[Support] Djoss - Nginx Proxy Manager

On 5/30/2024 at 10:18 PM, RaptorBeaver said:

I don't want to access to my server from outside I just want users when connected to my local network to get access to services through subdomains.

I change my DNS records with an A / mydomain.com / 192.168.1.50 (unraid local IP)

I deployed jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager tried every network config... host, bridge, br0 etc.

I get access to the webui, no problem.

I try to config my subdomains... Again, not my first time, don't think the problem is with this config.

--> Everytime i try to connect to any subdomain i go to the unraid login page... Like nginx was not catching the request...

I get this exact problem, been spending all day on it... still no solution. 😞

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You need to move unraid's gui to other ports so you can run the NPM container on ports 80/443, just like what was answered to the post you quoted.

Or run it on a different IP all together. That should also work (so bridge network) 

6 hours ago, Goldmaster said:

Hi there

Are you going to Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1?

Reason for asking is that they are not supported any more and if one scans here https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html the grade is capped at B

or do i have to follow this guide here

Many thanks for your help

You can create your own config file and "overwrite" that with a docker volume. I do the same and it works perfectly. 

17 hours ago, mattie112 said:

"overwrite" that with a docker volume.

So just follow the info in the forum post I found? If the docker container gets updated, would it not revert to a default state? Or could I submit a pull request to address the issue to help others.

22 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

So just follow the info in the forum post I found? If the docker container gets updated, would it not revert to a default state? Or could I submit a pull request to address the issue to help others.

If you mount a file in docker it will always overwrite what is present. (but feel free to create a PR). I did do this way, I think if you search in this topic you should find my post with the file I use. 

2 hours ago, mattie112 said:

free to create a PR

Many thanks for your help, is that on the official ngxproxy manager github I can see there is support here. There is also this github issue. So I am not sure why this is not the case? Or am I missing something?

update for cloudlfare, follow this guide https://servebolt.com/help/technical-resources/how-to-get-an-a-rating-with-cloudflare-ssl/ now i am sorted

Edited by Goldmaster
set minimum tls to 1.2
23 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

Or am I missing something?

What's the actual problem?

AFAIK NPM should not affect that, I have A+ results on domains proxied by NPM, seems it's the service you're proxying that needs changes if you can't get that, not NPM

On 7/28/2024 at 8:17 AM, mattie112 said:

I am currently on holiday and I can't really go through a zip on mobile . I want to suggest to open the docker logs of NPM and see if it logs anything when you open your site. Can you check and paste a bit of log here if that's the case? 

You're good, I just had to reset the port forwarding, it had reset.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, matuopm said:

How can i change the internal container ports to 80 and 443 instead of 8080 and 4443 ? I use this container inside a tailscale container and need the ports to be that way since i do not forward

Use this one instead

22 minutes ago, mattie112 said:

I do have a fork that only changes the ports to 80/443 that I have been using for quite some time. (And I think also a couple of other people). Let me update it real quick with all the latest changes as I have not done that in quite some time :)

https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/mattie112/docker-nginx-proxy-manager

I will report here when I updated / tested it, will be somewhere today.

Ah, that wasn't so bad :) Everything has been updated again if someone wants to use it.

I have been using SWAG for some time but would like to transition to NGINX PM for various reasons (really ease of use).  When I installed and went to set up the proxy, I got the error that the domain was already in use.  I tried revoking my certificates via SWAG/Cert Bot however, I still wasn't to fix the issue.  Do you have or are you aware of the steps on how to migrate (certificates) from SWAG to NGINX PM?  Particularly, I am using SWAG for Nextcloud. 

10 minutes ago, Hawkins12 said:

I have been using SWAG for some time but would like to transition to NGINX PM for various reasons (really ease of use).  When I installed and went to set up the proxy, I got the error that the domain was already in use.  I tried revoking my certificates via SWAG/Cert Bot however, I still wasn't to fix the issue.  Do you have or are you aware of the steps on how to migrate (certificates) from SWAG to NGINX PM?  Particularly, I am using SWAG for Nextcloud. 

So when I try to obtain new SSL, I get this.  Not that I do have HSTS enabled via cloudflare. 

image.png.ca4a5d33dad148d0f7061398838443a1.png

However, when I uncheck the box, it seems to work but I get this:

image.png.e229073e17f38429f0ca15bf9ceee062.png

It seems to not want to issue a new cert because one is already issued.  I actually tried to revoke (and delete) my cert in SWAG but that didnt seem to work either