[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

24 minutes ago, Bushibot said:

Photoprism docker. I'm trying to replace flickr. Dose this support a public read only view. I looks like you have send out share links... I want to have a ready only folder an stream view for anyone much like flickr...?

If possible please ask this question in the Photoprism Gitter or GitHub since this is a application specific question:

https://app.gitter.im/#/room/#browseyourlife_community:gitter.im

https://github.com/photoprism/photoprism/discussions

27 minutes ago, bumpkin said:

I tried setting my router to forward to the container subnet IP (instead of my Unraid server IP), but it wouldn't let me add an IP from that subnet.

I think I'm not fully following but maybe you need to set up your local subnet in the container if you want outbound traffic to your local net:

36 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think I'm not fully following but maybe you need to set up your local subnet in the container if you want outbound traffic to your local net:

Thanks so much for helping with stuff like this.  I set a variable for ROUTE to my local subnet (192.168.1.0/24) which allows my application container to see other devices on my LAN (thanks for that help).  I'm using an application called ChannelsDVR (which is awesome).  It has an external authentication mechanism through my.channelsdvr.net.  When sitting behind VPN using openvpn-client, mychannelsdvr.net can't authenticate.  I have opened the relevant port with my VPN provider.  It works using binhex-delugevpn if I set VPN_INPUT_PORTS and VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS to the Channels port (8089), but there are other problems using that container.  I have everything working the way I want, but my.channelsdvr.net can't see through openvpn-client, and it has to be because it's not forwarding my port through to the container.  So close!  Is it also possible to add a route for my Docker subnet (172.17.0.0/16)?  I tried comma separated after the ROUTE variable, but didn't work.  Alternatively, do I need to affirmatively forward the port in openvpn-client?  As mentioned, I tried VPNPORT but it didn't seem to work.

Edited by bumpkin
2 minutes ago, bumpkin said:

So close!

Please look at the README.md in my GitHub, I think ROUTE should fix it, it's really strange that it won't fix it in this scenario.

6 minutes ago, bumpkin said:

It has an external authentication mechanism through my.channelsdvr.net.  When sitting behind VPN using openvpn-client, mychannelsdvr.net can't authenticate.

Could it be possible that the IP from the VPN is blacklisted and that it doesn't work because of this?

Just now, ich777 said:

Please look at the README.md in my GitHub, I think ROUTE should fix it, it's really strange that it won't fix it in this scenario.

Could it be possible that the IP from the VPN is blacklisted and that it doesn't work because of this?

I don't think it's blacklisted because it works using the same .opvn config file with binhex-delugevpn.  Can I add a second subnet using ROUTE?  Do I just separate the two using a comma?

Well, the ChannelsDVR container needs to be able to see an HDHomeRun tuner on my LAN (sitting at 192.168.1.63).  Adding ROUTE to 192.168.1.0/24 in openvpn-client fixed that.  I was thinking the reason openvpn-client wasn't forwarding the port to my container is because it wasn't communicating through to 172.17.0.0/16.  But it's probably just a port forwarding issue through the container.  I'm stumped.

Edited by bumpkin
2 minutes ago, bumpkin said:

But it's probably just a port forwarding issue through the container.  I'm stumped.

Please check if ChannelsDVR listens on 0.0.0.0 maybe it's a app specific issue but it's very strange that it works with the container from @binhex.
Why not use his container, he also makes excellent Docker containers.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please check if ChannelsDVR listens on 0.0.0.0 maybe it's a app specific issue but it's very strange that it works with the container from @binhex.
Why not use his container, he also makes excellent Docker containers.

I really appreciate your persistence here.  Well, I can't get his container to see devices on my lan (the ROUTE variable doesn't seem to work the same way) and it seems to be super laggy with slow pings on the order of seconds (using the very same ovpn file).  Oh well.  I can VPN into my LAN and use your container.  That works well.  It just doesn't work for things like an Apple TV which needs to authenticate in the manner described.

Thanks again for all the help.

Hi,

I have been using luckybackup for some weeks but I have a problem with the schedule.

I have two tasks scheduled and "cronIT" as per:

• Time (hour:min): 1:0
  • Day of week: Monday and another for Thursday
  • month: any
  • Day of Month: any

I want a backup every monday and Thursday at 01:00

The problem is that no back is made.

The only way I can get a backup is doing it manually.

Someone can hel me?

Thank you

Just did a clean install of LanCache Prefill on a new machine.

After the setup I ran:

su $USER
cd ${DATA_DIR}/(BattleNet|Epic|Steam)Prefill

which resulted in:

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

I then looked in the logfile where I noticed this:

---Version missmatch, installed v1.5.0, downloading and installing latest v1.6.1...---
---Something went wrong, can't download BattleNetPrefill v1.6.1, putting container in sleep mode---

25 minutes ago, cholzer said:

After the setup I ran:

You habe to choose one of the three not all of them so it would be:

25 minutes ago, cholzer said:
cd ${DATA_DIR}/BattleNetPrefill

For example, but if you continue reading in the description you would have seen that.

26 minutes ago, cholzer said:

I then looked in the logfile where I noticed this

How often did you restart your container?

It seems that a version from LanCache is already installed, don‘t worry too much about that for now, if you restart the container multiple times this can happen and it should work again in about an hour.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You habe to choose one of the three not all of them so it would be:

LOL, okay - I wondered if commands had changed in the new version. 
I misunderstood the description. 😅

I did then use the old commands from my cheat sheet with which i could set it up as usual. 

52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

How often did you restart your container?

I only started it, then I noticed the error in the log.

After another restart it seems to have updated. 😃

---BattleNetPrefill v1.6.1 up-to-date---

Edited by cholzer
  • Like 1

Dear @ich777

I hope this message finds you well. We recently pulled the latest Docker image of Thunderbird due to the previous version becoming increasingly slow and laggy. Unfortunately, we've encountered serious issues with the UI that require immediate attention.

Specifically, the latest version of the application is entirely non-interactive. What's displayed on our monitor resembles a static image, with no clickable elements or any form of interactivity. This has been tested across different user agents, browsers, and operating systems, confirming the issue is widespread. Importantly, this is not related to any scale mode or "only-view" settings within the application.

Traditionally, we've used the "latest" tag for pulling the Docker image. After checking both GitHub and Docker Hub, we noticed that no previous tags are available for us to revert to a functional state. Given the time-sensitive nature of this issue, if it's challenging to identify and fix the problem promptly, guidance on reverting to a previous, functional version would suffice for the time being.

Additional Info:
- We are running the application on a Linux machine
- SSL is in use for the deployment
- The application operates in a containerized environment

Your immediate attention and guidance on resolving this critical issue would be invaluable to us.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

20 minutes ago, b9egakyf said:

Specifically, the latest version of the application is entirely non-interactive. What's displayed on our monitor resembles a static image, with no clickable elements or any form of interactivity. This has been tested across different user agents, browsers, and operating systems, confirming the issue is widespread. Importantly, this is not related to any scale mode or "only-view" settings within the application.

This is really strange since I use it on a daily basis and it is my main Email client and it is working for me without a hitch.

Traditionally, we've used the "latest" tag for pulling the Docker image. After checking both GitHub and Docker Hub, we noticed that no previous tags are available for us to revert to a functional state.

My container is self maintaining so this means that it pulls the latest version from Thunderbird and then it uses the built in Thunderbird updater to update the application.

So to speak, nothing changed from my side.

SSL is in use for the deployment

Have you yet tried it without SSL on a local connection?

The application operates in a containerized environment

Sure because it's a Docker container. Do you run the container on Unraid or on another Docker host?

Your immediate attention and guidance on resolving this critical issue would be invaluable to us.

Re-pulling the image won't do much because as said, nothing changed in terms of the image.

I pushed an update 11 days ago but that was just a maintenance update and has nothing changed in terms how the container is working.

Have you yet tried the clear the browser cache on the machines that you try to connect?

On what machine is the container running? Do you have any changes made to the hardware?

As said above I use the container on a daily basis and it is working just fine over here on a Linux host with Firefox/Edge, Windows host with Firefox/Edge.

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly, we really appreciate it. To answer your questions:

1.  SSL on a local connection: Yes, we tried that, and unfortunately, we're seeing the same issue
  2.  Docker host and machine info: We're not using Unraid. The machine running the container is on 3.10.0-1160.81.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.
  3. Browser Cache: Good suggestion, but clearing the cache didn't make any difference. We also tried accessing the app in safe mode, private browsing, and incognito mode, but the issue persists.
  4. Hardware Changes: No, there haven't been any hardware changes or any automated/manual OS/package updates.

By the way, a new thing we noticed is that the window is completely black now, as if it's dead.

Looking forward to your guidance on this.

Best,

Edited by b9egakyf
5 hours ago, b9egakyf said:

Looking forward to your guidance on this.

Best

Do you habe by any chance a log output or something?

5 hours ago, b9egakyf said:

3.10.0-1160.81.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

Is this a system in the cloud or is this a system that you have at home?

What are the contents from the bind mount from the container?

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please describe what you‘ve did exactly and please send screenshits from your template.

Logs show that the key is being used but client can connect only providing the domain name where the server/relay is hosted.

I'm using a custom network to help with port forwards from wan.

Any chances keys are cached in client and thats why i'm able to get in without a key ? 

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 08.32.20.png

3 hours ago, ArthurM said:

Any chances keys are cached in client and thats why i'm able to get in without a key ? 

Maybe, but I can't tell for sure.

I use the container almost the same but I use

--key _

but that shouldn't make a difference since it does the same.

Are you sure that you've specified your key in your client. What you are describing is not possible usually. However IIRC if you tried it first without a key and after that create a key and then connect to the server then it is possible that the client that tries to connect is cached on the server <- but I'm not sure anymore about that since it was a long time ago since I've set up my server/clients.

EDIT: I just tried to connect to my server without keys and the connection is immediately rejected (connections with my key are of course possible).

Great questions, let's dive in:

•     Log Output: Absolutely, you can find the log output here:
https://pastebin.com/zTAVfRsX

Feel free to check it out.

•     System Location: We're running this in the cloud, not on a home system.
  •     Bind Mount Contents: Ah, I don't have access to that info right now. I'll get it for you ASAP. What should I be looking for, though? I have to admit, I'm not super familiar with the contents that should be in the bind mount.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!