Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

21 minutes ago, bigmac5753 said:

Is an AMD version possible?

I would happily donate generously to have AMD cards running in containers.

Plex does not support AMD video cards in Linux; just Windows.  Don't know about other containers where it may be used.

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Plex does not support AMD video cards in Linux; just Windows.  Don't know about other containers where it may be used.

There's several containers I have in mind including folding@home.

1 hour ago, bigmac5753 said:

There's several containers I have in mind including folding@home.

I don't actually believe AMD provide the same solutions for using their cards within docker like nvidia do.

can i run multi gpu for one docker app below is my setup i like to do 

have two gpus setup for one tdarr app working on transcodes

GeForce GTX 950 

                               unraid nvidia        docker      tdarr

GeForce GTX 950 

 

the above setup would be great so i can have more transcodes

about i would like to add plex to the mix too

 

image.thumb.png.30744d75f094811d24bf89cfe07b0a25.png

First specs:

 

unraid 6.8.2 - from the version from the unraid nvidia plugin

threadripper 1950X

128GB Ram

3 x gtx970

1 x quadro 2000

 

 

Hi Guys. I just have a quick question for everyone using the netdata docker in conjunction with unraid nvidia and also everyone else :). I have been trying to pass through my gpus to netdata for like the last 2 weeks trying all different kinds of steps like putting in the correct extra parameters into the docker. I followed what others have done like:

 

On 3/10/2019 at 1:06 AM, Xaero said:

Got this working in netdata!
image.thumb.png.2bf79e1e66e96f36ca185a8aacda6f7c.png
So, don't worry about grabbing a special version, the version from Community Apps is fine.


Steps to reproduce:

Grab the docker from Community Apps.
During the initial container install switch to advanced view, and add --runtime=nvidia to the end of the list.
Add a new variable "NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES" with the value set to "all"
Click done, and let the docker install.
Open a console for the docker.
echo "nvidia_smi: yes" >> /etc/netdata/python.d.conf
Restart the docker.
Enjoy.

 

 

But even with that I cant see nvidia-smi in the docker from the console. I have a folding at home docker and that can see nvidia-smi with no issues but I cant seem to get it to work with the netdata docker. Others have also had this issue with the docker. Are we doing something wrong?

 

Steps I have tried:

Just one gpu

Uninstalling and reinstalling apps, dockers, plugins,

Passing through individual UUIDs of cards rather than just "all"

Running scrips mentioned by others to make sure the correct config is edited

I even went as far as installing random dockers and putting in the above variable and parameters and nvidia-smi worked in them....

 

 

Edited by Markland
be more inclusive

Has anyone got a NVidia GT730 card working? I see it's in the supported driver list but mine doesn't show up. 

27 minutes ago, aussben said:

Has anyone got a NVidia GT730 card working? I see it's in the supported driver list but mine doesn't show up. 

I can't see it on this list https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix so you won't likely be able to use it for transcoding even if it did show up I'm afraid.

42 minutes ago, aussben said:

Has anyone got a NVidia GT730 card working? I see it's in the supported driver list but mine doesn't show up. 

 

13 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

I can't see it on this list https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix so you won't likely be able to use it for transcoding even if it did show up I'm afraid.

GT 730 is on that list, but anything older than previous gen cards are hidden... you need to press the button under "For a complete list, click on the buttons below to open the complete tables"

11 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

GT 730 is on that list

D'OH! Ignore me

Well, for the first time, I am now too getting the dreaded Warning: file_get_contents(https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/?prefix=unraid-nvidia/): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 45

 

etc.

 

I checked it yesterday, was needing to do some encoding so thought I'd try running it, and it worked, but the server was busy, so thought I'd do this morning.  This morning it says this.  That to me says it something external to our networks and more common to the digital ocean side.  I don't run pi-hole or any kind of filtering.  It's direct to internet.  It's a Gigabit Fibre Optic connection and no updates have been applied to the firewall since yesterday.  Just thought this might help to narrow down the cause for someone at some point.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, Markland said:

image.thumb.png.30744d75f094811d24bf89cfe07b0a25.png

First specs:

 

unraid 6.8.2 - from the version from the unraid nvidia plugin

threadripper 1950X

128GB Ram

3 x gtx970

1 x quadro 2000

 

 

Hi Guys. I just have a quick question for everyone using the netdata docker in conjunction with unraid nvidia and also everyone else :). I have been trying to pass through my gpus to netdata for like the last 2 weeks trying all different kinds of steps like putting in the correct extra parameters into the docker. I followed what others have done like:

 

 

But even with that I cant see nvidia-smi in the docker from the console. I have a folding at home docker and that can see nvidia-smi with no issues but I cant seem to get it to work with the netdata docker. Others have also had this issue with the docker. Are we doing something wrong?

 

Steps I have tried:

Just one gpu

Uninstalling and reinstalling apps, dockers, plugins,

Passing through individual UUIDs of cards rather than just "all"

Running scrips mentioned by others to make sure the correct config is edited

I even went as far as installing random dockers and putting in the above variable and parameters and nvidia-smi worked in them....

 

 

nvidia-smi is provided by the nvidia docker runtime. On your netdata docker are you using --runtime=nvidia in the additional parameters? If not it won't have nvidia-smi.

On 4/8/2020 at 6:04 PM, Xaero said:

nvidia-smi is provided by the nvidia docker runtime. On your netdata docker are you using --runtime=nvidia in the additional parameters? If not it won't have nvidia-smi.

I did add the --runtime=nvidia and it didnt work. I was able to get it to work with another container the has a glib added.

 

On 4/7/2020 at 8:44 PM, Markland said:

Guys I posted this on Reddit and got it to work by using a different docker. Linked is the Reddit thread. And what I did:

"I took D34DC3N73R's docker and shoved it in Data-monkey aka roland's template from the CA Hub and tada it works. :D All of my gpus that support nvidia-smi showed up! Now onto custom configs and things. Muahahaha!"

 

I dont know if everything works but it seems to be!

 

D34DC3N73R's docker: https://hub.docker.com/r/d34dc3n73r/netdata-glibc

2 hours ago, Markland said:

I did add the --runtime=nvidia and it didnt work. I was able to get it to work with another container the has a glib added.

 

Interesting, admittedly I don't use the docker myself, the glibc dependency must have either changed or been removed so it doesn't work anymore. Good that you got it working!

Hi,

I don't know if I met a bug or it's just the way it is. I appreciate any comment or idea.

So my graphic card is a gigabyte 1650super windforce which should have their fans stop under certain temperature.  The weird thing here is that whenever I start emby in docker, the fan speed is 0(which is right). However, whenever emby is not started, fan speed will be at about 60% and temperature below 30 celcius. I tried to type in nvidia-smi -l in ssh when emby is not started and the fan stops in a few seconds, and it keeps that way as long as nvidia-smi -l runs in background, but if I hit ctrl+C to stop the nvidia-smi -l from running, the fan speed again goes up to 60%.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, deaerator said:

Is it possible to use the Nvidia runtime Docker container instead of the plugin? 

Negative. The plugin is needed to install the nvidia-unraid build to the usb boot drive. Without this plugin Nvidia GPUs wouldn't work at all with unraid.

I have a nvidia quadro p2000 GPU on unraid build 6.8.3 and with the GPU Stats plug-in i get the “nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs” filling up my syllogism. Once removed it no longer writes to the syllogism.

i am still struggling to get the nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 to work.   i am still getting the following error  any ideas?

 

image.png.5497404ecb1c6f8935ab10f1eb551446.png

Would it be possible to get a version of this for the Tesla cards, I have a K20 I'd love to use for transcoding on my Plex server for my remote users (I don't use H265, so the Tesla card would work great for my needs), but it won't work with the stock Nvidia drivers.  Nvidia has a seperate driver series for the Tesla cards apparently, the latest of which is available here:  https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/158193/en-us

 

On 3/22/2020 at 2:51 PM, JesterEE said:

No problem.

 

I just want to be clear, this seems to be an underlying problem in the build ... the a GPU Stats plug-in just makes it more apparent.

 

-JesterEE

Same here even when the GPU Stats plugin removed logs slammed with 

CMD: > /var/log/syslog to truncate it for now, since the log was 422,000 Bytes

Quote

Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]

There's something going on here, on a kernel level I think

nvidia-container-runtime-hook.log

Edited by Fiservedpi
Nvidia container log

On 4/2/2020 at 11:37 PM, soloandy said:

I'm trying to install nVidia Unraid Builds 6.8.3.

But I got this message after the installation: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.   

1649292598_2020-04-0221_30_41-MediaServer_Unraid-Nvidia.png.f034b49066a4422113a43c0f3d20fb2c.png

 

I have a nVidia GT710 installed (should be supported), and it has been recognized by the system.

1674624195_2020-04-0221_34_21-login-froot(MediaServer).png.3ba32c47ba6c12412a2aec26a00e9932.png 

Does anyone have the same issue, how to solve this problem? Thanks!

I'm having the same issue with nVidia Unraid 6.8.3, driver version 440.59. I'm using a gtx 1050 super, however.

 

It worked ok immediately after installing the build, however I have since passed it through to a VM. Upon stopping the VM, nvidia-smi failed. Rebooting Unraid still sees nvidia-smi fail, even before passing through to VM.

2 hours ago, CaptainSandwich said:

I'm having the same issue with nVidia Unraid 6.8.3, driver version 440.59. I'm using a gtx 1050 super, however.

 

It worked ok immediately after installing the build, however I have since passed it through to a VM. Upon stopping the VM, nvidia-smi failed. Rebooting Unraid still sees nvidia-smi fail, even before passing through to VM.

If you are passing the card through to a VM why do you need the Nvidia build in the first place as it is the drivers in the VM that control the card.   I thought the main use case for the Nvidia build was to be able to use hardware transcoding in docker containers?   Your description of your symptoms suggest that the card is not properly resetting when closing down the VM and it takes a power cycle to achieve that.

44 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If you are passing the card through to a VM why do you need the Nvidia build in the first place as it is the drivers in the VM that control the card.   I thought the main use case for the Nvidia build was to be able to use hardware transcoding in docker containers?   Your description of your symptoms suggest that the card is not properly resetting when closing down the VM and it takes a power cycle to achieve that.

Hi itimpi,

 

The intent is to use a secondary gpu for transcoding in emby, however the 1050 super is just for game streaming. Whilst not running a VM, the nvidia drivers allow for the card to enter a low power state. Is this not correct?

 

I have power cycled the machine and still received the nvidia-smi failed message prior to starting VM. 

2 hours ago, CaptainSandwich said:

Hi itimpi,

 

The intent is to use a secondary gpu for transcoding in emby, however the 1050 super is just for game streaming. Whilst not running a VM, the nvidia drivers allow for the card to enter a low power state. Is this not correct?

 

I have power cycled the machine and still received the nvidia-smi failed message prior to starting VM. 

Just had a look at VFIO-PCI Config, looked like the GPU was being bound to the vfio-pci driver. Unbound, restarted, and everything seems to be working fine again. 

1 hour ago, CaptainSandwich said:

Just had a look at VFIO-PCI Config, looked like the GPU was being bound to the vfio-pci driver. Unbound, restarted, and everything seems to be working fine again. 

That makes sense as the binding would hide the card from the Unraid Linux level  It does sound as if might affect your ability to use the card in a VM :(

 

Good day,

 

I recently setup my Unraid server without any issues and have been trying to get the Unraid Nvidia plugin to work. I've installed it twice from the community applications plugin with my Unraid being at 6.8.3 and choosing the Unraid Nvidia 6.8.3. Everything runs fine until the install finishes and it wants me to reboot, when I reboot my Unraid just gets to a certain point and hangs there. I've attached 3 videos of what happens.

 

I'm going to try again but not use community plugin this time, just sucks because I have to set my entire Unraid server back up each time. If anyone is able to assist me that would be great.

 

Here are my specs:

 

Supermicro SuperServer 6047R-E1R24N 24-Bay LFF 4U Rackmount Server
Processor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L v2 2.4GHz 6 Core 15MB Cache Processor
Processor 2: Intel Xeon E5-2630L v2 2.4GHz 6 Core 15MB Cache Processor

LSI SAS 9211-8i

Nvidia Quadro p400

Samsung 16GB 2X 8GB PC3-10600R DDR3 1333MHz 240Pin ECC Reg RDIMM RAM Memory  x4

Unraid Pro v6.8.3

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.