[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Always depends on how you set up cloudflare, if you route it through their tunnel (don't know how it's actually called) it will most likely not work.

Did your friend try it with your public IP too?

The public IP should work fine, I'm not too sure if Satisfactory does resolve the hostname to the IP.

Yes they did try with my public IP as well and that did not work

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then there is something else wrong, are you sure you are not behind a CG-NAT?

Do you have other serverices available on the internet without a cloudflare tunnel or similar?

I have other servers running i have 7days server that also use and that uses steaSMD
seems to be a port fording issue 

Edited by KingFishy492
Port fording issue with router seems to be the case thank fro the help
1 hour ago, KingFishy492 said:

I have other servers running i have 7days server that also use and that uses steaSMD
seems to be a port fording issue 

Maybe, I really can't tell, it's strange that you can reach it from your LAN but not from outside, please double check your port forwarding and also the IP addresses including the protocol.

Sounds maybe stupid but have you tried to reboot your router yet?

4 minutes ago, balkongo said:

Hi, I'm curious about the Satisfactory docker and how often it updates? Yesterday the game updated on Steam and now I got mismatching game versions between the server and desktop game. 

Everytime you restart the docker, it will check for game updates ...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pokmiuhy said:

After the satisfactory update on steam yesterday I get a version mismatch error. Any idea how to fix?

Usually you just have to restart the container.

If that doesn't help, backup your Saves directory, after that stop the container, remove the container, remove the directory for the container, grab a fresh copy from the CA App and let it run for the first time, try to connect and see if it actually works, stop the container, delete the "new" Saves directory, place the Saves directory that you backed up in the new installation and finally start the container again.

I really don't know why for some people the automatic update fails, I was never able to reproduce this on my server.

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Usually you just have to restart the container.

If that doesn't help, backup your Saves directory, after that stop the container, remove the container, remove the directory for the container, grab a fresh copy from the CA App and let it run for the first time, try to connect and see if it actually works, stop the container, delete the "new" Saves directory, place the Saves directory that you backed up in the new installation and finally start the container again.

I really don't know why for some people the automatic update fails, I was never able to reproduce this on my server.

that did it, thanks!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Droppisalt said:

It's currently running from my game (i.e. only when my game is open).

Not sure if you can transfer a desktop game, you can at least try.

You have to transfer over the files from the desktop to the container.

10 minutes ago, Droppisalt said:

Also wondering if I put BepInEx to true, can I install server-side mods by following the manual steps from any mod I want to add?

Basically yes if there is a server side mod, please note that all mods are available for a dedicated server.

Hi ich777!
Thank you very much for the template. I am using the insurgency sandstorm template. I would like the server to start with a random map on startup. To do this i tried to start a script similar to this https://github.com/zDestinate/INS_Sandstorm/blob/master/start.sh (my version just echoes a random string from the available maps/scenarios) and insert the output to the GAME_PARAMS variable. I tried some stuff but couldn't make it work, do you have any idea how i could achieve this?

1 hour ago, binary_desu said:

To do this i tried to start a script similar to this https://github.com/zDestinate/INS_Sandstorm/blob/master/start.sh (my version just echoes a random string from the available maps/scenarios) and insert the output to the GAME_PARAMS variable.

This is a deprecated/archived repository.

I would like the server to start with a random map on startup.

Please see this tutorial: https://steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/1/3020122487775279882/

Since this is a Source2 game this should work fine and IIRC I even tested this back when I created the container and it was working fine.

I have a MapCycle.txt with my desired maps.
The "problem" i want to solve is, that the server will always start with the same map defined in the GAME_PARAMS.

For example
GAME_PARAMS:
"Ministry?Scenario=Scenario_Ministry_Checkpoint_Security?MaxPlayers=10?Password=xxx 
-GameStatsToken=xxxxx
-GSLTToken=xxxx 
-GameStats
-Mods
-mutators=Hardcore,SoldierOfFortune,FullyLoaded,AIModifier
-NoEAC
-MapCycle"

would cause that the first map after a (re-)start will always be Ministry, until we finish the map or i trigger a round win via the admin panel.
What i want is that the first Map after a docker restart is random.

17 minutes ago, binary_desu said:

What i want is that the first Map after a docker restart is random.

Sorry that‘s up to you, I can‘t help with that…

Modding is always up to the user, I can only support basic functionality.

You should consider installing a in game admin panel like sm admin where that is easily possible.

However just to let you know when you mount a script to /opt/scripts/user.sh the script will be run every container start as root before everything else, maybe this will help. 😉

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I was able to execute a script which will randomize the map part of the GAME_PARAMS ENV by mounting it as /opt/scripts/start-user.sh. 
However from my understanding i can't set the GAME_PARAMS environment variable from there because the start.sh script won't run the start-user.sh as source.

It seems like i need to modify your start.sh script or the Dockerfile for my idea to work, which i wanted to avoid. 

I be glad if someone has another idea, but i think i will call it quits after 5h xD

It seems like i need to modify your start.sh script or the Dockerfile for my idea to work, which i wanted to avoid. 

No, why?

You are overthinking it too much, why not edit the start-server.sh script through the user.sh and simply remove the map from the GAME_PARAMS from the template, with that you can inject a random map by the before mentioned user.sh script in the start-server.sh?

This would be way simpler any you wouldn't have to rebuild the container.

I think with that idea it should be pretty obvious what to do.

Restarting a Satisfactory container will mean losing blue prints that were created in game. the files still exist in 

appdata\satisfactory\.config\Epic\FactoryGame\Saved\SaveGames\blueprints\<saveName>

A reddit post Blueprints Gone after Server Restart shows a fix but it is for wolveix/satisfactory-server image.
Is there something we can change to ich777's Satisfactory unraid docker to get a similar fix?

17 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Is there something we can change to ich777's Satisfactory unraid docker to get a similar fix?

Are you really sure that all paths are set correctly? I know a few poeple who are using my container and do not have issues with blue prints.

Please double check if you have set the path in the template to /mnt/cache/appdata/… that your appdata share actually stays on the cache and is not moved over to the array.

BTW when I read the reddit post it was actually user error, see the first answer to the post and the post that you‘ve linked is 2 years old…

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

No, why?

You are overthinking it too much, why not edit the start-server.sh script through the user.sh and simply remove the map from the GAME_PARAMS from the template, with that you can inject a random map by the before mentioned user.sh script in the start-server.sh?

This would be way simpler any you wouldn't have to rebuild the container.

I think with that idea it should be pretty obvious what to do.

🤦‍♂️you are right, i was too focused on the ENV. I ended up mounting a version of the start.sh which will execute

source ./opt/scripts/user-start.sh

that worked in the end.

I have change that, replacing the ${GAME_PARAMS} via sed. 

Thank you!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, logeme115 said:

Should the docker be stored in cache or in array?

I would always recommend to leave the whole appdata folder on the cache since there are all relevant files for Docker stored which usually need quick access to the data which you are slowing down when some files are on the array and the array can never go to sleep how it is set up on your server.

If you don‘t want to do that then change the path from the game files to /mnt/user/appdata/…