[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

12 minutes ago, thewave said:

Do I need to use my own IP as the homeserver in the config.yml?

I would recommend that you use your real domain like:

https://matrix.yourdomain.com

12 minutes ago, thewave said:

Do I need to use two separate Matrix accounts for messaging?

You only need one account for pushbits, if you create a application it will show up as a new room in matrix and the account pushbits will invite you to the room.

Hope that makes sense.

I heavily use pushbits and have around 15 to 20 applicaitons.

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I would recommend that you use your real domain like:

https://matrix.yourdomain.com

You only need one account for pushbits, if you create a application it will show up as a new room in matrix and the account pushbits will invite you to the room.

Hope that makes sense.

I heavily use pushbits and have around 15 to 20 applicaitons.

Let's pretend my domain name is abcdef.com

I have Nginx Reverse Proxy set up with a proxy host of pushbits.abcdef.com set to forward to my.unraid.ip:8050.

Is the initial admin just a local account and the credentials don't matter that much?  Should I leave it as the default admin/admin?  Or should these credentials match what I use to log in to Element?

I have set the homeserver in the config.yaml file set to http://pushbits.abcdef.com and the container will not start:

image.png.bb9edfa2dbd1f34cdacba7d1718b9542.png

Edited by thewave
33 minutes ago, thewave said:

Let's pretend my domain name is abcdef.com

I have Nginx Reverse Proxy set up with a proxy host of pushbits.abcdef.com set to forward to my.unraid.ip:8050.

Yes, but you don't need to do that when you only want to push messages from your local network, you could always use my.unraid.ip:8050 internally to push messages.

Is the initial admin just a local account and the credentials don't matter that much?

This is the admin account you have to set up and that is meant for creating applications through the pushbits api so to speak with pbcli

Or should these credentials match what I use to log in to Element?

No, I assume this is your account. Pushbits needs it's own account.

16 minutes ago, thewave said:

Do I need to have my own matrix server, separate from the Pushbits container?

No, you just need a server where you can create a user with a password so that Pushbits can use it to invite you to rooms and push messages.

I have set the homeserver in the config.yaml file set to http://pushbits.abcdef.com and the container will not start:

I assume you haven't created a account on your home server or the server that you want to use for the account for Pushbits.

I hope this explains it a bit better

grafik.thumb.png.e8f49cb63f09fd0051bc7e3927cba787.png

admin:

name: & password: <- this is the username and password (which you can specify) that is allowed to create/delete/list applications through pbcli

matrixid: <- this is usually your account in this format: @yourusername:matrix.example.com (if you create a application Pushbits will invite this user to the room)

matrix:

homeserver: <- This is where the Matrix server for Pushbits itself is hosted and you first have to create the user on this server

username: <- This is the Pushbits username on homeserver:

password: <- This is the Pusbhits password on homeserver:

So to speak it could look like this:

admin:
  name: 'thewave'
  password: 'mysupersecretpassword'
  matrixid: '@thewave:matrix.org'

matrix:
  homeserver: 'https://matrix.org'
  username: 'pb_thewave'
  password: 'superstrongpasswordhere'

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You're teaching me about both Matrix messaging as well as Pushbits right now; I just want to say that I appreciate your time.

The changes I've just made:  I switched the initial admin username back to 'admin' and I made the password simple so I didn't need to copy/paste it.

The Matrix ID of the initial admin is set to the Element account (beginning with @) that I'm using to sign into the Element app on my phone.

I've just left homeserver as the default of https://matrix.org

I created a second matrix account on element with the name username 'pushbits' and a secure password.  

I deleted the old config.yml and pushbits.db files and copied the new config to the folder, then ran the container.  I didn't change the permissions of the new db file.  And...

image.thumb.png.ad7e1089bac57cdd37c88cdb6589a50b.png

Woo!

I went to Unraid Notification Settings and set the Full server base url to my.unraid.ip:8050 (8050 being the host port specified in the docker template), and then I pasted the token from the above screenshot, and it works!  I got a notification.

But at this point, what I understand is that I'm using the public matrix.org server for notifications.  You're saying that you recommend I self host a matrix server to use for this?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, thewave said:

I went to Unraid Notification Settings and set the Full server base url to my.unraid.ip:8050 (8050 being the host port specified in the docker template), and then I pasted the token from the above screenshot, and it works!  I got a notification.

Nice, glad to hear that it is working. :)

43 minutes ago, thewave said:

But at this point, what I understand is that I'm using the public matrix.org server for notifications.

Yes, but that's not an issue.

44 minutes ago, thewave said:

You're saying that you recommend I self host a matrix server to use for this?

No, not if you are using it just for that, setting up your own Matrix server can be quite difficult and for such a use case it's most of the time not really worth the time and the matrix.org server does the job also just fine. :)

It is safe to use the matrix.org server for that (of course as long as you've chosen a strong password for that account).

Hello I have sabnzb in version 4.0.3 [9fafe64] running on my Unraid system.
Unfortunately I have since some time the problem that a download runs with a maximum of 32m bit.
But I have a giga bit line and that worked once.
The speed of my internet provider is correct according to the speed test.
I have an account with UsenetFarm.
Do I have to set anything else?
Many greetings
and thanks for any help

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 hour ago, classma said:

Unfortunately I have since some time the problem that a download runs with a maximum of 32m bit.

Are you sure that you are not limited by your provider? Maybe they have currently bandwidth issues, of course this is just a guess...

Do you have another provider that you can try and see if it's the same?

Does you downloads path in the Docker template point to the real path (/mnt/DISKNAME/...) or the FUSE file path (/mnt/user/.../?

Hello, 
unfortunately I do not have another provider that I could test. 
Restricted is also not because I get almost 1 gigabit.

Had measured it with a speed test.

And I have a gigabit network.

I have attached a photo of my setting.
I'm still a newbie and I set it like this. is it right?
In the 2nd picture I have attached my folder structure.
can you help me??
Many greetings from Lübeck

image.thumb.png.328d7a42a030da78aa136c7fb74b1b50.png

image.thumb.png.0dfeb3acf4e325123cb8b171feef875a.png

12 hours ago, classma said:

I have that in the array .

Was this always the case or did you change anything recently.

I would recommend that you put it on a spare SSD or single device since it can limit your download speeds significantly if it unpacks and downloads at the same time.

Any reason why the Thunderbird container doesn't let me pick unstable?

The Debian repo might not be the best source to reference for packages that need to be very up-to-date...

I'd suggest adding the Mozilla repo apt repo and sourcing from there upon every reboot of the container rather than pulling from Debian. Being stuck 14-15 versions behind is no laughing matter when you try to be using the latest release and unstable is unavailable as a tag.

And if it's not too much to ask, do you have any plans to switch to kasmvnc over novlc?

19 minutes ago, Glassed Silver said:

I'd suggest adding the Mozilla repo apt repo and sourcing from there upon every reboot of the container rather than pulling from Debian. Being stuck 14-15 versions behind is no laughing matter when you try to be using the latest release and unstable is unavailable as a tag.

That's not how my container works.

My container pulls the initial version from Mozilla itself, extracts it and then it uses the built in updater to update itself, it doesn't pull anything from the Debian repo itself in terms of Thunderbird.

19 minutes ago, Glassed Silver said:

And if it's not too much to ask, do you have any plans to switch to kasmvnc over novlc?

No plans yet and not for the foreseeable future for my containers.

EDIT: maybe I can look into that when real life calms down a bit but I assume that will not be the case this year…

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

That's not how my container works.

My container pulls the initial version from Mozilla itself, extracts it and then it uses the built in updater to update itself, it doesn't pull anything from the Debian repo itself in terms of Thunderbird.

No plans yet and not for the foreseeable future for my containers.

EDIT: maybe I can look into that when real life calms down a bit but I assume that will not be the case this year…

Fair enough, but then how do I get it to download a version that's not rather old?

latest gave me version 102, which happens to be what Debian's repo has.

Okay, I just investigated. Apparently you use the FF ESR/Thunderbird ppa, that one only offers 102 as latest for Thunderbird.

It'd be nice if you could make it an option to use their thunderbird-next repo instead through a variable. However it's nice to see you don't rely on Debian for the main third-party packages that supply reliable repos themselves.

Other than that, thank you so much for the container. :)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Glassed Silver said:

Okay, I just investigated. Apparently you use the FF ESR/Thunderbird ppa, that one only offers 102 as latest for Thunderbird.

TBH I blame the built in updater and really can‘t tell why this happens.

8 hours ago, Glassed Silver said:

It'd be nice if you could make it an option to use their thunderbird-next repo instead through a variable.

I will look into that but that could take some time because real life…

• Like 2
On 8/7/2023 at 2:11 AM, Glassed Silver said:

latest gave me version 102, which happens to be what Debian's repo has.

Please update the container you are now able to specify if you want to download "latest" or "beta".

The container will now (as of time of writing) pull the latest version 115.1.0

I won't recommend switching between "beta" and "latest" since it is also not recommended by Mozilla itself, it should work however but there are some implications about compatibility in the profiles folder and from my testing you have to create a new profile if you switch from beta back to latest.

EDIT: I've now took a quick look at KasmVNC and see no real benefit switching over at least not at a first glance.

From my testing it behaves pretty much the same  in terms of speed/quality and the downside at least from my perspective is that you can't connect with a VNC client to it.

Help.
I am trying to get away from DeludgeVPN and Transmission_VPN but can't seem to get OPENVPN to work

Can someone tell me what to do?

x

023-08-10 21:29:04 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM:CHACHA20-POLY1305). OpenVPN ignores --cipher for cipher negotiations. 
2023-08-10 21:29:04 WARNING: file '/vpn/vpn.auth' is group or others accessible
2023-08-10 21:29:04 OpenVPN 2.6.3 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] [DCO]
2023-08-10 21:29:04 library versions: OpenSSL 3.0.9 30 May 2023, LZO 2.10
2023-08-10 21:29:04 DCO version: N/A
2023-08-10 21:29:04 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file -----BEGIN X509 CRL-----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-----END X509 CRL-----

2023-08-10 21:29:04 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]191.96.67.180:1198
2023-08-10 21:29:04 UDPv4 link local: (not bound)
2023-08-10 21:29:04 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]191.96.67.180:1198
2023-08-10 21:29:04 [houston424] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]191.96.67.180:1198
2023-08-10 21:29:04 WARNING: You have specified redirect-gateway and redirect-private at the same time (or the same option multiple times). This is not well supported and may lead to unexpected results
2023-08-10 21:29:04 sitnl_send: rtnl: generic error (-101): Network is unreachable
2023-08-10 21:29:04 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
2023-08-10 21:29:04 net_iface_mtu_set: mtu 1500 for tun0
2023-08-10 21:29:04 net_iface_up: set tun0 up
2023-08-10 21:29:04 net_addr_v4_add: 10.20.112.153/24 dev tun0
2023-08-10 21:29:04 WARNING: OpenVPN was configured to add an IPv6 route. However, no IPv6 has been configured for tun0, therefore the route installation may fail or may not work as expected.
2023-08-10 21:29:04 add_route_ipv6(2000::/3 -> :: metric -1) dev tun0
2023-08-10 21:29:04 sitnl_send: rtnl: generic error (-13): Permission denied
2023-08-10 21:29:04 ERROR: Linux route add command failed
2023-08-10 21:29:04 Initialization Sequence Completed

10 hours ago, rmciii said:

I tried changing from us-texas to us-houston but nothing

I don't have a PIA account and I can't help here but maybe someone else with PIA can help.

22 hours ago, rmciii said:

2023-08-10 21:29:04 Initialization Sequence Completed

But it seems that the communication with your VPN is established, how did you check if it is not working?