Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Featured Replies

Need a little help. I updated to the linuxserverio Unraid 6.8.3. Main logs and console complain that the nvidia driver couldn't connect to my 1660TI and it thought that another driver was grabbing it. I do have virtio grabbing the card for when I have a Win10 vm booted. Is there anyway to get this to share between them or get virtio to talk to the nvidia driver in a proxy sort of way?

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 653.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ghstridr said:

Need a little help. I updated to the linuxserverio Unraid 6.8.3. Main logs and console complain that the nvidia driver couldn't connect to my 1660TI and it thought that another driver was grabbing it. I do have virtio grabbing the card for when I have a Win10 vm booted. Is there anyway to get this to share between them or get virtio to talk to the nvidia driver in a proxy sort of way?

The first post explains it. You can't use the same gpu with docker and vm at the same time. VMs require exclusive access

On 3/13/2020 at 4:32 PM, O_M_R said:

Since updating I see this over and over until it fills my log:

 


Mar 13 16:28:03 NAS kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Mar 13 16:28:06 NAS kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000d0000-0x000dffff window]

Anyone else seeing this? I'm just using an old 750 ti.

 

I see this too ... it's infrequent unless I also install the GPU Statistics Plugin, then it's constant.  GTX 1060 here.

 

With the the GPU Statistics Plugin:

Mar 19 20:32:46 Tower kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Mar 19 20:32:49 Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]

A few minutes later after uninstalling the GPU Statistics Plugin (no caller line in the log):

Mar 19 20:37:08 Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
M

 

On 3/19/2020 at 8:45 PM, JesterEE said:

 

I see this too ... it's infrequent unless I also install the GPU Statistics Plugin, then it's constant.  GTX 1060 here.

 

With the the GPU Statistics Plugin:


Mar 19 20:32:46 Tower kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Mar 19 20:32:49 Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]

A few minutes later after uninstalling the GPU Statistics Plugin (no caller line in the log):


Mar 19 20:37:08 Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
M

 

Just wanted to drop you a quick thank you, I'll turn off the GPU statistics Plugin for now. I was wondering if that was it, I just haven't had time to look at it yet.

i am still having trouble. i will post diagnostics if that would help

20 minutes ago, mgranger said:

i will post diagnostics if that would help

Won't hurt

5 hours ago, O_M_R said:

Just wanted to drop you a quick thank you, I'll turn off the GPU statistics Plugin for now. I was wondering if that was it, I just haven't had time to look at it yet.

No problem.

 

I just want to be clear, this seems to be an underlying problem in the build ... the a GPU Stats plug-in just makes it more apparent.

 

-JesterEE

Just curious, has anyone confirmed this plugin works with a 1660 Super? From the current driver version (440.59), it would seem that would be the case. If someone has first hand experience though with this card, it would be great before placing my order for it. Thanks!

I am at a loss. I have been unsuccessful at getting my GTX1070 to work on my Unraid 6.8.3 server. Want to use it on Handbrake and then Plex, no VMs. I have been at it for a couple of months and my build is defaulting to CPU transcoding, not GPU. Here's what I have tried.

1. Latest unraid and nvidia plug-in version. It sees it as GPU0 and gives a UUID number

2. Using Djaydevs version of Handbrake to support Nvidia GPU

3. Set Handbrakes NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES = all

4.Set the extra parm: --runtime=nvidia

5. Verified there is no trailing space after the GPU UUID

6. Confirmed in my BIOS that the server graphics are using the on-board  GPU and not Nvidia

7. Confirmed ASRock supports ths GPU

 

...what am I missing here?

Unraid: 6.8.3

System board: ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4, BiOS P1.30

CPU [dont laugh]: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Grahics @3600

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 w/ driver version 440.59

Mem: 8GiB DDR4

 

 

1 hour ago, endessunraid said:

I am at a loss. I have been unsuccessful at getting my GTX1070 to work on my Unraid 6.8.3 server. Want to use it on Handbrake and then Plex, no VMs. I have been at it for a couple of months and my build is defaulting to CPU transcoding, not GPU. Here's what I have tried.

1. Latest unraid and nvidia plug-in version. It sees it as GPU0 and gives a UUID number

2. Using Djaydevs version of Handbrake to support Nvidia GPU

3. Set Handbrakes NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES = all

4.Set the extra parm: --runtime=nvidia

5. Verified there is no trailing space after the GPU UUID

6. Confirmed in my BIOS that the server graphics are using the on-board  GPU and not Nvidia

7. Confirmed ASRock supports ths GPU

 

...what am I missing here?

Unraid: 6.8.3

System board: ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4, BiOS P1.30

CPU [dont laugh]: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Grahics @3600

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 w/ driver version 440.59

Mem: 8GiB DDR4

 

 

I can't help with the handbrake container, but please use our plex container to get it working there first. If you have plex pass that is.

13 minutes ago, saarg said:

I can't help with the handbrake container, but please use our plex container to get it working there first. If you have plex pass that is.

Done. Xposted in the Plex Container forum. Thanks for the guidance.

Here is the error i keep getting.  Still can't figure it out.

 

image.thumb.png.df3fbbbc3daf69a395052029ddaf6dd2.png

12 minutes ago, mgranger said:

Here is the error i keep getting.  Still can't figure it out.

 

image.thumb.png.df3fbbbc3daf69a395052029ddaf6dd2.png

Have you installed Nvidia unraid already? Not just the plugin but the modified OS?

8 minutes ago, tmchow said:

Have you installed Nvidia unraid already? Not just the plugin but the modified OS?

The plugin is how the modified OS gets installed. The plugin has no other purpose.

4 hours ago, tmchow said:

Have you installed Nvidia unraid already? Not just the plugin but the modified OS?

Yes I installed the modified OS with nvidia...

I have the same as you, my graphic cards is too old, its not in the latest drivers of nvidia or any other drivers that are currently available through this plugin.

Is there a way to downgrade the driver version?

 

I have an older Nvidia card (GTX 460) and the latest driver (440.59) doesn't support it, however, Linux driver 390.132 from Nvidia does.

 

I think you'd have to rollback to earlier version of Nvidia unRaid that has that particular version.

Problem for me was that the unraid version that had my driver version in there isnt available in the unraid nvidia plugin.

So i couldnt download it, and i believe the versions for unraid nvidia start at 4xx i didnt saw anything with 3xx in the version.

5 hours ago, BrunoX said:

Is there a way to downgrade the driver version?

 

I have an older Nvidia card (GTX 460) and the latest driver (440.59) doesn't support it, however, Linux driver 390.132 from Nvidia does.

 

 

2 hours ago, Diondk said:

Problem for me was that the unraid version that had my driver version in there isnt available in the unraid nvidia plugin.

So i couldnt download it, and i believe the versions for unraid nvidia start at 4xx i didnt saw anything with 3xx in the version.

I suspect your older cards won't support NVENC or NVDEC either so even if you could get it to run on unraid, you wouldn't get transcoding via emby/plex/etc

18 hours ago, j0nnymoe said:

 

I suspect your older cards won't support NVENC or NVDEC either so even if you could get it to run on unraid, you wouldn't get transcoding via emby/plex/etc

You are correct. It won't. The GTX 460 is a Fermi architecture, which predates NVENC and NVDEC so even if there were drivers, it can't be utilized for transcoding.

1 hour ago, ClunkClunk said:

You are correct. It won't. The GTX 460 is a Fermi architecture, which predates NVENC and NVDEC so even if there were drivers, it can't be utilized for transcoding.

I am trying to get a GTX 1050 used for this.  Is this also the case?  I am struggling to even get it to work for a VM.

 

On 3/26/2020 at 4:46 PM, BRiT said:

I think you'd have to rollback to earlier version of Nvidia unRaid that has that particular version.

 

On 3/26/2020 at 7:31 PM, Diondk said:

Problem for me was that the unraid version that had my driver version in there isnt available in the unraid nvidia plugin.

So i couldnt download it, and i believe the versions for unraid nvidia start at 4xx i didnt saw anything with 3xx in the version.

I thought so as well but as Diondk said, the problem is that none of the older Nvidia Unraid versions have a Nvidia driver before version 400.

21 hours ago, j0nnymoe said:

 

I suspect your older cards won't support NVENC or NVDEC either so even if you could get it to run on unraid, you wouldn't get transcoding via emby/plex/etc

Thanks, that's good to know. Although I'm more interested in getting it to work for Folding@Home which I believe doesn't utilize NVENC/NVDEC - could be wrong though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.