[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Ich777 first of all thank you so much for simplifying these setups on Unraid. But I've restarted my Valheim server, and now it's as if I started a brand new server. We lost about a week of play so I was going to try to restore the backup, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I've tried restoring several different backups, but they all seem to be the same? I don't know if this has been covered before of if it makes sense. I'm trying to restore to \Appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim which is the only place I've spotted the World folder on the server. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? TIA for any help you can offer.

Update on my missing world from half an hour ago:

I had to move the oldest backup file I had into the newly created

\\NAME\appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim\worlds_local

folder. Previously I was overwriting the the one in the original 'worlds' folder and found that I kept reconnecting to the new, blank, day 1 world. @aRcaNia have you tried moving a backup to this separate "local" folder?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Hokie Saiko said:

folder. Previously I was overwriting the the one in the original 'worlds' folder and found that I kept reconnecting to the new, blank, day 1 world. @aRcaNia have you tried moving a backup to this separate "local" folder?

This fixed my world being reset as well. Thanks for the tip!

21 minutes ago, Hokie Saiko said:

@Hokie that solved it! Thank you so much for the rapid reply and the solution.

• Upvote 1

@aRcaNia & @Stolas & @Hokie Saiko & @TimNL81 fix for Valheim is applied, but you first have to update the Docker container and after that restart it so that it moves the directory where it should belong now

That's the downside of the automatic update function...

For everyone else who experiencing that he starts on a new world on his Valheim server:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go to your Backups folder (usually in .../valheim/Backups and open the latest Backup tar.gz file
  3. In the tar.gz archive go into the worlds folder and extract the contents to .../valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local and overwrite the existing files in there
  4. Start the container again
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello @ich777Thank you that did it. Slightly different question, is it normal for it to take a long time for the server to be connectable via public IP + port.

on my LAN it's pretty quick for it to appear if I use my internal LAN network + port. But for external connections it can take hours. For example I left mine running last night, first hour or two server was not visible via Public IP + port. When I woke up this morning everything was good and my friends were able to connect.

Since I just updated the container and started it up again I'm just curious if it's normal for it to take that long for it to show in either steam > servers or even within the game when connecting via Public IP + port.

9 minutes ago, chrisanton18 said:

on my LAN it's pretty quick for it to appear if I use my internal LAN network + port. But for external connections it can take hours. For example I left mine running last night, first hour or two server was not visible via Public IP + port. When I woke up this morning everything was good and my friends were able to connect.

What game are we talking about? If you are talking about Valheim or V-Rising it is almost a similar story because they are both based on the Unity engine.

Do you mean visible in terms of visible that it appears on the server list or do you mean that you can connect via your public IP?

If you mean that it can take quite a lot of time to show up on the in game server list (should be also the same as you browse it through the Steam Server Browser) than I think the answer is yes because these two mentioned games above are highly played games and the main servers from them seem to be struggling to displaying everything on the server list.

However you should be able to connect through your public IP if you can join already through your LAN, if not it is maybe a thing of hair pin NAT that your Router/Firewall doesn't fully support or isn't configured properly (try to connect through your public IP from a different network or ask someone if he can join via direct connect through your public IP).

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What game are we talking about? If you are talking about Valheim or V-Rising it is almost a similar story because they are both based on the Unity engine.

Do you mean visible in terms of visible that it appears on the server list or do you mean that you can connect via your public IP?

If you mean that it can take quite a lot of time to show up on the in game server list (should be also the same as you browse it through the Steam Server Browser) than I think the answer is yes because these two mentioned games above are highly played games and the main servers from them seem to be struggling to displaying everything on the server list.

However you should be able to connect through your public IP if you can join already through your LAN, if not it is maybe a thing of hair pin NAT that your Router/Firewall doesn't fully support or isn't configured properly (try to connect through your public IP from a different network or ask someone if he can join via direct connect through your public IP).

Hey ich777, sorry should've mentioned it. Talking about Valheim.

Visible in terms that it doesn't appear at all on the server list and my friends can't connect via public IP if I just started the container (and even a few hours after startup).

But if I wait long enough (I'll monitor today to try and nail down how long it takes) it'll become available and my friends can connect.

The weird part is this only happens when I try to host the valheim server from a Docker container in unRAID. If I just host it on my Windows PC like I used too (just tried it again now) the option to connect to via both LAN and Public IP appear rather quickly.

Was mostly curious on the behavior and if there was anything I missed configuring within unRAID or the container itself.

Hey there i have trouble, running a "Mordhau" server.

i get this:

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 16: /serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: Permission denied
---Update Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 46: /serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: Permission denied
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for 'Game2.ini'---
---'Game2.ini' not found, downloading---
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/serverdata/serverfiles/Mordhau/Saved’: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/serverdata/serverfiles/Mordhau/Saved/Config’: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/serverdata/serverfiles/Mordhau/Saved/Config/LinuxServer’: No such file or directory
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 66: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/Mordhau/Saved/Config/LinuxServer: No such file or directory
---Can't download 'Game2.ini' putting server into sleep mode---

can anybody please help me? :(

1 hour ago, chrisanton18 said:

Visible in terms that it doesn't appear at all on the server list and my friends can't connect via public IP if I just started the container (and even a few hours after startup).

But you can join from LAN?

If that's the case some weird network related issue must be the cause of this.

Sounds maybe stupid, but have you already restarted your router/firewall?

If I just host it on my Windows PC like I used too (just tried it again now) the option to connect to via both LAN and Public IP appear rather quickly.

This is something completely different or do you host on your Windows PC also the dedicated server?

Usually if you are opening a session in game where your friends can join, this is done through Steam and their network and so on...

Was mostly curious on the behavior and if there was anything I missed configuring within unRAID or the container itself.

What port forwarding have you done in your router?

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But you can join from LAN?

If that's the case some weird network related issue must be the cause of this.

Sounds maybe stupid, but have you already restarted your router/firewall?

To answer your question first, yes I'm able to join by LAN and I've lost count of the amount of times I rebooted my router.

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is something completely different or do you host on your Windows PC also the dedicated server?

Usually if you are opening a session in game where your friends can join, this is done through Steam and their network and so on...

What port forwarding have you done in your router?

I only host on one at a time, not both at the same time and I was trying different port ranges so there would be no conflict. The port forwarding I was doing (again not at the same time or from multiple devices on the same ports) were the following:

2456-2458

2466-2468

But I think I figured out the problem and it's kind of embarrassing. At least when I change this it works perfectly fine.

I decided to just start a brand new Docker container without importing our old world/name/password. Just created a new one with a new name, password and default port ranges.

Within a minute Public IP and port was showing up in steams server list and I was able to also search it up in Valheim itself. Had a friend connect and was able to confirm.

The embarrassing part was our "server name"... I guess it contains what Steam would consider a not so PG word. Every time I would use our old Server name running from the docker container I Could wait and wait and nothing shows up.

The moment I changed the server name... well there it was. So I'm all good now. I can start and start the container and even re-set it up again within minutes and everyone can connect.

Never encountered this when I was running the server straight from my Windows PC (non Docker). I'm assuming the way the Valheim Dedicated Server script runs from a desktop environment versus a docker container bypasses any type of check steam does for friendly names lol.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

On what Unraid version are you? Please make sure that you are on the latest Unraid version or post your Diagnostics please.

Something really funky is going on on your system...

Have you yet tried to restart Unraid?

Solved it!

It was a wrong path in unraid, server now is running finde.

But i cant find where to put Mods or New Maps.

I read this: https://mordhau.fandom.com/wiki/Dedicated_Server_Hosting_Guide

but it looks different.

can you help me here? 🥰

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Ben Stan said:

can you help me here? 🥰

I really can't help with mods and such since I don't play Mordhaus, or even own it, this was one of the last games that I did on request so I really can't help here.

I can only tell you that if you search something you or the paths relative to the paths in the linked page are located in your appdata within the "mordhau" directory

But where to put everything I really can't help since I'm not familiar with the game itself.

• Like 1

2456-2458

2466-2468

Have you also changed the ports as described in the recommended post on top of this thread?

The embarrassing part was our "server name"... I guess it contains what Steam would consider a not so PG word. Every time I would use our old Server name running from the docker container I Could wait and wait and nothing shows up.

So it is a server name issue?

Also make sure that you use at least 6 characters for the password...

Hi, I am using your valheim docker server, and with the latest update of Valheim I have errors when trying to enable Valheim+. Previously it was working fine, but when I installed the update, I now get a segmentation fault when trying to load the server with Valheim+ on. 

---ValheimPlus v0.9.9.8 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---with Valheim Plus---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 254: 87 Segmentation fault ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1654574676

Any ideas on why I'd be seeing this? I verified everything loads fine when valheim+ is disabled

@ich777Thank you very much for all the Servers,

Stationeers Dedicated Server:

just a heads-up: since the june 15 update from Stationeers Dedicated Server, it doesnt work anymore

they changed something with the engine and on me even with a fresh install it hangs on startup

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Count cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: count
  at System.String.Ctor (System.Char c, System.Int32 count) [0x0000d] in <8381b4eb633d4e20a2796f7a88eaf7e5>:0 
  at System.String.CreateString (System.Char c, System.Int32 count) [0x00000] in <8381b4eb633d4e20a2796f7a88eaf7e5>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-managed) System.String..ctor(char,int)
  at UI.ImGuiUi.RocketSystemConsole.ClearLine () [0x00012] in <2d6b3361e9454c32a5297c71f43a1b12>:0 
  at UI.ImGuiUi.RocketSystemConsole.PrintToConsole (System.String output, System.ConsoleColor colour) [0x00000] in <2d6b3361e9454c32a5297c71f43a1b12>:0 
  at Assets.Scripts.ConsoleWindow.Print (System.String output, System.ConsoleColor color, System.Boolean clearLine, System.Boolean aged) [0x00010] in <2d6b3361e9454c32a5297c71f43a1b12>:0 
  at Assets.Scripts.ConsoleWindow.WaitForGameToBeReadyThenOverrideConsoleInput () [0x00117] in <2d6b3361e9454c32a5297c71f43a1b12>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.UniTaskScheduler:PublishUnobservedTaskException(Exception)
Assets.Scripts.<WaitForGameToBeReadyThenOverrideConsoleInput>d__30:MoveNext()
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.CompilerServices.AsyncUniTaskVoid1:Run()
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.AwaiterActions:Continuation(Object)
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.UniTaskCompletionSourceCore1:TrySetResult(Object)
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.DelayPromise:MoveNext()
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.Internal.PlayerLoopRunner:RunCore()
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.Internal.PlayerLoopRunner:Run()

Edited by Marcel40625
5 hours ago, ValheimGamer said:

Any ideas on why I'd be seeing this? I verified everything loads fine when valheim+ is disabled

Having the same issue.

After executing the start command inside the container without piping the output to /dev/null (should probably log that output instead....)

The result is this:

6/20/2022 20:20:09: Get create world [worldname]
06/20/2022 20:20:09:   failed to load [worldname]
06/20/2022 20:20:09:  creating
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Failed to find APPID
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Using steam APPID:0
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Invalid APPID
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Steam is not initialized
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Missing audio clip in music respawn
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'GuiScale' before loading defaults
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'DOF' before loading defaults
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'Bloom' before loading defaults
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'SSAO' before loading defaults
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'SunShafts' before loading defaults
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'AntiAliasing' before loading defaults
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'ChromaticAberration' before loading defaults
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'MotionBlur' before loading defaults
06/20/2022 20:20:09: Builder started
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at HeightmapBuilder.Build (HeightmapBuilder+HMBuildData data) [0x0005e] in <6c9b62da23264afb93493ccc5d935b30>:0 
  at HeightmapBuilder.BuildThread () [0x00067] in <6c9b62da23264afb93493ccc5d935b30>:0 
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [0x00014] in <3bd2ef0569bb447ab148a85644c552d7>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <3bd2ef0569bb447ab148a85644c552d7>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <3bd2ef0569bb447ab148a85644c552d7>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <3bd2ef0569bb447ab148a85644c552d7>:0 
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () [0x00008] in <3bd2ef0569bb447ab148a85644c552d7>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.<>c:<RegisterUECatcher>b__0_0(Object, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

Edited by doguitar
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you also changed the ports as described in the recommended post on top of this thread?

Yes, the picture on the post outlining how to delete the original UDP Range and add a new one if I used a different range was extremely helpful.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

So it is a server name issue?

Also make sure that you use at least 6 characters for the password...

As far as I can tell it is indeed a server name issue. I stopped the container and re-edited it back to the original name I had and the issue returned (without making any port changes, just the server name), waited about an hour or 2 and server still didn't know up via public IP. Soon as I change it to no longer use what I believe to be the "culprit" word. Server shows up and my friends can connect.

And I have indeed been using a password with at least 6 characters. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, chrisanton18 said:

As far as I can tell it is indeed a server name issue. I stopped the container and re-edited it back to the original name I had and the issue returned (without making any port changes, just the server name), waited about an hour or 2 and server still didn't know up via public IP. Soon as I change it to no longer use what I believe to be the "culprit" word. Server shows up and my friends can connect.

So evrything is working now for you, of course with a different servern name?

6 hours ago, ValheimGamer said:

I think this is an issue on the Valheim Plus side and that it needs to be updated but that‘s out of my control.

You can report that on the Valheim Plus GitHub if not already someone reported that here (I saw that already created an issue about 15 hours ago with the title „Valheim Crashes“).

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

I really can't help with mods and such since I don't play Mordhaus, or even own it, this was one of the last games that I did on request so I really can't help here.

I can only tell you that if you search something you or the paths relative to the paths in the linked page are located in your appdata within the "mordhau" directory

But where to put everything I really can't help since I'm not familiar with the game itself.

Thank you anyway for your effort in the forums and the community! 😍

Edited by Ben Stan
  • Like 1