Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] NUT v2 - Network UPS Tools

Featured Replies

On 5/15/2026 at 1:22 PM, NoRaid99 said:

I see a other big problem when replacing Lead-Bat. to Li-Bat. for UPS. Keeping them constantly at 100% charging level is realy bad. I would say it is a security risk.

If you go for Li-Bat. then buy a UPS that is build for that.

Hi , no the Li-batteries are actually not charged 100% , because the APC ups charger charges only upto 13.6v and than cuts off automatically and Li- batteries need 14.8v to be said as 100% charged the Li batteries are just 85 to 90% charged .

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Views 489.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am stopping updates for my version of the plugin. Update to the latest version 2023.09.17 and then you can remove my version and install Rysz's from CA and it will retain your configs.   T

  • Released 2023.07.26, @ich777 is creating a new package for me to use, and I want to look to move to 2.8 as the default version but will need to check upgrade path works ok.

  • That APC BX series is known to suffer from this (what we believe to be) firmware issue and we've put patches in place to suppress this unwanted behaviour on the UPS side. Here's how you can set it up:

Posted Images

4 hours ago, NoRaid99 said:

-like this they never get balanced!!!

They should unless they have a shitty BMS

4 hours ago, NoRaid99 said:

-perhaps the Max. Continuous Discharge Current is not high enought

You need to choose the correct size/rating obviously

4 hours ago, NoRaid99 said:

-perhaps the Recommended charging current is not set to the right value and could be to high

Again check ratings, but lead acid charge from UPSes is way slower than anything Li can handle (usually your UPS will need 12h+ to recharge)

4 hours ago, NoRaid99 said:

-possibly the lead-bat. gets charged sometimes with more then the 13.6V. Usualy 14.2V would be the voltage to keep lead-bat. at charge level.

Still less than LiFe

There are plenty of Li-Fe batteries that are meant to be used as direct replacement for lead acid batteries.

Edited by Kilrah

2 hours ago, NoRaid99 said:

If the cells do not get charged up to 100% some times, there will be no satisfactory balancing. At least 3.5-3.55V per cell is needed for this to even start the process.

All are depends on system design, there are no correct or wrong. You can design continue balancing also fine. The key point are when balancing start, how much power will waste, that's why you will found balancing start in above conditions for old type balancer.

Balance current are depends on cell voltage different and the max current of the balancer support, unless you have boost circuit to speed up that process.

3 hours ago, NoRaid99 said:

It is like running your diesel car with sunflower oil. Just don't do it, if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

In fact, charging different battery are dealing on current / voltage, that's not proper comparison.

Hi, I've been using the NUT plugin for a while and have noticed that the UPS doesn't turn off after the server shuts down! It's set to do so. Have I missed something? Screenshots attached.

Thanks, Tim

Screenshot 2026-05-23 11.55.16.png

Screenshot 2026-05-23 11.54.52.png

Screenshot 2026-05-23 11.54.18.png

Screenshot 2026-05-23 11.53.58.png

1 minute ago, NoRaid99 said:

Does your UPS support this switch-off function after auto shutdown the server?

Yes, in the manual, it of course refers to Powershute for Windows!

Just curious, I've installed the app, and each morning I'm finding NUT has shutdown my UNRAID Server. I don't see anything that might be causing it, was curious if anyone might have any idea's

I noticed this flag is set to 0 could this be why the UPS doesn't switch off? If so shouldn't the GUI change the flag setting?

driver.flag.allow_killpower

0

@NoRaid99 Thanks for the info. I'll check through it all and post back!

after i updated to 7.3.1 from 7.2.x NUT stoped working for me from time to time.

my syslog is full of this:



Jun  2 11:00:01 Unraid-1 move: mover: started
Jun  2 11:00:01 Unraid-1 move: mover: finished
Jun  2 11:47:32 Unraid-1 usbhid-ups[12652]: nut_libusb_get_interrupt: Input/Output Error
Jun  2 11:47:34 Unraid-1 usbhid-ups[12652]: Reconnecting. If you saw "nut_libusb_get_interrupt: Input/Output Error" or similar message in the log above, try setting "pollonly" flag in "ups.conf" options section for this driver!
Jun  2 11:47:51 Unraid-1 upsd[12656]: Data for UPS [UnraidUPS] is stale - check driver
Jun  2 11:47:56 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:47:56 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Communications with UPS [email protected] lost
Jun  2 11:48:01 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:48:06 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:48:11 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:48:16 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:48:21 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale

Syslog and nut debug is attched.

unraid-1-syslog-20260602-1110.zip nut-debug-20260602131115.zip

47 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

after i updated to 7.3.1 from 7.2.x NUT stoped working for me from time to time.

my syslog is full of this:



Jun  2 11:00:01 Unraid-1 move: mover: started
Jun  2 11:00:01 Unraid-1 move: mover: finished
Jun  2 11:47:32 Unraid-1 usbhid-ups[12652]: nut_libusb_get_interrupt: Input/Output Error
Jun  2 11:47:34 Unraid-1 usbhid-ups[12652]: Reconnecting. If you saw "nut_libusb_get_interrupt: Input/Output Error" or similar message in the log above, try setting "pollonly" flag in "ups.conf" options section for this driver!
Jun  2 11:47:51 Unraid-1 upsd[12656]: Data for UPS [UnraidUPS] is stale - check driver
Jun  2 11:47:56 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:47:56 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Communications with UPS [email protected] lost
Jun  2 11:48:01 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:48:06 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:48:11 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:48:16 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Jun  2 11:48:21 Unraid-1 upsmon[12659]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale

Syslog and nut debug is attched.

unraid-1-syslog-20260602-1110.zip nut-debug-20260602131115.zip

If it's after an update, it's usually kernel (USB driver) related, check this post for information:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/60217-plugin-nut-v2-network-ups-tools/?do=findComment&comment=1350269

can anyone help me configure my ups ugreen US3000 ,i have already updated the firmware of it and in the nut config added the lines mentioned in previous posts but it still does not get recognized. please find the debug log and screenshots of my settings in nut below.

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-21 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-45 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

nut-debug-20260609082354.zip

Edited by Ruubdoy

In the last few weeks (I think it started since updating to Unraid 7.3.1 from 7.2.4) the connection to the UPS stops working after few days, if I try to stop the NUT service and start it again the following error is shown in the log:

Jun 10 11:30:53 Tower ool www[729600]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/nut-dw/scripts/start
Jun 10 11:30:54 Tower rc.nut: Writing NUT configuration...
Jun 10 11:30:56 Tower rc.nut: Updating permissions for NUT...
Jun 10 11:30:56 Tower rc.nut: Adding UDEV lines to rc.6 for NUT...
Jun 10 11:30:56 Tower rc.nut: Checking if the NUT Runtime Statistics Module should be enabled...
Jun 10 11:30:56 Tower rc.nut: Disabling the NUT Runtime Statistics Module...
Jun 10 11:30:57 Tower rc.nut: Network UPS Tools upsdrvctl - UPS driver controller 2.8.5 release
Jun 10 11:30:57 Tower rc.nut: Network UPS Tools 2.8.5 release - Generic HID driver 0.71
Jun 10 11:30:57 Tower rc.nut: USB communication driver (libusb 1.0) 0.53
Jun 10 11:31:03 Tower rc.nut: Driver exited abnormally
Jun 10 11:31:03 Tower kernel: usbhid-ups[736883]: segfault at 7ffc148c9000 ip 0000000000414f3d sp 00007ffc148c4f80 error 4 in usbhid-ups[14f3d,403000+27000] likely on CPU 0 (core 0, socket 0)
Jun 10 11:31:03 Tower kernel: Code: 44 24 38 ff d0 85 c0 0f 8f 06 05 00 00 83 7d 00 01 7e 13 48 8d 35 2b 55 02 00 bf 02 00 00 00 31 c0 e8 07 db 00 00 49 83 c5 04 <45> 8b 65 00 8b 45 00 45 85 e4 78 f0 83 f8 01 0f 8e 3b ff ff ff 31
Jun 10 11:31:04 Tower kernel: usb 3-2: USB disconnect, device number 3
Jun 10 11:31:04 Tower kernel: usb 3-2: new full-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
Jun 10 11:31:07 Tower kernel: hid-generic 0003:0463:FFFF.0005: hiddev96,hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Device [EATON 5E] on usb-0000:2c:00.3-2/input0

I never had errors with this UPS after it stops working the only way to fix it is to reboot Unraid, any idea how to debug this issue?

Hello,

Thank you for this very useful NUT plugin. Thanks a lot.

I only have one UPS, which supports three NAS. The power draw is high, and the UPS can only provide about 2 minutes of power. So I want to set the "time on battery" for the three NAS to 0s, 30s, and 1min, so that all three NAS can shut down safely in sequence.

In the NUT plugin, when setting the "time on battery", the shortest time I can set is 1 minute. May I ask, if I want to set the "time on battery" to 0s or 10s, how can I configure that? Thank you.

On 6/9/2026 at 8:35 AM, Ruubdoy said:

can anyone help me configure my ups ugreen US3000 ,i have already updated the firmware of it and in the nut config added the lines mentioned in previous posts but it still does not get recognized. please find the debug log and screenshots of my settings in nut below.

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-21 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-45 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

nut-debug-20260609082354.zip

After days of raking my brains out with no help ,I finally managed to fix it.

On 6/9/2026 at 8:35 AM, Ruubdoy said:

can anyone help me configure my ups ugreen US3000 ,i have already updated the firmware of it and in the nut config added the lines mentioned in previous posts but it still does not get recognized. please find the debug log and screenshots of my settings in nut below.

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-21 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-45 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

nut-debug-20260609082354.zip

After 5 days of raking my brains out with no help from anywhere ,I finally managed to fix it.

On 6/9/2026 at 8:35 AM, Ruubdoy said:

can anyone help me configure my ups ugreen US3000 ,i have already updated the firmware of it and in the nut config added the lines mentioned in previous posts but it still does not get recognized. please find the debug log and screenshots of my settings in nut below.

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-21 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-45 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

nut-debug-20260609082354.zip

After days of raking my brains out with no help ,I finally managed to fix it.

On 6/9/2026 at 8:35 AM, Ruubdoy said:

can anyone help me configure my ups ugreen US3000 ,i have already updated the firmware of it and in the nut config added the lines mentioned in previous posts but it still does not get recognized. please find the debug log and screenshots of my settings in nut below.

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-21 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 08-34-45 Ruubdoys_NUTsettings.png

nut-debug-20260609082354.zip

After 5 days of raking my brains out with no help from anywhere ,I finally managed to fix it.

On 6/10/2026 at 10:38 AM, thecode said:

In the last few weeks (I think it started since updating to Unraid 7.3.1 from 7.2.4) the connection to the UPS stops working after few days, if I try to stop the NUT service and start it again the following error is shown in the log:

Jun 10 11:30:53 Tower ool www[729600]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/nut-dw/scripts/start
Jun 10 11:30:54 Tower rc.nut: Writing NUT configuration...
Jun 10 11:30:56 Tower rc.nut: Updating permissions for NUT...
Jun 10 11:30:56 Tower rc.nut: Adding UDEV lines to rc.6 for NUT...
Jun 10 11:30:56 Tower rc.nut: Checking if the NUT Runtime Statistics Module should be enabled...
Jun 10 11:30:56 Tower rc.nut: Disabling the NUT Runtime Statistics Module...
Jun 10 11:30:57 Tower rc.nut: Network UPS Tools upsdrvctl - UPS driver controller 2.8.5 release
Jun 10 11:30:57 Tower rc.nut: Network UPS Tools 2.8.5 release - Generic HID driver 0.71
Jun 10 11:30:57 Tower rc.nut: USB communication driver (libusb 1.0) 0.53
Jun 10 11:31:03 Tower rc.nut: Driver exited abnormally
Jun 10 11:31:03 Tower kernel: usbhid-ups[736883]: segfault at 7ffc148c9000 ip 0000000000414f3d sp 00007ffc148c4f80 error 4 in usbhid-ups[14f3d,403000+27000] likely on CPU 0 (core 0, socket 0)
Jun 10 11:31:03 Tower kernel: Code: 44 24 38 ff d0 85 c0 0f 8f 06 05 00 00 83 7d 00 01 7e 13 48 8d 35 2b 55 02 00 bf 02 00 00 00 31 c0 e8 07 db 00 00 49 83 c5 04 <45> 8b 65 00 8b 45 00 45 85 e4 78 f0 83 f8 01 0f 8e 3b ff ff ff 31
Jun 10 11:31:04 Tower kernel: usb 3-2: USB disconnect, device number 3
Jun 10 11:31:04 Tower kernel: usb 3-2: new full-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
Jun 10 11:31:07 Tower kernel: hid-generic 0003:0463:FFFF.0005: hiddev96,hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Device [EATON 5E] on usb-0000:2c:00.3-2/input0

I never had errors with this UPS after it stops working the only way to fix it is to reboot Unraid, any idea how to debug this issue?

Please raise the UPS Debug Level (not the monitor level) to 6 and restart the UPS with that to see the error. Then upload the NUT Debug Package (found in NUT Settings) here.

I have a cyberpower UPS, and my syslog fills up with usbhid-ups[1654118]: nut_libusb_get_report: Input/Output Error.

the UPS is working fine, the dashboard is updating key attributes so i just want to suppress the log file.

I have tried updating the ups.conf with pollonly, pollfrequency = 15 but the log keeps filling up every 15 seconds or so.

I turned on enabled rule based syslog filters

updated the xnut-nospam.conf with

:msg, regex, "nut_libusb.*rror" stop

:msg, regex, "nut_libusb_get.*Input/Output Error" -/var/log/nut-spam

:msg, regex, "nut_libusb_get.*Input/Output Error" stop

restarted syslog and they are still flooding my syslog with the error. Any help would be appreciated.

On 6/14/2026 at 10:14 AM, Rysz said:

Please raise the UPS Debug Level (not the monitor level) to 6 and restart the UPS with that to see the error. Then upload the NUT Debug Package (found in NUT Settings) here.

Before I saw this answer I bumped into https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/3422 and downgraded the NUT driver to 2.8.4 to see if the issue is related to 2.8.5, it is running with 2.8.4 without errors for 3 days, but it is really random so I will let it run for another week, than switch to 2.8.5 with debug level and post back, thanks for the fast reply.

On 6/15/2026 at 1:12 PM, thecode said:

Before I saw this answer I bumped into https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/3422 and downgraded the NUT driver to 2.8.4 to see if the issue is related to 2.8.5, it is running with 2.8.4 without errors for 3 days, but it is really random so I will let it run for another week, than switch to 2.8.5 with debug level and post back, thanks for the fast reply.

With 2.8.4 there is no segfault error in the log, but it did stopped working after few days, with ups driver debug level 6, the only thing shown in the log is:

Jun 17 22:54:34 Tower rc.nut: Network UPS Tools upsdrvctl - UPS driver controller 2.8.4 release
Jun 17 22:54:34 Tower rc.nut: Network UPS Tools 2.8.4 release - Generic HID driver 0.67
Jun 17 22:54:34 Tower rc.nut: USB communication driver (libusb 1.0) 0.50
Jun 17 22:54:35 Tower rc.nut: No matching HID UPS found
Jun 17 22:54:35 Tower rc.nut: Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
Jun 17 22:54:40 Tower kernel: usb 3-2: USB disconnect, device number 3
Jun 17 22:54:41 Tower kernel: usb 3-2: new full-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
Jun 17 22:54:43 Tower kernel: hid-generic 0003:0463:FFFF.0005: hiddev96,hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Device [EATON 5E] on usb-0000:2c:00.3-2/input0

every time I try to start the driver.

In the attached debug package the syslog is showing the error using driver 2.8.4 and the syslog-previous shows the error from 2.8.5

I am pretty sure the problem started when I updated Unraid from 7.2.x to to 7.3.1 and not due to NUT package updates.

nut-debug-20260617225812.zip

EDIT: I switched back the driver to 2.8.5 without reboot of the system and the driver loads correctly (of course still with 2.8.4), I switched back to reboot the system and let it load again with 2.8.5, but I am wondering what does the switch of the driver from 2.8.4 to 2.8.5 without reboot does to fix the issue.

Attached another diagnostics now with the device connected.

nut-debug-20260617232218.zip

Thanks for helping.

Edited by thecode
Add more info

Hello,
I am a complete rookie to any Linux environment and Unraid just so you know, I won't understand a lot without detailed instructions.
I recently bought a APC SMT1000RM2UC Smart-UPS 1000VA LCD RM 2U Rackmount UPS. I was able to get it to work on my primary server no issue (auto config worked) however I have 2 other smaller servers on it and I installed the docker on both and set them to slave. I didn't alter any settings in the GUI's other than the override UPS Power Management but neither show up as slaved to the primary machine. What do I need to do?

Hello,

Thank you for this very useful NUT plugin. Thanks a lot.

I only have one UPS, which supports three NAS. The power draw is high, and the UPS can only provide about 2 minutes of power. So I want to set the "time on battery" for the three NAS to 0s, 30s, and 1min, so that all three NAS can shut down safely in sequence.

In the NUT plugin, when setting the "time on battery", the shortest time I can set is 1 minute. May I ask, if I want to set the "time on battery" to 0s or 10s, how can I configure that? Thank you.

anyone can show load of ecoflow river 3 plus in unraid nut?

I had NUT configured and working well.

Last night, there was a power outage, and the system did not work. It ran on battery until it was empty and then just lost power and shut down.

When I went to check NUT settings this morning, NUT was disabled.

Is it possible that an unRAID update could have disabled NUT? I did not check NUT settings after I upgraded to 7.2.5.

It's configured correctly now, but I am trying to figure out why it didn't work when I needed it to.

Thanks.

Edited by volcs0

When in my system NUT is not working anymore, then it is allways the loss of usb connection.

He said the service was disabled...

But no it doesn't disable itself. Maybe had uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin at some point and forgot to reenable it?

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2026 at 11:08 PM, thecode said:

With 2.8.4 there is no segfault error in the log, but it did stopped working after few days, with ups driver debug level 6, the only thing shown in the log is:

Jun 17 22:54:34 Tower rc.nut: Network UPS Tools upsdrvctl - UPS driver controller 2.8.4 release
Jun 17 22:54:34 Tower rc.nut: Network UPS Tools 2.8.4 release - Generic HID driver 0.67
Jun 17 22:54:34 Tower rc.nut: USB communication driver (libusb 1.0) 0.50
Jun 17 22:54:35 Tower rc.nut: No matching HID UPS found
Jun 17 22:54:35 Tower rc.nut: Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
Jun 17 22:54:40 Tower kernel: usb 3-2: USB disconnect, device number 3
Jun 17 22:54:41 Tower kernel: usb 3-2: new full-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
Jun 17 22:54:43 Tower kernel: hid-generic 0003:0463:FFFF.0005: hiddev96,hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Device [EATON 5E] on usb-0000:2c:00.3-2/input0

every time I try to start the driver.

In the attached debug package the syslog is showing the error using driver 2.8.4 and the syslog-previous shows the error from 2.8.5

I am pretty sure the problem started when I updated Unraid from 7.2.x to to 7.3.1 and not due to NUT package updates.

nut-debug-20260617225812.zip

EDIT: I switched back the driver to 2.8.5 without reboot of the system and the driver loads correctly (of course still with 2.8.4), I switched back to reboot the system and let it load again with 2.8.5, but I am wondering what does the switch of the driver from 2.8.4 to 2.8.5 without reboot does to fix the issue.

Attached another diagnostics now with the device connected.

nut-debug-20260617232218.zip

Thanks for helping.

@Rysz I apologize for tagging you, did you have a chance to look at the attached diagnostics?

Since 7.3.2 the issue happens on another server (again with an Eaton UPS) and very often, so now I can reproduce the problem on two servers once a day both with 2.8.5 and 2.8.4

It is a little bit problematic to be without a working UPS, especially since one of the servers uses ZFS so it is critical to have a UPS shutting down the server before the UPS battery ends and on the other hand I am afraid to downgrade it since I upgraded the ZFS pool.

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.