Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, cjjermont said:

image.png.663f6376c27270f778af9d45e78d7781.pngimage.png.8046f6a72cd868c276e75950a3dac54e.png

root@Tower:~# lspci -k
00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Root Complex
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Device 7b79
00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) I/O Memory Management Unit
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) I/O Memory Management Unit
00:01.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:01.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) PCIe GPP Bridge
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:01.3 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) PCIe GPP Bridge
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:02.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:03.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:03.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) PCIe GPP Bridge
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:04.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:07.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:07.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to Bus B
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:08.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:08.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to Bus B
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SMBus Controller (rev 59)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] FCH SMBus Controller
        Kernel driver in use: piix4_smbus
        Kernel modules: i2c_piix4
00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH LPC Bridge (rev 51)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] FCH LPC Bridge
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Data Fabric: Device 18h; Function 0
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Data Fabric: Device 18h; Function 1
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Data Fabric: Device 18h; Function 2
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Data Fabric: Device 18h; Function 3
        Kernel driver in use: k10temp
        Kernel modules: k10temp
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Data Fabric: Device 18h; Function 4
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Data Fabric: Device 18h; Function 5
00:18.6 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Data Fabric: Device 18h; Function 6
00:18.7 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Data Fabric: Device 18h; Function 7
01:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Sandisk Corp WD Black 2018/PC SN720 NVMe SSD
        Subsystem: Sandisk Corp WD Black 2018/PC SN720 NVMe SSD
        Kernel driver in use: nvme
        Kernel modules: nvme
03:00.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 43d0 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1142
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
03:00.1 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 400 Series Chipset SATA Controller (rev 01)
        Subsystem: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1062
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel modules: ahci
03:00.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 400 Series Chipset PCIe Bridge (rev 01)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
20:00.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 400 Series Chipset PCIe Port (rev 01)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
20:01.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 400 Series Chipset PCIe Port (rev 01)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
20:02.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 400 Series Chipset PCIe Port (rev 01)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
20:03.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 400 Series Chipset PCIe Port (rev 01)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
20:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 400 Series Chipset PCIe Port (rev 01)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
20:08.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 400 Series Chipset PCIe Port (rev 01)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
22:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
        Kernel driver in use: r8169
        Kernel modules: r8169
25:00.0 RAID bus controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions HBA Ctrl SAS 6G 0/1 [D2607]
        Kernel driver in use: mpt3sas
        Kernel modules: mpt3sas
26:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host Controller
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host Controller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
27:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM206GL [Quadro M2000] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation GM206GL [Quadro M2000]
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia
27:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GM206 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1190
28:00.0 Non-Essential Instrumentation [1300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Zeppelin/Raven/Raven2 PCIe Dummy Function
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Zeppelin/Raven/Raven2 PCIe Dummy Function
28:00.2 Encryption controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Platform Security Processor
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Platform Security Processor
        Kernel driver in use: ccp
        Kernel modules: ccp
28:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) USB 3.0 Host Controller
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] USB3 Host Controller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
29:00.0 Non-Essential Instrumentation [1300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Zeppelin/Renoir PCIe Dummy Function
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Zeppelin/Renoir PCIe Dummy Function
29:00.2 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 51)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode]
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel modules: ahci
29:00.3 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) HD Audio Controller
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Device cb79

 

 

only card is the m2000 right for all this

 

 

Which unrad version are you running?

If you are running the 6.9 beta, try using 6.8.3 if you haven't tested it. If that doesn't work. I don't know what the issue is.

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which unrad version are you running?
If you are running the 6.9 beta, try using 6.8.3 if you haven't tested it. If that doesn't work. I don't know what the issue is.

I’ve tried both version.. may give up, sell the m2000 and get gtx, m2000 is a strong card :/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 minute ago, cjjermont said:


I’ve tried both version.. may give up, sell the m2000 and get gtx, m2000 is a strong card :/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post the diagnostics.zip

22 minutes ago, cjjermont said:
Jul  3 15:46:20 Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
Jul  3 15:46:20 Tower kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Jul  3 15:46:21 Tower kernel: nvidia 0000:28:00.0: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x0012 address=0x73558180 flags=0x0000]
Jul  3 15:46:21 Tower kernel: nvidia 0000:28:00.0: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x0012 address=0x7c557000 flags=0x0000]
Jul  3 15:46:21 Tower kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:28:00.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x26:0xffff:1227)
Jul  3 15:46:21 Tower kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:28:00.0: rm_init_adapter failed, device minor number 1

This is probably your issue. Why it's happening I don't know, but it might have to do with virtualisation. If you don't use VM's, try turning off AMD-vi in the bios. Might be called iommu also.

2 hours ago, saarg said:

Jul  3 15:46:20 Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
Jul  3 15:46:20 Tower kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Jul  3 15:46:21 Tower kernel: nvidia 0000:28:00.0: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x0012 address=0x73558180 flags=0x0000]
Jul  3 15:46:21 Tower kernel: nvidia 0000:28:00.0: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x0012 address=0x7c557000 flags=0x0000]
Jul  3 15:46:21 Tower kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:28:00.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x26:0xffff:1227)
Jul  3 15:46:21 Tower kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:28:00.0: rm_init_adapter failed, device minor number 1

This is probably your issue. Why it's happening I don't know, but it might have to do with virtualisation. If you don't use VM's, try turning off AMD-vi in the bios. Might be called iommu also.

turned off iommu, and svm, results are....nothing...attached are new diagnostics..i didnt see that warning in the logs..but still not showing on nvidia plugin

tower-diagnostics-20200703-2206.zip

11 hours ago, cjjermont said:

turned off iommu, and svm, results are....nothing...attached are new diagnostics..i didnt see that warning in the logs..but still not showing on nvidia plugin

tower-diagnostics-20200703-2206.zip 103.13 kB · 0 downloads

The same errors still exists in the log.

Have you tested if the card really works? Attached a monitor to it, tried installing windows or using it in a VM?

It might also be incompatability between your motherboard and the m2000.

The same errors still exists in the log.
Have you tested if the card really works? Attached a monitor to it, tried installing windows or using it in a VM?
It might also be incompatability between your motherboard and the m2000.

So upon further checks quadro series is not compatible with msi gaming so.. may be getting 1050ti, similar spectacle. Thank you everybody


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will not transcode. if i switch something in plex to hardware trancsode it stops..what am i missing...

image.png.36cbfe2c117b82d9a2c13058ca889969.png

 

image.png.a6a7eec7ff2bc28c6f4276f735a6e3ae.pngimage.png.d0bb74d3c104783c44ee23c86381da56.pngimage.png.d9251a5173d317fb1edc659e3946532f.pngimage.png.37558d5ef7fa2270265180d2184410ed.pngimage.png.89467fc9df1ad22e0e4e2780cb7df9f1.png

image.png

 

image.png

Edited by cjjermont

also attached diagnostics, i know the 1050ti works..just wont transcode.. i have a msi x570 motherboard..what am i missing..

tower-diagnostics-20200704-1819.zip

got it fixed, went back to 6.8.3, and it solved it
 

Plex using wrong GPU

Hi,
I have a two GPU unraid set up. The P400 is for plex transcoding and the 1050ti is for VM usage. Anyhow, Plex uses the wrong GPU for transcoding so when starting a VM, unraid crashes.

How do I force plex to use the P400? Three set up photos attached. 

52C55DE5-0A6E-4AEA-9904-A10CE8B6093A.jpeg

FF5793F1-7ABD-4104-8AD4-308829B7099D.jpeg

AA58933B-02B0-4994-AF40-675D0AADD8C8.jpeg

1 hour ago, stridemat said:

Plex using wrong GPU

Hi,
I have a two GPU unraid set up. The P400 is for plex transcoding and the 1050ti is for VM usage. Anyhow, Plex uses the wrong GPU for transcoding so when starting a VM, unraid crashes.

How do I force plex to use the P400? Three set up photos attached. 

52C55DE5-0A6E-4AEA-9904-A10CE8B6093A.jpeg

FF5793F1-7ABD-4104-8AD4-308829B7099D.jpeg

AA58933B-02B0-4994-AF40-675D0AADD8C8.jpeg

You have to turn off privileged mode as that is giving the container full access to all devices.

You can also stub the VM using the vfio plugin so the drivers are not loaded for the 1050ti.

Edited by saarg

6 hours ago, saarg said:

You have to turn off privileged mode as that is giving the container full access to all devices.

You can also stub the VM using the vfio plugin so the drivers are not loaded for the 1050ti.

Thanks. Turning off privileged mode seems to have done it. 

Plex using wrong GPU
Hi,
I have a two GPU unraid set up. The P400 is for plex transcoding and the 1050ti is for VM usage. Anyhow, Plex uses the wrong GPU for transcoding so when starting a VM, unraid crashes.

How do I force plex to use the P400? Three set up photos attached. 
52C55DE5-0A6E-4AEA-9904-A10CE8B6093A.thumb.jpeg.510a889c7f0b3e9e446ad8c0643eef67.jpeg
FF5793F1-7ABD-4104-8AD4-308829B7099D.thumb.jpeg.a0ee4d0b1939392771de604d187303d1.jpeg
AA58933B-02B0-4994-AF40-675D0AADD8C8.thumb.jpeg.962d249a1441f052b5b49b6eb5c3069f.jpeg

Out of curiosity what are you using your second card for with the VMs?
5 hours ago, tmchow said:


Out of curiosity what are you using your second card for with the VMs?

Yes. Using with some VM’s that are spun up as needed. 

On 7/2/2020 at 8:58 AM, Solverz said:

Just out of curiosity, try and do a fresh install of unraid on a spare USB, unplug your original unraid usb and put in the spare one.

(Don't start the array or anything or assign any drives as if you assign them incorrectly you could lose data)

Then install unraid nvidia.

 

Now see if that boots okay and if it does you definitely know that there's something on your original unraid install that is causing an issue.

Just to rule out anything hardware related possibly?

I tried this with a new blank config and saw the same issues and I also tried ich777 - Nvidia/DVB Kernel Helper/Builder Docker with the same results. So there must be something with my hardware and the nvidia driver, I just do not know where to begin on how to troubleshoot it. Any advice would be appreciated.

I went through these posts but didn't see anything to help me figure out my issue. I apologize if I missed it.

 

I am running a dell r710  I just installed a p2000. I followed Spaceinvader one's video  

Here is my watch nvidia-smi

Every 2.0s: nvidia-smi                                                                                                                          Tower: Tue Jul  7 09:02:15 2020

Tue Jul  7 09:02:16 2020
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 440.59       Driver Version: 440.59       CUDA Version: 10.2     |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  Quadro P2000        Off  | 00000000:07:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 70%   43C    P0    16W /  75W |      0MiB /  5059MiB |      0%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |
|  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|  No running processes found                                                 |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

 

I have attached  a diag, if there is something else

 

Thanks for your help

 

Chas

p2000.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20200707-0859.zip

1 hour ago, kysdaddy said:

I went through these posts but didn't see anything to help me figure out my issue. I apologize if I missed it.

 

I am running a dell r710  I just installed a p2000. I followed Spaceinvader one's video  

Here is my watch nvidia-smi

Every 2.0s: nvidia-smi                                                                                                                          Tower: Tue Jul  7 09:02:15 2020

Tue Jul  7 09:02:16 2020
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 440.59       Driver Version: 440.59       CUDA Version: 10.2     |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  Quadro P2000        Off  | 00000000:07:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 70%   43C    P0    16W /  75W |      0MiB /  5059MiB |      0%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |
|  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|  No running processes found                                                 |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

 

I have attached  a diag, if there is something else

 

Thanks for your help

 

Chas

p2000.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20200707-0859.zip 156.22 kB · 0 downloads

And what is the issue?

 

Please use the code tag when posting text, as the formatting is lost when just posting it in the post. Even better to post a screenshot.

Sorry, the issue is that when I run "watch nvidia-smi" to verify that my P2000 is doing the transcoding of my plex movies, it says "No running processes found "

rather than showing that the p2000 is doing the transcoding.

image.png.5151df06dc12ab047f8e4c93d6a07e6b.png

Am I misunderstanding this, shouldn't it show that the Nvidia card is doing the transcoding?

 

Thanks

27 minutes ago, kysdaddy said:

Sorry, the issue is that when I run "watch nvidia-smi" to verify that my P2000 is doing the transcoding of my plex movies, it says "No running processes found "

rather than showing that the p2000 is doing the transcoding.

image.png.5151df06dc12ab047f8e4c93d6a07e6b.png

Am I misunderstanding this, shouldn't it show that the Nvidia card is doing the transcoding?

 

Thanks

You have not posted anything about how you have set up Plex. Post a screenshot of the template, or the docker run command. Also show us a screenshot of the transcoder settings in Plex and the stream info when playing a movie.

You do have Plex pass?

I followed Spaceinvader first using binhex plexpass, that didn't work. I stopped that docker and installed plex/linuxserver these are the settings that I have included.

 

I hope that this is what you needed and apologize for not being clear.

 

 

 

image.thumb.png.e491b841e03e3ba735f987868cd3add0.png

image.png.84c0d983202d77157d867cee4a0da4dc.pngimage.png.eff92f666db013680666133fea4d533c.png

image.thumb.png.37efdf54ddf78cbafb88693963f0c1ed.png

I am trying to pass a 1050ti to a plex docker (have tried several flavors) and something is wrong. When plex goes to transcode, it hangs. I can switch back to a non-transcoded stream and it hums along nicely. The log for my Unraid has these messages in it :<kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]> and <kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs>.

 

I THINK: I have set up the docker containers as instructed. I have installed nvidia-unraid as instructed and I have set up plex properly

 

I have a GTX 710 that was my Unraid UI GPU, and I tried removing that from the system, no help.

I am booting to headless unraid.

 

Whole System:

Threadripper 2950x

Designare EX X399

64GB Memory

GTX 1050ti

GTX 710

Running 6.9 b22

 

PS: I can use the GPU in Folding at home just fine, so I am thinking I have plex wrongly configured???

On 6/22/2020 at 1:38 AM, linuxserver.io said:

v6.9.0-beta22 being uploaded.

Hi guys,

 

Are you guys experiencing issues with Plex transcoding with 6.9.0-beta22?

Symtoms:

  • File takes forever to load. Checking nvidia-smi shows "Plex Media Server" process using the GPU, instead of the usual "Plex Transcoder" process. The PMS process would drop in and out.
  • Every now and then, the Plex Transcoder process is launched after about 1-2 minute wait then the video is transcoded. In most cases though, I can wait an hour and the video stays on the loading screen at 00:00.
  • Checking Plex log, it seems to suggest the PMS process is used to check capabilities of the GPU but it fails and ends up in a loop of trying to check and failing.

I didn't change Plex config prior to seeing this, which happened right after updating reboot. I have tested with all combinations of config that I can think of, including changing GPU between my 1070 and P2000 and nothing fixed it, except for downgrading to 6.8.3.

 

Tested custom kernel with ".100" Nvidia driver and exactly the same issue. Unfortunately can't get the kernel to compile with the old Nvidia driver.

 

Only Plex has this problem (I use the LSIO docker for max compatibility). Jellyfin, Handbrake, F@H are all fine with the GPU.

 

 

5 hours ago, gtroyp said:

I am trying to pass a 1050ti to a plex docker (have tried several flavors) and something is wrong. When plex goes to transcode, it hangs. I can switch back to a non-transcoded stream and it hums along nicely. The log for my Unraid has these messages in it :<kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]> and <kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs>.

...

Whole System:

Threadripper 2950x

...

PS: I can use the GPU in Folding at home just fine, so I am thinking I have plex wrongly configured???

I have exactly the same problem with the P2000. Transcoding is back to normal simply by downgrading to 6.8.3 Unraid Nvidia.

My suspicion is something to do with the Nvidia driver and/or kernel incompatibility.

 

I have been thinking about having a backup media server solution because Plex has gone quite bloated lately. I'm now setting Plex to software transcode and Jellyfin to hardware transcode just to see how things go. Maybe will move permanently away from Plex.

 

13 hours ago, kysdaddy said:

I followed Spaceinvader first using binhex plexpass, that didn't work. I stopped that docker and installed plex/linuxserver these are the settings that I have included.

 

I hope that this is what you needed and apologize for not being clear.

 

 

 

image.thumb.png.e491b841e03e3ba735f987868cd3add0.png

image.png.84c0d983202d77157d867cee4a0da4dc.pngimage.png.eff92f666db013680666133fea4d533c.png

image.thumb.png.37efdf54ddf78cbafb88693963f0c1ed.png

You do have Plex pass? You didn't answer that question in your last post.

 

You can try to set Nvidia visible devices to all, and see if it works then.

 

Which version of unraid are you using?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.