[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

I'm supporting both but you can't enable both at the same time, I will add a check if BepInEx is enabled so that this folder will be removed.

Wait but you are saying that BepInEx doesn't need the folder but the user reported that he experienced this with V+

BepInEx requires this directory and libraries be removed.  V+ is just a mod (one of thousands) that experiences this problem because the issue isn't with the mod but with BepInEx. 

This also isn't really a bug but more of a hygiene/clean-up issue. BepInEx no longer requires these libraries and if they exist, the game tries to load them but fails simply because they've been deprecated and should no longer be used.

I would trigger off of BepInEx being enabled which would allow your container to work with any mod.

Edited by TheBrian

I had the server working yesterday after deleting the old libraries folder manually, but after restarting the server today it's complaining that it can't check the ValheimPlus version and puts the container to sleep.

I noticed on the client-side BepinEx console that it is failing to check the ValheimPlus version as well. Any idea if this is a BepinEx, container, or some other issue?

14 hours ago, TheBrian said:

I would trigger off of BepInEx being enabled which would allow your container to work with any mod.

Hmmm interesting, the container is using the V+ mod from over here which is bundled with BepInEx which apparently ships with this folder, however if you enable BepInEx instead of V+ in the container template (yes these are two different options) then it uses the BepInEx version from Thunderstore and I'm assuming that if you enable BepInEx that the folder need to be removed which is not the case for V+

Anyways, I have a idea how to solve this.

Thanks for your help.

9 hours ago, Refken said:

I had the server working yesterday after deleting the old libraries folder manually, but after restarting the server today it's complaining that it can't check the ValheimPlus version and puts the container to sleep.

How often did you restart the server? A bit more information or at least a screenshot would be nice.

9 hours ago, Refken said:

I noticed on the client-side BepinEx console that it is failing to check the ValheimPlus version as well. Any idea if this is a BepinEx, container, or some other issue?

Screenshot please?

I've installed the container for The Front dedicated server, which is available and working fully from outside my own LAN (after a ton of messing around with ports etc). However, I can't connect to it at all from inside my own network. The only way I have been able to connect so far is to use a VPN on my main PC to give myself a different external IP.

When not connected to a VPN I can see my own server in the ingame browser & add it as a favourite etc. It has a 0 ping, which I would expect, being local. After putting in the password, it just times out. If I connect to my VPN, it works fine.

After some searching, I've seen other Steam games have similar issues but are able to get around it by using direct connect or various other workarounds. The Front doesn't have any ability to do that though, so far as I can find. Does anyone know of a solution for this particular game?

43 minutes ago, Kansalis said:

After some searching, I've seen other Steam games have similar issues but are able to get around it by using direct connect or various other workarounds. The Front doesn't have any ability to do that though, so far as I can find. Does anyone know of a solution for this particular game?

It seems like that you HairPinNAT is not configured properly and this is the reason why you can‘t connect to the server from your local network.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

It seems like that you HairPinNAT is not configured properly and this is the reason why you can‘t connect to the server from your local network.

I'm not sure what more I need to try. I'm using pfSense & have tried every combination of options for NAT Reflection. If I set Reflection mode to NAT+Proxy, I get this in the game server log but it still times out:

[2023.11.10-19.54.03:359][621]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 192.168.0.123:31355
[2023.11.10-19.54.04:361][656]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server OnlineBeaconHost_2147449736 accept
[2023.11.10-19.54.04:361][656]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 192.168.0.123:31355
[2023.11.10-19.54.05:363][691]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server OnlineBeaconHost_2147449736 accept

That IP is my firewall, not my actual PC. I assume that's why it's not working, but I don't know how to troubleshoot that. If I change to Pure NAT, I get nothing in the server log at all. I have ports 15636-15640 forwarded to my server.

When connecting with an active VPN, I get this (from the public IP on the VPN) and it connects into the game fine:

[2023.11.10-20.00.40:971][481]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server OnlineBeaconHost_2147449736 accept
[2023.11.10-20.00.40:972][481]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 89.40.212.245:64682
[2023.11.10-20.00.40:997][482]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server OnlineBeaconHost_2147449736 accept
[2023.11.10-20.00.40:997][482]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 89.40.212.245:64682
[2023.11.10-20.00.40:997][482]LogNet: Server accepting post-challenge connection from: 89.40.212.245:64682

image.thumb.png.525af4ff3d66d6e4944b7b4d1d0f686e.png

Edited by Kansalis
9 hours ago, Kansalis said:

I'm not sure what more I need to try. I'm using pfSense & have tried every combination of options for NAT Reflection. If I set Reflection mode to NAT+Proxy, I get this in the game server log but it still times out:

Sorry but I really can't help here since I'm using OPNsense and everything is working here, connections from both inside my LAN and from WAN are accepted properly.

Hey, I was wondering if Cod4X would be added? I have it running fine without a mod but the moment I start the server to run promod I get the following error:-

Error: Waited 101 msec for missing asset "Server crashed: BG_LoadWeaponDef: Could not find default weapon".

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Hello all,

Hoping someone can help. Iv been running "the forest" and "sons of the forest" server docker on unriad for a while, HOWEVER the issue I'm always having with any docker server is the steam server token expires. in other words the GSLT is expiring because steam show no logins after 2 weeks. 

Every two weeks I have to log into https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers and then regenerate a token, edit the docker GAME_PARAMS to the new token every 2(ish) weeks.

Have been using this for CSGO for a year without issues, decided to give it a go with CS2 using the related :cs2 tag, but I'm having an issue with it wiping my server.cfg whenever I start up the container. I've tried with and without steamcmd validate enabled in case that had any effect but no luck. It did work the first time I set up my server addons and restarted but has been wiping my server.cfg to its default ever since, tried deleting the serverfiles and restarting to redownload them but did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Hubsaab
8 hours ago, Alex12345 said:

sons of the forest

The last time that I've created such a container it was not necessary to have a token for that dedicated server, are you sure that it's needed.

8 hours ago, Alex12345 said:

the forest

What AppID are you using and how you are passing it over to the container? Do you maybe have screenshots?

8 hours ago, Kicks said:

but would you even be able to point me into the right direction as to why mods wouldn't be working through a docker?

I don't know which container are you using, I think it would be best to ask the maintainer. Usually it's not different than a dedicated server on bare metal, have you yet tried to run the dedicated server itself on bare metal and see if it is working there? Maybe a dependency is missing or something like that.

7 hours ago, Hubsaab said:

I've tried with and without steamcmd validate enabled in case that had any effect but no luck. It did work the first time I set up my server addons and restarted but has been wiping my server.cfg to its default ever since, tried deleting the serverfiles and restarting to redownload them but did not help.

Please post screenshots from you Docker template and your share settings from where the container is located.

Usually it's either validation enabled or it's a misconfigured Share where the mover moves the data from the appdata Cache drive to the Array or something like that.

Also please keep in mind that the CS2 server is highly experimental and not everything is working AFAIK.

I will be setting up a server in the next weeks for myself and I expect a lot of roadblocks.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don't know which container are you using, I think it would be best to ask the maintainer. Usually it's not different than a dedicated server on bare metal, have you yet tried to run the dedicated server itself on bare metal and see if it is working there? Maybe a dependency is missing or something like that.

I have used Pterodactyl Panel, had the same issue server worked and ran perfectly fine was able to connect etc, same with a docker created by Matracey but had the exact same results, works fine out of the box but soon as you run a mod it throws up the error previously stated, I have spoken to the devs of Pterodactyl as well as went through quite a few different dockers and it all seems to be an unraid issue. 

I normally run the servers from an linux setup with dockers and has always worked perfectly but from what I have researched an update on unraid around the start of the year seems to have broken them (seen the same issues been created on github from start of the year) as I have tried various ones

1 hour ago, Kicks said:

I have used Pterodactyl Panel

Sorry but I'm really not into that either and I've even never tried it.

1 hour ago, Kicks said:

docker created by Matracey but had the exact same results

Maybe create a issue in that GitHub repository that you've linked.

1 hour ago, Kicks said:

and it all seems to be an unraid issue

That's the last thing that I can imagine, as long as if you are on the latest stable version, Unraid does nothing different than any other Distribution.

1 hour ago, Kicks said:

mod

In this thread you are on your own with mods because I can only provide the base functionality (because I simply can't know all mods for each game and how they work) from the container but I try to help people usually best as I can for containers that I've made but I really can't help here because I don't maintain them.

Sorry but I really can't help here because of three reasons:

1. In general I can't help with modding
  2. I don't maintain a container for CoD4
  3. I'm even not a CoD player at all
On 11/15/2023 at 12:07 AM, ich777 said:

The last time that I've created such a container it was not necessary to have a token for that dedicated server, are you sure that it's needed.

What AppID are you using and how you are passing it over to the container? Do you maybe have screenshots?

Here is a screen shot of the container settings for "the forest". Sons of the forest have the same settings. Its not possible to run the server without the token. It doesnt matter if people play in the server or not, every 2ish weeks the token expires (for both containers).

So i see in "the forest" settings as shown it says put "serverSteamAccount" before the token. Iv done that now and still steam shows no logins via server on Sons of the forest or other servers.

the forest.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Alex12345