[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

2 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Are you using a Microsoft account? Are you using Windows Hello to login even with just a pin? If so you have to login with your password at least once so that it’s cached. After that RDP should work fine and you can go back to using Windows Hello to login locally.

Thank you for replying - I fixed it and edited my post

3 minutes ago, Danuel said:

ctrl+c , ctrl+v not working on a SSH

i just stared using this trying to replace a terminal that i have installed

this is critical since i am not able to use the commands above

not sure if this is a bug or not, or maybe i am doing something wrong 

You’ll need to hit ctrl+alt+shift and paste it in the clipboard area.

• 1 month later...

I have a strange issue. I have two laptops that are connected by hardwire ethernet. I use Home Assistant wake on lan integration and both machines wake up fine. I have static ips and static arp entries. Windows 10 and 11.

In network adapter properties I have the same settings and like I said, wol works fine except in Guacamole on the Sony laptop. 

Home Assistant

- platform: wake_on_lan
    mac: 48:2A:E3:2A:BC:A9
    name: Thinkpad_WOL
    host: 192.168.0.214

works

- platform: wake_on_lan
    mac: 54:42:49:56:9F:5A
    name: Sony_WOL
    host: 192.168.0.166

works

Using Guacamole the Thinkpad wakes fine

Send WoL packet: Yes

MAC address of the remote host:  48:2A:E3:2A:BC:A9

Broadcast address for WoL packet: 255.255.255.255

UDP port for WoL packet: 9

Host boot wait time:

works

The Sony will not wake up

Send WoL packet: Yes

MAC address of the remote host: 54:42:49:56:9F:5A

Broadcast address for WoL packet: 255.255.255.255

UDP port for WoL packet: 9

doesn't work

Edit- I can even wake the Sony machine over the internet here

https://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/woli

using the MAC and my external ip.

Edit edit- I should have mentioned that I am running Guacamole 0.9.13 on an Unraid server in bridge mode.

Edited by flurec
add info, more info
  • 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for a great docker.

I have a problem, I cant upgrade past 1.4.0.3 version. 

After experiencing some issues in the past I decided to stay on 1.4.0.3 on my main work server. 

However, after testing to install the latest Guacamole on my home machine (no previous versions installed) and testing it, I decided to upgrade my work machine. 

However when I update I get a 404 message when trying to access the WebGui 

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

Type Status Report

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

After rolling back via the Appdata Backup plugin, it works again. I tried 2 more times with restarts in between still the same result. I am unable to update 1.4.0.3 to the latest version of Guacamole. 

Log reads: Using existing properties file.
Copying MySQL exte

nsion.
Copying TOTP extension.
Updating user permissions.
Database exists.
Database upgrade not needed.
2023-12-05 00:03:42,808 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord.conf" during parsing
2023-12-05 00:03:42,808 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2023-12-05 00:03:42,810 INFO supervisord started with pid 29
2023-12-05 00:03:43,812 INFO spawned: 'guacd' with pid 30
2023-12-05 00:03:43,814 INFO spawned: 'mariadb' with pid 31
2023-12-05 00:03:43,815 INFO spawned: 'tomcat' with pid 32
guacd[30]: INFO:        Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 1.5.3 started
guacd[30]: INFO:        Listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 4822
2023-12-05 00:03:43,829 WARN exited: tomcat (exit status 1; not expected)
2023-12-05 00:03:44,839 INFO success: guacd entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2023-12-05 00:03:44,839 INFO success: mariadb entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2023-12-05 00:03:44,841 INFO spawned: 'tomcat' with pid 50
2023-12-05 00:03:45,858 INFO success: tomcat entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

I am completely clueless why it is not working and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Guacamole works great when I use it to connect to other computers on my network, but when I attempt to connect to a VM on Unraid it wont connect. I've created a custom docker network, and enabled host access. That and leaving the network as bridge I have the same results. Any help is appreciated. 

14 hours ago, bmoa89 said:

Guacamole works great when I use it to connect to other computers on my network, but when I attempt to connect to a VM on Unraid it wont connect. I've created a custom docker network, and enabled host access. That and leaving the network as bridge I have the same results. Any help is appreciated. 

I think you need to have "Host access to custom networks" enabled in Docker settings.

working fine here with VM's

and you are sure your VM is capable to RDP ? tested with another computer on the network and used RDP into the VM ?

I haven’t tried rdp but with vnc I am able to connect to a raspberry on my network. The vm I want to connect to is Ubuntu so it should be a vnc connection after I turn on remote desktop and control correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 hour ago, bmoa89 said:

I haven’t tried rdp but with vnc I am able to connect to a raspberry on my network. The vm I want to connect to is Ubuntu so it should be a vnc connection after I turn on remote desktop and control correct?

ok, VNC then

did you try to connect to your VM via VNC from another computer yet ? also needs to be enabled ...

ok, VNC then

did you try to connect to your VM via VNC from another computer yet ? also needs to be enabled ...

Vnc is enabled from Ubuntu settings I’ll play with vnc when I get home in front of my laptop. I was not able to connect to my vm from my raspberry while using guacamole. There’s to many moving parts there for me to have any good trouble shooting now. Thank you both for your help so far, I’ll be back in a couple hours.

7 hours ago, bmoa89 said:

Vnc is enabled from Ubuntu settings I’ll play with vnc when I get home in front of my laptop

ok, and also remember to difference

1/ when using VNC from Unraid side to use your VM, its using noVNC web and also Unraid IP < not for guac

2/ when VNC is enabled in your VM, its using native VNC (correct) and you connect to the VM IP which differs from Unraid IP

ok, and also remember to difference

1/ when using VNC from Unraid side to use your VM, its using noVNC web and also Unraid IP < not for guac
2/ when VNC is enabled in your VM, its using native VNC (correct) and you connect to the VM IP which differs from Unraid IP

Yep I got that, when I tried to connect to the vm from home I got an error that realvnc couldn’t find any open ports. A port scan showed me that there are no open ports on the vms ip. Before I beat my head against the wall trouble shooting ports on Ubuntu is there a setting in Unraid that I missed?

2 minutes ago, bmoa89 said:

Before I beat my head against the wall trouble shooting ports on Ubuntu is there a setting in Unraid that I missed?

nope ... thats all done in the VM only, nothing todo on the host side (unraid) to use remote connections to a VM.

so what would i do, startup the VM, setup VNC inside the VM, check from another computer in the network if its working as expected, then go the guac way to get it running inside your browser ;)

10 hours ago, bmoa89 said:

Got it working thank you for everyone that helped!

glad to hear

10 hours ago, bmoa89 said:

Ubuntu shares port 3389 for rpd instead of vnc 5900

just as note, these are 2 different storys and protocols ;)

VNC is a remote protocol (standard using port 5900)

RDP is a remote protocol (standard using port 3389)

which can also run side by side ... 2 different things ;) just as note for future projects ...

i would (personally) always prefer RDP as its "smoother" overall, VNC is easier ... RDP is common in the Win world ;)

I've been having issues connecting to a Windows box via RDP since the latest update ( 1.5.4 ).  I can ping the host from the docker console fine, I can connect to the Windows machine via other RDP services fine ( RD ios app, windows Remote Desktop ).  No guac setting or network changes have been made.  I've tried restarting the docker image.  Not sure where to go from here.

UPDATE: rolled back image with :1.5.2 tag and its back up and running for me.

guac_rdp.png.0e62ac9863b76ec1f87bcbed958d7013.png

guac_docker_log.thumb.png.8f09bb6fc8c4ee6693bf83332892e781.png

Edited by sentient-russ
Update