have rtxmlrpc, and reverting to xmlrpc means that port-forwarding will need /RPC2 mounts and we'll be back discussing security shenanigans. I understand that you want to get alway from rtorrent-ps, but can you maybe include an individual release of pyrocore in the image?

• Like 1

So i updated and couldent get to the web gui. Read some recent posts here and figured i had to get a new rtorrent.rc file. Deleted it but still no joy. For fun i disabled my vpn (pia) and then i got in. Looked through the log and all i see is no errors only two warnings

2021-02-13 12:46:46 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-128-cbc' to silence this warning.

2021-02-13 12:46:46 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

(text with yellow background is a warning not error right?)

Got new ovpn file form pia and still same problem (tried a custom config and a couple premade by pia)

So tried some more and figured out that using port 9443 it works... So seems its the same problem as other are having. Didn't realize i had to use https as when just clicking on the web gui uses http...

But like i said earlier it works fine without my vpn on port 9080 if that helps others.

Latest update fixed it for me @binhex Its now working on the usual 9080 port!

Edited by PetterH

hi, i can't seem to limit the maximum numbre of concurrent downloads/uploads. regardless of what i'm entering, all downloads run at once. i'm using

throttle.max_downloads.global.set = 5
throttle.max_uploads.global.set   = 5

how can i resolve this? is this the correct setting?

thx a lot!

6 hours ago, Johnster said:

Is there some tweak so that rutorrent doesn't reset the upload/download stats every time i restart/stop/update the client?

rtorrent.PNG

I believe this info is presented by rtorrent, and rutorrent displays it.  Most clients often reset this when the app is restarted. 

However, by default, the "Trafic" plugin is installed, and you should see a tab that says "Traffic" on the lower portion of the screen. This keeps a running tally of data use by tracker and you can filter it as you please.