Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

46 minutes ago, blure007 said:

Wondering if anyone has any idea why my transcodes are not showing up under nvidia-smi? It goes from No running processes found to empty. I've verified that I see the GPU utilization increases and Plex is reporting it as hardware transcoding.

 

2.PNG.62ce1cf410978ac9ee12b65deef153e1.PNG

 

3.PNG

Are you checking in the container or unraid?

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what I do, when I go to transcoder I am not seeing hardware acceleration option there? Any help would be appreciated.    Using a 750ti

5 hours ago, saarg said:

Are you checking in the container or unraid?

Was looking in the Docker image but I tried in the Unraid console and all good! Thanks!

3 hours ago, Abhi said:

No matter what I do, when I go to transcoder I am not seeing hardware acceleration option there? Any help would be appreciated.    Using a 750ti

There are no options in this plugin.

You are probably talking about an application, but since you don't mention which, it's hard to help.

Edited by saarg

24 minutes ago, saarg said:

There are no options in this plugin.

You are probably talking about an application, but since you don't mention which, it's hard to help.

Sorry. Yes, I meant in Plex itself. I've done whats mentioned in OP, but for some reason the actual option to enable HW decoding/encoding is not showing in Plex transcoder settings

52 minutes ago, Abhi said:

Sorry. Yes, I meant in Plex itself. I've done whats mentioned in OP, but for some reason the actual option to enable HW decoding/encoding is not showing in Plex transcoder settings

This option is not there? You need plexpass for hardware acceleration.

Screenshot_20200601-012925.png

2 minutes ago, saarg said:

This option is not there? You need plexpass for hardware acceleration.

Screenshot_20200601-012925.png

I didnt have plex pass! That solved it. Thank you! 

Hey so I am just wondering here but is there an issue with Unraid and Nvidia 6.8.3 ? Reason I asked is because I was hesitant to upgrade from 6.8.0 and I finally did it this morning but it broke plex. Anyway I tried to update to the latest Nvidia drivers for 6.8.3 using Unraid Nvidia and one it took almost two hours for it to download and update only for it to fail and not install. I tried it again and it failed the SH5 check and did not work. I figured I would maybe try the drivers for 6.8.2 only for that to fail as well. So after half a day of trying to get the Unraid Nvidia drivers to install and load I just rolled back to 6.8.0 which worked right away.   

8 hours ago, SiRMarlon said:

Hey so I am just wondering here but is there an issue with Unraid and Nvidia 6.8.3 ? Reason I asked is because I was hesitant to upgrade from 6.8.0 and I finally did it this morning but it broke plex. Anyway I tried to update to the latest Nvidia drivers for 6.8.3 using Unraid Nvidia and one it took almost two hours for it to download and update only for it to fail and not install. I tried it again and it failed the SH5 check and did not work. I figured I would maybe try the drivers for 6.8.2 only for that to fail as well. So after half a day of trying to get the Unraid Nvidia drivers to install and load I just rolled back to 6.8.0 which worked right away.   

1. You can't update to stock unraid and expect any container using the Nvidia GPU to start. You don't need to update to stock unraid first.

 

2. It's not only the drivers that are downloaded. It's a full unraid version that replaces the existing unraid install.

 

3. You have a network issue. It might be local, your ISP or the hosting we use for the files.

17 hours ago, saarg said:

1. You can't update to stock unraid and expect any container using the Nvidia GPU to start. You don't need to update to stock unraid first.

 

2. It's not only the drivers that are downloaded. It's a full unraid version that replaces the existing unraid install.

 

3. You have a network issue. It might be local, your ISP or the hosting we use for the files.

Hmmm I think there is a disconnect here ... I was updating Unraid from 6.8.0 to 6.8.3 and I knew it was going to break as it had done this before when I switched from 6.7 to 6.8. I get that part. After I upgraded to 6.8.3 I knew I was going to have to update the Nvidia drivers to the latest version for 6.8.3. That is when the issues started. It def was not my ISP as I ran a few speed test to verify it wasn't my end of things that were slow. But regardless like I stated I rolled back to 6.8.0 after I couldn't get the Nvidia drivers to download and install correctly ... it is what it is. Just figured I'd let you all know. 

5 hours ago, SiRMarlon said:

Hmmm I think there is a disconnect here ... I was updating Unraid from 6.8.0 to 6.8.3 and I knew it was going to break as it had done this before when I switched from 6.7 to 6.8. I get that part. After I upgraded to 6.8.3 I knew I was going to have to update the Nvidia drivers to the latest version for 6.8.3. That is when the issues started. It def was not my ISP as I ran a few speed test to verify it wasn't my end of things that were slow. But regardless like I stated I rolled back to 6.8.0 after I couldn't get the Nvidia drivers to download and install correctly ... it is what it is. Just figured I'd let you all know. 

I think you misunderstand how this addon works. It doesn't download nvidia drivers. It downloads and installs a custom unraid (the whole operating system). You don't have to upgrade or downgrade unraid itself. You just install an nvidia build (or stock) through the addon.

Im experiencing CUDA errors in Tdarr and my Waifu2x vm despite my card being a GTX 1650 Super. I believe I need to update my display drivers. I understand that this team only does for major releases/bug fixes. Is following these instructions the correct approach to updating the drivers for the whole of Unraid-Nvidia including VMs? Do I have the right idea here?

7 hours ago, mason1171 said:

Im experiencing CUDA errors in Tdarr and my Waifu2x vm despite my card being a GTX 1650 Super. I believe I need to update my display drivers. I understand that this team only does for major releases/bug fixes. Is following these instructions the correct approach to updating the drivers for the whole of Unraid-Nvidia including VMs? Do I have the right idea here?

If you pass through the GPU to a VM the Nvidia build doesn't have any effect on what you install in a VM.

15 hours ago, saarg said:

If you pass through the GPU to a VM the Nvidia build doesn't have any effect on what you install in a VM.

Thanks for the response. Am I understanding this right? : Drivers within a Windows VM are separate from unraid_nvidia drivers so the problem is in the vm.

28 minutes ago, mason1171 said:

Thanks for the response. Am I understanding this right? : Drivers within a Windows VM are separate from unraid_nvidia drivers so the problem is in the vm.

 

Yes, 2 differents thing.  You can Passthru a GPU to a VM and this GPU will be dedicated to the VM (Can't be use with Dockers at the same time).  If you do not pass it to a VM, then you can use the GPU in multiple Dockers running at the same time.

 

Hey all, just thought I'd post that we are super lucky because we now have two methods of getting nvidia support in Unraid.  This plugin, which has served us well and now via a community kernel another method here. 

 

The main two differences with this new one are:

 

1 - You can choose any nvidia driver version you like (and change it whenever you like, or just set to latest)

2 - It supports future unraid versions (including beta versions) without having to wait for others to get around to making it work.

 

As a bonus it also includes the option of DVB drivers (previously you couldn't run both DVB and Nvidia kernels) and it also includes ZFS option, which is pretty neat.

 

I'm running it and it works well for me, just thought I should share.

 

Thanks,

 

Marshalleq.

 

Edited by Marshalleq

Got it. Thank you

 

On 5/31/2020 at 10:45 AM, saarg said:

It looks like the card might be faulty.

To conclude, I sourced a P620 at a good price (also HP branded) and it works perfectly.

It definitely would seem the P400 is indeed faulty.

 

Thanks for all your help with debugging!

3 hours ago, sephallen said:

To conclude, I sourced a P620 at a good price (also HP branded) and it works perfectly.

It definitely would seem the P400 is indeed faulty.

 

Thanks for all your help with debugging!

Good to hear you got a working card.

Hi Everyone,

 

I've been wondering why my Quadro 600 card hasn't been detected for use in a Plex docker, and found the following in the system log:-

Jun  7 19:21:50 Chewie kernel: nvidia-nvlink: Nvlink Core is being initialized, major device number 247
Jun  7 19:21:50 Chewie kernel: NVRM: The NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU installed in this system is
Jun  7 19:21:50 Chewie kernel: NVRM:  supported through the NVIDIA 390.xx Legacy drivers. Please
Jun  7 19:21:50 Chewie kernel: NVRM:  visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html for more
Jun  7 19:21:50 Chewie kernel: NVRM:  information.  The 440.59 NVIDIA driver will ignore
Jun  7 19:21:50 Chewie kernel: NVRM:  this GPU.  Continuing probe...

Are there any instructions on how I could get a Quadro 600 card working, or is it a dead end? Thanks.

58 minutes ago, Pixor said:

Are there any instructions on how I could get a Quadro 600 card working, or is it a dead end? Thanks.

It's a dead end for hardware accelerated decode/encode for software like Plex, card is simply too old.

Hi all.

 

Just put a new unraid box together, I bought a 2nd hand 1050 TI to go with it.

I'm running 6.8.3 and have installed the Nvidia drivers/version twice now incase I did it wrong the first time. I'm getting this:

Quote

NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.      

I've tried the two PCIE slots the box has but it doesn't seem to pick up the card at all? The fan on the side of the card is spinning so I know it at the very least has power. Not sure what to do next.

44 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

Hi all.

 

Just put a new unraid box together, I bought a 2nd hand 1050 TI to go with it.

I'm running 6.8.3 and have installed the Nvidia drivers/version twice now incase I did it wrong the first time. I'm getting this:

I've tried the two PCIE slots the box has but it doesn't seem to pick up the card at all? The fan on the side of the card is spinning so I know it at the very least has power. Not sure what to do next.

Is it in the nvidia plugin page you see that message?

You chose to download version 6.8.3 in the left pull down and rebooted?

Post the output of lspci -k

5 minutes ago, saarg said:

Is it in the nvidia plugin page you see that message?

You chose to download version 6.8.3 in the left pull down and rebooted?

Post the output of lspci -k

Yes, yes and yes.

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core P                                                                             rocessor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Skylake Host Bridge/DRAM Registe                                                                             rs
        Kernel driver in use: skl_uncore
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 (rev 06)
        DeviceName:  Onboard IGD
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd HD Graphics 530
        Kernel driver in use: i915
        Kernel modules: i915
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family                                                                              USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI Con                                                                             troller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series C                                                                             hipset Family Thermal Subsystem (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H Thermal subsyste                                                                             m
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chips                                                                             et Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Q170/Q150/B150/H170/H110/Z170/CM236 C                                                                             hipset SATA Controller [AHCI Mode] (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H SATA controller                                                                              [AHCI mode]
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel modules: ahci
00:1b.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #17 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #1 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #4 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #5 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #9 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1d.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #13 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z170 Chipset LPC/eSPI Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Fami                                                                             ly Power Management Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H PMC
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD                                                                              Audio Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H HD Audio
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family SMBus (re                                                                             v 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H SMBus
        Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
        Kernel modules: i2c_i801
02:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
03:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
03:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
03:02.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
03:04.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
06:00.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation DSL6540 USB 3.1 Controller [Alpine Rid                                                                             ge]
        Subsystem: Device 2222:1111
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Cont                                                                             roller (rev 10)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Co                                                                             ntroller
        Kernel driver in use: alx
        Kernel modules: alx
0a:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe SSD Cont                                                                             roller SM981/PM981/PM983
        Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device a801
        Kernel driver in use: nvme
        Kernel modules: nvme, rsnvme

 

7 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

Yes, yes and yes.


00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core P                                                                             rocessor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Skylake Host Bridge/DRAM Registe                                                                             rs
        Kernel driver in use: skl_uncore
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 (rev 06)
        DeviceName:  Onboard IGD
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd HD Graphics 530
        Kernel driver in use: i915
        Kernel modules: i915
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family                                                                              USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI Con                                                                             troller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series C                                                                             hipset Family Thermal Subsystem (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H Thermal subsyste                                                                             m
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chips                                                                             et Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Q170/Q150/B150/H170/H110/Z170/CM236 C                                                                             hipset SATA Controller [AHCI Mode] (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H SATA controller                                                                              [AHCI mode]
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel modules: ahci
00:1b.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #17 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #1 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #4 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #5 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #9 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1d.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI                                                                              Express Root Port #13 (rev f1)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z170 Chipset LPC/eSPI Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Fami                                                                             ly Power Management Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H PMC
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD                                                                              Audio Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H HD Audio
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family SMBus (re                                                                             v 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H SMBus
        Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
        Kernel modules: i2c_i801
02:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
03:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
03:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
03:02.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
03:04.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge                                                                              4C 2015]
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
06:00.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation DSL6540 USB 3.1 Controller [Alpine Rid                                                                             ge]
        Subsystem: Device 2222:1111
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Cont                                                                             roller (rev 10)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Co                                                                             ntroller
        Kernel driver in use: alx
        Kernel modules: alx
0a:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe SSD Cont                                                                             roller SM981/PM981/PM983
        Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device a801
        Kernel driver in use: nvme
        Kernel modules: nvme, rsnvme

 

The only GPU detected is the Intel GPU. So you either bought a dead 1050 or you killed it installing it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.