unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-beta20 Available

Does someone know how to solve this ssh problem? Before the update ssh worked fine.

root@serverramon:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.sshd start

key_load_public: invalid format

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key

Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key

sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.

Does someone know how to solve this ssh problem? Before the update ssh worked fine.

root@serverramon:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.sshd start

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key

Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key

sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.

You need to post full diagnostics.

I am making a wild guess that you might have 1 of 3 things going on.

1) old versions of keys that use hash methods, protocols, or ciphers that have been blacklisted or disabled for SSH/TLS due to being completely insecure

2) you have a plugin that is overwriting the proper version of openssh included in the root image.

3) your ssh keys have been corrupted on your flash device

Upgraded to beta 20 today, all seems well aside from a missing parity disk, i have 2 1TB discs for my array and a 1.5 for parity, the 1.5 is missing and i am unable to add it from the drop down menu when the array is spun down, any suggestions?

Thanks all

sjhotz

Upgraded to beta 20 today, all seems well aside from a missing parity disk, i have 2 1TB discs for my array and a 1.5 for parity, the 1.5 is missing and i am unable to add it from the drop down menu when the array is spun down, any suggestions?

Thanks all

sjhotz

If you don't currently see your missing parity drive under unassigned devices in the main tab:

1) Stop you array

2) Shutdown

3) open your case, check that your drive is properly connected. check your bios settings

If you DO currently see your missing parity drive under unassigned devices in the main tab:

1) take a snapshot of your array's current state under the main tab and save it for reference (I know you only have a few drives, but just in case).

2) stop your array

3) tools-new config and start over on the main tab. Make sure you reassign your drive the way they were, along with the missing parity one.

4) start your array. A parity check should equally start.

Good luck!

Thank you Jimmy,

It does NOT show up under unassigned devices ( just my drobo and sda sdb sdc, all showing 0 size with format grayed out, so i'm fairly sure it's not there. i'll power it down and check the settings, its currently doing a read check (which i initiated), can i safely stop or should i wait?

Thank you Jimmy,

It does NOT show up under unassigned devices ( just my drobo and sda sdb sdc, all showing 0 size with format grayed out, so i'm fairly sure it's not there. i'll power it down and check the settings, its currently doing a read check (which i initiated), can i safely stop or should i wait?

What do you mean by "a read check"?

Read-Check in progress.     Cancel     Cancel will stop the Read-Check.

I assume it's a fall back from parity check since the parity drive is unavailable?

Anyway it's 10 minutes from complete so i'll let it finish and then check the hardware and bios.

-Steve

I assume it's a fall back from parity check since the parity drive is unavailable?

Anyway it's 10 minutes from complete so i'll let it finish and then check the hardware and bios.

-Steve

Can you provide a screen capture of it?  And your diagnostics.

-Steve

I wonder what your Smart log looks like on that drive  ??? Read-Check? that can't be a good thing my friend! Sounds like an awful lot of reallocated sectors to my ears  :o Hopefully, I'm just wrong and you'll get over this once you've investigated further....

Upgraded to beta 20 and experienced the same label not found error as previous betas. 

Threw caution to the wind and created a new virgin usb unRAID bootdisk and it started fine.  Slight issue with unraid not detecting the filesystem when starting the array resulting in a unmountable drives and brown pants moment.  Changing from 'auto' to xfs for each affected drive fixed the issue and avoided me crying lots.

I've now set up all the dockers, settings and plugins from scratch and very happy with the polish that's went in to the updated webui - good job! 

Since i'm having to remake my windows 10 gaming VM - whats the recommended settings with 6.2?

-Steve

Read check is a new option on v6.2-betas, available when no parity is assigned, it does does just that, reads all disks to check for read errors.

Ahhh! Thanks Johnnie,

Has anyone had success installing SteamOS? i keep getting stuck at Partition Disks, says no root file system defined.

Derp! Forgot to read the notes, apologies all! Set Install disc and OS disc to Sata, SteamOS installing happily!

The whole Intel CPU running at maximum frequency bug is back.  beta18 and beta 19 had my i3-6100T idling at 800MHz/1200MHz no problems, beta 20 it's back to 3200MHZ all the time.  Considering this is a Skylake and not Haswell, what's changed?

If I recall correctly, this was a reporting bug, and not an actual frequency issue.  Not sure how to confirm that ... or if that's actually the case.    Hopefully LT has a fix.

- When necessary to query keyserver, poll up to 45 seconds for a connection.

Does this mean that when booting unraid, that the key check now allows 45seconds for the array to come online and VM's to start. IE virtualised pfsense before the keycheck disables the system for an invalid key ?

Yup the license check is still a piece of crap. Whatever was done in this release is even worse then the previous two. Previously in 18 and 19 i could reach the unraid web gui and would be told invalid license. Now in 20 the web gui won't load at all until i get a WAN connection, this means i have to manually go patch in a router to get internet access for the license check. It is as retarded as it sounds !!

I really don't know why more focus isn't placed on resolving this rather poorly thought out license validation and wasting effort on throw away inclusions like updating firefox in the console gui who no one asked for / wants / even needs.

Upgraded to 6.2.0-beta20 and array would not start due to four disks missing. I have a diagnostics file from before and after the upgrade.

My understanding from reading through the previous release posts is that this could be related to the marvel SATA controller that is integrated into this motherboard. Four drives are connected to the Marvel controllers. Prior to the upgrade all disks have functioned properly and this has never been a problem in the past. I checked my Bios firmware and I believe that I am on the most recent version for the GA-990FXA-UD5.

I have an LSI SATA SAS2008 RAID controller card plugged into the motherboard that has been flashed into IT mode that currently does not have any drives connected to it.

Should I power down and connect the drives currently attached to the Marvel SATA controllers to the SAS2008? (I have not tried this card - just flashed it recently and then installed it)

Or should I downgrade the software and then look at switching those drives over to the SAS2008 card?

Is there some way of upgrading the driver for the Marvel SATA controller? I would still like to be able to use those ports and they have always worked well in the past.

tower-diagnostics-20160328-0834.zip

tower-diagnostics-20160328-0843_after_upgrade.zip

Any chance of updating Midnight Commander to the latest version? 4.8.10 came out in mid 2013, they are on 4.8.16 now.

Any chance you read the release notes?  :D

- mc: version 4.8.16

/Facepalm

Yikes, sorry, I didn't see it in the previous releases, and I did a ctrl-f on this page for "Midnight"

Sorry about that

Read check is a new option on v6.2-betas, available when no parity is assigned, it does does just that, reads all disks to check for read errors.

Thanks!  It's not listed in any of the beta release notes, perhaps should be as it's a new feature, even if minor.