[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

40 minutes ago, syko91 said:

about rust docker is there an auto wipe cycle for 2 week server may i have the command ?

Nope, however you could write e really basic script that stops the container, deletes the save directory and starts the container finally.

You could let that run through a schedule in User Scripts.

That would be the easiest solution.

On 10/6/2024 at 3:24 PM, Maffy said:

it dosent work -clusterid=< mynumber> -clusterDirOverride=/mnt/daten/appdata/ArkCluster 

Sry im Stupid. Ihave to make the DIR or the Docker does it by itself?

Hi sorry for the late response, work was killing me this week, 

if you still need help ->

as @ich777 also said, it has to be in the serverfiles, the reason being the containers share that folder

image.thumb.png.2a5b4e8c674035e1f2a3c012ad6f86dd.png

since all of your servers you want on the cluster need to read that data they all need to share it

try it with -clusterid=<yourClusterId> -clusterDirOverride=/serverdata/serverfiles/clusterfiles and if you really wanted to change the directory -clusterDirOverride=/serverdata/serverfiles/<thisCanBeChanged> if I understand it correctly myself.

• Like 1

So i wanted to use my Old serverdata which worked, now in the Logs it wont let me start the server as port 40120 is already being used (picture).
i also included my container config i have no idea whats up here, i restarted the Sarver and reinstalled everything but that didnt help i also changed the tx admin port and tried differrent ones but it keeps doing the 40120 being used thing. WEll, editing this here becuase i did some stuff and now it says TxAdmin port is not valid......

image_2024-10-13_214615796.png

image_2024-10-13_214909359.png

image_2024-10-13_214919216.png

Edited by CaymanHosting
25 minutes ago, CaymanHosting said:

So i wanted to use my Old serverdata which worked, now in the Logs it wont let me start the server as port 40120 is already being used (picture).

Sorry but I can't reproduce this over here with a new installation, everything is working just fine:
grafik.thumb.png.88299907ebbd522efa2bafbf3bc4cc43.png

txAdmin is also working fine:

grafik.png.eace4415b0d85ab02d0ea8cfed5f9a9c.png

Are you really sure that you don't have anything else on this port running, it must me a configuration issue on your end.

Running into an issue with your palworld docker.... Somehow after stopping the docker or restarting it I am forced along with all my other players to make a new character.... The data is still there, the map is still explored, yet we need to create characters every single time the server restarts, or is stopped then started.... Help would be amazing! It is set to back, yet it's backing up only level data... Unless I am missing where it's backing up player data I have zero idea what to do here.

I even tried running the internal command within the server /save, then restarted the server which greeted me with creating a new character... Again.... It is everytime I restart the server it forces you to make a new character.

[Edit 2] Just tested to see if placing a bench near the spawn, and running the /save command did anything... Seems like it just isn't saving anything if I restart or stop/start the docker app. I have backups enabled too, which there is a populated backup folder as well.... I am getting quite frustrated at this point with this.

Edited by Kermitmentissues
6 hours ago, Kermitmentissues said:

Somehow after stopping the docker or restarting it I am forced along with all my other players to make a new character.... The data is still there, the map is still explored, yet we need to create characters every single time the server restarts, or is stopped then started....

Please double check to what the path in the template is set, if it's set to /mnt/cache/appdata/... (recommended) please check that the primary storage in the Share settings for your appdata is set to Cache and the Mover takes no action.

If it's set to /mnt/user/appdata/... it should work regardless to what the primary storage in the Share settings for your appdata is set but I wouldn't recommend doing it that way because it could come with a performance penalty.

I suspect that this is the issue.

However I hope you are running this container on a Server with decent specs since when a few people play on it and you have built a few bases then the dedicated server will consume north about 20GB of RAM (I've even seen instances on my server where it consumed more than 33GB).

7 hours ago, CaymanHosting said:

tested it on my main machine with the same server.cfg and resource folder and it just works

So I suspect everything is working on your main server?

Maybe something else is using that exact port on your server, this could be caused if you run the container in host mode for example which is not needed.

Hello guys, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me setting up an Ark server for my son. I got the container running and configured, but I can only access the server through LAN. I have forwarded the ports but I am completely stuck and I am at the full extent of my knowledge unfortunately. I have also tried setting up a minecraft server but I have the same issue. I'm pretty certain that I'm not under a CGNAT. If anyone could help me, I would be immensely grateful! Thanks in advance!

1.png.cb7fca7d785bb8bacab016bba25423ab.png2.png.7e1ae0236fac81ed8065b7a1dc9257be.png

3.png

11 minutes ago, DScamp said:

If anyone could help me

First of all I wouldn't recommend forwarding the port for RCON, please remove that (27020 TCP) from your port forwarding in your Router.

It looks like the port forwarding is correct.

Are you sure that your Hair Pin NAT (NAT Reflection) is working properly, if it isn't working properly you can't reach the server from your LAN through the WAN address.

Please to connect to the server from outside your LAN with your public IP, if that is working it should also show up on the list (please make sure that you ticked all the correct boxes in the in Game Server list since you have to set everything correctly to see the server on the list).

Do you have other services running on your server which are working from outside your local network?

I went ahead and removed that rule.

As far as Hairpin NAT, it is the first time I've heard about this unfortunately. After reading up on it a bit, unifi "should" have the rules on automatically but I do not know how to check but I kind of understand what you're saying.

My son would be playing on his PS5, but it doesn't have a choice for selecting LAN so I cannot really test it that way. The only other people that would join are a few cousins which are also on PS5s and me (PC).

Is there any way I could test that the Hairpin NAT is working?

Thank you so much!

16 minutes ago, DScamp said:

Is there any way I could test that the Hairpin NAT is working?

Do you have other services running on your server which are exposed to the Internet?

If it is possible to resolve your public IP internally NAT Reflection is working properly.

I'm not that familiar with Unifi network gear but I had a few people here who had issues with NAT Reflection not working properly and some other IDS related issues.

BTW, I'm not 100% sure if it's possible to host a ARK dedicated server on PC which a Playstation can connect to.

2 hours ago, dsharpe89 said:

Having a random error on ASA dockers this morning, tried restarting the array and also uninstalled then reinstalled one of the maps but still get the same error in logs

The error 0x6A6 indicates an issue with your storage.

Are you sure that you have enough disk space available, please also check your syslog if you got errors related to disks.

I have the server on my custom network, its starting and i can connect, the some scripts dont work, the names and ensures are right, i checked resources and fxmanifests. idk why they aren activating. !!!! For clarification!!!!! The "main" server was the files that i had on my main gaming pc where i used to test stuff now i moved it to the unraid server.

image_2024-10-14_210145717.png

image_2024-10-14_210157786.png

Edited by CaymanHosting
Clarification
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

The error 0x6A6 indicates an issue with your storage.

Are you sure that you have enough disk space available, please also check your syslog if you got errors related to disks.

My vDisk for docker was full but i increased the size but still have the same issue, lots of storage in my array

docker image.PNG

array.PNG

Just now, dsharpe89 said:

My vDisk for docker was full but i increased the size but still have the same issue, lots of storage in my array

But the vDisk is not the issue since the container loads everything into the appdata directory.

Please double check the path for the game files, does it say /mnt/cache/appdata/... or does it say /mnt/user/appdata/...

If you have a cache drive and the path points to /mnt/cache/appdata/... the container can't download anything and that's why you see this error.

59 minutes ago, CaymanHosting said:

I have the server on my custom network, its starting and i can connect, the some scripts dont work, the names and ensures are right, i checked resources and fxmanifests. idk why they aren activating. !!!! For clarification!!!!! The "main" server was the files that i had on my main gaming pc where i used to test stuff now i moved it to the unraid server.

Sorry, I can't give any support for custom scripts and modding since I can only give support for the containers themselves when something is not working but your issue seems modding related and not container related.

On 10/12/2024 at 1:09 PM, ich777 said:

Nope, however you could write e really basic script that stops the container, deletes the save directory and starts the container finally.

You could let that run through a schedule in User Scripts.

That would be the easiest solution.

done thank you another ? server starts with seed or map 1337 how to get random?

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

But the vDisk is not the issue since the container loads everything into the appdata directory.

Please double check the path for the game files, does it say /mnt/cache/appdata/... or does it say /mnt/user/appdata/...

If you have a cache drive and the path points to /mnt/cache/appdata/... the container can't download anything and that's why you see this error.

That was it!!! Thank you very much 

• Like 1