[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

5 minutes ago, thewave said:

It looks like the default config.yaml is using sqlite, but when I tried to start the docker without doing anything it said the database file didn't exist

Did you put the config.yaml in the main directory from the container?

The container should create it on first start.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you put the config.yaml in the main directory from the container?

The container should create it on first start.

Yep, I put it in the main directory but the container failed to start.  I wonder if that means the container didn't have permissions to create the pushbits.db file?

Just now, thewave said:

Yep, I put it in the main directory but the container failed to start.  I wonder if that means the container didn't have permissions to create the pushbits.db file?

What are the permissions in that folder? Have you done anything custom? I can only tell you that over here it is working perfectly fine.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What are the permissions in that folder? Have you done anything custom? I can only tell you that over here it is working perfectly fine.

Well, when I looked at the logs and I saw this error: 

2023/07/28 22:08:18 /build/internal/database/database.go:52
[error] failed to initialize database, got error unable to open database file: no such file or directory

I figured I must have to create the db file myself - so I tried to do that in the unraid terminal.  Based on what you just said, I deleted that db file.  Now, trying to start the container it says it failed to find configuration config.yml , even though I can see the file in the /mnt/user/appdata/pushbits folder.

Maybe it'd be easier to remove the container and start over from scratch?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

What path is set in the container template?

So I got the container to start.  It looks like the container couldn't see the config.yml because of a permissions issue; the /mnt/user/appdata/pushbits folder had an owner of 'UNKNOWN'.  I manually changed that to 'nobody' and the container was able to see the config file and start.

For unraid notifications, I assume the URL is unraid.ip:listeningport.  Do know how I can get the app token?

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please read the description from the container and you will see how you can create a token. 😉

Seems I need to use the pbcli tool - is this done in the console of the docker?  When I try to enter the console I assume it errors, because the window immediately closes itself

EDIT: I changed the docker console from bash to shell, and now I can access pbcli; it says the supplied URL is invalid.  Is this not the listening port?  Do I need a reverse proxy enabled for this to work?

Edited by thewave
28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Whyt URL are you using can you privide post the full command please.

Yes, you‘ll di that from the Docker Terminal from the container.

I will PM you the full command because it includes my username and domain.  Also, the readme says that the listening port needs to be changed in the config.yml.  The container port is grayed out and can't be changed in the unraid UI; does the config.yml need to match the container port or the host port?

image.thumb.png.a7732abc25191886fcea1941ece028c3.png

17 minutes ago, thewave said:

I will PM you the full command because it includes my username and domain.

Did you do a reverse proxy on that?

If you are doing it from inside the container the URL will be http://127.0.0.1:8080 since you are in the container and you can use localhost.

19 minutes ago, thewave said:

The container port is grayed out and can't be changed in the unraid UI; does the config.yml need to match the container port or the host port?

The container port needs to match the container port in the Docker template so I would recommend that you let it at 8080 so that it is reachable from outside the container on port 8050 like in your configuration.

Hope that makes sense.

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you do a reverse proxy on that?

Hey, this is setup through Nginx Proxy Manager

This is what my console looks like in the docker: 

I tried with both the admin credentials in the config.yml as well as the matrix credentials

image.thumb.png.f4030773dd5484c6ffcf5c4efcc5eff8.png

Edited by thewave
23 minutes ago, thewave said:

I tried with both the admin credentials in the config.yml as well as the matrix credentials

Please use as wrote above:

http://127.0.0.1:8080

However if you get a 403 error this means that the password is wrong.

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please use as wrote above:

http://127.0.0.1:8080

However if you get a 403 error this means that the password is wrong.

Hey, I tried the exact address as above and I still get the 403 forbidden error.  This may be related to unfamiliarity with Matrix messaging.  I tried setting up an account on element and I've copy/pasted the password to the config.yml file as well as the console, but I get the same error.  At one point, element said I had an 'unverified session' but said that Pushbits didn't support encryption and so I could not verify the session.  Do you have a different app that you recommend to use?

24 minutes ago, thewave said:

I tried setting up an account on element and I've copy/pasted the password to the config.yml file as well as the console, but I get the same error.

You have to use the admin user for Pushbits that you've specified in the config.yaml not the Matrix user to create an application for Pusbhits.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to use the admin user for Pushbits that you've specified in the config.yaml not the Matrix user to create an application for Pusbhits.

Using the admin credentials I get: Request failed with HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

The logs for this:

image.thumb.png.f8285ca6d872b88023e0bacf8b7aca9a.png

1 hour ago, thewave said:

Using the admin credentials I get: Request failed with HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Then the password is wrong, I've tried it now on a fresh installed container and it works perfectly fine:
grafik.png.b0fd4bd412ea4fef7fe28e14ff844dee.png

I even can reproduce this when I put in a wrong password:

grafik.png.8fd4cf0a53b6657550359d7da5fdf843.png

This is the log:
grafik.thumb.png.392e850664b238b178665961652afefc.png

You have to make sure that you use the admin credentials:
grafik.png.9bf32aebe13a644d9b34d4573db0bca3.png

Please also make sure that you've use the port 8080 like in this example. Check also if your password have quotes or double quotes in it and remove them if so, maybe you have some characters in it which Pushbits isn't too happy about.

I would also recommend that you remove the database file again when changing passwords and create a new one with this commands when you are in the directory from Pusbhits:

touch pushbits.db
chmod 777 pushbits.db
chown 99:100 pushbits.db

(please change the file name if you are using a different on in your config.yaml)

What you can try is to set the permission to 777 for pushbits which lives in your appdate folder with chmod 777 and to user and group to 99:100 with chown 99:100

4 minutes ago, Gray J said:

I am unable to. When I right or left click, nothing happens.

Please wait until the copy finishes and then try again.

I haven‘t seen this issue yet.

You can try to press CTRL + ALT + D

(but please remember that you have to use the noVNC side menu to simulate the CTRL and ALT key)

If that all doesn‘t work you have to restart the container.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please wait until the copy finishes and then try again.

I haven‘t seen this issue yet.

You can try to press CTRL + ALT + D

(but please remember that you have to use the noVNC side menu to simulate the CTRL and ALT key)

If that all doesn‘t work you have to restart the container.

Before I use that command, what should I expect it to do?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Deleting the .db file and allowing pushbits to recreate it did help and allowed me to get further.  I'm now getting an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error:

image.thumb.png.04efc1838480223ccfc3b94dc977b3c5.png

And the logs:

image.thumb.png.e7327bca1e64c102eb9ae8c8bbbc06d5.png

Notably, when running these commands the container is able to create the rooms in Element:

image.png.0c7741c8bae7f065ea6890a2fe08730f.png

Do I need to use my own IP as the homeserver in the config.yml?  Do I need to use two separate Matrix accounts for messaging?

image.png.005f6a8dbac81410d97e563e55241c7b.png

Edited by thewave