February 17, 20206 yr 5 hours ago, guyonphone said: I do have a piHole, and I did see some others having issues with that, but... I checked the query log, and refreshed after clicking on the plugin, and don't see the piHole blocking anything from "*digitalopenspaces.com". My unraid network settings, are not set to use the piHole for DNS. I have unRaid set to use 1.1.1.1 I disabled the piHole for 5 minutes, and tried, and had the same issue. Have you changed anything else on your network?
February 17, 20206 yr 44 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said: Have you changed anything else on your network? Not that I can tell, or am aware of. I can browse to https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/ in a browser and I get an XML page. So I don't believe I am being blocked.
February 17, 20206 yr 45 minutes ago, guyonphone said: Not that I can tell, or am aware of. I can browse to https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/ in a browser and I get an XML page. So I don't believe I am being blocked. Have you had to change any MTU settings or anything? there's not really much else I can suggest looking at. All previous cases of this is there had been some change to a users network.
February 17, 20206 yr 7 hours ago, j0nnymoe said: Have you had to change any MTU settings or anything? there's not really much else I can suggest looking at. All previous cases of this is there had been some change to a users network. Ah! Shoot, yes, you are right. I did change my MTU setting, to Jumbo frames a while back! I am using 10 gigabit so it's really been helping the speeds, and so far there hadn't been any negative consequences. I take it that's the cause? The thing that get's me here, MTU is Layer 2, I have a firewall. So when unRaid sends packets to my firewall, the MTU size is 9000, but the firewall should be tearing down those ethernet frames and rebuilding them to send to the cable modem at 1500 MTU with it's mac address, and in return the MTU size should be 1500 from the modem to firewall to unRAID on the return path. I guess I don't exactly get why this is hanging up this plugin. unRAID otherwise has perfectly fine access to the internet. Thanks! Edited February 17, 20206 yr by guyonphone
February 17, 20206 yr Hello - So I have 2 GPUs in my server. 1 is dedicated to plex transcoding. I tried assigning the other to a VM but it crashed KVM. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
February 17, 20206 yr 34 minutes ago, surfshack66 said: Hello - So I have 2 GPUs in my server. 1 is dedicated to plex transcoding. I tried assigning the other to a VM but it crashed KVM. Has anyone else experienced this issue? i have 3 GPU and no problems at all. 1 for GUI boot (gt710), 1 for Plex (1050ti) and a Vega64 for the VM's (reset bug is still there). are you sure you didn't assigned the wrong one?
February 17, 20206 yr On 2/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, sjaak said: i have 3 GPU and no problems at all. 1 for GUI boot (gt710), 1 for Plex (1050ti) and a Vega64 for the VM's (reset bug is still there). are you sure you didn't assigned the wrong one? Interesting. Also, I'm sure I didn't assign the wrong one. EDIT: Both cards the same. Not sure if that matters. Edited February 19, 20206 yr by surfshack66
February 18, 20206 yr I'm still struggling to get Unraid to boot after installing this. I can provide whatever you need. Also willing to let someone remote in if that would help. I'd like to get my P2000 back to work.
February 21, 20206 yr I am implementing Nvidia GPU support into my Zoneminder docker and having an issue with the driver version. I am installing cuda and cudnn version 10.2 and compiling support for the GPU in a module called 'opencv'. I do not have a Nvidia GPU so I depend on users to provide feedback. ndivia-smi reports driver version 440.40, but cuda wants to install nvidia utils for 440.33. I can get the compile to work by forcing cuda-10.2 to be installed. This is fine for the moment, but when I do an apt-get update, cuda wants to update the 440.33 driver which isn't installed, so it fails. I have no idea what triggers the 440.33 driver, when the 440.40 driver is installed. Any ideas on where I can go to get an answer? I can carry on this conversation via PM if desired.
February 22, 20206 yr Hey! Way, is this show so many transcode? I play 2 movier on my plex now (same account) And how i know the gpu be use?
February 22, 20206 yr On 2/15/2020 at 8:54 PM, jcarroll said: I'm in the exact same boat with a P2000. Similarly, I'm running an Xeon E5-2648Lv2 on a Supermicro X9SRH-7F board and no matter what NVIDIA Unraid build I try, it will kernel panic with my Quadro P400 inserted. Also, it will kernel panic MOST times (90%+) on any build when the card is not even inserted. My processor has the VT-d instruction set and by all other metrics it looks like the Unraid Nvidia builds should work, but they won't. I always get one of two kernel panics after unpacking initramfs.
February 22, 20206 yr 53 minutes ago, Distinguished said: Similarly, I'm running an Xeon E5-2648Lv2 on a Supermicro X9SRH-7F board and no matter what NVIDIA Unraid build I try, it will kernel panic with my Quadro P400 inserted. Also, it will kernel panic MOST times (90%+) on any build when the card is not even inserted. My processor has the VT-d instruction set and by all other metrics it looks like the Unraid Nvidia builds should work, but they won't. I always get one of two kernel panics after unpacking initramfs. 6.8.1 worked flawlessly. Is there a way to downgrade?
February 22, 20206 yr 3 hours ago, jcarroll said: 6.8.1 worked flawlessly. Is there a way to downgrade? Just go to the plugin and select the appropriate version of unRaid nVidia from the dropdown.
February 23, 20206 yr How do I properly update Nvidia Unraid? I assume I should upgrade stock Unraid 6.8.1 to 6.8.2, then upgrade Nvidia Unraid from 6.8.1 to 6.8.2
February 23, 20206 yr 7 minutes ago, Stevefo said: How do I properly update Nvidia Unraid? I assume I should upgrade stock Unraid 6.8.1 to 6.8.2, then upgrade Nvidia Unraid from 6.8.1 to 6.8.2 No. Just go to the plugin and install Nvidia 6.8.2 - a full version of Unraid with extra drivers.
February 23, 20206 yr 6 minutes ago, Stevefo said: How do I properly update Nvidia Unraid? I assume I should upgrade stock Unraid 6.8.1 to 6.8.2, then upgrade Nvidia Unraid from 6.8.1 to 6.8.2 Answered many times in this thread. This plugin IS a version of Unraid, but with the Nvidia drivers added. Just upgrade from the plugin.
February 23, 20206 yr 4 minutes ago, trurl said: Answered many times in this thread. This plugin IS a version of Unraid, but with the Nvidia drivers added. Just upgrade from the plugin. Thank You!
February 26, 20206 yr Hello, I've just installed a quadro p400 and the nvidia buil 6.8.2. Plex is transcoding fine but it uses almost all the gpu memory with one transcode 4k->1080p Does that seem normal to you? And it seems to use no gpu. +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | NVIDIA-SMI 440.44 Driver Version: 440.44 CUDA Version: 10.2 | |-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+ | GPU Name Persistence-M| Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC | | Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap| Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. | |===============================+======================+======================| | 0 Quadro P400 Off | 00000000:05:00.0 Off | N/A | | 34% 34C P0 N/A / N/A | 1517MiB / 1999MiB | 65% Default | +-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Processes: GPU Memory | | GPU PID Type Process name Usage | |=============================================================================| | 0 13018 C /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder 1507MiB | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Edited February 26, 20206 yr by caplam
February 26, 20206 yr 3 hours ago, caplam said: Hello, I've just installed a quadro p400 and the nvidia buil 6.8.2. Plex is transcoding fine but it uses almost all the gpu memory with one transcode 4k->1080p Does that seem normal to you? And it seems to use no gpu. +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | NVIDIA-SMI 440.44 Driver Version: 440.44 CUDA Version: 10.2 | |-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+ | GPU Name Persistence-M| Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC | | Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap| Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. | |===============================+======================+======================| | 0 Quadro P400 Off | 00000000:05:00.0 Off | N/A | | 34% 34C P0 N/A / N/A | 1517MiB / 1999MiB | 65% Default | +-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Processes: GPU Memory | | GPU PID Type Process name Usage | |=============================================================================| | 0 13018 C /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder 1507MiB | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ looks fine for me, sometimes will the transcode use some more ram sometimes less, and btw, the transocder is using the p400 (under "processes" en its using 65% of the gpu power.) Edited February 26, 20206 yr by sjaak typo
February 26, 20206 yr thank you for your answer. I've just realised when trying all options that hardware transcode doesn't work when enabling subtitles. It sucks, i mostly have subtilted videos.
February 26, 20206 yr 3 hours ago, caplam said: thank you for your answer. I've just realised when trying all options that hardware transcode doesn't work when enabling subtitles. It sucks, i mostly have subtilted videos. strange... my library is 99% with subtitles and everything what needs to be transcoded is done by the gtx1050ti with subtitle burn in. most of the subtitles are .srt But i did ask my external users to change the default stream setting to 'original' instead of 2mbps... (i have an higher upload speed)
February 27, 20206 yr 14 hours ago, sjaak said: strange... my library is 99% with subtitles and everything what needs to be transcoded is done by the gtx1050ti with subtitle burn in. most of the subtitles are .srt But i did ask my external users to change the default stream setting to 'original' instead of 2mbps... (i have an higher upload speed) My subtitles are mostly in a file sitting along the media file. I set up tdarr to use gpu. I can transcode 4 files at a time and the gpu is around 50%. I try 5 there is some failure due to lack memory (only 2Gb in P400)
February 28, 20206 yr Just installed this 6.8.2 version, to complement my new P2000. However after installing this modded unraid version, powering off my system, installing the P2000, and powering the server back on, the Nvidia plugin shows "No devices were found". Checking lspci/System Devices, it shows the card is indeed installed: IOMMU group 18:[10de:1c30] 0a:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106GL [Quadro P2000] (rev a1) [10de:10f1] 0a:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1) I read somewhere I need to connect something to the DisplayPort for the GPU to be recognized, but the server is just in a rack with no monitor so that's not ideal (except maybe a fake DisplayPort device). Anyone know the best course of action?
February 28, 20206 yr 2 hours ago, d2dyno said: Just installed this 6.8.2 version, to complement my new P2000. However after installing this modded unraid version, powering off my system, installing the P2000, and powering the server back on, the Nvidia plugin shows "No devices were found". Checking lspci/System Devices, it shows the card is indeed installed: IOMMU group 18:[10de:1c30] 0a:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106GL [Quadro P2000] (rev a1) [10de:10f1] 0a:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1) I read somewhere I need to connect something to the DisplayPort for the GPU to be recognized, but the server is just in a rack with no monitor so that's not ideal (except maybe a fake DisplayPort device). Anyone know the best course of action? There should be a command somewhere in this thread you could issue to check if the card is working. It was posted by chbmb a few pages back I think. You did download the nvidia build using the plugin? Or did you just install the plugin?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.