[Support] Linuxserver.io - Calibre

On 1/2/2024 at 4:29 PM, unRAIDuser7 said:

Did you ever find a solution to this? I would like to be able to connect my Kobo to unraid vis USB and have it show up in calibre to manage books more easily.

Did you ever get this figured out?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Is there something I'm missing, should there not be a Library and/or other mount path arguments in the template setup? Do I need to add these manually to mount my library/media share?  First time trying to setup calibre using this image. 

Screenshot 2024-05-09 135126.png

• 1 month later...

After leaving my Calibre docker off for a long while, I tried to start it and add a new book, but I was getting constant and immediate "Server Error". No logs (log didn't have time to even start). Not sure what happened there.

After reading a bit here, decided to try changing the network from Bridge to Host and bing... eveyrthing working again. On Unraid 6.12.10 (and probably the last time I ran Calibre before was still with Unraid 6.11). I typically only run Calibre Web as I prefer this UI to browse my library, but adding books, converting, etc. is still only withg the main Calibre docker

• 4 weeks later...

After Calibre has been running for a while, it ends spitting this out:

```

Obt-Message: Xinerama extension is not present on the server
Openbox-Message: A window manager is already running on screen 0

```

and the CPU is pinned. Restarting the container works.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about installing this docker since Calibre seems to be very popular recently but it appears that most of the users have unresolved issues and there isn’t much support. Am I wrong?

Also looks like Calibre doesn’t work with iBooks on iOS but I’m seeing a lot of conflicting info about that. Can iBooks be linked with Calibre?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Schicksal said:

I‘ve setup a calibre server and it is working. Is ist possible to download (without usb cable) the books to a kindle? I don‘t want to read on a browser. Therefor we have a few kindle.

If you have an Amazon Kindle email ([email protected]) and your ebooks are epub, then you can simply email your book to your Kindle email with your Calibre "sharing book by email" function. Your Kindle book reader will then automatically download it from Amazon cloud. Off course, your Kindle reader must have wifi turned on.

Edited by bthoven
add more info.