[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

This is incredible! Great work! I need to find a spot to fit another GPU in my system for this :)

My only question is that I'm having to used a patched kernel already. I'm assuming these won't be compatible with each other since it builds a new bzImage right?

5 minutes ago, m0ngr31 said:

This is incredible! Great work! I need to find a spot to fit another GPU in my system for this :)

My only question is that I'm having to used a patched kernel already. I'm assuming these won't be compatible with each other since it builds a new bzImage right?

Correct, although iirc you only replace bzimage for your needs.  So you may get lucky if you continue to do the same.

• Like 1

Having some trouble getting this to work with my Plex Media Server.

Unraid version 6.6.6

This is my docker cmd

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --cpuset-cpus='2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31' -e TZ="America/Halifax" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-386029cb-55e6-6dca-a528-b1eaf7fdc74f' -v '/mnt/user/media/':'/media':'rw' -v '/dev/shm/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw,slave' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex'
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

When I removed 

--runtime=nvidia

My docker will startup no problem but no nvidia support.

This works with my Emby Docker but the Plex Media Server

tower-diagnostics-20190210-0059.zip

Edited by deaerator
5 minutes ago, cammelspit said:

My only real question is, how can I know my GPU will support this before I install it? I swear, I will buy a new GPU JUST for this if I have to!

This is such good news, I seriously cannot contain my excitement!

my guess would be

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

so 1050 up ... you should be good to go

Edited by alturismo

Having trouble with the runtime not working.

when i first installed the plugin docker was able to use the nvidia runtime after a restart of a plex container docker started throwing the unknown runtime error. i reinstalled the stock unraid...then reboot.... then reinstall nvidia build. same thing no nvidia runtime.

i am able to run nvidia-smi from unraids shell all is good there

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

OK got it - i was able to run docker with the runtime from the shell then i removed the unraid template and used a new template from the community apps and unraid was then able to fire up the nvidia runtime. i then was able to successfully use the GPU for plex

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 10.48.33 PM.png

Edited by RCFilm
My only real question is, how can I know my GPU will support this before I install it? I swear, I will buy a new GPU JUST for this if I have to!

This is such good news, I seriously cannot contain my excitement!
There's a link in the plugin to the Nvidia site, select your driver there and it will tell you what cards are supported. Transcoding ability does vary between cards though, so you will need to do some research.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
may a question about multi usability, currently i use the igpu for multiply dockers.

emby, plex, tvheadend ... they all also can run simultan, would this also work with this nvidia implentation or
same behavior when using docker & VM ?
You should be able to use this for multiple containers.

for some reason, when i tried installing nvidia driver for unraid 6.6.6, i got this error "Checking SHA 256's: failed!". is it a bug or is there a solution for it? 
It's not a bug. Generally it's a DNS issue or something on your LAN causing it, as to a solution, it's something I've never been able to reproduce as we occasionally see the same thing with the DVB plugin. I'd be taking a look at DNS personally.

• trurl locked this topic