Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, saarg said:

The only GPU detected is the Intel GPU. So you either bought a dead 1050 or you killed it installing it.

Neither of those options are good, I will do a bit more testing and see what I find. Thanks for your time.

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that my Quadro 600 is not going to work, can anyone recommend me an inexpensive card to encode for Plex in a docker? Max would be 2 concurrent video streams with 4k 10 bit HDR HEVC.

Edited by Pixor

6 minutes ago, Pixor said:

Given that my Quadro 600 is not going to work, can anyone recommend me an inexpensive card to encode for Plex in a docker? Max would be 2 concurrent video streams with 4k 10 bit HDR HEVC.

Quadro P400 should do the trick and can be found on eBay for around $100

2 hours ago, Pixor said:

Given that my Quadro 600 is not going to work, can anyone recommend me an inexpensive card to encode for Plex in a docker? Max would be 2 concurrent video streams with 4k 10 bit HDR HEVC.

I picked up a 1050ti from ebay a year ago for about £90 and it's been perfect for me.  Granted, I've only dabbled with 4K content on it so far, but it seems OK.

I use a Palit 1050ti kalmx which works fine for me.   One of my requirements was that it should be fanless (and thus silent) which precluded any newer cards I could find.  I think you can pick that up on eBay for around £50-£60 at the moment.

Been having issues getting my server to passthrough one GPU to a RTX 2060 to a VM. Every time libvert crash's. I don't have any hardware transcoding on or running. Today I added a Quadro 410 as my primary card for unraid with the RTX 2060 in the other x16 slot and it still crashed. I noticed also today that this plugin is giving me a bunch of errors. I cannot hit do anything in the plugin now, the errors are listed bellow.

 

Warning: file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 45

Warning: file_get_contents(https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/?prefix=unraid-nvidia/): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 45

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 47

Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 70

Warning: array_multisort(): Argument #3 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 73

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 91

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 103

Ignore me! I fixed it, seemed to be an issue with my network adapter. I added a new card and didnt properly move over my primary static IP to it

1 hour ago, Remamian said:

Been having issues getting my server to passthrough one GPU to a RTX 2060 to a VM. Every time libvert crash's. I don't have any hardware transcoding on or running. Today I added a Quadro 410 as my primary card for unraid with the RTX 2060 in the other x16 slot and it still crashed. I noticed also today that this plugin is giving me a bunch of errors. I cannot hit do anything in the plugin now, the errors are listed bellow.

 

Warning: file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 45

Warning: file_get_contents(https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/?prefix=unraid-nvidia/): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 45

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 47

Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 70

Warning: array_multisort(): Argument #3 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 73

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 91

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 103

You need to stub the GPU if you want to pass it through to a VM if you have the Nvidia build installed. As soon as you download and overwrite the original unraid build, the drivers will be loaded for the supported GPUs.

44 minutes ago, saarg said:

You need to stub the GPU if you want to pass it through to a VM if you have the Nvidia build installed. As soon as you download and overwrite the original unraid build, the drivers will be loaded for the supported GPUs.

 

I got the errors all fixed when i properly setup the new Network card. But i still cant get the VM to startup with my GPU. See >> 

 

*Edit, with correct link

 

Edited by Remamian

Hello,

 

Been working on this all morning...started with Space Invaders guide..then followed this thread and everything looks great on my end.  Do you guys have any ideas why my transcoding is not being picked up by my m4000?

 

9aMOPJS.png

KGoPqU9.png

oBT2By2.pngnQnrZPE.png

ACKDGsx.pngTT58Rny.png

 

I've also tried setting NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES = all

 

56 minutes ago, waymon said:

Hello,

 

Been working on this all morning...started with Space Invaders guide..then followed this thread and everything looks great on my end.  Do you guys have any ideas why my transcoding is not being picked up by my m4000?

 

9aMOPJS.png

KGoPqU9.png

oBT2By2.pngnQnrZPE.png

ACKDGsx.pngTT58Rny.png

 

I've also tried setting NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES = all

 

Did you enable hardware acceleration in plex settings and do you have plexpass?

1 hour ago, saarg said:

Did you enable hardware acceleration in plex settings and do you have plexpass?

Yes & Yes.

 

UlVpJ8X.png

ptDbS0e.png

@linuxserver.io Thanks for your work on this. I know new builds aren't typically released until a new release of Unraid is available, but there is a fairly serious bug fixed in driver version 450.36.06. 

 

Basically the new drive allows a graphics card to return to P-state P8, instead of being stuck at P-state P0.

@ryanhaver You can do it yourself using the new Unraid-Kernel-Helper docker.  That let you build your own version, and you can add the new beta Nvidia driver.

3 hours ago, waymon said:

Yes & Yes.

 

UlVpJ8X.png

ptDbS0e.png

Then I don't know what is happening.

Might want to try if it works using our container.

On 6/21/2020 at 8:38 PM, linuxserver.io said:

v6.9.0-beta22 being uploaded.

Just installed it. nvidia-smi shows no hardware transcoding on my 1050 Ti on binhex-plex. Was previously on 6.8.3 with everything working...

On 6/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, saarg said:

Then I don't know what is happening.

Might want to try if it works using our container.

Thanks. I tried the Official plex container...still no dice ;(

1 hour ago, bigbangus said:

Just installed it. nvidia-smi shows no hardware transcoding on my 1050 Ti on binhex-plex. Was previously on 6.8.3 with everything working...

What does Plex say?

41 minutes ago, waymon said:

Thanks. I tried the Official plex container...still no dice ;(

Try ours, not the official one.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

What does Plex say?

Plex "now playing" was showing hw transcoding, but playback was intermittent and stalling. nvidia-smi watch was showing no instances at all. All the gpu id stuff looked correct in the container. I rolled back to nvidia 6.8.3 to keep my users happy.

 

Anybody else have issues? I was hoping to see if linux kernel 5.7 would solve my AMD audio/usb passthrough issues. I don't want to have to compile my own stuff. 

1 hour ago, saarg said:

Try ours, not the official one.

Thank you.  Still no luck :( It no like my m4000 :(

 

 

50 minutes ago, waymon said:

Thank you.  Still no luck :( It no like my m4000 :(

 

 

Post your docker run command and a screenshot of the Nvidia plugin page.

Edited by saarg

1 hour ago, saarg said:

Post your docker run command and a screenshot of the Nvidia plugin page.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-54955277-9286-fded-8f31-020baf163fa1' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/media/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/TV Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '/config/transcode':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/Comedy/':'/comedy/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex'

cbc630a408b5e6d77fcbb4ab61c3d4f45bb0c3db1dfd4cc95a24da0ea6ff0178

The command finished successfully!

 

MhtHxC0.png

10 hours ago, waymon said:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-54955277-9286-fded-8f31-020baf163fa1' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/media/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/TV Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '/config/transcode':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/Comedy/':'/comedy/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex'

cbc630a408b5e6d77fcbb4ab61c3d4f45bb0c3db1dfd4cc95a24da0ea6ff0178

The command finished successfully!

 

MhtHxC0.png

That looks correct. What doesn't look correct is your transcode bind mount. You have mapped /config/transcode on unraid, which is not a user share in unraid so it gets created in ram. Dopu should fix that.

You can also tr to add a new variable for NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES and set it to all and see if that changes anything.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.