Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

5 hours ago, Janus said:

Sorry to bother you again. But I just realized that UnRAID 6.8.3 Nvidia driver (440.59) does not support Quadro 4000. The latest version of Nvidia supporting Quadro 4000 appears to be 340.108.

 

For that, I have 2 question:

As far as I understand, when you install a "Nvidia Unraid Builds", you have a specific version of Nvidia driver compiled into it. Right ? Is it possible to have a chart of the Nvidia driver version compiled by each "Nvidia Unraid Builds". To find the version with 340.108 ?

If my first assumption is correct, I imagine the version of UnRAID I will have to use will be an old one ... In this case, may I install/compile my own version for the Nvidia driver into the latest version of UnRAID ? and, it will be on UnRAID directly or in my PLEX docker ?

 

I didn't find answer to my question by searching the Forum (but i have no talent to search on a forum) or Google.

 

Thank you very much again, and again.

 

You just have to check the versions you can choose from in the plugin. I don't know which driver version is in the different builds. You also get an older unraid version by doing that.

If you have trouble searching on the forum (it's a bit useless) or using google, I don't think you will be able to compile your own version.

Your best option is to get a card that is still supported.

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I installed my new gpu in to my Unraid server (GTX 1650), installed your plugin, and configured Plex to use my gpu. I didn't hack the driver just installed the one your plugin uses but I was still able to go over the 2 stream limit. Did I miss something? I thought you could only have 2 streams. 

image.png

49 minutes ago, Nixis198 said:

So I installed my new gpu in to my Unraid server (GTX 1650), installed your plugin, and configured Plex to use my gpu. I didn't hack the driver just installed the one your plugin uses but I was still able to go over the 2 stream limit. Did I miss something? I thought you could only have 2 streams. 

image.png

Nvidia upped the limit to 3 due to Covid-19. Not sure if it's just for a limited time or permanent.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, Janus said:

Sorry to bother you again. But I just realized that UnRAID 6.8.3 Nvidia driver (440.59) does not support Quadro 4000. The latest version of Nvidia supporting Quadro 4000 appears to be 340.108.

 

For that, I have 2 question:

As far as I understand, when you install a "Nvidia Unraid Builds", you have a specific version of Nvidia driver compiled into it. Right ? Is it possible to have a chart of the Nvidia driver version compiled by each "Nvidia Unraid Builds". To find the version with 340.108 ?

If my first assumption is correct, I imagine the version of UnRAID I will have to use will be an old one ... In this case, may I install/compile my own version for the Nvidia driver into the latest version of UnRAID ? and, it will be on UnRAID directly or in my PLEX docker ?

 

I didn't find answer to my question by searching the Forum (but i have no talent to search on a forum) or Google.

 

Thank you very much again, and again.

Check the nvidia support site https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

Chances are - the card is quite old - and does not provide very good video encoding and decoding support.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:47 AM, joeloooiz said:

So this got me thinking - I have my default route set on a 10 Gb interface. I've got a four port daughter card (2x 10 Gb, 2x Gb) so I changed the default route to a gigabit port that uses a standard MTU size (1500 whereas the 10 Gb runs at 9000 MTU). 

 

Once I did that it worked perfectly first time. Thanks so much for the help!

Thank you for this post.  My issue cleared up as soon as I changed MTU from 9014 to 1500, even though I am also on a 10GB network.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:05 AM, bytchslappa said:

Check the nvidia support site https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

Chances are - the card is quite old - and does not provide very good video encoding and decoding support.

Thanks for the link. I already have it and it is very usefull. But, is there a possibility, or a way to know wich one is better. At first look, GeForce almost look to have same performance (except  and + with "HEVC B Frame support") and majority of Quadro with "Unrestructed concurent session".

 

But i'm almost sure it's not all. Do we have some test of maximum of concurrent transcode in plex, or other data ?

 

If I have choice between GTX 1070 Ti and GTX 1650 or a Quadro P600, on this link, they looks the same. And I'm almost sure they're not in fact.

 

Thanks,

Edited by Janus

hi have some problems with my unraid i have two GPU nvidia, and what is happening is very strange, i want the first gpu to transcode with Unraid Nvidia to use on plex Docker, and the other gpu to a gaming VM, but the problem is, when i start the plex, the plex dont use the card i sign but the second card, i config everything correcly, before i put the second card i had this working, but now is doing this. and when i try to start the vm with plex turn off the server crash. how can i force the Unraid Nvidia to use only one card and forget the other?

15 minutes ago, luixmod said:

hi have some problems with my unraid i have two GPU nvidia, and what is happening is very strange, i want the first gpu to transcode with Unraid Nvidia to use on plex Docker, and the other gpu to a gaming VM, but the problem is, when i start the plex, the plex dont use the card i sign but the second card, i config everything correcly, before i put the second card i had this working, but now is doing this. and when i try to start the vm with plex turn off the server crash. how can i force the Unraid Nvidia to use only one card and forget the other?

You need to stub the GPU that you want to pass through using the VFIO Pci config plugin and it might work if the two GPU's are in different IOMMU groups.

34 minutes ago, saarg said:

You need to stub the GPU that you want to pass through using the VFIO Pci config plugin and it might work if the two GPU's are in different IOMMU groups.

Yes the two gpus have different iommu groups

Hey! :)

 

Going to update the Unraid OS to 6.8.3.

 

How do I do this right? Should I upgrade the OS from TOOLS. So add new driver in navidia plugin?

Update thru the plug-in page not TOOLS.

19 minutes ago, david279 said:

Update thru the plug-in page not TOOLS.

Ok thx! :)

 

On this: Nvidia Unraid Builds: or this: Stock Unraid Builds:

11 minutes ago, knutarn said:

Ok thx! :)

 

On this: Nvidia Unraid Builds: or this: Stock Unraid Builds:

Isn't that obvious? You do want the Nvidia build, right?

8 minutes ago, saarg said:

Isn't that obvious? You do want the Nvidia build, right?

Yes, but not 100% shore. Wil not fuck my unraid server up xD

40 minutes ago, knutarn said:

Yes, but not 100% shore. Wil not fuck my unraid server up xD

You wouldn't have with either choice 😉

28 minutes ago, License said:

Has anybody encountered any of these errors before? This shows when you go to the Unraid Nvidia settings.

UN Errors.JPG

Looks like networking issues

2 hours ago, License said:

Has anybody encountered any of these errors before? This shows when you go to the Unraid Nvidia settings.

UN Errors.JPG

I'm getting the exact same issue since trying to install this weekend.

Recently I noticed many occurrences of many processes were 'unable to fork, resources not available' errors, and these processes failed to execute.  Suspecting out of memory issue (I have 32GB), I watch the top command for a while when these errors occurring, but it doesn't look that way.
'ps' command surprisingly shows there are 30k+ processes of nv_queue.

-- truncated --
32757 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32758 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32759 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32760 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32761 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32762 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32763 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32764 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32765 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32766 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]
32767 ?        S      0:00 [nv_queue]

# ps ax | grep nv_queue | wc -l
31198

This might come from nvidia driver. I have been using the nvidia build for a long time but the only different thing I do recently is the command

nvidia-smi -pm 1

to enable the persistence mode. Without this command, my graphics card (1080Ti) would always at 55W power when idle. With this command, it's down to 9-12W.

Does anyone encounter this issue?
I believe the very large numbers of nv_queue processes here has rendered the system unstable, depriving many other important processes of resources.

I have rebooted since, and NOT executing the -pm 1 command above. Many hours later now, no such issue. So more or less it's the command that is responsible for it. But of course now, the 55W idle power usage is back an issue.

 

Ok, So i have a quadro m2000 installed into server. shows up under system devices.. does not show up under nvidia.. help?!?!

 

 

Initially had 0 problems with this plugin and Plex, but now the containers are super touchy, sometimes working with --runtime=nvidia and sometimes not. The error I often get is:

 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex2' --net='bridge' --cpuset-cpus='25,26,27,28,29,30,31,57,58,59,60,61,62,63' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='latest' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-1e9824c9-cf6f-9a6d-9b75-dccaa79ba9a1' -p '1901:1900/tcp' -p '32401:32400/tcp' -p '33400:33400/tcp' -v '/mnt/disks/union-thd-plex2/misc/':'/misc':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/disks/union-thd-plex2/misc2/':'/misc2':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/disks/union-thd-plex2/misc3/':'/misc3':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/user/Photos/server2/':'/photos':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/Transcode/plex2':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/nvmepool/appdata/plex2':'/config':'rw,slave' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex' 
598820f4e09e0ac0f5bdb8234210fecdc67487b3d3a3392e094b2683cccd2bdc
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused "process_linux.go:432: running prestart hook 1 caused \"error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: cuda error: initialization error\\n\""": unknown.

The command failed.

EDIT: so when I run 'watch nvidia-smi' it comes up with my gpu, then later says no devices found.

Edited by d2dyno

2 hours ago, cjjermont said:

Ok, So i have a quadro m2000 installed into server. shows up under system devices.. does not show up under nvidia.. help?!?!

 

 

Nvidia doesn't support it in Linux since 2016.

30 minutes ago, d2dyno said:

Initially had 0 problems with this plugin and Plex, but now the containers are super touchy, sometimes working with --runtime=nvidia and sometimes not. The error I often get is:

 


root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex2' --net='bridge' --cpuset-cpus='25,26,27,28,29,30,31,57,58,59,60,61,62,63' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='latest' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-1e9824c9-cf6f-9a6d-9b75-dccaa79ba9a1' -p '1901:1900/tcp' -p '32401:32400/tcp' -p '33400:33400/tcp' -v '/mnt/disks/union-thd-plex2/misc/':'/misc':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/disks/union-thd-plex2/misc2/':'/misc2':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/disks/union-thd-plex2/misc3/':'/misc3':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/user/Photos/server2/':'/photos':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/Transcode/plex2':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/nvmepool/appdata/plex2':'/config':'rw,slave' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex' 
598820f4e09e0ac0f5bdb8234210fecdc67487b3d3a3392e094b2683cccd2bdc
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused "process_linux.go:432: running prestart hook 1 caused \"error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: cuda error: initialization error\\n\""": unknown.

The command failed.

EDIT: so when I run 'watch nvidia-smi' it comes up with my gpu, then later says no devices found.

Sounds like a hardware issue. Might be your power supply can't handle all your hardware.

Any chance for an update to 440.82?

1 hour ago, Unixsystem said:

Any chance for an update to 440.82?

Addressed in the first port

9 hours ago, aptalca said:

Addressed in the first port

But it doesnt, is this plugin abandoned? The first post talks about a plex script while this plugin says its for any gpu pass-through for docker in general.

Hense my question.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.