[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello i got a problem with the PA:Titians Server Docker

----------'Update on Start' enabled-------------

---Downloading new copy of file 'papatcher.go'---

-------------------------------------------------

papatcher.go 0%[ ] 0 --.-KB/s papatcher.go 100%[===================>] 21.57K --.-KB/s in 0.002s

---Successfully downloaded 'papatcher.go'---

---Installing PA 'PTE'---

Username: Password: logging in...

Could not contact https://service.planetaryannihilation.net:

Post "https://service.planetaryannihilation.net/GC/Authenticate": x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

exit status 1

how can i fix this ? , or someone knows the page site in this threaht maybe ^^ ?

1 hour ago, Atomschlag said:

how can i fix this ? , or someone knows the page site in this threaht maybe ^^ ?

Thank you for the report, sadly enough the routine to install PA changed completely and I have to say since I don't play the game anymore I will deprecated the container.

Hi All,

I'm new to Unraid and Docker. I've hosted game servers for a while, but usually from a Windows device.

I had some Conan Exiles, V Rising, Icarus, DayZ, Sons of the Forest servers.

I've setup some Docker game server containers via Unraid for Rust, V Rising, Conan Exiles, and DayZ. I cannot figure out why external access to the servers is not working for me. I know it's not my firewall. I'm using the same ports as I would have for these servers in my previous Windows setup and running a policy test on the firewall confirms my ports are open from the WAN and forwarding to the correct host (the Unraid host).

I have confirmed the Unraid host has internet access.

I have tried using both bridged and host network for the Docker containers.

I thought maybe Unraid had a firewall of its own - but I am reading it does not. I'm reading that what I'm trying to do is supposed to be super simple...maybe I missed something really simple in the setup - I'm not really sure.

Any help would be appreciated!

48 minutes ago, sechag said:

Am I the only one having this when I want to install the ark-se server? 

Yes... :D

Jokes aside, on what system do you run the container (CPU/Motherboard/RAM)?

Can you provide a screenshot from your Docker template? Are you sure the share where the game is located on stays actually on there and is not moved to the Array or whatever disk you are using?

How much resources is the container using, it should look something like that (I've got a 12core CPU Intel i5-10600, the server should hover around 3 and 8 percent usage when empty and fully startet with about 14-15GB of RAM usage):

grafik.thumb.png.ba736a91b25c37f76387faf43a2419ad.png

(this is a completely fresh installed instance and yes, it only says Starting Server nothing more since the log gets nowadays written to a file)

13 minutes ago, rigultru said:

I've setup some Docker game server containers via Unraid for Rust, V Rising, Conan Exiles, and DayZ. I cannot figure out why external access to the servers is not working for me. I know it's not my firewall.

Can you please share a bit more details about your setup and how that you set up the containers and if you changed anything in the templates?

Screenshots from the templates? You configurations? ...?

Maybe lets start with Valheim or V-Rising

Without that it's really hard to troubleshoot.

14 minutes ago, rigultru said:

I thought maybe Unraid had a firewall of its own - but I am reading it does not.

Exactly.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you please share a bit more details about your setup and how that you set up the containers and if you changed anything in the templates?

Screenshots from the templates? You configurations? ...?

Maybe lets start with Valheim or V-Rising

Without that it's really hard to troubleshoot.

Exactly.

It's a flat network, just 1 subnet for LAN. Router on a stick.

I downloaded the V RIsing Docker container from the Unraid Apps tab.

I left the default ports, 9876, 9877 (I used these ports on my previous setup).

image.thumb.png.53c688d4c3777536f6e90e290e479a65.png

image.thumb.png.2b0ca3eea5115c6dde245a98808c5324.png

ServerHostSettings matching

image.thumb.png.58fddd4068ee9c137d2e81922772ad1e.png

I feel like it's something really simple I'm overlooking...

1 minute ago, rigultru said:

I feel like it's something really simple I'm overlooking...

Listen on EOS has to be true if you want your server listed in the server browser.

BTW, have you read the description about changing ports in the configuration that you also have to delete the old ports in the template and create new ones?

I'm not 100% sure but if you set secure, don't you also have to set a password?

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Listen on EOS has to be true if you want your server listed in the server browser.

BTW, have you read the description about changing ports in the configuration that you also have to delete the old ports in the template and create new ones?

I'm not 100% sure but if you set secure, don't you also have to set a password?

Ok right - list on Steam and Listen on EOS are disabled - but attempting to direct connect with publicIP:port hangs. Direct connect via internalIP:port is OK.

I didn't change the V Rising docker container server from the default ports.

I did change the ports for my other docker servers, so maybe that's why they are not working.

By delete the old port templates, you just mean use the "remove" button on the docker container port field and then add new ones?

I'm going to try starting fresh with just V Rising and see where it gets me.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oui...:D

Blague à part, sur quel système exécutez-vous le conteneur (CPU/Carte mère/RAM) ?

Pouvez-vous fournir une capture d'écran de votre modèle Docker ? Êtes-vous sûr que le partage sur lequel se trouve le jeu y reste réellement et n'est pas déplacé vers le tableau ou le disque que vous utilisez ?

Quelle quantité de ressources le conteneur utilise-t-il, cela devrait ressembler à ceci (j'ai un processeur Intel i5-10600 à 12 cœurs, le serveur devrait osciller entre 3 et 8 % d'utilisation lorsqu'il est vide et complètement démarré avec environ 14 à 15 Go de Utilisation de la RAM) :

grafik.thumb.png.ba736a91b25c37f76387faf43a2419ad.png

(il s'agit d'une instance complètement fraîchement installée et oui, elle ne dit rien de plus sur le serveur de démarrage puisque le journal est aujourd'hui écrit dans un fichier)

Capture d'écran 2023-12-17 213503.png

Capture d'écran 2023-12-17 213516.png

Capture d'écran 2023-12-17 213706.png

Capture d'écran 2023-12-17 213714.png

1 minute ago, rigultru said:

Ok right - list on Steam and Listen on EOS are disabled - but attempting to direct connect with publicIP:port hangs. Direct connect via internalIP:port is OK.

Then it has something to do with your routing.

If it's a simple network check again the ports and the protocol in your router, otherwise it can't be much else.

2 minutes ago, rigultru said:

I did change the ports for my other docker servers, so maybe that's why they are not working.

That's what I was talking about.

2 minutes ago, rigultru said:

By delete the old port templates, you just mean use the "remove" button on the docker container port field and then add new ones?

Exactly, to match your config, look for example at the pinned post on top of this thread for Valheim (where you have to set a variable for the port and not change the config) and then create a new port entry if you want to change the port.

1 minute ago, sechag said:

Capture d'écran 2023-12-17 213516.png

In your screenshots I don't see the container where I can see how much RAM and CPU it uses, go to your Docker page and enable Advanced View in the top right corner.

If the container does not restart and uses about 14GB of RAM it is running, the first startup can take quite some time so please be patient and be sure to tick the right boxes when you search it in the server browser.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Dans vos captures d'écran, je ne vois pas le conteneur dans lequel je peux voir la quantité de RAM et de CPU qu'il utilise, accédez à votre page Docker et activez l'affichage avancé dans le coin supérieur droit.

Si le conteneur ne redémarre pas et utilise environ 14 Go de RAM en cours d'exécution, le premier démarrage peut prendre un certain temps, alors soyez patient et assurez-vous de cocher les bonnes cases lorsque vous le recherchez dans le navigateur du serveur.

1657800305_Capturedcran2023-12-18000341.thumb.png.fb47991a6f1db7c19e1ee6ffd8f02641.png1657800305_Capturedcran2023-12-18000341.thumb.png.fb47991a6f1db7c19e1ee6ffd8f02641.png

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Then it has something to do with your routing.

If it's a simple network check again the ports and the protocol in your router, otherwise it can't be much else.

That's what I was talking about.

Exactly, to match your config, look for example at the pinned post on top of this thread for Valheim (where you have to set a variable for the port and not change the config) and then create a new port entry if you want to change the port.

Hey, thank you for your help. I knew it was much simpler than I was making it out to be.

I re-installed the V Rising docker container and followed your steps and it is working fine now.

Thanks for putting this together, this is great. So nice to be able to consolidate these game servers into Unraid Docker.

• Like 1

So i've been using the Beam MP container for a while now but with the most recent 3.1.3 update of the game server files they changed the file name from BeamMP-Server-Linux to BeamMP-Server-Ubuntu / BeamMP-Server-Debbian and the contrainer wont update in unraid.

This is from the logs:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---BeamNG-MP-Server not installed, installing...---
---Something went wrong, can't download BeamNG-MP-Server v3.1.3, putting container in sleep mode---

3 hours ago, Suesii said:

So i've been using the Beam MP container for a while now but with the most recent 3.1.3 update of the game server files they changed the file name from BeamMP-Server-Linux to BeamMP-Server-Ubuntu / BeamMP-Server-Debbian and the contrainer wont update in unraid.

Are you really sure that you are on the latest version from the container? I've pushed an update a week ago or I think.

It is working fine over here:

grafik.png.b10d459ab19579cb4f36db77d5c4b279.png

Please also see this post (you maybe have to delete BeamMP-Server in your server directory) :

• Like 1
7 hours ago, sechag said:

1657800305_Capturedcran2023-12-18000341.thumb.png.fb47991a6f1db7c19e1ee6ffd8f02641.png

Can you please answer questions to? And not only post screenshots? What is not working? I'm really lost helping you here because I have to figure out what exactly is not working instead of you telling me...

Anyways I see in this screenshot that you've changed the UDP1 port, if you do it like that, it won't work:

9 hours ago, sechag said:

Capture d'écran 2023-12-17 213706.png

See the description from the port itself (this is also true for all other ports) :

grafik.png.cc2bd27e0466df60c064dda195c4e4e8.png

I see in that screenshot that you have specified no server password, have you yet tried to specify a server password and see if it consumes more CPU/RAM?

9 hours ago, sechag said:

Capture d'écran 2023-12-17 213714.png

Have you yet tried delete everything and leave everything as it is in the Docker template?

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you really sure that you are on the latest version from the container? I've pushed an update a week ago or I think.

It is working fine over here:

grafik.png.b10d459ab19579cb4f36db77d5c4b279.png

Please also see this post (you maybe have to delete BeamMP-Server in your server directory) :

Sweet! Thanks that worked I didn't realize I had to delete the old server file I guess I should of read the thread some more. Got it working now!

• Like 1