[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Glad that you solved your connection issue... ;)

5 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

Now I wonder how i can add MODs to the game.

Sorry I can't support mods because this would be to much for me... :D

Anyways, from a quick search I found that post on Reddit.

It seems like you just have to add it to the command line, so to speak in my container to the Extra Game Parameters:

grafik.thumb.png.41d70f261584279db8be828fa0e66ffa.png

However I've not gone to the whole post if this is working or not...

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Glad that you solved your connection issue... ;)

Sorry I can't support mods because this would be to much for me... :D

Anyways, from a quick search I found that post on Reddit.

It seems like you just have to add it to the command line, so to speak in my container to the Extra Game Parameters:

grafik.thumb.png.41d70f261584279db8be828fa0e66ffa.png

However I've not gone to the whole post if this is working or not...

THX alot it worked

YOU just add ?-mod=xxxxx,xxxxx,xxxx

Edited by Psyonicar

I am unable to create  a new topic so have to comment here. I have been using the Valheim server for a few days without issues, however, today when I try to connect to the server, it prompts for the server password and then gives me an incompatible version message.

I am unable to figure out the issue. I have rebooted the container a few times as I read that it should auto update but that error does not seem to go away. I have also tried removing the validate server option from the docker and rebooting but with no success.

Is anyone else facing a similar issue?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, bash_amj said:

I am unable to create  a new topic so have to comment here.

You should not create a topic and instead use this thread here... ;)

I have been using the Valheim server for a few days without issues, however, today when I try to connect to the server, it prompts for the server password and then gives me an incompatible version message.

Can you share a bit more information please, do you use any mods or how is the template configured?

I have also tried removing the validate server option from the docker

This setting should always be set to false.

6 hours ago, TJBJ22 said:

What can I do to fix the issue?

As what I can see from your screenshot you have a 0x602 error which usually means that this is some kind of network error.

Can you share a bit more information what machine are you using? Please also make sure that the paths in the template are set correctly.

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please share a bit more information, on what system do you try to run ARMA3? CPU, Motherboard, RAM?

Please double check your paths, what path is set for the Game Files?

It's running on a i7 4790K, Asus Z97-K and I believe the RAM are 32GB DDR3 G.Skill DDR3-1333 

This time I've made a share and set it to "/mnt/cache/arma-storage/gamefiles/"

15 minutes ago, livid-pearl7308 said:

It's running on a i7 4790K, Asus Z97-K and I believe the RAM are 32GB DDR3 G.Skill DDR3-1333 

This is maybe the issue, as far as I remember Intel 4th Gen is missing some instruction sets which are required by ARMA3 (there are also other game servers out there which won't run on 4th Gen).

46 minutes ago, livid-pearl7308 said:

Windows 10 VM

46 minutes ago, livid-pearl7308 said:

but I don't know if that compares. 

Windows is not Linux. There are some instruction sets missing for Intel 4th Gen. that was also discussed on the Bohemia Interactive forums or in their Wiki.

22 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

My server is running fine so far and it updated itself as well, the only problem now is that everytime i join, the game downloads the mods over and over again. Any Ideas ?

Nope, you should make a post in the Reddit post that I've linked above, maybe someone can help over there.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you share a bit more information please, do you use any mods or how is the template configured?

Thank you for replying and thank you for all the work you do for the community.

No, there are no Mods installed. I am not a gamer and just started playing Valheim and Terraria with my son. All the settings except the location of appdata were left default. I have been using it without issues for a few weeks so not sure if either the server or the game was updated to cause the incompatible version,

6 minutes ago, bash_amj said:

I am not a gamer and just started playing Valheim and Terraria with my son. All the settings except the location of appdata were left default.

By default there is a password set in the Docker template for Valheim:

grafik.thumb.png.af90c431e9f86222a90efba917b206cd.png

You have to enter a password on connect if you are using my container (this is also the case for the Terraria container).

9 minutes ago, bash_amj said:

I have been using it without issues for a few weeks so not sure if either the server or the game was updated to cause the incompatible version,

The game was updated a few days ago from what I saw in my Steam client.

Again, please make sure that the paths in the template are set correct and if you are using /mnt/cache/appdata/... make sure that in the Share settings for appdata is set to stay on the Cache drive and not  moved to the Array.

However if the game still doesn't update, stop the container, delete all folders in the directory for Valheim except for the Backup and .config directory (the .config directory holds your saved world data and the Backup directory your backups) and maybe copy them to your local PC in case something goes wrong and start the container again after you deleted all folder except for the two mentioned above.

12 hours ago, Psyonicar said:

My server is running fine so far and it updated itself as well, the only problem now is that everytime i join, the game downloads the mods over and over again. Any Ideas ?

Hey are you still having this problem? I have my mods installed in the game through the mods menu before I ever joined the server, Everytime you click on the server to join it, it will tell you the mods that are required on the top and it will say installed if they are installed.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

However if the game still doesn't update, stop the container, delete all folders in the directory for Valheim except for the Backup and .config directory (the .config directory holds your saved world data and the Backup directory your backups) and maybe copy them to your local PC in case something goes wrong and start the container again after you deleted all folder except for the two mentioned above.

Thank you. Doing this resolved the issue. Thanks for maintaining these great containers for us.

• Like 1
On 11/18/2023 at 12:31 AM, ich777 said:

Where is the rest from the logs?

It should start and run correct?

Anyways, I have pushed a fix for the container and it creates the folder now correctly.

Please update the container itself with the "force update" button on the Docker page with Advanced View enabled.

Thanks for your quick response!

I discovered it was a permissions issue after moving my appdata folder to a new nvme cache drive.

I resolved the problem by uninstalling the container, then deleting the steamcmd and tf2 folders using midnight commander.

After that, I simply reinstalled the docker container and it ran perfectly first try.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2023 at 9:32 PM, TotoroDude said:

Hey I have the OpenRTC2 and it keeps looping the download which is very weird @ich777 its been doing this for awhile now

14 hours ago, TotoroDude said:

No problem I hope this gets fixed

Sorry but I can't reproduce this over here, everything seems to work just fine, please note that this is a fresh installation: openrct2.txt