[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

4 hours ago, stevep94 said:

but I can't seem to find the server settings?

...appdata/icarus/Icarus/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/icarus/Icarus/Saved/

There are all your settings in there. Please don't forget to stop the container in the first place before editing a file in there.

• Like 1

Having the same issues as this user:

And tried with validate set to true and left empty, per here:

It seems that all [ServerSettings] are defaulted any time the container is restarted. Also, defaults MaxPlayers=70 under [/Script/Engine.GameSession] unless I specify the `?MaxPlayers=X` parameter.

[MessageOfTheDay] and [SessionSettings], and the other sections appear untouched as my session name, duration, and message persist through container restarts.

I've left the variables blank as I wanted to configure them in GameUserSettings.ini

On Unraid 6.12.6 and using the latest from `ich777/steamcmd:arkse`
image.thumb.png.a9c50c729be379bd3285736850d1f08f.png

Edited by dlchamp
6 hours ago, dlchamp said:

Having the same issues as this user:

Sorry but this was Survival Evolved, this game is based on a different Engine.

And tried with validate set to true and left empty, per here:

This is only if you have issues updating the game.

Please use:

-WinLiveMaxPlayers=20

as described here:

in Extra Game Parameters and it will work.

I've already changed the template and new installations will have the correct setting in it, it seems like the guide which I've used was not correct about this setting.

It seems that all [ServerSettings] are defaulted any time the container is restarted. Also, defaults MaxPlayers=70 under [/Script/Engine.GameSession] unless I specify the `?MaxPlayers=X` parameter.

This is just normal since if you leave that empty it will revert back to default and this is done by the Engine and not by the container.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but this was Survival Evolved, this game is based on a different Engine.

This is only if you have issues updating the game.

Please use:

-WinLiveMaxPlayers=20

as described here:

in Extra Game Parameters and it will work.

I've already changed the template and new installations will have the correct setting in it, it seems like the guide which I've used was not correct about this setting.

This is just normal since if you leave that empty it will revert back to default and this is done by the Engine and not by the container.

I'm talking about survival evolved.   Setting the password and admin password via the container variables seems to prevent the overwrite.  Adding the `?MaxPlayers` param under GAME PARAMS seems to prevent that from overwriting as well.   SERVER_NAME is never touched, so I was able to leave that configured only in the .ini and the rest of the configuration appears to persist through restarts.

52 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

I'm talking about survival evolved. 

Oh sorry it was early in the morning when I replied. :S

56 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

Adding the `?MaxPlayers` param under GAME PARAMS seems to prevent that from overwriting as well.

The container does nothing on it's own to overwrite or change that value, if you are using ?MaxPlayer=50 in GAME_PARAMS does the value change?

Please make sure that validation is disabled or set to nothing.

Do you stop the container in the first place before you edit the file?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oh sorry it was early in the morning when I replied. :S

The container does nothing on it's own to overwrite or change that value, if you are using ?MaxPlayer=50 in GAME_PARAMS does the value change?

Please make sure that validation is disabled or set to nothing.

Do you stop the container in the first place before you edit the file?

Yes.  VALIDATE is empty.  I restart after making any changes.

To reiterate my findings:
If I leave password, admin password, and do not pass maxplayers param, then the container is rebuilt (after changing config) or restarted, the password, adminpassword, and maxplayers values in GameUserSettings.ini are defaulted to blank and 70 respectively.

So, what I have opted to do is set the passwords in the container config, and pass the MaxPlayers param in the container config, then leave server name and the rest of my configurations in GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini and they do not appear to be overwritten on container restart.  

So, it's working now.  Leaving the passwords values empty seemed to be the culprit.   Set those in the container config and my .ini files are untouched.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, you have to set them there because otherwise this would completely mess up the start up command from ARK.

Which is fine, but this is confusing since it's on both the server and admin password fields

Leave empty if you want to use the settings from GameUserSetttings.ini

Since you can't actually leave these two blank, if you want to set them, might be a good idea to update the template and remove that line.

7 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

Since you can't actually leave these two blank, if you want to set them, might be a good idea to update the template and remove that line.

I will remove them but I'm assuming you are the first one who actually doesn't specified them in the template because you are the first one who has this issue. :)

In regards to the Terraria Tshock server: For me the formatting of the WebUI ocassionally gets messed up in a way that makes me unable to send commands over the WebUI. I'm not sure what the issue is but my guess is that some message is getting sent with formatting that breaks the WebUI.

issue.thumb.png.95cec79c1ec9227d94d6b72b4cfb3723.png

The second picture is from the container's logs. It's clear something has gone wrong but I am not sure what and I'm unsure of what to do about it.

issue2.thumb.png.ce840adec1123a313b8e87d2a8e96a35.png

2 hours ago, IamDinosaur said:

Hello,
I'm relatively new to Unraid. I have the ASA server installed, however when it runs, I get this error saying no executable found. Am I missing something completely obvious?

While you're waiting on an official answer, could it be the case that you need to login to steam in order to download the server for that game?

It looks like you should be able to add ENV variables called USERNAME and PASSWRD to the allow it to log into Steam. See here.

56 minutes ago, MrG said:

While you're waiting on an official answer, could it be the case that you need to login to steam in order to download the server for that game?

No!

Only specify Steam credentials when the username and password marked with a red asterisk and are not hidden away in Show more options!

Here is also the correct example.

3 hours ago, IamDinosaur said:

saying no executable found

You have an error 0x202 error state in your logs.

This means that you run out of space and SteamCMD aborts the download because of too less available space.

Are you sure that you path mappings in the Docker template are correct?

7 hours ago, MrG said:

For me the formatting of the WebUI ocassionally gets messed up in a way that makes me unable to send commands over the WebUI.

Can you please be a bit more specific?

When does this happen?

Does it make a difference if you reopen the WebTerminal?

What happens when you press a few times Return?

The main issue for me is that you most likely have installed mods because you are using TShock and this could be also caused because of a mod.

...this is the first time I hear of that issue.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

When does this happen?

Does it make a difference if you reopen the WebTerminal?

What happens when you press a few times Return?

The main issue for me is that you most likely have installed mods because you are using TShock and this could be also caused because of a mod.

...this is the first time I hear of that issue.

This happens "all the time" more or less. The server seems to write out some status message about the number of players / world name / IP:Port on a fixed interval.

I do have mods currently. Vanillafied and Protector. I just tried it with a second unmodded container and got the same results.

The behavior when hitting return is inconsistent. Sometimes if I hit return it will immediately react, usually by telling me that the command I entered was incorrect even if I didn't type any text. Sometimes it hangs and doesn't do anything for a while until the next status message is written. It will un-hang if all players exit the server though.

I noticed that the status output thing only happens if a player is in game. Otherwise the console seems to work fine. If you can't replicate it, I can live with it. It's fine enough to run commands in game for me.

4 minutes ago, MrG said:

I noticed that the status output thing only happens if a player is in game. Otherwise the console seems to work fine. If you can't replicate it, I can live with it. It's fine enough to run commands in game for me.

It is a bit hard for me to replicate because I don't play Terraria (I don't play much these days because support and stuff for Unraid... :D ).

The console was only implemented on request and I'm not too sure if this is a thing about the codepage that it uses but I think that the console is working fine on the default Terraria dedicated server.

I also see a lot of open issues in their GitHub over here and maybe this is something that needs to be addressed in there and not here because it seems that this is caused by TShock itself.

Does TShock maybe have a API where you could access or issue commands to it?

Maybe it is also possible to issue commands from in game without accessing the WebTerminal?

17 minutes ago, kripy said:

is it possible to ADD UFW in docker

No, I wont add that to my containers. I'm not sure if UFW in the Docker container is even able to do that because that would add another layer of complexity and it is maybe not working properly because UFW is caught in it's own network from Docker which then must talk to your Router/Firewall.

18 minutes ago, kripy said:

because i wanna use FW for block ip range from some country  ?

I would recommend that you do that with your Firwall/Router since this should be the way to do it, however if you do that you are maybe facing other issues that the game server doesn't show up in the server list <- reason for telling you that is because I've had already another user who was blocking some regions/countries and the server wasn't showing up in the server list because of that (I think the game was Valheim).

21 minutes ago, kripy said:

sorry i was off

This is not the way to do it, you should add MaxPlayers=80 to GAME_PARAMS and -QueueThreshold=80 to GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA since those are the fields which the parameters meant to be go.

42 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, I wont add that to my containers. I'm not sure if UFW in the Docker container is even able to do that because that would add another layer of complexity and it is maybe not working properly because UFW is caught in it's own network from Docker which then must talk to your Router/Firewall.

I would recommend that you do that with your Firwall/Router since this should be the way to do it, however if you do that you are maybe facing other issues that the game server doesn't show up in the server list <- reason for telling you that is because I've had already another user who was blocking some regions/countries and the server wasn't showing up in the server list because of that (I think the game was Valheim).

This is not the way to do it, you should add MaxPlayers=80 to GAME_PARAMS and -QueueThreshold=80 to GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA since those are the fields which the parameters meant to be go.

yes but i don t have FW the goal is block region LOL

21 minutes ago, kripy said:

yes but i don t have FW the goal is block region LOL

Why not use a UFW Docker container and route the traffic from the game server through the UFW Docker?

Geoblock is not the purpose of my container, the purpose of my container is to download/start the game server.

My recommendation would be to buy a Router/Firewall which is able to do that since this should be blocked right at the Gateway.