[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Not sure if its the same issues as others have mentioned recently, will have a read through some pages. But I have had my unraid server off for a few weeks, turned it on the other day and did some updates, now barely any of my binhex dockers load. Same goes for jackett, radarr and sonarr. Emby have deleted and reinstalled but cant seem to get others working even with rolling back to a different version. Anything vital I may have missed?

Edited by Kuwabara89
1 hour ago, Kuwabara89 said:

Not sure if its the same issues as others have mentioned recently, will have a read through some pages. But I have had my unraid server off for a few weeks, turned it on the other day and did some updates, now barely any of my binhex dockers load. Same goes for jackett, radarr and sonarr. Emby have deleted and reinstalled but cant seem to get others working even with rolling back to a different version. Anything vital I may have missed?

I would suggest posting in the appropriate support thread for each docker and include logs for the failed start. Maybe starting with your qbittorrent docker since you have already started here.

After all the highly technical stuff above, I have what i hope is a simple question (part of the solution being qbittorrent-vpn) which is asked out of pure innocence having not long gotten into all this! 😀

I have Qbittorrent-vpn all configured and working as far as i am aware. I am using Sonarr and have nzbplanet set as an indexer and qbittorrent as the download "engine". However whilst Sonarr has the files i want listed and in the queue, it comes up with "Pending : Download Client is unavailable" - which initially i thought reffered to 

Would i be correct in saying that nzbplanet uses Usenet and qbittorrent uses torrents, and so therefore to allow me to use nzbplanet as an indexer i would have to use a usenet account with something like SABnzbd? Or alternatively (to flip it around!), I would need some kind of Torrent indexer to be able to use with qbittorrent??

On 12/21/2023 at 3:26 PM, MaxiWheat said:

Hi everyone, I'm having a very strange memory issue with this docker image.

I am already running an instance of this image in Docker, and it runs pretty smoothly. I seed ~1200 torrents and it idles at around 300MiB of RAM usage according to the Docker page in Unraid.

I'm also running an old rtorrent/rutorrent container serving ~ 2200 torrents (and on average larger than those in current qBT), that I want to migrate to qBittorrent so I created a new binhex-qbittorrentvpn container using the previous one as a template and I took good care of changing all ports and paths (including appdata) to avoid issues. The container started correctly, the webui is accessible (had to do a thing for the login since adminadmin does not work anymore, but I managed to make it work). I then imported all my torrents from rtorrent into the new qbittorrent instance without starting them to be make sure everything is fine before starting to seed. I stopped my rtorrent container to avoid "double-seeding" and started seeding with the new qbittorrent container. 

And then problems began...

Both qbittorrent containers started to increase in memory usage... I did not set a limit to their memory usage so it ended taking all my Unraid RAM (24GB) to the point the WEBUI of Unraid was not accessible anymore: I had to reboot my server. I decided to set a memory limit on the containers at 3GB (first qBT) and 6GB (new qBT) but they maxed it too, sometimes in the container logs the "watchdog-script" detected that qBT was not running anymore (it got killed inside the container) and restarted it and other times the memory stayed at 5.997GiB and the 2 CPU cores I allowed maxed at 100%. All this happening in ~5 minutes.

If I only start one or the other of the qBT container, everything runs fine... but if I run both, dang, the memory goes crazy.

Can someone explain what is going on here ? Am I missing something ? Are there special configs I need to set to avoid issues running this container twice ? Any help would be appreciated. I can also provide more information/context if required.

Ok I think I found what the problem is, or more like how to replicate the issue... I'm not totally sure about the deep root cause, but I have an explaination.

I access each webui by the IP address of my Unraid server with the port (http://10.0.0.xxx:8080 and http://10.0.0.xxx:8081). If I open each webui in different browser tabs at the same time and then interact with them (open settings, change filters, etc.) then the container memory start to grow and grow... as long as I keep the tabs with the webui opened. The problem does not occur if I open a webui alone, close it and open the other. It also happen if I open both with the server name (hostname) instead of the IP address.

I think it has something to do with the cookies and/or the authentication for the URL/Hostname used.

I was using "Bypass authentication for clients in whitelisted IP subnets" with a single address in it so that my main desktop computer could access the webui without provinding a password. Both containers were set that way and the issue occured. If I uncheck this setting and have to provide a password to access the webgui, if I log into one of the webgui, I get disconnected from the other in the other tab, so the problem does not occur, but I can't use both webgui at the same time in the same browser. This can also be solved by using different hostnames to access each webgui (also need to provide the port).

So this is it, if you have more details about this issue or tricks to share, they're welcome

I've just installed binhex-qbittorrentvpn and cannot connect to the webUI or get radarr to connect to it. The webUI gives a connection refused on port 8080 (tried in Chrome/Brave/Edge) and I confirmed that is the configured port in the container. I've tried using localhost and the IP of the unRAID box, but both do the same thing.

Additionally, I've configured it using PIA's provided OpenVPN config which appears to have propagated in the container.

I see no errors in the qb logs and this is radarr's stacktrace:

[Warn] RadarrErrorPipeline: Invalid request Validation failed: 
 -- Host: Unable to connect to qBittorrent 
[Error] QBittorrent: Unable to test qBittorrent 

[v5.2.6.8376] System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (104): Connection reset by peer
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource<System.Int32>.GetResult(Int16 token)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.InitialFillAsync(Boolean async)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.AuthenticationHelper.SendWithNtAuthAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Uri authUri, Boolean async, ICredentials credentials, Boolean isProxyAuth, HttpConnection connection, HttpConnectionPool connectionPool, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.AuthenticationHelper.SendWithAuthAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Uri authUri, Boolean async, ICredentials credentials, Boolean preAuthenticate, Boolean isProxyAuth, Boolean doRequestAuth, HttpConnectionPool pool, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponseAsync(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in ./Radarr.Common/Http/Dispatchers/ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 105
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequestAsync(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in ./Radarr.Common/Http/HttpClient.cs:line 157
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteAsync(HttpRequest request) in ./Radarr.Common/Http/HttpClient.cs:line 70
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in ./Radarr.Common/Http/HttpClient.cs:line 128
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxyV2.IsApiSupported(QBittorrentSettings settings) in ./Radarr.Core/Download/Clients/QBittorrent/QBittorrentProxyV2.cs:line 35
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxySelector.FetchProxy(QBittorrentSettings settings) in ./Radarr.Core/Download/Clients/QBittorrent/QBittorrentProxySelector.cs:line 87
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxySelector.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<GetProxyCache>b__0() in ./Radarr.Core/Download/Clients/QBittorrent/QBittorrentProxySelector.cs:line 82
   at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached`1.Get(String key, Func`1 function, Nullable`1 lifeTime) in ./Radarr.Common/Cache/Cached.cs:line 99
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxySelector.GetProxyCache(QBittorrentSettings settings, Boolean force) in ./Radarr.Core/Download/Clients/QBittorrent/QBittorrentProxySelector.cs:line 82
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxySelector.GetProxy(QBittorrentSettings settings, Boolean force) in ./Radarr.Core/Download/Clients/QBittorrent/QBittorrentProxySelector.cs:line 65
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrent.TestConnection() in ./Radarr.Core/Download/Clients/QBittorrent/QBittorrent.cs:line 414

7 minutes ago, Goofyman23 said:

I've just installed binhex-qbittorrentvpn and cannot connect to the webUI or get radarr to connect to it.

Did you set a secure user/password? The default admin:adminadmin no longer works but there may still be a bug with the process that the qbit devs have setup for setting a new password.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75539-support-binhex-qbittorrentvpn/?do=findComment&comment=1340477

2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Did you set a secure user/password? The default admin:adminadmin no longer works but there may still be a bug with the process that the qbit devs have setup for setting a new password.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75539-support-binhex-qbittorrentvpn/?do=findComment&comment=1340477

I assume this is for the webUI/remote login? There's nothing to set in the container other than VPN credentials. I'm not prompted for anything when trying to reach the webUI; just receive an 'ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED'.

Also, FWIW, I cannot ping the port either

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName 192.168.50.139 -port 8080
WARNING: TCP connect to (192.168.50.139 : 8080) failed

ComputerName           : 192.168.50.139
RemoteAddress          : 192.168.50.139
RemotePort             : 8080
InterfaceAlias         : Wi-Fi
SourceAddress          : 192.168.50.220
PingSucceeded          : True
PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 2 ms
TcpTestSucceeded       : False

I've seen similar issues posted around various forums as well as the FAQ, but I have been unable to figure out a working solution for it. I switched VPNs from PIA w/ openvpn to ProtonVPN with wireguard. Since I made the switch, I can no longer access the webui. Looking at the logs on start-up and while running, there are no errors generated and it appears like the container is connecting to the VPN. I've tried connecting to the webui at the physical server and on a separate local computer to no avail.

32 minutes ago, TaylorM said:

I've seen similar issues posted around various forums as well as the FAQ, but I have been unable to figure out a working solution for it. I switched VPNs from PIA w/ openvpn to ProtonVPN with wireguard. Since I made the switch, I can no longer access the webui. Looking at the logs on start-up and while running, there are no errors generated and it appears like the container is connecting to the VPN. I've tried connecting to the webui at the physical server and on a separate local computer to no avail.

What version of the app do you have installed and if it’s latest, have you configured a secure password?

15 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Sorry, I may have posted the wrong link earlier. Here is the one I meant to post.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75539-support-binhex-qbittorrentvpn/?do=findComment&comment=1329646

Unfortunately same results when I used the older version mentioned in that thread. I get the connection refused (Chrome) and no prompt for login. I also tried opening TCP 8080 in Windows Firewall, and that didn't make any difference (still cannot ping).

Attached my log. 

supervisord.log

15 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I would suggest installing an older version of qbit and making the necessary adjustments to the app as described in the link I posted earlier. If that doesn’t work then attach the supervisord log to your next post. Be sure all vpn users and passwords are redacted.

1 minute ago, Goofyman23 said:

Unfortunately same results when I used the older version mentioned in that thread. I get the connection refused (Chrome) and no prompt for login. I also tried opening TCP 8080 in Windows Firewall, and that didn't make any difference (still cannot ping).

Attached my log. 

supervisord.log 1.26 MB · 0 downloads

Also getting the same results, have tried the extra config line also but nothing successful.

Current release wont run and stops straight away, older release will stay running but not accessible.

15 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

What version of the app do you have installed and if it’s latest, have you configured a secure password?

I'm running the latest version 4.6.2 and yes, there is a secure password set. I did not reinstall the container when switching to the new VPN. I just updated the template.

1 hour ago, Goofyman23 said:

Attached my log. 

From your log- 

[info] Port forwarding is enabled [info] Checking endpoint 'us-newjersey.privacy.network' is port forward enabled... 2023-12-31 13:41:28,110 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: [warn] PIA endpoint 'us-newjersey.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow [info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below 2023-12-31 13:41:28,112 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: [info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:- 2023-12-31 13:41:28,112 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: [info] japan.privacy.network [info] venezuela.privacy.network [info] uk-london.privacy.network [info] kualalumpur.privacy.network [info] no.privacy.network [info] sk.privacy.network [info] qatar.privacy.network [info] bo-bolivia-pf.privacy.network 2023-12-31 13:41:28,113 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: [info] ad.privacy.network [info] au-brisbane-pf.privacy.network [info] ireland.privacy.network [info] kazakhstan.privacy.network [info] sofia.privacy.network [info] br.privacy.network [info] jakarta.privacy.network [info] sweden-2.privacy.network [info] mexico.privacy.network [info] uk-2.privacy.network [info] lu.privacy.network [info] nz.privacy.network [info] au-sydney.privacy.network [info] lv.privacy.network [info] ca-toronto.privacy.network [info] au-adelaide-pf.privacy.network [info] man.privacy.network [info] macau.privacy.network [info] yerevan.privacy.network [info] monaco.privacy.network [info] aus-melbourne.privacy.network [info] zagreb.privacy.network [info] sweden.privacy.network [info] tr.privacy.network [info] ba.privacy.network [info] ee.privacy.network [info] spain.privacy.network [info] czech.privacy.network [info] au-australia-so.privacy.network [info] italy-2.privacy.network [info] de-frankfurt.privacy.network [info] montenegro.privacy.network [info] sanjose.privacy.network [info] mongolia.privacy.network [info] morocco.privacy.network [info] hungary.privacy.network [info] pt.privacy.network 2023-12-31 13:41:28,113 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: [info] gr.privacy.network [info] uk-southampton.privacy.network [info] srilanka.privacy.network [info] za.privacy.network [info] uk-manchester.privacy.network [info] rs.privacy.network [info] sg.privacy.network [info] israel.privacy.network [info] ua.privacy.network [info] uy-uruguay-pf.privacy.network [info] lt.privacy.network [info] hk.privacy.network [info] austria.privacy.network [info] saudiarabia.privacy.network [info] italy.privacy.network [info] ar.privacy.network [info] bahamas.privacy.network [info] fi.privacy.network [info] bogota.privacy.network [info] cambodia.privacy.network [info] china.privacy.network [info] liechtenstein.privacy.network [info] aus-perth.privacy.network [info] ca-ontario.privacy.network [info] taiwan.privacy.network [info] georgia.privacy.network [info] in.privacy.network [info] mk.privacy.network [info] ec-ecuador-pf.privacy.network [info] bangladesh.privacy.network [info] slovenia.privacy.network [info] panama.privacy.network [info] swiss.privacy.network [info] de-berlin.privacy.network 2023-12-31 13:41:28,113 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: [info] fi-2.privacy.network [info] france.privacy.network [info] al.privacy.network [info] denmark-2.privacy.network [info] ae.privacy.network [info] denmark.privacy.network [info] dz.privacy.network [info] ca-vancouver.privacy.network [info] kr-south-korea-pf.privacy.network [info] ca-montreal.privacy.network [info] brussels.privacy.network [info] cyprus.privacy.network [info] nigeria.privacy.network [info] pe-peru-pf.privacy.network [info] md.privacy.network [info] gt-guatemala-pf.privacy.network [info] malta.privacy.network [info] egypt.privacy.network [info] nl-amsterdam.privacy.network [info] is.privacy.network [info] es-valencia.privacy.network [info] ro.privacy.network [info] poland.privacy.network [info] japan-2.privacy.network [info] santiago.privacy.network [info] np-nepal-pf.privacy.network [info] vietnam.privacy.network [info] philippines.privacy.network [info] greenland.privacy.network

You have strict port forwarding enabled but your endpoint doesn’t support that. You’ll need to pick one that does.

Hey all, gonna start out by saying I really appreciate the work you all have done with the binhex apps.

I'm trying to use a wireguard VPN to work while I have a seperate UNRAID wireguard tunnel. Essentially, I have a wireguard tunnel set up called wg1 that allows 12 or so peers to connect to the unraid server, and can connect to each other. That wireguard config has the following iptables commands in it:

[Interface]
#wg1
PrivateKey=[key]
Address=172.17.0.1
ListenPort=51821
PostUp=logger -t wireguard 'Tunnel WireGuard-wg1 started';/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/update_services
PostDown=logger -t wireguard 'Tunnel WireGuard-wg1 stopped';/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/update_services
PostUp=ip -4 route flush table 201
PostUp=ip -4 route add default via 172.17.0.1 dev wg1 table 201
PostUp=ip -4 route add 192.168.1.0/24 via 192.168.1.1 dev br0 table 201
PostDown=ip -4 route flush table 201
PostDown=ip -4 route add unreachable default table 201
PostDown=ip -4 route add 192.168.1.0/24 via 192.168.1.1 dev br0 table 201

[Peer]
[Peers omitted]

Now when using the binhex-qbittorrentvpn container, I can set the network to "Bridge", however it is not able to access the internet from that mode. I suspect that it is attempting to use this wireguard tunnel to access the internet. I can set the network to "Custom : br0", from that point it can access the internet and seems to start up properly, however I am unable to access the webui. If I disable the wireguard interface and set the network to "bridge", qbittorrent and the webui work flawlessley.

I have been scratching my head trying to figure this out for a while. Essentially I just want UNRAID's wireguard tunnel to only allow peers to connect to the server and each other, but the server does not need to access the peers in any way, and I certainly don't want any docker containers using this network.

I appreciate any help, and I can post more information if it is needed.