[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, theagain said:

Was  one of the first things I had tried. Still continues to loop.

Thinking it's to do with the game ports which is the only thing that's really changed.

 

Defaults are already in use though

Im running 3 servers all with different ports. when you changed the ports you actually removed the default and readded them, as well as the variable GAME_PORT? you just didnt change the numbers around?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

Im running 3 servers all with different ports. when you changed the ports you actually removed the default and readded them, as well as the variable GAME_PORT? you just didnt change the numbers around?

Didn't re-add game_port just edited the port to match the new ones that were entered after deleting the default values.

 

I've tried with keeping the container port at default 2456, with new host, and with container/host ports set to the 2060 ones with no luck.

 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, theagain said:

Didn't re-add game_port just edited the port to match the new ones that were entered after deleting the default values.

 

I've tried with keeping the container port at default 2456, with new host, and with container/host ports set to the 2060 ones with no luck.

 

You need to actually delete aka remove, and then readd it.  you can't just change the port numbers because the container port will still have the default ones and not use the new ones that you entered.

 

http://prntscr.com/10d90q7

 

http://prntscr.com/10d91jj

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

You need to actually delete aka remove, and then readd it.  you can't just change the port numbers because the container port will still have the default ones and not use the new ones that you entered.

 

http://prntscr.com/10d90q7

 

http://prntscr.com/10d91jj

Yes, had done that only way to change the container port portion of the value. Still no luck.

Just redid those values to match your ports if for some odd reason 2460-2462 was taken but, no change.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, theagain said:

Yes, had done that only way to change the container port portion of the value. Still no luck.

Just redid those values to match your ports if for some odd reason 2460-2462 was taken but, no change.

Have you tried removing that instance fully, ie delete directory and starting from scratch?  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

Have you tried removing that instance fully, ie delete directory and starting from scratch?  

Everything but the /mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd as that is used for an already running server.

Link to comment

Has anyone had issues with Valheim where all of a sudden no one is able to open doors/chests out of nowhere when playing with other people? It started happening yesterday, no issues before that.  I had my friend leave the server to test it, sure enough, I could open doors/chests the MOMENT they disconnected.  Another thing to note, my server doesn't show up on the community list for them - it does show up for me.  So I've had my friend connecting via IP ever since that became an issue.  Thoughts? TIA

Update: It seems this is a lag/desync issue and the Valheim devs are working with Steam on a fix.

Edited by KillahPwnz
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Got this server up and running with minimal hiccups. I did not choose to use Valheim Plus, but after some gameplay I wish I had. Will changing the setting and rebuilding with Valheim Plus cause any game progress to be lost?

Link to comment

I have been struggling to get the Valheim docker working.  I *think* I followed the setup guide properly, but I am unable to connect to my dedicated server on my home network.  I've attached  screenshot of my docker settings.  I've also quoted a copy of the entire log, which appears to be showing something weird that I didn't seen anyone else mention (6th line from the bottom):

 

Quote

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /
UPDATE CHECK: ---Nothing to do, Valheim up-to-date---
UPDATE CHECK: ---Nothing to do, Valheim up-to-date---
UPDATE CHECK: ---Nothing to do, Valheim up-to-date---

 

valheim docker.jpg

Link to comment
5 hours ago, theagain said:

Still continues to loop.

Please be sure to put in a minimum password length of 5 characters otherwise it won't work.

If that isn't the problem, check if you're affected by the world destroy bug, delete the whole '.config' folder that is in your valheim folder.

Eventually try start over (backup the 'Backups' folder frist from your 'valheim' directory to your local computer), delete the container from the Docker page then delete 'valheim' directory in your appdata folder and pull a fresh copy off of the CA Àpp and start it with the default settings.

 

4 hours ago, KillahPwnz said:

It seems this is a lag/desync issue and the Valheim devs are working with Steam on a fix.

Exactly, these are completely game related problems and have nothing to do with the container itself.

Please post such questions on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub. ;)

 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pippin said:

(6th line from the bottom)

That is only a Warning and can be ignored and will not affect the functionality of the game.

 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pippin said:

I *think* I followed the setup guide properly, but I am unable to connect to my dedicated server on my home network.

You are having the game set to Public '0' please set this to '1' and you will be able to reach the server from your local network and also from "outside" (don't know why this has everybody set to 0 when the default value is 1).

Also with which port are you trying to connect? The default would be LOCALIP:PORT+1 = LOCALIP:2757

 

3 hours ago, Rohyal said:

Will changing the setting and rebuilding with Valheim Plus cause any game progress to be lost?

I personally don't use Valheim Plus but from what I know it is possible to enable Valheim Plus and play without any progress loss, but keep in mind you have to install Valheim Plus to all the clients too and the exact same mods that you've enabled on the server otherwise you won't be able to connect.

Try to backup the 'Backups' folder from your 'valheim' directory to your local computer in case something goes wrong.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please be sure to put in a minimum password length of 5 characters otherwise it won't work.

If that isn't the problem, check if you're affected by the world destroy bug, delete the whole '.config' folder that is in your valheim folder.

Eventually try start over (backup the 'Backups' folder frist from your 'valheim' directory to your local computer), delete the container from the Docker page then delete 'valheim' directory in your appdata folder and pull a fresh copy off of the CA Àpp and start it with the default settings.

 

 

Read through the config like 50 times tying to find out was wrong... you know what setting I never took a second look at? The password... that fixed it. So convinced it was a port issue or something else...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/28/2021 at 7:39 PM, ich777 said:

Sorry wasn't clear enough in my previous answer.

You should be able to connect to the server via the Steam Server Browser with 'YOURINTERNALIPOFDELUGEVPN:2457' if you also created a port entry for the ports UDP 2456-2458 in your delugevpn template.

 

Sorry I really can't help with that and I'm also not sure if this is possible via a VPN because you have to physically open the ports for the IP address that you are connected through and then can connect with the 'VPNPUBLICIP:2457' with the Steam Server Browser.

 

Really don't know much about PIA and if this is possible through there services.

Have you shared other services through the VPN that are accessible from the internet?

I will try to route another docker through delugevpn for testing.
But I guess I'll have to wait till we get a proper internet connection.

I'm pretty much a newbie to the whole network topic 🙁

But thx nevertheless for trying to help me! 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment

First off, I'd like to apologize for not saying thank you to ich777 first prior to asking for help.  This is a great community and members like ich777's willingness to create such dockers and maintain them is very much appreciated.  Thank you.

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

That is only a Warning and can be ignored and will not affect the functionality of the game.

Should the log not be longer?  Mine gets to there and that's it, but the logs I'd seen other people post seemed to have much more in them.  Even when I left the docker running overnight, there was nothing more added to the log.

Quote

You are having the game set to Public '0' please set this to '1' and you will be able to reach the server from your local network and also from "outside" (don't know why this has everybody set to 0 when the default value is 1).

I changed to 1 as you directed and I'm still not able to connect.  As for why I changed it (and why likely others have, too) is I misinterpreted the description for that value and thought that was how you made it a community server, which I didn't want.  I thought public=community.

Quote

Also with which port are you trying to connect? The default would be LOCALIP:PORT+1 = LOCALIP:2757

I am attempting to connect to port 2457.  If we pretend my server's static IP is 192.168.1.10, then I'm entering 192.168.1.10:2457 in Valheim when I click "Join IP".

 

Is there anything else you can suggest I check or change?  I will try deleting the docker and the appdata folders and starting over, but I'm not optimistic at this point that I'll have a different outcome.

 

One more bit of info, when I attempt to connect I get a "connecting" screen for ~8 seconds, then I get a "disconnected" message.  Not sure if that's unique to anything, or if that's the generic fail screen.

 

 

EDIT:  On my local network, if I ONLY enter the IP address (and not a port number) I can connect to the server.  When I add a port number that's when I get can't connect and get the "disconnected" message.

Edited by Dr_Pippin
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Dr_Pippin said:

Should the log not be longer?  Mine gets to there and that's it, but the logs I'd seen other people post seemed to have much more in them.  Even when I left the docker running overnight, there was nothing more added to the log.

No, this is the basic log.

You can set Debug log to 'true' but that will completely bloat your log (in the template click on 'Show more').

Yes, the log will not get longer, but this is a good indicator that everything is working.

 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pippin said:

in Valheim when I click "Join IP"

Please try the Steam Server Browser (View -> Server -> Favourites -> Add Server -> Enter your IP eg: 192.168.1.10:2457 -> Add server -> Refresh).

 

If you try it from ingame it's really buggy...

 

Keep in mind this game is in early alpha and such bugs are very likely to happen. Your server is definetely running and people can connect.

EDIT: Please keep in mind, most questions here asked related to the game and not to the container itself, so this questions should be asked on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub.

 

Also please read the second recommended post on the top of the Thread.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please try the Steam Server Browser (View -> Server -> Favourites -> Add Server -> Enter your IP eg: 192.168.1.10:2457 -> Add server -> Refresh).

 

If you try it from ingame it's really buggy...

You were 100% correct.  I didn't know about steam's server browser, but that worked perfectly for me connecting over my local IP and my external IP from within my house.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

FYI I just updated to the latest container and it didn't have an entry for "Automatically Update Game". Not sure why it wouldn't show, but I followed your earlier instructions to add a new Variable. We'll see if it works when the developer pushes the next client update!

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Dr_Pippin said:

You were 100% correct.  I didn't know about steam's server browser, but that worked perfectly for me connecting over my local IP and my external IP from within my house.

I was getting issues with my machine were I could join locally but not through external ip. does the port mapping from app to host contain the public ip? I contacted my ISP and they told me that the ports 2456-2458 were not blocked.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, BBLV said:

Not sure why it wouldn't show, but I followed your earlier instructions to add a new Variable. We'll see if it works when the developer pushes the next client update!

You have to add the manually add the Variable otherwise it will not show up in the template, but it's enabled by default...

You can check that if you open up the log and see if you got messages that say:

UPDATE CHECK: ---Nothing to do, Valheim up-to-date---

 

If you get this messages everything is working and the container checks for updates.

 

1 hour ago, serge88 said:

I was getting issues with my machine were I could join locally but not through external ip.

Some routers are not capable of NAT reflection and then you can't connect with your external IP from your local network.

If you forwarded the ports correctly (all 3 ports UDP) in your router/firewall try to connect from externally to your server with your public IP.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to add the manually add the Variable otherwise it will not show up in the template, but it's enabled by default...

You can check that if you open up the log and see if you got messages that say:

UPDATE CHECK: ---Nothing to do, Valheim up-to-date---

 

If you get this messages everything is working and the container checks for updates.

 

Some routers are not capable of NAT reflection and then you can't connect with your external IP from your local network.

If you forwarded the ports correctly (all 3 ports UDP) in your router/firewall try to connect from externally to your server with your public IP.

Thanks for the clarification. I see exactly that in the logs, thanks for the awesome work. My Valheim server has been rock solid since day 1 using your docker (knock on core wood).

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey, could anyone help me with moving valheim world save to docker? I have local world files on my PC but want to move whole save to unraid docker server. Is there a way to move it trought webGUI? Or maybe I need to plug in a pendrive and move it trought a some docker commands?

Link to comment

i have a problem with my Minecraft server.
I dont get access to the op-commands.
My op.json:

[
  {
    "uuid": "MY UUID",
    "name": "MY Minecraft Name",
    "level": 4,
    "bypassesPlayerLimit": true
  }
]

 

I want to add the admin per console, but how can i open it to use the command "/op ingamename"

 

Big thx!

Link to comment
52 minutes ago, dtrybula said:

Hey, could anyone help me with moving valheim world save to docker? I have local world files on my PC but want to move whole save to unraid docker server. Is there a way to move it trought webGUI? Or maybe I need to plug in a pendrive and move it trought a some docker commands?

Please read the second recommended post on the top of this thread.

 

You can move it over SMB too (just share your appdata directory in Shares through Unraid), just be sure to stop the container first and then do everything like in the second recommended post.

 

 

20 minutes ago, i-B4se said:

My op.json:

We are talking about the MincraftBasicServer or am I wrong? :)

The file should be named 'ops.json' not 'op.json' and it should look like (I thik the file looks right you posted):

]
  {
    "uuid": "UUIDFROMCONSOLE",
    "name": "USERNAMEFROMCONSOLE",
    "level": 4,
    "bypassesPlayerLimit": false
  }
]

 

 

To connect to the console of the container you can open up a Unraid console (not from the container!!!) and type in this:

docker exec -u minecraft -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Minecraft'

(replace NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER with the exact name of your container and you are connected to the console of the container, if you are finished close this window).

 

Also if you read the description of the container you see this:

Quote

 

CONSOLE: To connect to the console open up the terminal on the host machine and type in: 'docker exec -u minecraft -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Minecraft' (without quotes) to exit the screen session press CTRL+A and then CTRL+D or simply close the terminal window in the first place.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.