[Support] cheesemarathons repo

15 hours ago, WexfordStyle said:

Has anyone tried using VNC Web Browser in a reverse proxy?

I can get it to work but it doesn't connect to the VNC for some reason, so it never prompts me for the password. Works fine locally though....

Any ideas?

I really wouldn't open this up to the internet! I can't vouch for how secure it is! If you want to access it remotely I would recommend connecting through a VPN. However, if you do insist, try to proxy the web client instead. It uses noVNC. There are some instructions for NGINX here .

Edited by cheesemarathon
2 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

I really wouldn't open this up to the internet! I can't vouch for how secure it is! If you want to access it remotely I would recommend connecting through a VPN. However, if you do insist, try to proxy the web client instead. It uses noVNC. There are some instructions for NGINX here .

Just out of curiosity. What is the purpose of having this if you aren't using it through a proxy. I guess I assume that if you're on a computer to access this you already have a web browser.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out! :D

Edited by WexfordStyle

I'm struggling with steamcache and steamcache-dns.  I've installed both dockers and given them their own IP addresses.  in the steamcache-dns container I've pointed the STEAMCACHE_IP variable to the IP I assigned to steamcache (using the instructions linked in the post).  I've updated a computer's DNS records to the IP assigned to steamcache-dns.  It downloads games correct and caches them correctly (I see the red text, I uninstall and then the green text appears when I reinstall).

For some reason, now I can't access any website except google from any of my web browsers?  (maybe some others?, but google is the only one I've been able to access so far)

I can ping google and I can't ping any other sites that I try. 

Where do I start trying to troubleshoot this?  I'm afraid it isn't forwarding properly, but I'm not sure how to even check.

3 hours ago, ColeBrodine said:

I'm struggling with steamcache and steamcache-dns.  I've installed both dockers and given them their own IP addresses.  in the steamcache-dns container I've pointed the STEAMCACHE_IP variable to the IP I assigned to steamcache (using the instructions linked in the post).  I've updated a computer's DNS records to the IP assigned to steamcache-dns.  It downloads games correct and caches them correctly (I see the red text, I uninstall and then the green text appears when I reinstall).

For some reason, now I can't access any website except google from any of my web browsers?  (maybe some others?, but google is the only one I've been able to access so far)

I can ping google and I can't ping any other sites that I try. 

Where do I start trying to troubleshoot this?  I'm afraid it isn't forwarding properly, but I'm not sure how to even check.

After doing some more research, this appears to be related to ipv6.  If I disable the ipv6 functionality on my network adapter all pages start to load properly.  I'd like to make this the default DNS for my router to hand out, so I'll do some more research.  It would be better if I didn't have to go disabling ipv6 on all my devices.

12 hours ago, ColeBrodine said:

Sorry for all the replies, but I seemed to figure it out now.  I also had some DNS settings in my router checked.  Once I unchecked these it worked fine.  Look deep in your router settings if you are having problems.

Peplink_DNS_Proxy_Settings.PNG

Well done for sorting it out. Sorry I took so long to reply but you posted in the middle of the night here in the UK :-P Did you get it to work with IPv6 or did you have to leave that disabled?

9 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

Well done for sorting it out. Sorry I took so long to reply but you posted in the middle of the night here in the UK :-P Did you get it to work with IPv6 or did you have to leave that disabled?

I did end up leaving it disabled, but just because I haven't tried it that way yet.  I'll try to maybe turn it back on and see what happens.  I only have so much data cap (hence using this container :) ) so I probably won't get it tested right away.  I burned through quite a bit trying to figure out my DNS issue.

17 hours ago, josywong said:

steamcache dns need to have UPSTREAM_DNS added.

add UPSTREAM_DNS ur.local.dns.ip / quad.9 / google.dns

otherwise will broke dns query other than steam related

17 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

Thanks for the heads up

Just added that option, the update should appear soon

Sorry just noticed that I did the update wrong. A fixed version should be available in the next 2 hours.

12 hours ago, senseiner said:

A question regarding Cloud Commander:

Is it possible to run the container with another non-root user?

Since moving or copying a file using the web interface, the file permissions are changed to root instead of the original or nobody/user.

Thanks.

Should not be a problem.

I'll attempt the changes later today.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:50 AM, cheesemarathon said:

@senseiner

I have had a look at your request again and I believe this feature will require building into the docker image. I'm not the author of this container image, however, I have opened an issue on GitHub with the author to try and come up with a solution. I'll post updates here when necessary.

Thank you very much for watching this and for the update

On 3/14/2018 at 10:47 AM, cheesemarathon said:

@senseiner

Got a method to sort this. Edit the cloud commander container and in the "Extra Parameters" box enter

-u 99:100

Click apply and now any changes or moves or creations should be made with the user nobody

When you upload a file, it does it with the "99" permissions, this is correct.

When you copy a file for example from /mnt/user/Downloads/complete (which is in the cache) to /mnt/user/Media/Movies (regular share) it also does it with the correct permissions "99"

The problem comes when you move a file as in the case above, from /mnt/user/Downloads/complete to /mnt/user/Media/Movies, yes, it moves the files with the correct permissions, BUT, once you move them, the file is still in the cache and not in the corresponding share.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the container itself or with the permissions, but this is a big issue because of the mix of files between the cache and the regular share.

Although I'm not a great Docker expert,  I can try to create an image this weekend and take a look.

Besides that, I think it is a good application and with a lot of potential, since it not only allows you to handle files with double panel and visually, being a good alternative to Midnight Commander, Krusader and Dolphin, but also connect Dropbox, Drive etc.

Anyway, many thanks for taking a look

Cheers

14 hours ago, senseiner said:

Thank you very much for watching this and for the update

When you upload a file, it does it with the "99" permissions, this is correct.

When you copy a file for example from /mnt/user/Downloads/complete (which is in the cache) to /mnt/user/Media/Movies (regular share) it also does it with the correct permissions "99"

The problem comes when you move a file as in the case above, from /mnt/user/Downloads/complete to /mnt/user/Media/Movies, yes, it moves the files with the correct permissions, BUT, once you move them, the file is still in the cache and not in the corresponding share.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the container itself or with the permissions, but this is a big issue because of the mix of files between the cache and the regular share.

Although I'm not a great Docker expert,  I can try to create an image this weekend and take a look.

Besides that, I think it is a good application and with a lot of potential, since it not only allows you to handle files with double panel and visually, being a good alternative to Midnight Commander, Krusader and Dolphin, but also connect Dropbox, Drive etc.

Anyway, many thanks for taking a look

Cheers

This is hard for me to debug as I don't have a cache disk. However, I have tried moving files between shares and I don't get any issues where it doesn't move it. Therefore I'm assuming its either a permissions issue, most likely with the target directory, or some other issue that is limited to cache drives. To test the permissions theory I would create a blank file owned by 99 and group 100 and the same for a directory in a different location. Make sure the permissions on the file and directory are 777 to rule out lack of permissions and try to move the file to the new directory.

Hi - I just updated to the latest cloud commander and none of the buttons at the bottom work for me?

They were working fine in the version I was running before, so not sure whats happened.

I've tried redeploying the image but it didnt help.

Any ideas?

EDIT - I just tried it in chrome and it works there so its an issue in firefox. hmmm....

EDIT 2 - Actually just tried moving a file in chrome and it caused the docker to exit. Think there is an issue with 8.4.0

Edited by inamak
update
31 minutes ago, inamak said:

Hi - I just updated to the latest cloud commander and none of the buttons at the bottom work for me?

They were working fine in the version I was running before, so not sure whats happened.

Any ideas?

EDIT - I just tried it in chrome and it works there so its an issue in firefox. hmmm....

EDIT 2 - Actually just tried moving a file in chrome and it caused the docker to exit. Think there is an issue with 8.4.0

Hi, I just removed my container and recreated it to force it to pull the latest version. The only thing that persisted was the config file. I tested before and after and the buttons seemed to work. I tried moving, renaming and opening and using the console. This was all done in chrome. Only thing I can think is make sure chrome/firefox are up to date and then delete the container (including image) and then delete the cloudcmd folder in your appdata folder. After this, you can recreate the container from community applications.

There is an option to not display those buttons in the config file but if you can see them then they should work. But maybe your config has gone a little awry, hence the suggested refresh. If the issue persists after this I suggest that you open an issue here. Let me know how you get on.

8 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

Hi, I just removed my container and recreated it to force it to pull the latest version. The only thing that persisted was the config file. I tested before and after and the buttons seemed to work. I tried moving, renaming and opening and using the console. This was all done in chrome. Only thing I can think is make sure chrome/firefox are up to date and then delete the container (including image) and then delete the cloudcmd folder in your appdata folder. After this, you can recreate the container from community applications.

There is an option to not display those buttons in the config file but if you can see them then they should work. But maybe your config has gone a little awry, hence the suggested refresh. If the issue persists after this I suggest that you open an issue here. Let me know how you get on.

47 minutes ago, inamak said:

Any ideas?

Ok, I have managed to cause a crash when renaming as well now. Your right it's an error in 8.4.0. Issue found here. It is fixed in version 8.4.1 and version 8.5.0 was released a few hours ago. The docker image should be updated soon, I imagine as soon as the automated build has completed. This should fix the issue.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:46 PM, cheesemarathon said:

Ok, I have managed to cause a crash when renaming as well now. Your right it's an error in 8.4.0. Issue found here. It is fixed in version 8.4.1 and version 8.5.0 was released a few hours ago. The docker image should be updated soon, I imagine as soon as the automated build has completed. This should fix the issue.

Hey - any update on getting this to 8.5.0? I tried a force update and also tried recreating the container but it is still 8.4.0

Cheers!

9 minutes ago, inamak said:

Hey - any update on getting this to 8.5.0? I tried a force update and also tried recreating the container but it is still 8.4.0

Cheers!

I'm not the creator of this docker image. I just created and uploaded the template so we could use it easily in unRAID. However, I have just created an issue on Github asking why there is not an 8.5.0 image available yet. Hopefully, we will get a response soon.

Thanks for letting me know it still hadn't been updated