Preclear plugin

ok, thanks!  Just to make sure I have the latest and greatest, I decided to Remove it again and then use Community Apps to install.  It installed the 2016.9.26 version and not the current one.

Looks like Community Apps needs to be updated.

Don't know what you saw, but just tried it and CA installs the correct version (2016.10.26)

Again, if using CA, then does it copy the script files for you?

CA always installs whatever plugin URL the author has set.  (In this case, its identical to the one that gfjardim just posted above).  Whatever the .plg decides to install is set by the author and it makes no difference as to whether or not its installed via CA or manually via the plugins tab.  The result is always the same between them both.  (CA calls the plugin manager to install the URL).

As to whether or not the script(s) are installed, I'm not sure, as I haven't had a need to run preclear for a while now....

What happened to 2016.9.27?  Now the link on page 1 and the CA installs 2016.9.26??

So it sounds like the copy of the script is still a manual process.  If that is true, then I'm only installing the plugin and still need to manually copy the script file.  Where do I get the latest and greatest script file?

2016.10.26 is offering to preclear my parity disk and 1 member of my array. I have no extra disks, was just looking for grins. Parity is on mobo port  & sdb is on my Areca ARC-1231ML HBA.

Same here. I had 3 drivers showing up via unassigned devices as expected. But 3 more array devices show up in the preclear plugin screen, one of which was parity 2. Areca is involved in this server as well using the dynamix SCSI plugin.

via Tapatalk

2016.10.26 is offering to preclear my parity disk and 1 member of my array. I have no extra disks, was just looking for grins. Parity is on mobo port  & sdb is on my Areca ARC-1231ML HBA.

Same here. I had 3 drivers showing up via unassigned devices as expected. But 3 more array devices show up in the preclear plugin screen, one of which was parity 2. Areca is involved in this server as well using the dynamix SCSI plugin.

via Tapatalk

Unassigned Devices is working ok for you, guys?

via Tapatalk

Unassigned Devices is working ok for you, guys?

Yes it is for me.

via Tapatalk

I asked this question in the CA thread, but Squid didn't really have an answer. What happens if the Preclear Plugin auto updates while a pre clear is running? Will the update fail and have to be performed again later or will the pre clear fail and have to be started over again after the update?

For now I have followed Squid's advise and disabled auto updating for Preclear.

I asked this question in the CA thread, but Squid didn't really have an answer. What happens if the Preclear Plugin auto updates while a pre clear is running? Will the update fail and have to be performed again later or will the pre clear fail and have to be started over again after the update?

For now I have followed Squid's advise and disabled auto updating for Preclear.

It's safe to update.

Yes it is for me.

via Tapatalk

that is correct

No unassigned disks available.

No Remote SMB/NFS or Iso File Shares configured.

Could you please update and test if this error has been corrected?

Yes, this have fixed the array drives from showing up, thanks....

I am still getting an intermittent failure to do the post read as follows:

############################################################################################                                        unRAID Server Pre-Clear of disk /dev/sdp                                          #
#                                       Cycle 1 of 1, partition start on sector 64.                                        #
#                                                                                                                          #
#                                                                                                                          #
#   Step 1 of 5 - Pre-read verification:                                                    [6:42:18 @ 82 MB/s] SUCCESS    #
#   Step 2 of 5 - Zeroing the disk:                                                         [6:33:30 @ 84 MB/s] SUCCESS    #
#   Step 3 of 5 - Writing unRAID's Preclear signature:                                                          SUCCESS    #
#   Step 4 of 5 - Verifying unRAID's Preclear signature:                                                        SUCCESS    #
#   Step 5 of 5 - Post-Read verification:                                                      [0:00:00 @ MB/s] SUCCESS    #

How can it do a post read in 0 seconds??

Hey, quick question.  I have both yours and JoeL's script showing, but I only want to use yours.  Do you know how I remove Joe's?  I know we used to have to manually download it and stick it somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Thanks!

~Spritz

Did you try reading the first post in the thread?

Doesn't want to download via Firefox or Chrome... (6.3rc3)

warning:%20copy(/var/log/preclear.disk.log):%20failed%20to%20open%20stream:%20No%20such%20file%20or%20directory%20in%20/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Download.php%20on%20line%2023/log/SERVER1-preclear.disk-20161030-1316.zip

Please hit "Help" and post a copy of your log.

kDYiTYq.png

var/log doesn't have a preclear.disk.log file to send you... after checking with MC on 6.3rc3

warning:%20copy(/var/log/preclear.disk.log):%20failed%20to%20open%20stream:%20No%20such%20file%20or%20directory%20in%20/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Download.php%20on%20line%2023/log/SERVER1-preclear.disk-20161030-1316.zip

kDYiTYq.png

var/log doesn't have a preclear.disk.log file to send you... after checking with MC on 6.3rc3

kDYiTYq.png

Yep, figured that already. Could you start a Varify All the Disk and tell if it failed again?

• Squid featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
  • Squid unpinned this topic