Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

6.8.3 was released, to all the comments coming of 'when when when?': 

 

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-unraid.png

 

--

 

I am sorry, I couldn't resist.

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, too much of this.

 

 

z9c83.jpg

Edited by mattekure

What do you all use to convert files with this plugin? I tried handbrake but it doesn't support it. Could someone point me to the right direction i looked everywhere and can't find anything

12 minutes ago, zerolim1t said:

What do you all use to convert files with this plugin? I tried handbrake but it doesn't support it. Could someone point me to the right direction i looked everywhere and can't find anything

 

Handbrake works with NVENC just fine, although it's not the best for encoding quality.

15 minutes ago, zerolim1t said:

What do you all use to convert files with this plugin? I tried handbrake but it doesn't support it. Could someone point me to the right direction i looked everywhere and can't find anything

And you'd probably want the version from djaydev not djoss

thank you!!!!

 

i was using the other version

Edited by zerolim1t

1 minute ago, zerolim1t said:

Will this plugin let me use my gpu to convert the files and still use it for plex hardware transcoding?

 

thanks in advance

Docker containers can use it simultaneously

4 hours ago, zerolim1t said:

What do you all use to convert files with this plugin? I tried handbrake but it doesn't support it. Could someone point me to the right direction i looked everywhere and can't find anything

Hands down, the best and most capable tool / docker is Tdarr.  Supports GPU / CPU encoding and all sorts of other stuff.

4 hours ago, zerolim1t said:

What do you all use to convert files with this plugin? I tried handbrake but it doesn't support it. Could someone point me to the right direction i looked everywhere and can't find anything

Unmanic is another good container. It's dead simple, you just point it at a directory and it converts x264 video files to HEVC.

Edited by ZooMass

Some small tiny cosmetic points about the Settings page for this plugin:

  • the drop downs for selecting the release you want are not immediately obvious as they look like text links at a quick glance.    Changing the colour of the background and/or text colours might make them stand out a bit more.
  • it would be better if the releases offered were sorted in the reverse order so that the most recent release is at the top.    The vast majority of the time I would expect this to be the release that most users want?

Successfully upgraded to 6.8.3 with P2000. Much appreciated.

Quiet patience rewarded! Upgraded to Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia 6.8.3 to take advantage of GeForce GTX 1050 Ti for Plex hardware transcoding. All working well. Impressed with and appreciative of your work. Thank you very much.

I am having an issue installing the Nvidia build. I installed the plugin correct and it was working fine. The issue arrives when I click on the plugin and then the pop up comes up saying: Updating available builds.

 

The plugin just gets stuck there and nothing happens. It happened to me last time but it went away after a certain amount of time. This time however, I left it for an hour and it still stuck in the Update available builds pop up.

 

Error in logs after running plugin:

 

Mar 9 13:02:33 homeserver root: plugin: running: anonymous

 

Mar 9 13:07:21 homeserver nginx: 2020/03/09 13:07:21 [error] 7664#7664: *3939 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.22, server: , request: "POST /plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "5e3b627426cedd4703dc2e189d1934123d251c17.unraid.net", referrer: "https://5e3b627426cedd4703dc2e189d1934123d251c17.unraid.net/Settings/Unraid-Nvidia"

 

How do I fix this? Thank you. 

Edited by luigi408

2 hours ago, luigi408 said:

I am having an issue installing the Nvidia build. I installed the plugin correct and it was working fine. The issue arrives when I click on the plugin and then the pop up comes up saying: Updating available builds.

 

The plugin just gets stuck there and nothing happens. It happened to me last time but it went away after a certain amount of time. This time however, I left it for an hour and it still stuck in the Update available builds pop up.

 

Error in logs after running plugin:

 

Mar 9 13:02:33 homeserver root: plugin: running: anonymous

 

Mar 9 13:07:21 homeserver nginx: 2020/03/09 13:07:21 [error] 7664#7664: *3939 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.22, server: , request: "POST /plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "5e3b627426cedd4703dc2e189d1934123d251c17.unraid.net", referrer: "https://5e3b627426cedd4703dc2e189d1934123d251c17.unraid.net/Settings/Unraid-Nvidia"

 

How do I fix this? Thank you. 

This has been mentioned before in this thread many times. The only things we can find that causes this are: pihole (or some network ad blocker) / MTU changed on unraid host (10gbit cards for example) or some other network configuration.

 

We've never been able to replicate these errors within the team.

2 hours ago, j0nnymoe said:

This has been mentioned before in this thread many times. The only things we can find that causes this are: pihole (or some network ad blocker) / MTU changed on unraid host (10gbit cards for example) or some other network configuration.

 

We've never been able to replicate these errors within the team.


Hmmm 🤔... there has been some changes on my network and my server does have 10gbit built in on the motherboard.

 

I moved to a Ubiquiti setup (UMD-Pro from a Asus router). The server network setting itself hasn’t changed much other than setting the static IP address and DNS. The MTU I always had set was 9014 instead of 1500.

 

Edit: I also have link aggregation enabled 802.3ad. 

 

Is there a known temp workaround? Is there a way to set the network setting back to default to see if it fixes it in UnRAID? (sorry if it’s a dumb question)

 

Thanks for answering.

 

 

2nd Edit: I changed my network settings to the following: IP and DNS to automatic (from static) and MTU to 1500 (from 9014 aka Jumbo Frames). This worked and I was able to install the latest Nvidia Unraid.

Edited by luigi408

On 3/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, luigi408 said:

I am having an issue installing the Nvidia build. I installed the plugin correct and it was working fine. The issue arrives when I click on the plugin and then the pop up comes up saying: Updating available builds.

 

The plugin just gets stuck there and nothing happens. It happened to me last time but it went away after a certain amount of time. This time however, I left it for an hour and it still stuck in the Update available builds pop up.

 

Error in logs after running plugin:

 

Mar 9 13:02:33 homeserver root: plugin: running: anonymous

 

Mar 9 13:07:21 homeserver nginx: 2020/03/09 13:07:21 [error] 7664#7664: *3939 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.22, server: , request: "POST /plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "5e3b627426cedd4703dc2e189d1934123d251c17.unraid.net", referrer: "https://5e3b627426cedd4703dc2e189d1934123d251c17.unraid.net/Settings/Unraid-Nvidia"

 

How do I fix this? Thank you. 

Same exact issue with SFP+ aggregated (802.3ad) NiC, MTU 9000. Also using Unifi gear.

screenshot-c7ecdf4c673dc771e57be16731df938de54fce7d.unraid.net_444-2020_03.10-21_46_38.png.93250386443e0337318d8cadc0d21c84.png

Edited by d2dyno

1 hour ago, d2dyno said:

Same exact issue with SFP+ aggregated (802.3ad) NiC, MTU 9000. Also using Unifi gear.

screenshot-c7ecdf4c673dc771e57be16731df938de54fce7d.unraid.net_444-2020_03.10-21_46_38.png.93250386443e0337318d8cadc0d21c84.png

See the post above yours

22 minutes ago, aptalca said:

See the post above yours

Not using jumbo frames is a workaround, not a fix. I use that MTU on purpose, and never had issues except with this plugin.

4 hours ago, d2dyno said:

Not using jumbo frames is a workaround, not a fix. I use that MTU on purpose, and never had issues except with this plugin.

It could also be the bonding that is causing an issue here.

We've never been able to replicate these issues which is why these are the only way's we know to fix it. But it seems like we haven't been able to replicate these issues because no one within the team that uses the nvidia plugin has any 10gbit networking kit or uses bonding (to my knowledge).

In case it helps to rule anything out, I have a bond between an onboard 1Gb NIC and one port in a Dual Port 10Gb Nic (running also at 1Gb).  No issues with downloading the plugin.

Edited by Marshalleq

I am trying to get this plugin to work.  I am trying to use a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 card and using the Nvidia 6.8.3 version however when i install and reboot i am getting the following error:

 

NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver.  Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

The driver version listed is 440.59 and i am not sure how i would update this if it is not the latest driver?

Since updating I see this over and over until it fills my log:

 

Mar 13 16:28:03 NAS kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Mar 13 16:28:06 NAS kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000d0000-0x000dffff window]

Anyone else seeing this? I'm just using an old 750 ti.

I was having trouble getting the new driver installed as well. I do have a 10G network card installed and so I went down that path trying to figure out if it was the issue. I did the same sort of troubleshooting as others. Changed from static to DHCP, messed with MTU and verified I wasn't doing any bonding. After all that I remembered I had re-installed my Sophos Endpoint protection a few days ago on my main PC I use to access the GUI. I disabled my endpoint protection it and it downloaded and installed the driver without issue. At no time did it ever tell me it was blocking anything. Just wanted to throw this out there as another possible work around for people having issues. Im sure this is probably mentioned previously somewhere in this thread, and if so I must have missed it. I would not have thought my endpoint protection on my PC would affect the GUI of Unraid in my browser when it tried to download and install a driver. You learn something new everyday. 

Currently facing an issue where hardware transcoding isn't working after a random amount of time. On my samsung tv, the logs were showing that the transcoder was dead. Streaming from a pc, I don't see anything relevant in the logs. Thought it might be due to the transcoding directory being full, but checked and changed a couple ways and that doesn't seem to be related.

Seemed to occur out of the blue on 6.8.2 with no relevant changes on my end, so I upgraded to 6.8.3 but the issue still occurs.
Attaching log file from session when streaming to pc where the video just halts (like it was paused, no errors on screen)

 

GPU is a GTX 1650. This is out output of "watch nvidia-smi" even when the video is halted:
 

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 440.59       Driver Version: 440.59       CUDA Version: 10.2     |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 1650    Off  | 00000000:0C:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 40%   35C    P0    19W /  75W |     76MiB /  3903MiB |      0%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |
|  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|    0      3355      C   /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder      64MiB |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

 

When streaming from the TV, the nvidia-smi doesn't show anything after the video stops / error is shows on the tv.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

Plex Media Server Logs_2020-03-16_12-40-26.zip

Edited by tlrmcknz
surround in code block

On 3/15/2020 at 3:15 PM, Tragik said:

I was having trouble getting the new driver installed as well. I do have a 10G network card installed and so I went down that path trying to figure out if it was the issue. I did the same sort of troubleshooting as others. Changed from static to DHCP, messed with MTU and verified I wasn't doing any bonding. After all that I remembered I had re-installed my Sophos Endpoint protection a few days ago on my main PC I use to access the GUI. I disabled my endpoint protection it and it downloaded and installed the driver without issue. At no time did it ever tell me it was blocking anything. Just wanted to throw this out there as another possible work around for people having issues. Im sure this is probably mentioned previously somewhere in this thread, and if so I must have missed it. I would not have thought my endpoint protection on my PC would affect the GUI of Unraid in my browser when it tried to download and install a driver. You learn something new everyday. 

I tried disabling the endpoint protection i had on the pc i was using to access the GUI but still no luck.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.