[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Vor 44 Minuten sagte dlchamp:

Sie müssen keine Ports für die lokale Verbindung weiterleiten, aber Sie müssen sie weiterleiten, wenn Sie erwarten, dass das Spiel weiß, dass Ihr Server existiert. Wenn Sie nicht weiterleiten möchten, sollten Sie in der Lage sein, zu Steam > Ansicht > Spielserver zu gehen und dann Ihre lokale IP und den richtigen Port hinzuzufügen. Ich kenne dieses Spiel nicht genau, aber wenn der Container einen Steam-UDP-Port oder einen ähnlichen Port (keinen Game-Port) hat, sollten Sie ihn in Steam verwenden.

Bearbeiten:
Ja. Sie sollten in der Lage sein, Ihren Server in Steam mit {local_ip}:27015 hinzuzufügen, da dies der zugewiesene Abfrageport für Steam ist.

image.png

"I tried that; sorry if I didn't make it clear. My first attempt was using the Steam server search, where there were profiles for this specific game. Even entering the IP didn't work. In the game itself, there's an option to choose local or LAN. I thought the game would automatically appear that way."

3 minutes ago, Lignage said:

I thought the game would automatically appear that way.

Can you please share a bit more details on how you set up the container?

Did you change anything in the template (Screenshot from the template)?

What paths did you set in the template?
To what is the share set in terms of primary storage where the game files are located?

How much CPU and RAM does your container consume?

grafik.thumb.png.516346c5b58882fd114b61d317dcfb25.png

(please note that I'm running that in the screenshot above on a 12 core processor - Intel i5-10600)

Please note that the first server start can take a while even after downloading the game files.

On what hardware are you trying to run the container?

I've now tried it and in the log you should get some kind of this output (please ignore the errors, on most game servers they are perfectly fine and the developers did not strip them out properly):

grafik.thumb.png.6d13ae2b0a9cfa83bfe2440a384977ad.png

"No, I didn't change the template; I did it exactly as you instructed. I deleted everything and then just started Docker. In the log, I saw the download, and Docker has been running for at least 24 hours. The Unraid server is powerful enough—12 cores and 64 GB of RAM, with an NVME as storage."

"I don't have that log like yours. Mine hangs where I posted the second-to-last picture with 'Start Server'."

iScreen Shoter - Google Chrome - 231213230427.jpeg

iScreen Shoter - Google Chrome - 231213230723.jpeg

iScreen Shoter - Google Chrome - 231213230523.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Lignage said:

I don't have that log like yours. Mine hangs where I posted the second-to-last picture with 'Start Server'.

Oh sorry, I‘ve tried the wrong server. 😅

Sorry I lost track about which game you where talking about.

For Wreckfest you have to forward the ports and make sure it‘s available through the Internet since otherwise it won‘t show up.

After creating/startig the container you have to wait a few minutes that it is populated in the server list.

Vor 14 Minuten sagte ich777:

Oh, tut mir leid, ich habe den falschen Server ausprobiert.😅

Tut mir leid, dass ich den Überblick verloren habe, über welches Spiel du gesprochen hast.

Für Wreckfest müssen Sie die Ports weiterleiten und sicherstellen, dass sie über das Internet verfügbar sind, da sie sonst nicht angezeigt werden.

Nach dem Erstellen/Starten des Containers müssen Sie einige Minuten warten, bis er in der Serverliste ausgefüllt ist.

"No problem at all, and thank you for your kind words! Just to make sure I understand correctly, do I need to open ports for the installation or, as I assume, for the discovery?"

8 hours ago, Lignage said:

for the discovery?

For the Discovery, the installation was done properly from what I can see in your log.

It should look something like this:

grafik.thumb.png.7aa898f3d9f7496f0a2aca5ab4e423f8.png

Please make sure to open all the ports in your Router/Firewall with the corresponding protocol from the template.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Beardedboots said:

So when it comes to Ark ascended.  Whats the best way to add mods in the docker.  I'm having a brain fart with how to.

I'm only providing base functionality and modding is up to the user, anyways, I've already posted here a possible solution to your question:

Another issue with my Valheim server. Last night the Valheim game updated. I updated my game client, and checked for a docker update, which there was none. Trying to join, I get incompatible version and cannot join. I restart the docker container to restart the server, and still, no updates, and I get incompatible version and cannot play. Last time I essentially deleted everything but my world info, and that resolved it. However, is this really necessary every single game update? Why won't the server fetch the latest version?

Is there a command I can manually invoke via console to make it update?

note: as I confirmed last time I had this problem, update check and validate are set to true. 

Edited by suchamoneypit

On all Ich's game server containers, if you restart the container the game will update. Ive run his 7 days to die, valheim & V-Rising containers, multiples at one time in fact & never had an issue updating. What unraid version are you on?

6 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Another issue with my Valheim server. Last night the Valheim game updated. I updated my game client, and checked for a docker update, which there was none. Trying to join, I get incompatible version and cannot join. I restart the docker container to restart the server, and still, no updates, and I get incompatible version and cannot play. Last time I essentially deleted everything but my world info, and that resolved it. However, is this really necessary every single game update? Why won't the server fetch the latest version?

note: as I confirmed last time I had this problem, update check and validate are set to true. 

23 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

On all Ich's game server containers, if you restart the container the game will update. Ive run his 7 days to die, valheim & V-Rising containers, multiples at one time in fact & never had an issue updating. What unraid version are you on?

I am running unRaid 6.12.6.  I have now restarted the containers for both my Valheim servers twice now, I still receive imcompatible version errors trying to connect. 

48 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

22 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

I am running unRaid 6.12.6.  I have now restarted the containers for both my Valheim servers twice now, I still receive imcompatible version errors trying to connect. 

Deleting everything but the .config and backups folder and starting the container like @ich777 recommended I do last time worked again, and the server is working now. However I am still confused as to why the container refuses to update normally without doing this. I left my other server as-is if anyone has suggestions I can test on that one, as this is bound to happen every single game update base on my experience so far. 

8 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

No, because the container does that on it's own.

7 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

This is hard to troubleshoot for me because there are to many variables involved, I just recently started my Valheim instance, it pulled the update just fine (since I haven't played in about a months), it started and I could connect because someone, I think on the previous page, needed information about Valheim+.

7 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

as this is bound to happen every single game update base on my experience so far. 

This is most certainly a issue on your side and some users report it from time to time that the containers won't update but not that it always fails the update process.

Just to name a few things that can be the cause of the issue:

• What is your DNS for the server
  • Do you have a LAN Cache set up
  • Does the server have exclusive access to the Internet
  • Do you Unifi network gear
  • Do you have any ad blocking somewhere on your network
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

Hello, I have fixed the same issue with Valheim by setting "Validate Installation" to "true" on container edit page. After this - it allows to connect with the latest game version from steam.

Been wondering about PokerTH, an opensource poker game. Not having docker specific experience, does this translate well into a good self hosted game server app here? I searched and coudn't find anything related to a traditional playing card game server. Thanks for all your work here!

1 hour ago, Roman Melnik said:

Hello, I have fixed the same issue with Valheim by setting "Validate Installation" to "true" on container edit page. After this - it allows to connect with the latest game version from steam.

But please don't forget to unset validate since this will slow down the server start significantly...

Just now, ich777 said:

Ces ports ne sont pas nécessaires.

Êtes-vous sûr d'avoir également choisi d'afficher les serveurs protégés par mot de passe et de définir correctement toutes les options ?

I tried without its ports but it's the same result. I looked at showing the servers with password. but still the same

3 minutes ago, sechag said:

I tried without its ports but it's the same result. I looked at showing the servers with password. but still the same

I can't reproduce this over here, everything is working as it should and the container is showing up in the server list after about two minutes after starting the container.

Good morning, I hate to be a bother but I was trying to setup a seven days to die server using the docker compose. I did hit my first problem was just a sizing issue so I added more space and reran the container but now I get this error. It looks like it can't find the file to launch the whole thing. I was wondering what I am missing. 

7DTD  | ---Ensuring UID: 1000 matches user---
7DTD  | usermod: no changes
7DTD  | ---Ensuring GID: 1000 matches user---
7DTD  | ---Setting umask to 000---
7DTD  | ---Checking for optional scripts---
7DTD  | ---No optional script found, continuing---
7DTD  | ---Taking ownership of data...---
7DTD  | ---Starting...---
7DTD  | ---Update SteamCMD---
7DTD  | Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
7DTD  | Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
7DTD  | [  0%] Checking for available updates...
7DTD  | [----] Verifying installation...
7DTD  | Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1702079268
7DTD  | -- type 'quit' to exit --
7DTD  | Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
7DTD  | OK
7DTD  | 
7DTD  | Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
7DTD  | Waiting for client config...OK
7DTD  | Waiting for user info...OK
7DTD  | ---Update Server---
7DTD  | Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
7DTD  | OK
7DTD  | 
7DTD  | Success! App '294420' already up to date.
7DTD  | ---Prepare Server---
7DTD  | ---Server ready---
7DTD  | ---Start Server---
7DTD  | /opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 68: /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: No such file or directory
7DTD  | OK
7DTD  | 
7DTD  | OK
7DTD  | 
7DTD  | /opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 68: /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: No such file or directory
7DTD  | OK
7DTD  | 
7DTD  | OK
7DTD  | 
7DTD exited with code 0

3 hours ago, sechag said:

Hi, 

I don't see my Ark Ascended server on the dedicated server list in game. The ports are well registered on my internet router udp(7777), udp(27015), tcp(27020). But I can enter my server via the console <my IP>:7777. I don't understand :/

Ich habe das gleiche problem, der server lief jetzt wochenlang einwandfrei aber jetzt geht nichts mehr, Ports sind freigegeben und an der Frittzbox hat sich auch nichts geändert. Ist seit dem Vorletzen Update.

4 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

Ich habe das gleiche problem

Only English over here please.

5 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

aber jetzt geht nichts mehr

But I assume you can connect through the console as the other user who reported this.

5 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

Ist seit dem Vorletzen Update.

I will look into that tomorrow.