Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, dirtyofries said:

Currently trying to update to 6.8.2 - stuck at the download screen...isn't downloading. If I select any of the standard builds, they work.

 

Some issue server-side? Anyone else seeing this?

 

1221235778_ScreenShot2020-02-05at11_36_51AM.png.4a1662e6d94b799121f21eb71f002249.png

I have the same issue. No PiHole installed.

 

EDIT: This download just hangs from my laptop: https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-nvidia/6-8-2/nvidia/bzimage

 

Edited by Turge
--

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like it's working now but the downloads are extremely slow.

15 minutes ago, Turge said:

Seems like it's working now but the downloads are extremely slow.

Working for me now too

3 hours ago, dirtyofries said:

I do have PiHole, tried disabling it, still no dice. Oddly enough, the other Nvidia builds download fine as well - it's just 6.8.2 that doesn't work. Really weird. Might just wait awhile.

Perhaps the dns result that was retrieved from pihole was cached and that's why turning off pihole and trying again didn't work. If you wait a bit and try again, it should work.

Or if you reboot it will likely work

I'm having a problem loading the builds to install.  The last version i was able to install was 6.8.0.  I tried to update to 6.8.2 about 2 weeks ago but it won't even find the builds.  It just hangs on the screen that says updating available builds.

Downloading 6.8.2 right now. Painfully slow.

 

Failed.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 8.08.05 PM.png

Edited by jcarroll

I have unraid 6.8.0 installed and just recently installed unraid nvidia 6.8.0.

 

After the update my letsencrypt no longer is working properly (I followed the instruction on spaceinvader to install nextcloud+letsencrypt).

 

Everythings working fine before but after I installed unraid nvidia its no longer working. I created a new virtual docker network. Previously it was proxynet, I created proxynetwork but nothing is still working.

 

Are they not compatible?

 

Also if I update unraid, do I just install unraid nvidia? Or do I update unraid first then unraid nvidia? 

 

Thanks

3 hours ago, karlpox said:

I have unraid 6.8.0 installed and just recently installed unraid nvidia 6.8.0.

 

After the update my letsencrypt no longer is working properly (I followed the instruction on spaceinvader to install nextcloud+letsencrypt).

 

Everythings working fine before but after I installed unraid nvidia its no longer working. I created a new virtual docker network. Previously it was proxynet, I created proxynetwork but nothing is still working.

 

Are they not compatible?

 

Also if I update unraid, do I just install unraid nvidia? Or do I update unraid first then unraid nvidia? 

 

Thanks

Unraid nvidia has nothing to do with letsencrypt. You probably broke it when you changed the networks around.

 

To update, you just need to install the custom version from within the nvidia plugin

Quick question on this -- do I need to be careful of every Unraid upgrade now? Should I only upgrade through the plugin settings tool, rather than the built-in tool now?

5 minutes ago, drumstyx said:

Quick question on this -- do I need to be careful of every Unraid upgrade now? Should I only upgrade through the plugin settings tool, rather than the built-in tool now?

Yes you should only upgrade through the Nvidia unraid plugin settings tool, Otherwise you’ll revert to the non-nvidia build

6 minutes ago, drumstyx said:

Quick question on this -- do I need to be careful of every Unraid upgrade now? Should I only upgrade through the plugin settings tool, rather than the built-in tool now?

Yes you should only upgrade through the Nvidia unraid plugin settings tool, Otherwise you’ll revert to the non-nvidia build

Anyone have any idea as to why i can't load a the list of available builds?

So this evening it downloaded fast and no errors. Upon reboot I get kernel panic. Only fix was to download unraid and overwrite the bz* files. It then boots fine. I tried this 3 times with the same result.

 

Not sure if this is something on my end or what....

Connection issues to digitalocean can be caused by multiple things (as already mentioned multi times in this thread)

 

1. Running pihole as a container?

2. Something changed on your network changed? (MTU)

3. Routing issue between you and digitalocean.

 

When we release new updates, 1/2 people test the files manually then the rest of us use the plugin to check it's working that way and we've not encountered any issues (this is with members different network configurations and locations)

 

Also I believe there is a manual download script somewhere in this thread that can be used to grab the files aswell.

Hi all,

 

Pretty new to Unraid and I'm still figuring out a lot of things.

So I had a second Dell XPS 9560 lying around with a broken LCD screen. As my old Synology was getting slow, I installed Unraid on my XPS.

I got most of it to work, but now I can't get the Nvidia GTX 1050 to show up in the Nvidia Unraid Build v6.8.2.

I got this error: "440.44 No devices were found"

2118589340_2020-02-0914_35_03-UnraidXPSServer_Unraid-Nvidia.png.21abe04ff65fbe964d58e2635aca24a8.png

 

It does show up when trying to create a VM:

1419246690_2020-02-0914_42_41-UnraidXPSServer_AddVM_GraphicsCard.png.0f948ad602aef9d89ee13224a719a001.png

 

But for example I can't use it to run Plex with HW transcoding. (only HW transcoding with the Intel 630 works)

 

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

 

>> Diagnostics file: unraidxpsserver-diagnostics-20200209-1436.zip

 

 

Thanks a lot!

 

J-J

Edited by J-J

1 hour ago, J-J said:

Hi all,

 

Pretty new to Unraid and I'm still figuring out a lot of things.

So I had a second Dell XPS 9560 lying around with a broken LCD screen. As my old Synology was getting slow, I installed Unraid on my XPS.

I got most of it to work, but now I can't get the Nvidia GTX 1050 to show up in the Nvidia Unraid Build v6.8.2.

I got this error: "440.44 No devices were found"

2118589340_2020-02-0914_35_03-UnraidXPSServer_Unraid-Nvidia.png.21abe04ff65fbe964d58e2635aca24a8.png

 

It does show up when trying to create a VM:

1419246690_2020-02-0914_42_41-UnraidXPSServer_AddVM_GraphicsCard.png.0f948ad602aef9d89ee13224a719a001.png

 

But for example I can't use it to run Plex with HW transcoding. (only HW transcoding with the Intel 630 works)

 

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

 

>> Diagnostics file: unraidxpsserver-diagnostics-20200209-1436.zip

 

 

Thanks a lot!

 

J-J

Try running this command and post the output.

 

nvidia-smi --query-gpu=gpu_name,gpu_bus_id,gpu_uuid --format=csv,noheader | sed -e s/00000000://g | sed 's/\,\ /\n/g'

 

  

Just now, CHBMB said:
Quote

root@UnraidXPSServer:~# nvidia-smi --query-gpu=gpu_name,gpu_bus_id,gpu_uuid --format=csv,noheader | sed -e s/00000000://g | sed 's/\,\ /\n/g'
No devices were found
root@UnraidXPSServer:~#

 

 

Edited by J-J

On 2/5/2020 at 12:32 AM, 08deanr said:

Here is the diagnostics from the running system. I would rather not mess with it now but if needed i can later i just alot going on now

media-diagnostics-20200204-1929.zip 213.45 kB · 1 download

Just took a look at this and I'm confused, on v6.8.2 those modules are present as far as I can tell.

 

On 2/5/2020 at 2:13 AM, 08deanr said:

Correct i have the on board Realtek and the PCI Broadcom and NEITHER were working.  Both are now working with the Stock Unraid

 

 

 

I'm a bit confused as both of these are present in the v6.8.2 Nvidia build....  they may have been missing on v6.8.1 (I can't remember)

root@server:/# ls -la /lib/modules/4.19.98-Unraid/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/realtek | grep r8169
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 33728 Feb  2 20:52 r8169.ko.xz
root@server:/# ls -la /lib/modules/4.19.98-Unraid/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom | grep tg3
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root root 66572 Feb  2 20:51 tg3.ko.xz

 

7 minutes ago, J-J said:

 

Just realised you're using a mobile GPU on a laptop.  Probably going to be the issue

Just now, CHBMB said:

Just realised you're using a mobile GPU on a laptop.  Probably going to be the issue

Stange... When I tried it out for the first time 2 weeks ago, it used to pop-up at the plugin screen, but then it disappeared after a couple of minutes. (most of the times after Plex crashed)

A hard reboot of the system (sometimes twice) made it pop-up again, but disappear afterwards. 

So if it's a mobile GPU issue, I guess there's not a lot to do about it.

Did a search and couldn't find this exact issue for weeks on this topic, but if it's already been mentioned and I missed it, I apologize.

 

When trying to load the latest available builds, I get this in the logs (and the builds never load):

 

nginx: 2020/02/09 11:10:13 [error] 7421#7421: *52 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.201, server: , request: "POST /plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "192.168.1.102:81", referrer: "http://192.168.1.102:81/Settings/Unraid-Nvidia"

 

Any ideas?

 

Edited by Schwiing

3 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Just took a look at this and I'm confused, on v6.8.2 those modules are present as far as I can tell.

 

 

 

 

I'm a bit confused as both of these are present in the v6.8.2 Nvidia build....  they may have been missing on v6.8.1 (I can't remember)


root@server:/# ls -la /lib/modules/4.19.98-Unraid/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/realtek | grep r8169
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 33728 Feb  2 20:52 r8169.ko.xz
root@server:/# ls -la /lib/modules/4.19.98-Unraid/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom | grep tg3
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root root 66572 Feb  2 20:51 tg3.ko.xz

 

thanks for confirming they are in there. Maybe there was something corrupted in the download the first time. I will try again here soon and let you know what happens. Hopefully it was nothing. 

8 hours ago, J-J said:

Stange... When I tried it out for the first time 2 weeks ago, it used to pop-up at the plugin screen, but then it disappeared after a couple of minutes. (most of the times after Plex crashed)

A hard reboot of the system (sometimes twice) made it pop-up again, but disappear afterwards. 

So if it's a mobile GPU issue, I guess there's not a lot to do about it.

 

it is called NVIDIA Optimus Technology and @CHBMB is right, it is NOT the same as a standard desktop/workstation card. This comes with it's own baggage which is NOT supported by standard nvidia driver.

 

https://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2015/fedora-nvidia-guide/#nvidia-optimus

 

This is a massive overhead on its own to be managed and maintained and I hardly doubt you will be able to leverage this custom nvidia build as is.

Edited by ezhik

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.