Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, BrunoX said:

Thanks, that's good to know. Although I'm more interested in getting it to work for Folding@Home which I believe doesn't utilize NVENC/NVDEC - could be wrong though.

I have no trouble using NVENC/NVDEC using a 1050 with Folding@Home

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated to Nvidia 6.8.3 from previous versions, but it looks like my card is not being used anymore based on the info stating it is power = 0, and my cpu is running very high on 5 streams. Based on the below output, shouldn't I be seeing some use, not just memory?  Plex pas with HW Transcoding on, Tautulli cofirmed HW Transcodes, 1050 Ti installed.  I did try and removed Bionic previously, otherwise at a loss. 

 

 

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 8.48.47 PM.png

Looks like you do have 5 streams going. The CPU useage is probably due to audio transcode. Not sure why your power and other metrics are not reporting properly...

12 hours ago, Jhp612 said:

Looks like you do have 5 streams going. The CPU useage is probably due to audio transcode. Not sure why your power and other metrics are not reporting properly...

The only other thing I can think of is I added a script awhile ago to return the care to the P0 state after it was done, as it was hanging at full power and not returning. i copied down a script that checks to see if there are any active transcodes, and if not returns it to P0. 

 

#!/bin/bash
TOKILL=""
CPT_TRANSCODE=-1
CPT_SERVER=-1

for ELEMENT in $(lsof /dev/nvidia0 | awk '{print $1 "@" $2}')
do
 IFS='@' read -r -a array <<< "$ELEMENT"
 if [ "${array[0]}" != "Xorg" ] && [ "${array[0]}" != "ffmpeg" ]
 then
  if [ "${array[0]}" = "Plex\x20T" ]
  then
  ((CPT_TRANSCODE++))
  fi
  if [ "${array[0]}" = "Plex\x20M" ]
  then
   ((CPT_SERVER++))
   TOKILL="${array[1]}"
  fi
 fi
done

if [ $CPT_SERVER -gt 0 ] && [ $CPT_TRANSCODE -lt 1 ] && [ "$1" != "test" ]
then
 kill -9 "$TOKILL"
fi
if [ "$1" == "test" ]
then
 echo "$TOKILL"
fi

 

not sure if this is having an affect also. 

19 hours ago, itimpi said:

I have no trouble using NVENC/NVDEC using a 1050 with Folding@Home

My problem is that my card (460) isn't detected at all with the latest drivers which results in Folding@Home only using the CPU.

22 hours ago, mgranger said:

I am trying to get a GTX 1050 used for this.  Is this also the case?  I am struggling to even get it to work for a VM.

 

A GTX 1050 is fairly recent, supports NVENC/NVDEC, and should work with this plugin (though I don't have one to try - spec wise it seems totally fine).

14 hours ago, dewlite said:

Updated to Nvidia 6.8.3 from previous versions, but it looks like my card is not being used anymore based on the info stating it is power = 0, and my cpu is running very high on 5 streams. Based on the below output, shouldn't I be seeing some use, not just memory?  Plex pas with HW Transcoding on, Tautulli cofirmed HW Transcodes, 1050 Ti installed.  I did try and removed Bionic previously, otherwise at a loss. 

 

 

 

Could you try `nvidia-smi dmon` while you're transcoding, and post a few second of output?

On 3/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, ClunkClunk said:

Could you try `nvidia-smi dmon` while you're transcoding, and post a few second of output?

only one transcode happening now, will try to grab when there are more. It almost seems like it is barley transcoding?

 

 

 

 

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 12.35.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 12.34.40 PM.png

Edited by dewlite
corrected upload

Any chance a build for the 6.9-beta1 could be made?

23 hours ago, dewlite said:

only one transcode happening now, will try to grab when there are more. It almost seems like it is barley transcoding?

 

Looks OK to me - 'dec' (the decoder) is showing a percent or two of utilization, and 'enc' (the encoder) is showing a percent or two of utilization.

 

A GTX 1050 4GB has enough horsepower to handle about 14 simultaneous 1080p transcodes though it's software locked to 2 transcodes, so if this was doing just one stream, and it filled Plex's buffer already, only a percent or two would be needed to maintain said buffer.

 

A couple more things I've noticed from my Quadro P400 (I don't have a GTX 1050 to test so I'm just guessing): Pwr:Usage doesn't necessarily populate even when the card is running; P0 is almost always on; and fan speeds may drop to 0 if the card is totally unused.

 

To really push your card, try setting Plex's buffer to something huge - like 3600 seconds, so it tries to encode an entire hour at a time. Then launch two transcodes and see how your card reacts.

Hello guys

 

I have a question for my GeForce GTX 1070 the fan dosen't seem to be working.

 

I'm pretty sure it's working on another pc.

 

Is there something i can check or is it a bug ?

 

Unraid 6.8.3

Nvidia Driver Version:440.59

GPU 0 Model & Bus:GeForce GTX 1070      01:00.0

 

 

Thx

unraid-diagnostics-20200330-2001.zip

Is it possible to use the Nvidia runtime Docker container instead of the plugin? 

Hi all,

 

Since updating to 6.8.3, my remote Plex clients are getting unsufferable buffering. Was working prior to updating.  

When i turn off hardware transcoding, the buffering goes away

Using a Quadro P400.

Any ideas?

I have multiple entries like this before the system becomes unresponsive:

 

Apr 1 08:06:30 MASTER kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
Apr 1 08:06:30 MASTER kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs

 

Removed the GPU Statistics Plugin, and the log entries reduced.

Will see if it crashes again.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, ZooMass said:

Unmanic is another good container. It's dead simple, you just point it at a directory and it converts x264 video files to HEVC.

Does it support nvidia now?

haven't found in the forum if 6.9.0-beta1 is already supported by the nvidia plugin ?

 

39 minutes ago, ephigenie said:

haven't found in the forum if 6.9.0-beta1 is already supported by the nvidia plugin ?

 

did u took a look in the plugin if there is a 6.9 available ? i dont use it, but thats where i d look ;)

I'm trying to install nVidia Unraid Builds 6.8.3.

But I got this message after the installation: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.   

1649292598_2020-04-0221_30_41-MediaServer_Unraid-Nvidia.png.f034b49066a4422113a43c0f3d20fb2c.png

 

I have a nVidia GT710 installed (should be supported), and it has been recognized by the system.

1674624195_2020-04-0221_34_21-login-froot(MediaServer).png.3ba32c47ba6c12412a2aec26a00e9932.png 

Does anyone have the same issue, how to solve this problem? Thanks!

Not sure if I'm recalling things correctly or not, but ...

 

I think because of the large level of efforts required that Beta builds are typically not targetted, only once they hit RC Release Candidates. In the past there have been over 3 non-RC builds released in a single day, and nearly half dozen in 1 week. 

5 hours ago, soloandy said:

I'm trying to install nVidia Unraid Builds 6.8.3.

But I got this message after the installation: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.   

1649292598_2020-04-0221_30_41-MediaServer_Unraid-Nvidia.png.f034b49066a4422113a43c0f3d20fb2c.png

 

I have a nVidia GT710 installed (should be supported), and it has been recognized by the system.

1674624195_2020-04-0221_34_21-login-froot(MediaServer).png.3ba32c47ba6c12412a2aec26a00e9932.png 

Does anyone have the same issue, how to solve this problem? Thanks!

It's likely nvidia-smi doesn't support the 710.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:53 PM, BRiT said:

Not sure if I'm recalling things correctly or not, but ...

 

I think because of the large level of efforts required that Beta builds are typically not targetted, only once they hit RC Release Candidates. In the past there have been over 3 non-RC builds released in a single day, and nearly half dozen in 1 week. 

Oh i see, i didn't know about the amount of releases per day. Any chance to automate it ?

11 minutes ago, ephigenie said:

Oh i see, i didn't know about the amount of releases per day. Any chance to automate it ?

I suggest reading the linked comment on this thread, saying "Thank you!" for all the volunteered effort by the dev team, and waiting patiently. If you have some skills, maybe you can help though. I'm sure CHBMB and the rest if the team would appreciate another set of hands!

 

 

13 minutes ago, JesterEE said:

I suggest reading the linked comment on this thread, saying "Thank you!" for all the volunteered effort by the dev team, and waiting patiently. If you have some skills, maybe you can help though. I'm sure CHBMB and the rest if the team would appreciate another set of hands!

 

 

Ok understood. I'll keep on reading this in full first. Thanks. And thank you for the Team who already put so much effort in making it happening.

I am getting "Checking SHA 256's: failed!". From my research earlier on this forum it is mentioned it might be a DNS issue. I have no idea where to begin trouble shooting this or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

 

I do have xfinity/Comcast which has caused issues in the past if that is relevant at all. Also installing on unraid 6.8.3, I originally was on 6.8.2 but tried updating to see if that fixed it. My GPU is a Quadro K2200 which is listed as compatible.

Is an AMD version possible?

I would happily donate generously to have AMD cards running in containers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.